Cycle 18 Spoiler Talk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

122 replies to this topic

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:25 PM

I think the speculation about AzMarie not going overseas is based on her possibly not being able to deliver in the upcoming music video and pics for upcoming photoshoots that appear to happen once they go to Macau/Honk Kong: HK Cultural Centre, Silk Worm shoot, and Macau Tower Silk Worm shoot and Hello Kitty shoot Pic of Laura? Food shoot (Estelle epi)

Right now speculation is the final three are Alisha, Eboni and Sophie. Annaliese, Laura and Seymone round out the top six.

I hope it's not true she leaves now either but stranger things have happened on this show. I can see AzMarie struggling with this and Tyra kicking her off just for the shock factor.

Edited by milkyaqua, Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:37 PM.

Nigel stinks

Nigel stinks

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

I bet Eboni wins (I don't like her), she kind of looks like a young Tyra, she is US, black, will be F2 with a Brit (revenge over Naomi). Nigel is starting to give her a tongue bath and Tyra loves her.

Sentosa

Sentosa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 12:57 PM

As I think Eboni has more potential than anyone I'd sort of prefer her not to win. Sophie's a good model but I think she's kind of arrogant and spoiled. I like that US fans are getting behind her, as she's a Brit, but I think that might partly be because of different cultural manners - she come across better to a culture that's more positive, competitive and rewards extraversion to a greater degree. I'm glad Azmarie doesn't get too far, but am extremely disappointed about Catherine, who I think would be great if she had a decent dye job and lost 5-10 lbs. Alisha is the only Brit I think I'd be friends with, she's fun but smart and realistic and not over the top. They seemed to be setting things up for her to start turning it around and doing well, and I'll be happy to watch her to the end, even though she's not even the third-strongest model.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

I still don't see Eboni winning this. I'm surprised she'd get far really. The baby Tyras/generically pretty black girls usually don't last. The latest spoiler conjecture though seems to give the edge to Annaliese...whatever. She's at least amusing. Catherine going doesn't shock me either. Her body's not great and she really got screwed over with that makeover. So I can see Alisha, Sophie, and Laura surviving until the end with Annaliese.

As for AzMarie's early departure, next week's promo pretty much explains why she'll likely be gone. She refuses to participate in at least part of Tyra's booty tooch teach...(ugh at actually typing this out). Tyra won't let that slide come panel time no matter how well AzMarie does in the video challenge. She's toast for sure.

Edited by milkyaqua, Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:28 PM.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

As for AzMarie's early departure, next week's promo pretty much explains why she'll likely be gone. She refuses to participate in at least part of Tyra's booty tooch teach...(ugh at actually typing this out). Tyra won't let that slide come panel time no matter how well AzMarie does in the video challenge. She's toast for sure.

I just watched the promo, and... yeah. AzMarie is definitely toast. You don't turn down Tyra's Tooch Teach. Has the girl never watched this show before?

Saintz

Saintz

Couch Potato

• Interests:Horror Movies, Graphic Design, Vh1's trashtastic reality shows, Desperate Housewives, Project Runway, Nip/Tuck, ANTM. Also, English is not my first language so please grant me a little bit of your patience if I screw up in my posts, thanks!

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

Coco Perez has the UK Girls' video for next episode: http://cocoperez.com...nge-sneak-peek/

Jesus, I think last season's "viral videos" had higher production values. I can't with the cheap lens flare at the beginning and those bizarre warp effects. They all sounded OK but I think Sohpie did the best.

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't include Pot Ledom in the lyrics but fear not! There's a lot of booty tooch throughout the song!

Edited by Saintz, Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:56 AM.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

Here it is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Pp-FysibcFg

Oh Dominique, what did you do? You just know Tyrant got the idea to have "booty tooch" in the songs from her.

MsCaitlin

MsCaitlin

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

What has been seen cannot be unseen. oy.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

"I'm Queeeeen Cathreeeeeeen". Oh boy.

I think last cycle's videos were better. And that says a lot.

MKL122788

MKL122788

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

Tyra is a serial killer whose pattern of behavior is escalating. She has gone from music video that wasn't god awful, to motion editiorial, to music videos that were horrible, to...that.

I just...I don't...I can't...mind blown.

Dhyerwolf

Dhyerwolf

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:24 AM

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't include Pot Ledom in the lyrics but fear not! There's a lot of booty tooch throughout the song!

Rejoice! Alisha appears to say it at 0:56 and Annaliese says it at 1:06.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:11 AM

Here is a sample of the US girls song:

http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Next-.../dp/B007NUIVWO

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Oh wow. That was... embarrassing. And I further tortured myself by listening to the American girls' song, and it is equally hideous.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

Stop, Drop and Tooch, really? Oh, of course Seymone is saying Pot Ledom.

I don't know which is worse. The Brit girls at least seem to be in on the joke in the video. I can't wait to see the trainwreck that the U.S. version will probably be.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

Your wish is my command:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NuQ1RUjz8Lg

I'm at loss for words.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

Well, thanks for that. Wow, just wow...and not in a good way. Oh, Kyle, honey just, no.

I'd give this to the Brits really.

love danielle

love danielle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

I'll give this to the Brits too, even though Laura is the only US girl that I quite like. But looking at what this cycle and the direction Tyra has taken with the show, I can see why the ratings have declined.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

Dear lord.

"They're just jelly, because we're posh" is made of win. I have to start using that phrase in everday life. I think Sophie did a pretty good job, and was probably the only one who never had me cringing, because she didn't come across as trying too hard like the rest. Alisha did fairly well, but I was distracted by her hand that was just EVERYWHERE. Queen Catherine was disturbing to say the least, and Annaliese was merely okay.

The less said about the Americans, the better.

Clemency

Clemency

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

Whose voice is Azmarie using? I'm sure their voices are all auto-tuned and manipulated within an inch of their lives, but Az's voice sounds absolutely nothing like her. At all.

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

Laura is seriously channeling Ke$ha.

Sarraghina

Sarraghina

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

Did you notice that the Americans said "Stop Drop and Tooch" but never stopped or dropped? Laura (I think) was the only one who ever even got close to dropping.

Theoroeder

Theoroeder

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

Tyra hates people with epilepsy.
Also, loved how at the end of Eboni's section, she got a little "jewish mother" vibe going on.

Edited by Theoroeder, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:54 AM.

Saintz

Saintz

Couch Potato

• Interests:Horror Movies, Graphic Design, Vh1's trashtastic reality shows, Desperate Housewives, Project Runway, Nip/Tuck, ANTM. Also, English is not my first language so please grant me a little bit of your patience if I screw up in my posts, thanks!

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

For the love of Tookie, what the hell?

Kyle looked insane in the face and her voice, yikes! She was the worst closely followed by Seymoan. She looked like she didn't want to be there (and I don't blame her for it). AzMarie and Laura were... ok? And I don't even know about Eboni because I can't with those stupid ponytails. Seriously, that sucked hard.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

After watching both vids, I think my IQ has dropped at least 30 points.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

I don't think Az should go, and I feel that the ratings with drop drastically if she goes. If anything Kyle needs to go because she looked terrified and terrifying.
I thought the Brit girls did fabulously. My favorites were Catherine and Alisha. Sophie was good, but she is so effortless (which is a great thing, but I feel the other girls really tried harder to switch it up). Annaliese is cool, but I'm tired of hearing about her huge personality. We get it. You like to speak and you are bubbly. Go host a damn show or something.

Out of the Americans, I felt that Seymone surprised me. She really brought it, and in every scene she's in she's engaged. Laura was next for me, but I expected her to be good. Az is third. Ebony was good, but a bit too cheesy and all over the place. And yeah, Kyle. Ugh.

ETA: Also, does anyone else feel the direction of the videos were clearly in the Brits' favor? Each girl in the Brits' video had clear close ups and medium shots, and complete single shots, which gave them plenty of opportunities to model and vogue. Especially Sophie. The US girls were bombarded with strobe lighting and dark shadows, not to mention they almost always had another girl in their shot. Was this another situation where they had to direct themselves?

Edited by noluvnoluck, Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:11 PM.

blaase

blaase

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

Am I the only one that likes the US girls song? I mean sure the singing is heinous and it sounds like they are saying stop, drop and douche, But i really dig the beat.

divinecomedy

divinecomedy

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:03 AM

I feel the same. God that was awful, i feel embarrassed for only watching it. This makes last season look like an art :O

roguetamlin

roguetamlin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

The Brits are cheesy, but the Americans are just sad. Seymone and pot ledom. Shudder. Please tell me Kyle gets sent home for whatever that was.

nightlilies

nightlilies

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

I feel the same. God that was awful, i feel embarrassed for only watching it. This makes last season look like an art :O

So very true. I've never been embarrassed watching ANTM until now. I don't know if I can continue.

bluelantern

bluelantern

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

So very true. I've never been embarrassed watching ANTM until now. I don't know if I can continue.

You were more embarrassed by those videos than you were by the feta salad pics on All-Stars? I honestly don't think anything could possibly be worse. Even the maple-syrup shots this time seemed tasteful and well-executed by comparison.