Romero "Romeo" Parada: No One Is to Interfere with Our New Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5 replies to this topic

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 7:32 PM

I'm a little confused as to what role he plays in the Cartel.

Is the the head of the whole shebang, just the head of a region, or is he a low-level guy?

Also, he rode in with Alvarez. Is he affiliated with the Mayans somehow, or is it a case where he already knew Alvarez and the introductions needed to be made?

Edited by Raider Duck, Sep 29, 2011 @ 7:33 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

Iíve been picturing him as leader of a region. Heís important enough that heís at the top of the pyramid on Potterís office wall, and heís handling millions of dollars worth of cash and product, so he must be fairly well trusted. It would be interesting if we could find out more.

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 12:26 AM

And he's CIA. Who knew? Although this does explain why he was so eager to "finish the hit" on Tara; they wanted to pump her for info and offer her witness protection. In a way, she'd have been better off if they had kidnapped her.

This also explains why his outfit was always so well-funded and well-organized; he can always pull some money from Uncle Sam's checking account; our tax dollars at work.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 5:46 AM

I loved the look on his face when he told Jax, "We have to talk." It will be interesting to take another look at his actions and conversations with the knowledge that he is working for the feds. I didnít suspect that both he and his number two (Luis?) were working for them, for one thing.

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 10:01 AM

I didnít suspect that both he and his number two (Luis?) were working for them, for one thing.

That has as much to do with the actor as anything. We're so used to seeing Danny Trejo play various thugs and lowlifes (and play them well) that his being a cop would never occur to most of us.

And that, my friends, is some awesome typecasting. Well done, Mr. Sutter.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 2:48 AM

Youíre right. I think that was part of it. I said in some other thread that I loved the look on Jaxís face when Romeo and Luis pulled out the badges, but I also loved the change in Romeoís demeanor. It was as if he shed a skin.