Trainer Dolvett Quince: "It Hurts To Be Pretty."

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

41 replies to this topic

sienna gold

sienna gold

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 3:18 PM

It is a darn shame that Dolvett doesn't have his own thread. And now he does.

This man is incredibly pretty. But I think what really makes him amazing is the fact that he's not "Biggest Loser-fied" I've yet to hear him swear, I've yet to see him climb on top of anyone [though, I wouldn't mind that], he's not over the top screaming for no reason, and he's just...

He's Season 1 Bob. But more Awesome.

And his smile?
I've yet to hear his Atlantan Southern Accent

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 8:57 PM

I hope they don't ditch him if your highness Miss Jillian decides she wants her job back.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 9:19 PM

On Facebook, someone asked him why he says not to hold on to the treadmill, and he replied "cause it's MY treadmill."
What's not to love?
And thanks for starting this, and the title, SiennaGold.

redwine

redwine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 11:33 AM

I think he is a great addition to the show. Seems to be a very competent and a genuine trainer who has true passion for the job. And he is most certainly yummy yummy eye candy. Wow. I think he'll do great.

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 11:57 AM

I'd hang out with the guy, and pay for him to train me. And I'm hetero. A good-looking guy is a good-looking guy.

I think he brings a nice presence to the show and a decent sense of humor.

binturite

binturite

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 6:32 PM

Nice little interview with him.

Raguel

Raguel

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 9:00 AM

Mmm... What a smile.

Thorunn

Thorunn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 8:42 PM

I think he is truly the best trainer I've seen on any weightloss show (and I've seen many).
He knows when to be hard and when to dial it in and he seems to use good methods to get through to his team.

On top of that, I could just sit and watch him aaaall day, please just cut out the blue and black team and let's focus on Dolvett!

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 8:48 PM

If he jumps on someones back though, I'm done with him. Thats a stupid move by a stupid trainer.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 5:28 AM

The more I see him, the more I love him. He's a fantastic addition! I only hope he stays this great.

JLVerde

JLVerde

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 8:00 AM

If he jumps on someones back though, I'm done with him

I don't know if that would make me DONE with him (I'd still ogle him) but I'd definitely think poorly of him. The only thing that could make me abandon Dolvett would be if (please, not "when". . .don't do it D.) he started shilling a weight loss pill a la JM and Harper. That just rubs me the wrong way.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 9:13 AM

I would definitely love to have Dolvett as my trainer and would choose him over Bob or Jillian in a heartbeat. And watching him smile would certainly take my mind off of whatever physical pain I might be experiencing from exercising hard.

divingin

divingin

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 6:17 PM

I think Dolvett is a great addition to the show - out of all the trainers BL has had on, he just seems the most natural and genuine on camera. Even Bob and Jillian seem nervous and trip over their words when they speak up at weigh-ins and such, especially Bob, who has an annoying habit of overusing "like", even when talking one-on-one.

I used to be a Jillian Michaels fan until a recent podcast of hers in which she said some pretty offensive things about people with disabilities. She upset me again when at the beginning of her latest podcast, she was discussing how Bob has been winning all the weigh-ins and said, "This Dolvett guy, he's an actor, he's not going to be able to train like Bob is able to train - he's not a actual trainer. You know how in LA, you're really an actor, but you train on the side? This guy was in a Tyler Perry movie."

I was so surprised to hear her say that. Googling Dolvett's bio, however, it seems like he's a trainer first (albeit a celebrity trainer) - he only found and got into some acting through his celebrity/Atlanta connections. I mean, he owns a studio, created a DVD, and from what I've read, he's trained everyone from the super morbidly obese to Justin Beiber to 70 year olds. He doesn't strike me as an actor/trainer, not to mention that I don't think he was based in LA before coming out for Biggest Loser.

One important point I think is being overlooked is that Bob and Jillian have experience with helping people lose large amounts of weight extremely quickly within the context of the Biggest Loser - the show is such a unique set of circumstances and Bob is the only one experienced at working within those parameters to produce consistently big numbers for a short duration. Dolvett seems to have experience with helping people lose large amounts of weight, but not in such a short timeframe and in such a consistent way. It's something he will have to learn, but it doesn't mean that he's not qualified. Given winners like Eric and Ryan and all the other people Bob and Jillian have trained on the show who have gained back massive amounts of weight, they should realize that what's important is sustained, long-term weight loss, and Dolvett seems to be qualified and experienced in that area as anyone else.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 10:15 PM

Well what a condescending thing to say. I guess it's jealousy because Dolvett's caught on well with the viewers, (or so it seems to me), and her buddy Bob is feeling threatened.
She had her years with BL, and left of her own free will, so it seems petty of her to badmouth the replacements. It isn't as though she was fired to bring in new people.

Ms Chicklet

Ms Chicklet

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2011 @ 7:52 AM

Stay klassy, Jillian.

Wonder if she's threatened that Dolvett's already impressing people? Especially because we're impressed that he doesn't use cheap stunts for the camera or bullying as part of his training technique. And I bet he'd also know how to properly do an exercise *cough* kettlebells *cough* before having one of the contestants do it.

aussieb

aussieb

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 15, 2011 @ 7:58 AM

Dolvett reminds me so much of Denzal Washington when he is training. It is the sound and tone of his voice - he comes off as very reassuring and in control - even when he gets mad at them it isn't in a you are making me crazy way. Just forceful and strong - I would let him train me any day. I'm liking all 3 trainers this year but Dolvett is totally in the swoon worthy category.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2011 @ 10:29 AM

[Jillian] upset me again when at the beginning of her latest podcast, she was discussing how Bob has been winning all the weigh-ins and said, "This Dolvett guy, he's an actor, he's not going to be able to train like Bob is able to train - he's not a actual trainer. You know how in LA, you're really an actor, but you train on the side? This guy was in a Tyler Perry movie."

How petty. You know, I wonder if her attitude is at least partly because she was such a "Brett" booster. As I recall, she'd brought him to the producers' attention* after having taken capoeira classes of his in NYC. She might be a bit bitter about his not being brought back this season. It seems to me that Dolvett is much more well-rounded as a trainer, whereas Brett and Cara were all boxing, all the time.

*I could be misremembering this--and maybe the producers discovered him independently, but she just happened to have taken his classes. Either way, she did talk him up quite a bit early last season.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2011 @ 11:06 AM

I'd forgotten that she'd found Brett.
I spent most of last season complaining about the unfair way in which Cara and Brett were treated, and still believe that. BUT--I can't help but see that Dolvett is a much better fit for this show.

Is it that a lot of big bucks depend on DVD sales, and Dolvett is a threat to B&J's hold on that market?
In fairness, I don't see pettiness toward the new trainers from Bob.

Edited by lu1wml, Oct 15, 2011 @ 11:08 AM.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2011 @ 9:28 PM

Is it that a lot of big bucks depend on DVD sales, and Dolvett is a threat to B&J's hold on that market?

I doubt it as there are other bald headed black guys doing workout videos.

divingin

divingin

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 5:21 PM

I doubt it as there are other bald headed black guys doing workout videos.

Right, but none of them have the platform that Biggest Loser gives a trainer. Bob and Jillian owe everything to The Biggest Loser; they would be nothing without that show. A well-liked trainer on Biggest Loser can go far, and because Dolvett is already so popular, he has great potential. Jillian is doing so well - making millions from videos, supplements, books, her pay website, endorsement deals for coconut milk, etc. She's well-loved by her fans, so it really stumps me as to why she had to make herself feel better by bad-mouthing Dolvett. When she and Bob first started out with Biggest Loser, they were both LA-based trainers who had never worked with the morbidly obese, and it took them awhile to perfect their system of getting people to drop huge numbers on an even basis, and so naturally it's going to take Dolvett (who HAS worked with morbidly obese people) time to learn how to work the Biggest Loser system. The numbers that Jillian got in Season 1 are half of what she got in Season 11. She bad-mouthed Anna in the same podcast, but Anna's training experience really is limited, I think, whereas Dolvett's is not. However, Anna is working with older people who usually lose weight slower. Weight loss has so much to do with physiology and metabolism and the individual's work put in - it's not 100% based on the trainer, at least not the small margins we've seen Dolvett lose by.

I've listened to Jillian's radio show/podcast for years, and she never badmouthed Brett or Cara - and while Brett/Cara beat Bob/Jill at the first weigh-in and in a couple of other instances, they were pretty much disliked by viewers. I can't see a book written by one of them doing well, but I think that people would buy stuff created/endorsed by Dolvett already, after just three episodes.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 8:21 PM

Billy Banks was all over the airwaves when he came out.

I've listened to Jillian's radio show/podcast for years, and she never badmouthed Brett or Cara - and while Brett/Cara beat Bob/Jill at the first weigh-in and in a couple of other instances, they were pretty much disliked by viewers. I can't see a book written by one of them doing well, but I think that people would buy stuff created/endorsed by Dolvett already, after just three episodes.

TPTB didn't give them a chance and neither did Jillian as she had to be the "STAR" of the show. Besides, I doubt Jillian wrote any books. Odds are they were done by ghost writers. She probably couldn't put 3 words together.

Meushell

Meushell

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 6:04 PM

This last episode was the first I saw of this season. Is it wrong that I basically took one look at Dolvett and instantly approved?

JLVerde

JLVerde

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2011 @ 7:04 AM

After watching Dolvett cook (despite how nasty that Jennie O crap is), it's official.

He is perfect.

(and nearing Sainthood as he puts up with Bonnie's b.s.)

crogos

crogos

Video Archivist

• Interests:Besides reading anything I can get my hands on, I enjoy watching House, Supernatural, The Office, My Boys, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol and The Amazing Race.<br /><br />I also play tennis and follow the EPL, the San Antonio Spurs and the Toronto Raptors.

Posted Nov 2, 2011 @ 7:26 PM

I adore Dolvett. He was so wonderful this past episode! I was bummed his team lost another weigh-in. It was tough, everyone put up good numbers. I really loved seeing him with Bonnie. She's been having such a miserable time with Anna, which sucks. It wasn't a good fit for either of them. It was so nice to see how well he worked with her and how well she responded.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 9:00 AM

Dolvett has a live chat scheduled for tonight.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 5:35 PM

Dolvett and Anna were my favourite trainers on this show, so this season has that on their side.

I love it that the players in their teams like them for their qualities and know their downsides are like... eh, whatever, take the good with the bad.

Bob is the worst trainer in this show. Jillian, in retrospect was a close second. So it sucks that Bob's doing better than they are. Or maybe not. Maybe it's being manipulated to be that way. At this point, this show is so messed up I'm all in for the conspiracies.

rhonde

rhonde

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 11:48 AM

[Jillian] upset me again when at the beginning of her latest podcast, she was discussing how Bob has been winning all the weigh-ins and said, "This Dolvett guy, he's an actor, he's not going to be able to train like Bob is able to train - he's not a actual trainer. You know how in LA, you're really an actor, but you train on the side? This guy was in a Tyler Perry movie."

He seems so contrived and fake. If he stays on TBL, they will lose me as a viewer.

auntiemel

auntiemel

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 3:21 PM

I really loved seeing him with Bonnie. She's been having such a miserable time with Anna, which sucks. It wasn't a good fit for either of them. It was so nice to see how well he worked with her and how well she responded.

Dolvett has one very important tool that Bonnie responds to, which Anna will simply never possess. And I *DO* mean tool! :D

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 9:14 AM

He lost me this past week slamming the medicine ball on the one guy's stomach. I would've been up on my feet, cussing, and storming out of the damn gym the second or third time he did that. How is this a valid training technique?

And then the whole scrapbook thing? It seemed very contrived. And more than slightly creepy.

Celina

Celina

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 4:16 PM

The only drawback for me on Dolvett is he looks really short. The funny thing is, I never noticed this until last week! Too busy drooling over his gorgeous face and body. I hope this show doesn't force him to be icky.