Talking Dead: Autopsy for a Zombie Show

• Please log in to reply

989 replies to this topic

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

But we CAN discusss it here right? I'm confused since this thread is about what has been seen on THIS show. I understand not talking about it on the main show thread since it wasn't revealed yet.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

From the forum announcement:

Since Michonne has been mentioned on Talking Dead, you can discuss her there to the extent that she's been discussed in the media.

So they just said she's there, formally announced the actress and her name, and said she was on, I think "Tremme" or something, and they were glad to have her. Andrea said she loves her new bff.

ETA: Treme. The actress's name is Danai Gurira. Congrats to her!

Edited by Doom, Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:20 PM.

alynch

alynch

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

ETA: Treme. The actress's name is Danai Gurira. Congrats to her!

Heh, I'm a fan of Treme, and it still took me a while to place her. For those who watch the show, she played Delmond's girlfriend in New York. It wasn't a big a part at all, nothing substantial enough to properly assess her abilities. She did have a significant part in The Visitor, apparently, but I haven't seen it.

CarpeDiem54

CarpeDiem54

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Sounds like Merle's making an appearance next season, too, from what Kirkman said.

Wow, Laurie Holden sure looks a lot better without all the glam makeup. She's waaaay more attractive on TWD. And she needs to lay off the botox and fillers, too.

Disraeli Ears

Disraeli Ears

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

Right, CarpeDiem54 - her face was totally frozen while she was on this show. It was very weird watching her.

Was it my imagination or did even her talking sound funny? Like she couldn't open her mouth properly? Perhaps she got her Botox fix today?

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

Was it my imagination or did even her talking sound funny? Like she couldn't open her mouth properly? Perhaps she got her Botox fix today?

Even back in her "X-Files" days she was kind of a closed mouth talker. I think that's just how she speaks

hjohnson

hjohnson

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:19 AM

Sounds like Merle's making an appearance next season, too, from what Kirkman said.

Didn't he say there's a 33% chance that Merle, Duane, or Morgan will show up? He did a great job at confusing me with his words when he said that but I assumed that one of those characters is going to show up next season but which one is up in the air.

I loved how Fred Armisen sounded so much like a fan and not like an actor, asking what they do for fun on set.

JanGator

JanGator

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

Didn't he say there's a 33% chance that Merle, Duane, or Morgan will show up? He did a great job at confusing me with his words when he said that but I assumed that one of those characters is going to show up next season but which one is up in the air.

He said something like, "There's a 100% chance that 33% of those characters you mentioned will return next season." I'm paraphrasing the second half, but the main idea is there and those numbers are indeed what Kirkman said.

Translation: One of those three characters WILL DEFINITELY be seen next season. The other two might or might not (he didn't completely discount them).

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

He kind of told on himself because if Duane was there, Morgan would be there. If Morgan was there, surely Duane would be there (unless they had him die off because the actor grew too much). So the answer seems to be the Merlester to me.

I'm no botox expert, but I never thought Holden 'toxed it out. But then again I'm not really all up in her grill like that. Are there pictures of her from when she was much younger, to look at her and compare? I thought she did a good job on the show last night. She had little stories and things to share, and I thought she could have gotten better applause.

But I think it was just a dead crowd in general. Host whatshisface was so amped it was great, but the audience didn't even get all that excited when they talked about Michonne. Well maybe they did, and I couldn't hear it over my squeeing.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

Renewed for season two.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Good for Hardwick, is it? He seems to absolutely love doing the show. I bet they'll beef up the set for next year.

Kolaka

Kolaka

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 4:48 AM

First look at Danai Gurira as Michonne

Badass.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

Hi\oly Shiaocit. Sooo excited.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

Muffilator already posted some of the info about Walking Dead weekend in the Ratings thread. Before that, I just happened to look ahead at the TV schedule and see the hour long Talking Dead episode coming this weekend. Yess! Here is the description:

"A preview of Season 3 of "The Walking Dead" includes interviews with cast members and clips".

It's 60 minutes! I hope they reveal when the new season will start!You know Hardwick is just bouncing around with excitement right now.

This is going to be fun:

In the hour-long Talking Dead event, host Chris Hardwick will give fans a first look at The Walking Dead Season 3, including a scene from the new season, and brand new video interviews with the cast, a tour of the new set and a sneak peek at the props and wardrobes featured in Season 3. Hardwick will also sit down with in-studio guests including the show's executive producers and other celebrity fans to discuss the show and answer viewer questions.

Edited by Doom, Jul 4, 2012 @ 11:03 AM.

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Wonder if Alice Cooper will be one of the guests? They were geeked when he called in.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

Looks like on July 5th they released the (almost) full list of guests for tonight's show:

Executive Producers Robert Kirkman, Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd and Dave Alpert as well as comedian Drew Carey and a special surprise guest that will be calling in from Atlanta, GA are now confirmed to appear on the Talking Dead primetime special this Sunday at 9/8c. During the show, you'll also see an actual scene from Season 3 and get a glimpse behind-the-scenes of the production. Just as in past Talking Dead episodes, host Chris Hardwick and his guests will be taking questions LIVE so log on to TalkingDead.com to ask your questions.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

It was neat to hear from Chandler Riggs; how did he get left out of the 'here's the phone number for our other show' loop?

It's kinda cool that the executives are cool to come out and yak a bit; I haven't heard of that happening much until this show started and got popular.

So anxious for October!

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

I hated Riggs calling in. I hate that kid, and I hate that he is going to "be part of the group" this season. I don't actually hate the actor, I can't stand Carl. Riggs said no more of Carl running off though, so maybe I will learn to not hate him.

Overall, the whole hour was Chris Hardwick being really really excited, and the guests offering a bit of commentary. The segments were the best part. Seeing Danai and hearing her voice and seeing her get the cast made reminded me of Thriller. Her scene at the end was kind of weird to get used to, because she's so confident. But she really seems like a great addition.

I was a little upset that they talked to a lot of the cast, but no T-Dog. Come on, where is the T-Dog love!? I saw part of a video of him at a recent con, and he was on a panel with a walker, Sophia, and Dale. And I'm thinking, well that aint good when they put you on a panel with all dead characters. If I win the walk-on role, you'll know me by the green shirt I'll wear to rehearsal with the word "Kudzu" emblazoned on it in white.

And for those that missed it, they announced the return of Merle!

ChipBach

ChipBach

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

And for those that missed it, they announced the return of Merle!

Yeah - Kirkman didn't look too happy when it was out. "Dude - This is live television!" (Or something close to that). It seemed like he wasn't on board when the Merle piece came out.

Pandora3

Pandora3

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

Overall, the whole hour was Chris Hardwick being really really excited, and the guests offering a bit of commentary. The segments were the best part.

It was almost worth sitting through nearly an hour of "please tell me some spoilers.....pretty pleeeeze?" and "I am the biggest fanboy EVER!" It was kind of like a Saturday Night Live skit expanded into a movie. What's merely annoying in a shorter version becomes outright awful through repetition. The tour of the prison was cool. What an amazing job by the set and special effects crew.

I found Drew Carey surprisingly unfunny.

Riggs said no more of Carl running off though, so maybe I will learn to not hate him.

I thought Chandler Riggs said something more like "no more telling Carl to stay in his room." I'm hoping it means Carl has learned some lessons and will be less of the kid who wanders off like he's in a non-zombified suburban shopping mall.

jr13

jr13

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

It was almost worth sitting through nearly an hour of "please tell me some spoilers.....pretty pleeeeze?" and "I am the biggest fanboy EVER!" It was kind of like a Saturday Night Live skit expanded into a movie. What's merely annoying in a shorter version becomes outright awful through repetition.

Seriously, that was painful. Just stop it Chris, they're not going to spill anything.

The tour of the prison was cool. What an amazing job by the set and special effects crew.

I would've loved it if the hour was just stuff like that. You know, the interesting stuff.

jgilkey513

jgilkey513

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

Am I the only one who laughed a little too hard when Hollywood was described as pretty on the outside but disgusting on the inside and Hardwick said "just like a ton-ton"? Maybe it was because I watched Return of the Jedi earlier...

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 3:15 AM

I laughed because it surprised me. I just forget he's almost a Jack-of-All-Nerddom, but it's deep as well. It's almost like breathing.

SO excited for the prison; it looked claustraphobic and nasty! Of course, that could've just been the spitting.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

Looks like tonight's guests are Glen Mazzara and Danai Gurira. I really don't know why Danai is there, she had like 90 seconds of screen time. But I guess she can talk about her character since she's new, and where her character will go. She seems like an awesome person too. But as always, the best part of the show will be Hardwick squeeing.

gingerhorsesnap

gingerhorsesnap

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Overall, the whole hour was Chris Hardwick being really really excited, and the guests offering a bit of commentary. The segments were the best part.

ha! I think that's how it usually goes. Joining in on the prison tour love, that was very cool.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Well they certainly ramped up the audience applause didn't they? Hardwick was fanboy #1 as usual, and it always seems to work because it is genuine. I was surprised at how buff the actor that played Tomas was. He didn't look that muscular when he was in the prison next to Andrew Lincoln.

And when they had Andrew talk, even though I knew what was coming it was just so disconcerting. He talked about having to redo the Hershel-calf-chopping scene because it was too bloody the first time. But he said it was so realistic that he was kind of traumatized. Yeah! Join the club, buddy! I tuned in for "Sick" and caught the end of "Seed" and was re-traumatized.

And then on top of that, they showed Tiny's post-Tomas corpse, and it was absolutely disgusting. This show is really pushing the boundaries of what gore you can show on a television show, I'd think. Maybe it isn't, I don't know, but it certainly is for me.

Has T-Dog ever been on this show? I don't think he has, and I would much rather see him than Tomas. But Tomas is dead and Theodore is still rollin, so there's that.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 7:17 AM

And then on top of that, they showed Tiny's post-Tomas corpse, and it was absolutely disgusting. This show is really pushing the boundaries of what gore you can show on a television show, I'd think. Maybe it isn't, I don't know, but it certainly is for me.

What's more, the 'buzz' caption said that the actor who played Big Tiny asked if he could take the model home to keep at his house!

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

I was totally distracted by Tomas' shiny, shiny hair.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

What's more, the 'buzz' caption said that the actor who played Big Tiny asked if he could take the model home to keep at his house!

I would do that too. I mean who wouldn't want a model of their smashed up head!

I just had a chance to watch this show and I gotta say I love Wil Wheaton and the way he's embraced his Star Trek legacy.

And when they had Andrew talk, even though I knew what was coming it was just so disconcerting.

I know, right? His voice doesn't even sound the same.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 28, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

Guests tonight are Walking Dead executive producer David Alpert, and the "nasa mohawk guy" Bobak Ferdowsi.