13-7: 2011.10.10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

205 replies to this topic

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 2:16 PM

Louis just posted his online blog. He thought JR and Karina deserved some 10's, just like Ricki & Derek. Wow.

Ehrin

Ehrin

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 2:21 PM

JR was robbed (again!). CAI is a useless stupid bitch. There I said it.

Chynna forgot her routine. That was painful and did not deserve the 7s. This is from someone who likes Chynna. Can't score her last night based on previous performances.

Enjoyed David. Got a little teary-eyed after Chaz's dance. Cher was so proud and emotional.

meowrr

meowrr

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 2:29 PM

Hope looks like a non-overly-skinny-version of Deb from Dexter. There were a few times last night where I was expecting her to bust out some "What the FUCK?" or other potty-mouth-laden talk.

That's it! Thanks, frostedglass, because it's been bugging me for weeks, thinking that Hope looked like someone that I couldn't place.

I tuned out during the Psycho dance, guess I'll go back and watch to see if it really deserved tens. (I admit my bias- I already vote NO, lol.) My guess is Carson leaves tonight, although lord love a duck, I enjoy him so much more than sour-puss Nancy or heart-attack-in-waiting Chaz.

Edited by meowrr, Oct 11, 2011 @ 3:16 PM.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 2:32 PM

My guess is Carson leaves tonight

I have a terrible feeling that you are right. I'm gonna be really upset.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 2:44 PM

Chynna forgot her routine. That was painful and did not deserve the 7s. This is from someone who likes Chynna. Can't score her last night based on previous performances.

I felt awful for her, but at best she should have gotten 6s. What she danced looked pretty, but most of the "dance" was her wobbling around. And I want her in the finale because she's one of the better dancers this season, but she didn't earn her score.

Jaundiced Eye

Jaundiced Eye

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 3:36 PM

Just how much time does Hope spends away from DWTS anyway? No one seems to have mentioned it, but she participated in the Chicago Marathon on Sunday. She was part of a relay, so I don't know how much of the race she ran, BUT travel from LA to Chicago, run the Marathon, fly back to LA, practice and perform on Monday night? What the hell, man? No wonder Len was on a tear.

Have to chime in with my Derek love, as always. I'm very happy to see he's at least getting the [grudging] praise he so rightfully deserves. I know I stand alone here, but if there was a spin-off dancing show that featured both Derek AND Mark Ballas, I'd be so on it. I honestly think they are the most exciting dancers/choreographers this show has to offer -- by far.

I am completely ready for Chaz to go, but if he doesn't, I wouldn't mind losing Rob or Nancy. Carson cannot dance at all, but I still enjoy watching him.

lovemaks

lovemaks

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 4:03 PM

At first I was not thrilled Hope was dancing with Maks. But now I like her. She knows she is not a natural dancer and she is trying really hard. She only did a very short relay in the marathon and flew back to LA. With the time difference she probably did not miss anything.

This week I saw her acting and I think she did great and I see her improving each week.

I agree that some scores were way off, mainly Chynna and Chaz and Rob. Not sure what they see in Rob but I don't see it all.

I predict Chynna going home

toonces464

toonces464

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 4:35 PM

Just how much time does Hope spends away from DWTS anyway? No one seems to have mentioned it, but she participated in the Chicago Marathon on Sunday. She was part of a relay, so I don't know how much of the race she ran, BUT travel from LA to Chicago, run the Marathon, fly back to LA, practice and perform on Monday night? What the hell, man? No wonder Len was on a tear.

She also did a few other events in Chicago and was in NY before that for the ESPN party. No idea when they practiced but it wasn't at 2 AM since Maks was tweeting from clubs and restaurants in NYC about being out with his friends.

AnnaJanna

AnnaJanna

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 5:34 PM

Throughout her entire dance, Ricki's face looked as if she was worried she was going to lose her footing at any point. Hence, I spent the entire dance holding my breath. In my opinion, that is not a 10. 10's go to people who make the dance apprear effortless.

On the other hand, I thought the choreography of JRs dance was absolutely perfect. It depicted the whimsy and bumbling of Inspector Clousteau (not seeing each other, even though they are directly behind each other, etc.) without resorting to "staged" bumbling within the physical dance. On the contrary -- the dance was elegant with very little physical fault (that I can perceive from my couch.) They were completely underscored. Obviously, Carrie Anne knows NOTHING about the original Pink Panther movie.

I've been quite fed-up with the heckeling of Len during a negative or rough critique. I think it's low-class and uncalled for. Maybe that's why he's been increasing cranky. However, the "boos" seemed a bit toned down last night. Or...was I just so stunned by the horrific scoring that I didn't notice?

Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music--Mandolin
    History
    Vegetarian Cuisine

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 5:41 PM

I would reward Ricki for dealing with the convoluted choreography, but I hate to validate Derick, who must be the world's worst pageant mother. He should let his partner put her own personality in rather than use her as a vehicle for his success.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 5:45 PM

I think Nancy will go home. Just a hunch.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 5:54 PM

If Rob's name was Smith, he'd be scored lower.

If Rob's name were Smith, he wouldn't be anywhere near this show. Unless he was actually the recently discovered brother of Will Smith.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 7:13 PM

As it stands, JR and Ricky are the only 2 I can see in the finale at this point.

Ricki struggles with one dance. I can't imagine three. I also can't remember Derek ever having one good freestyle (he reused the same one for Brooke and Nicole and I forgot it before it was over - all I remember about Jennifer was a watermelon). But he's winning no matter what.

Blue Plastic

Blue Plastic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 8:07 PM

I forgot to comment on Richard Simmons. He looked like he was an inch away from death! Wikipedia says he is 63. Now, while I admit that's not a spring chicken, he just shouldn't look that bad - he's in his 60s, not his 80s! I always kind of liked him - even though he's kind of silly and it's not necessary to wear a tank shirt and shorts everywhere, I think he was really sincere about wanting to help people get healthier and make exercise and eating right a habit instead of an insurmountable chore. I appreciate that about him, and I hate to think he might be in ill health now. I hope he is okay.

The thing I didn't appreciate about his appearance, though, is that you can't give an overweight person like Chaz one "workout" session and then suddenly they will be physically fit and able to do anything. It was just cruel to make him run up the stairs like that. I'm sure Lacey didn't mean it to be, or maybe she was put up to it by the producers or something, but it was awful.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 9:53 PM

Late to the party, but I actually liked most of the routines. JR, Ricki and (dare I say it) Chaz were my favorites. Chaz isn't great by any stretch, but he brings so much spirit (as do many of the others), it is hard not to cheer him on. JR and Karina were so quirky and fun, I loved them. I thought Derek's choreography for his Tango with Ricki was brilliant. Can't say they deserved 10's but it was great fun to watch. I'm guessing JR is running away with this, which is why he keeps getting a little low balled.

David and Carson are my personal favorites, but neither has a prayer, so I'm hoping JR takes it!

officetemp

officetemp

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 10:15 PM

David and Carson are my personal favorites, but neither has a prayer, so I'm hoping JR takes it!

I agree completely.

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 10:25 PM

Officetemp and Fable, y'all are my soul mates! I just admitted that those are the 3 I voted for last night (I didn't trust David's fan base to save him since he was safe last week and middle of the pack, I was miffed at JR's scoring by Carrie Ann, and Carson and Anna just light up my evening)!

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 6:25 AM

That makes 4 of us - I love David, Carson and JR. Would love to have all 3 in the finals - I know it won't happen, but that would make me so happy. You know it would be so entertaining.

sosweety1011

sosweety1011

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 11:35 AM

And I keep thinking Bruce Jenner is someones Grandmother. Dude, please!

ROFL!

Agree 100% with the sentiment that CAI is a complete idiot. That Pink Panther routine was the best of the entire night, and JR was ridiculously underscored. And get your eyes checked Carrie Ann -- that was NOT a lift in the routine. Geez, that schtick of hers is getting old. I wish the producers would let her go at the end of the season, and fill her slot with a rotating group of more qualified female judges. At this point, almost anyone else would be a vast improvement over Carrie Ann.

All my votes went toward Carson and J.R.

Jaundiced Eye

Jaundiced Eye

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 12:11 PM

The thing I didn't appreciate about his appearance, though, is that you can't give an overweight person like Chaz one "workout" session and then suddenly they will be physically fit and able to do anything. It was just cruel to make him run up the stairs like that.

Can't agree with this. The fact that Chad was ABLE to run up the stairs at all leads me to believe that he is crying wolf about his fear of blowing out his knees, or hurting his ankles, or whatever his excuse du jour is. I think he's just lazy and unmotivated. I do understand that he is carrying a lot of excess weight, but anyone who has serious knee problems will tell you that it is not possible, under any circumstances, to run up stairs. If his "knee problems" were real, he would have been hanging onto the bannister and just hoisting himself up one stair (and one leg) at a time.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 2:00 PM

The alleged lift in JR and Karina's dance was the exact same move that was in Chaz and Lacey's dance that immediately preceded JR and Karina, and they looked the same to me. Both women flipped over, but both women kept their feet on the ground, which is CA's barometer so in my totally objective opinion, she was talking out of her ass.

But I brought this over from the results show thread:

[Len's] comment about Hope should be enough to get him a reprimand at the least. DWTS obviously wanted Hope Solo, schedule or not.

Without context, I'd think Len's comment to Hope was unnecessarily rude, but with Evan as her precedent, she really is kind of coasting. He had at least as grueling a schedule as Hope, and he never once looked like he was slacking or half-assing. That didn't stop the judges from taking every opportunity to tell him exactly how and where he wasn't perfect, no matter how nitpicky his imperfections may have been, but he came back every week never making the same mistake twice, except he never really did get good hip action. But even that improved.

Evan did come into the show with some technique and experience where Hope didn't and I think she got a pass for not being clean or precise because of it. But if she's not really showing improvement in technique then she should be called on it. No one's expecting her to dance like Karina, but by now she should be showing more improvement, and she isn't. Plus, she doesn't seem that interested in the critiques, which is probably what set Len off even more.

I don't know if it's fair to use Evan as anyone's standard for doggedness or diligence because the man is practically OCD about training. But Len's comments were not out of the blue and are somewhat standard for how he treats certain competitors. Usually the younger ones who have some potential and should be able to improve quicker.

And Len is supposed to judge the performances. He critiques each person against him or herself, which often leads to him sounding schizophrenic, especially when he'll be complimentary toward Chaz and still give him a 6 or 7 and ream Hope and still give her an 8, but while I think he was impolitic and maybe rude, I don't think he was off the mark. They may have recruited her but she is still responsible for her performance on the show. If it's not up to par, she should be told.

dely

dely

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 2:40 PM

I just wanted to say in defense of Chynna and the alleged "fragility" that several people have commented on, I think she has an enormous amount of strength. To me, being able to somehow keep moving and finish the dance, even though she knew that the choreography was a total lost cause, showed a great deal of strength. Further, to stand in front of the judges after what she'd just done, acknowledge the difficult (although justified) criticism of her "dance", agree she'd messed up, and go up to Brooke for another helping, all without letting go of the tears that were so clearly wanting to be shed, shows even more strength. Since this is Monday's thread, I'll confine my comments to the events of that show, but I thought she showed great strength and grace in the face of what must have been an huge feeling of disappointment in herself, and I thought she handled herself very well.

Edited by dely, Oct 12, 2011 @ 2:41 PM.

Serendi

Serendi

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 3:20 PM

I do understand that he is carrying a lot of excess weight, but anyone who has serious knee problems will tell you that it is not possible, under any circumstances, to run up stairs.

I've had a variety of knee problems over the years (currently have one total knee replacement, will someday have the other done). I can assure you this is NOT true. Some knee problems make it incredibly hard to go DOWN stairs (and Chaz says this is the case with his knees) but going upstairs is no problem. Others make either difficult. Knees have lots of things that can go wrong.

toonces464

toonces464

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 3:57 PM

Plus, she doesn't seem that interested in the critiques, which is probably what set Len off even more.

I noticed the face she made Monday night after getting her scores. Her attitude really does stink.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 4:21 PM

I just wanted to say in defense of Chynna and the alleged "fragility" that several people have commented on, I think she has an enormous amount of strength. To me, being able to somehow keep moving and finish the dance, even though she knew that the choreography was a total lost cause, showed a great deal of strength. Further, to stand in front of the judges after what she'd just done, acknowledge the difficult (although justified) criticism of her "dance", agree she'd messed up, and go up to Brooke for another helping, all without letting go of the tears that were so clearly wanting to be shed, shows even more strength. Since this is Monday's thread, I'll confine my comments to the events of that show, but I thought she showed great strength and grace in the face of what must have been an huge feeling of disappointment in herself, and I thought she handled herself very well.

Agreed. The whole event reminded me of when Matt DiAngelo forgot the last 20 seconds of his Foxtrot on SCD, except that unlike Matt, Chynna trusted Tony enough to let him talk her through it and lead her through the steps, rather than just giving up and sitting down, which is what Matt did. For that, I give Chynna major props for finishing what she started, trusting Tony to have her back, and owning up to her mistakes in the face of what must have been utter humiliation for her in front of millions of viewers. She really should be proud of herself.

Pandora3

Pandora3

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 4:52 PM

I give Chynna major props for finishing

No kidding. That must have seemed like one of those social anxiety nightmares come to life. The fact she kept moving and finished was quite an accomplishment.