Madame Kovarian: Beware The Eye Patch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

29 replies to this topic

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 8:51 AM

She's been a lot of episodes for an antagonist (well by the new series standards) and she's effected our four main players, so that surely merits a thread for her, right?

I'm hoping we find out what her real problem with the Doctor is exactly that she went to the lengths she did to have him killed.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 12:25 PM

I don't really care what her problem is because there is no way it could ever be bad enough to warrant what she's done to the Ponds. I absolutely hate her and I don't think I can say that about any other character in Doctor Who.

That said, I would at least like to know what she's so psychotic. I mean, even if she's going to use River as a tool and force her to kill the Doctor does she have to be so nasty about it?

call me ishmael

call me ishmael

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 8:32 PM

I tend to agree. She makes Davros seem almost kind. Unless the Doctor destroyed her world (and even then) there is little reason for her to take such great pleasure in torturing the Ponds.

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 7:54 AM

What if it isn't something the Doctor did... directly at least. Maybe it was a companion (say Amy in one of her annoying tantrums.) Kovarian flips out... blames the Doctor and settles for torturing the Ponds to hurt him.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 10:32 AM

That would make it even worse since she's scape-goating. I hope we see her again, despite my visceral hatred of her and annoyance whenever she's on the screen, because I want answers.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 6:54 AM

She's not technically dead. Amy killed her in an aborted timeline, so both her and the Silence are still out there, which means it's likely we will see her again.

xtreme

xtreme

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 7:57 AM

That's the thing though Sarah1281. We hate her for her actions, but we love her on screen... She's like the evil love child of The Master and The Rani.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Nov 18, 2011 @ 7:26 AM

Frances Barber has done the commentary for The Wedding Of River Song along with Steven Moffat. Bought Series 6 on DVD today, so I will get around to listening to that one.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Nov 18, 2011 @ 1:08 PM

That's the thing though Sarah1281. We hate her for her actions, but we love her on screen...

I hate her for her actions AND hate her on-screen because she just really annoys me. It's just that I think it would be worse if we never saw what her problem is...not like whatever it is can possibly justify what she's done.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

OK she hates the doctor and wanted him dead. Why exactly couldn't she just kill him herself ?. Save the touble of stealing and training a "weapon" . Did anyone ever see it written in stone "a time lord can only be killed by another time lord"?. She could easily have puckered up for a" judas kiss" or just spiked his food / drink with the poison. Also what was with the creepy space suit?. It was automatic . Instead of shoving River / Melody into why not wear it herself. Jst as easy use a remote control to point shoot job done.
Imagine her face when she realises she has been dancing on the doctors grave a little prematurely. Hope she is brought to justice in S7. Eithr by dying a true permanent death or at least goign to prison for the rest of her life.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

I don't know if she's back for Series 7. I hope she is but at the same time, I'm not sure if I want Madame Kovarian or the Silence to be dominant as they were in Series 6, plot wise but another appearance and some flipping backstory into her issues with the Doctor would be nice.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

Thinking back to her "death" in 6.13 TWORS She is a coward and hypocrite.
She refers to the Doctor who she wants dead as a "good" man. Then after everything she did she still expects him and Amy to save her. She sold her soul to the silence for nothing. "Don't be stupid you need me !". She should have known if her "mission" to kill him failed her bosses would not be happy.

Amy shouldn't have felt so guilty about taking revenge leaving her to die. She had a right to be angry and upset over losing her child and knowing the silence tortured her daughter allmost to the point of insanity.

Maybe River knows something we don't . Maybe there will be a day when Kavarian does have to answer for her crimes.
Charge sheet should earn her a lot of jail time. Kidnap and faulse imprisonment of Amy Pond , Abduction and assault of Meldoy Pond and my personal favourite conspiracy to commit murder. Hope she has a good lawyer.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

Kovarian doesn't need a lawyer, just the Silence to take care of her if ever the Judoon or Shadow Proclamation get their mitts on her.

Edited by darkestboy, May 6, 2012 @ 8:22 AM.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:55 AM

I'm just wondering when we will hear or see more from either Kavarian herself or the silence in general.
You'd think once they realise the doctor is still alive and kicking they will spring in to action for another go.
Maybe in the second half of S7 durring the 50th anniversary.

Maybe this will build up into another battle like at demons run. His new freind won't know what happened the first time he faced them.She will probably say something like "Ok what did you do to upset this lot ?".
Doctor "Well I didn't die when they wanted me too ".

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:35 AM

Maybe but with Amy/Rory leaving, I'm not sure if Kovarian is a huge priority to bring back, though I wouldn't mind knowing more about her.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

It ust be good to see the doctor confront Kavarian and the silence. They hurt and killed a lot of people to get to him. Anyone who thinks it's ok to abduct pregnant women and torture an innocent girl/woman is pretty low in my book.

We also need more detail about what is so bad about his future. Why tehy wanted him dead so he wouldn't reach a field and answer the dreaded question that has been hidden in plain sight. The oldest question in the universe...

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

These are all things we're likely to find out during Series 7 and the 50th anyways. I'm sure we will be seeing both Kovarian and the Silence, just not for a while though.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

Hope one day Doctor will be able to confront and defeat the silence including Kavarian. Can't imagine her ever apologising or asking for mercy from him.Just a shame the family she ripped apart won't be there to see her brought to justice.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:00 AM

I just read an interview with Frances Barber (anyone following her on Twitter - she's bloody hilarious) and she has expressed a willingness to return as Kovarian if Moffat wanted to use her character. On the DVD commentary for The Wedding Of River Song, she made it pretty clear that she was a massive fan of the show before being asked to do it and she's super complimentary to everyone working on it. I remember back in January she was praising Matt and Karen when they won their NTAs.

I know it's unlikely to happen but I wouldn't mind Kovarian teaming up with either the Master or Davros. There's certainly plenty of life in the character yet.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

Can imagine a scenario where we do see her return in the second half of S7.
Imagine her face when she finds out the doctor is still alive it will be priceless.
Guess she is not going to get promoted or given a bonus anytime soon.
Amy didn't really kill her in TWORS. She just left her too suffer what she had had coming for a long time.
Kavarians bosses destroyed her because she failed them.

Basic mistakes 1 thinking she is smarter then the doctor.
2 She didn't insist on examining and disposing off the body herself.
They say if you want a job done do it yourself.
Doctor will not let her get away with hurting anymore innocent people the way she hurt the Ponds.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 9:30 AM

I don't think the Silence are the promoting kind.

I'd love see Kovarian team up with the Master and/or Davros. Now that would be a pairing.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

6.12 CT she goes to collect her "weapon" to use against the doctor. Cullmination of years work which began on Demons Run. She did have a seriously messed up "relationship" with Melody/River. She watched her being born and in a weird disturbed way acted like a "mother" to her . She started to sing that creppy song. It must have been part of the brainwashing techniques they used when she was little. Sort of like hypnosis. Way she says "We've been too carefull with your dear little head" allmost sounds affectionate. Also described the silence as Melodys "owners". Saying "You never really escaped us".So she let her run die and regenerate and even get back to Ledworth and her biological parents Amy and Rory.After all that wonder if she has spies watching River in prison that's what I would have done if I was her. Unless she has been moved on to other "projects".

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

I dread to think what other projects Kovarian could be moved onto. Maybe she's an intergalactic tax inspector. Now that would be a scary prospect.

DreadPirate

DreadPirate

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 6:51 AM

I'd wondered if Mme Kovarian could have been the abandoned future!Amy from "The Girl Who Waited", made more bitter and twisted by the passage of time, and escaping somehow to the normal world.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

Somehow I doubt it. Interesting theory but I don't think Kovarian is anyone we know, especially not Amy.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

So...is that it with her? Now that the Ponds are gone is she coming back? Did she just win? It was nice seeing her brought down in "The Wedding of River Song" but that never actually happened. I can't believe she just got away with it all. Even if the Silence were punished by being wiped out (though evidently not all of them if they survived into the future to kidnap Melody), she wasn't one of them.

call me ishmael

call me ishmael

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Well she didn't win because she didn't actually kill the Doctor right? She may think she won although when the get to the Fields she will have a bit of a shock.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

They'll probably bring her back at some point but I'm guessing right now, she's not top priority if that makes sense.

Ddykeman

Ddykeman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

She's just one of the loose ends from last season that I'm waiting (probably fruitlessly) to be wrapped up.
Moffat's show is reminding me of LOST. Great premises, lots of intriguing possibilities, but not quite enough payoff, going for sentimentality over logic in the end. That's fine for some people, but I really like the mysteries explained eventually.

Edited by Ddykeman, Oct 9, 2012 @ 8:52 PM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

Maybe we'll see Madame Kovarian back at some point in 2013.

If the Silence return, I can see her appearing with them again.