Cycle 18 Spoiler Talk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

122 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 8:20 PM

Want to talk about leaked cast lists or elimination order or other spoiler-y stuff? Please do so here.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 9:40 PM

BNTM Contestants:

C2 Jasmia Robinson

C3 Louise Watts

C4 Catherine Thomas

C5 Annaliese Dayes

C5 Ashley Brown

C5 Sophie Sumner

C6 Alisha White

Gifs of most of the girls walking the runway

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 10:32 PM

Do we know for a fact that these girls are part of the new cast or are they just part of the first episode in a way???

SashaVanGenius

SashaVanGenius

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 10:12 AM

If they are the full cast, isn't it a bit unfair to have girls who already participated in BNTM against girls who have zero experience? Not that these BNTM girls are THAT great... although there are one or two I think have real potential (Catherine and Louise for sure). But complete unknowns vs girls who have had a degree of experience and training? Seems a tad imbalanced...

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 10:16 AM

Do we know for a fact that these girls are part of the new cast or are they just part of the first episode in a way???

Well, these articles would seem to confirm that:

Americaís Next Top Model: Itís the US v the UK!

'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 18: US Versus UK?

Top Model’s Next Season Will Reportedly Be U.S. Versus U.K.

If they are the full cast, isn't it a bit unfair to have girls who already participated in BNTM against girls who have zero experience?

Maybe a little unfair but considering the seven BNTM girls involved... I'd be more worried for the U.S. if say they'd actually gotten girls like Joy or Jade McSorley or Juste.

Edited by milkyaqua, Oct 7, 2011 @ 10:21 AM.

SashaVanGenius

SashaVanGenius

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 10:50 AM

As much as I loathed Joy, she did produce some good photos. Shame she irked the heck outta me in person.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 11:17 AM

So the American girls are new and they're competing against experienced/old British girls who are all competing to be America's Next Top Model? That just seems... ridiculous. Nonsensical and ridiculous. -And I mean that considering that this is Tyra Banks...

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 11:47 AM

Yes, it's ridiculous but Tyra did say that she was done with "regular" cycles of ANTM.

As much as I loathed Joy, she did produce some good photos. Shame she irked the heck outta me in person.

I only started paying attention to the British version after Elle McPherson took over as host in C6 and really only after it started getting down to the final six or so I only got bits and pieces of the girls personalities from reading about it after the fact. But I can't see anyone possibly being more irksome than Alisha. In addition to being pretty rank on the show and talking cr@p about her competitiors, she pretty much bagged on Models1 for not signing her and the show and picture-wise during the show and post, her output can at times be pretty bad.

I wouldn't have expected Joy or Jade to come back because they actually managed to get signed by Models1 and I know Joy is signed with Major in Paris and Why Not in Milan and I know Jade hasn't done badly either.

Edited by milkyaqua, Oct 7, 2011 @ 11:55 AM.

brisbydog

brisbydog

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 9:54 PM

I loved Sophie from cycle 5, and Ashley was very good (i.e. bitchy) TV (they may have to subtitle her in the States though!)

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 6:50 PM

This is really amusing. I can't even imagine how this is going to work out. Why not bring back some girls in the old cycles?? And have them compete against the BNTM girls. Also, wouldn't Tyra be bias for judging?

Did Louise lose weight? Or did she gain more to be plus-sized? Either way girl is a bitch, so this should at least be fun.

Edited by Jon N, Oct 9, 2011 @ 6:51 PM.

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2011 @ 3:25 AM

This is a strange, interesting idea. Nadine Coyle, lead singer of Girls Aloud announced on twitter that she's a guest judge during a music video challenge. Girls Aloud is the biggest girl group in the UK in years so that's interesting choice.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2011 @ 2:31 PM

Has anyone from any NTM ever won for a country in which they were not born a citizen? I predict the winner will be amongst the Americans.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2011 @ 3:55 PM

Has anyone from any NTM ever won for a country in which they were not born a citizen? I predict the winner will be amongst the Americans.

Good question. I do seem to remember some (small) hubbub about C6 Tiffany's win since she's originally from Malta.

With the exception of BNTM's Louise, I don't find any of the British girls to be that modely looking (but when has that ever been a criteria on this show) so I'd say the U.S. girls have the advantage as far as winning on that alone.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2011 @ 4:40 PM

Are they changing the name of the show? It will no longer be America's Next Top Model. I really can't wait to hear more in the press about this. The BNTM girls have already been through the ringer. They know how the system works. They understand what it's like to be filmed 24/7, etc. The new American girls will be at an extreme disadvantage. Who the hell thought that this was a good idea?

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2011 @ 4:57 AM

Who the hell thought that this was a good idea?

Judging from other questionable decisions, I'm gonna go with Tyra. She probably did it as a "groundbreaking" event in the NTM world. You know we're definitely going to hear all about this great idea she had over, and over, and over, and over again.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 11:30 PM

Flawed concept or not, couldn't they have at least given us Australian girls? I could imagine a small crop of entertaining/talented girls who's careers never took off that they could have dumped on Cycle 18. I'd love to see C1 Sam, Louise, Lara, Jordan, Paloma, C7 Simone and Kathryn back for another cycle of entertainment (Simone, Lara, Jordan, Paloma), gorgeousness (Louise) and some of the most stunning portfolios ever (Kathryn, Sam).

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Nov 9, 2011 @ 3:21 PM

Based on tweets from Kelly Cutrone, could the int'l destination be Hong Kong? Of course, it's possible it's a family vacation like she says but you never know:

Close up on St Paul's Cathedral Macau http://lockerz.com/s/154577373
10 hours ago

St Paul's Cathedral Macau http://lockerz.com/s/154577046
10 hours ago

I am here in Hong Kong Baby! RT @MrKyleAlbert: Where is my Cutrone? @peoplesrev
5 Nov via UberSocial for BlackBerry

Edited by milkyaqua, Nov 9, 2011 @ 3:21 PM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:41 PM

C18 filming timeline; courtesy supmod at RTVG

These are the supposed final six: Brits: Sophie, Annaliese & Alisha, Americans: Laura, Erica & Azmarie.

Edited by milkyaqua, Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:41 PM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 8:47 PM

Here are some pics of the girls (British and US); courtesy RTVG:

Alisha, Louise Sophie, Ashley, Annaliese, Catherine, Jasmia; Kyle, Laura, AzMarie, Ebonee, Mariah

Seymone

Candace and some of the girls' twitter accounts

Edited by milkyaqua, Dec 15, 2011 @ 8:48 PM.

Cloclo

Cloclo

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 2:01 AM

From those pics, Sophie and Louise seem to have the best model look IMO.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 9:48 AM

The American girls have to be the most pedestrian looking bunch we've had in a long time.

Weeman18

Weeman18

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:21 PM

Some of the girls... aren't horrible. So assuming the win is going to the U.S... which it probably will, I'm guessing they're aiming for a black girl to win? Considering I think there's a higher percentage of black girls competing this year. Also, the white American girls are busted. I really like Ebonee a lot, Candance and Seymone look pretty as well, but a little alike for my taste. I'm not even commenting on the British girls out of principle. I hate all-star seasons. I hate all-star seasons even more when they blend them in with rookies. It's so incredibly stupid. Plus, the bntm girls they dragged over the pond are... not great. All of them seriously grated on their seasons, so I'm not looking forward to seeing any of them again... Especially Ashley, Alisha, Analiese, and Sophie... aka, most of them.

Also, a side note that I actually feel really badly for bringing up, because she's not ugly per say it's just... am I the only one that's legitimately not convinced that Azmarie was born a biological woman? I'm not trying to be sassy like calling hamsters trannies, I just plain ol' am not convinced that Tyra is trying to pull an Isis 2.0 on us. I mean, she has some seriously manly hands, stomach, and face... In that shirtless picture, if I didn't know that it was being presented to me as a woman, I would have 100% assumed it was a dude. I just think she was born a boy and is trying to serve us fish.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:37 PM

Also, a side note that I actually feel really badly for bringing up, because she's not ugly per say it's just... am I the only one that's legitimately not convinced that Azmarie was born a biological woman? I'm not trying to be sassy like calling hamsters trannies, I just plain ol' am not convinced that Tyra is trying to pull an Isis 2.0 on us. I mean, she has some seriously manly hands, stomach, and face... In that shirtless picture, if I didn't know that it was being presented to me as a woman, I would have 100% assumed it was a dude. I just think she was born a boy and is trying to serve us fish.

Feel better because I was thinking the exact same thing. You literally took the words out of my head! The abs, the shoulders, etc. But she is super fierce.

I actually like the selections this year.

Here in an interview with Azmarie.

Edited by noluvnoluck, Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:42 PM.

1marc987

1marc987

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 17, 2011 @ 2:22 AM

Based on that interview, Im getting maybe a lesbian vibe but not a tranny vibe. She does have very androgynous features, though.

I don't find the American girls pedestrian at all. Infact, I think most of them look significantly better than the British girls.

SashaVanGenius

SashaVanGenius

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 17, 2011 @ 4:26 AM

I think the average appeal of this group is pretty high, but I don't know how many of them I'm really excited by. I wish I didn't hate Sophie on her cycle because the girl takes a good photo.

Also, may I just say that I am loving the unusual names in the American bunch. Though none come close to Spontaneouse.

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2011 @ 3:51 PM

I was looking at the pictures and I forgot that I was looking at ANTM contestants, and started to think Azmarie was a really hot dude! I wanted to find more pictures of him until I realized he had breasts. I like her.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2011 @ 5:04 PM

LOL, that's funny. I actually know Azmarie.

ThighraBanks

ThighraBanks

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 4:04 AM

Did you ask her why she's named Azmarie?

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 4:26 PM

Color me impressed by the crop of American girls they managed to have show up for this trainwreck! Although, the fact that all the photos posted are semi-professional and not the usual over photoshopped, washed out promo photos is probably helping.

Azmarie is absolutely stunning. She is what Nnenna, Naduah and Liz wish they could be. Ebonee is really cute for her niche of modeling, and blows the Saleisha, Atalya, Jessica type out of the water.

Mariah MAY end up being a bit common/pedestrian, but her second two photos are really, really pretty. I don't particularly love the photos of Laura, but I think she could be the type to really know her angles/poses and be able to turn it out, and Kyle Jolie Curry is pretty fierce in that one photo.

The selection of British girls still leaves me nauseous, but what can ya do. Catherine and Louise are stellar models, so if that spoiler above about them being axed before Top 6 is true, I will be disappointed. Alisha is annoying but takes a nice photo from time to time, so I can cope.

Jasmia is inoffensive, but a weak model; Sophie could possibly have learned how to model since the show, but I think her portfolio in C5 was absolutely atrocious, and her inclusion in the top 2 a travesty. I think she generally looks like a creature out of Ice Age. Ashley brings the drama, but has the same bland face in every photo, has a weak body, and is pretty irritating. I also hated Annaliese from a modeling perspective (short, pedestrian, weak photos) and was so damn over the top with everything she ever did that she really grated by the end.

If I had to pick my top 6, it would be Mariah, Azmarie, Kyle, Ebonee, Catherine and Louise.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 6:39 PM

Ebonee is a hottie. Love her. I agree seems like they're looking for an AA girl this time.

Can you ask her why she would sign onto this if her career is seemingly on the rise? Also tell her noluvnoluck is straight and thinks she is super foine!