Craig Owens: Partner? Companion? Not-Mum?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

11 replies to this topic

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

• Interests:I'm an easy going person and likes to hang out. I like to observe and learn things, and my passions are movies, TV and travelling. I could say that I believe in the soul, high fiber, good Martini, that the books of Chicken Soup of the Soul are self-indulgent crap. I believe in sweet spot, soft-core romantic drama, good food, and I believe in long-slow-deep-soft-wet kisses that last more than three days. I have a computer, a TV, a DVD player, a bathroom & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the house? Of course, unless you have a damn good reason to drag me out; like hell with fluorescent lighting. In other word: Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 1:07 AM

The Doctor wraps his arms around Craig's shoulders while surreptitiously sonicking their environs. "Are you going to kiss me?" Craig asks a bit weakly. "Would you like that?" the Doctor asks in his best attempt at being seductive. He puckers his lips like a fish and makes "mm-mm!" sounds. He appears to be as awkward kissing boys as he is girls. Finally, Craig protests: "Doctor, I can't! I'm taken!" Otherwise, he seems kind of game.

Well, to be honest... everyone wants to kiss The Doctor, Craig. Not just you. And how CUTE his baby! I just hope Stormageddon won't be the future destroyer of the world, because poor Craig.

I just loved how he said this about The Doctor: "He needs someone. He always needs someone, he just can't admit it."

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 8:45 AM

I'll go with Partner. Sounds nicer.

Glad someone set up a thread for Craig. Much deserved.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 12:27 PM

I love Craig and I'm glad that he was wrong about the Doctor coming back to visit him even though I'm sure at the time the Doctor had no such plans. And the Doctor actually coming to visit shows more consideration than he's shown to virtually all of his companions. I guess it's because they only spent a few days together and it wasn't his fault that the spaceship was there and the Doctor got Craig and Sophie together so that's one of his few unqualified successes. Craig's life is infinitely better and not even a little worse for their association even now after their second visit.

Sweeney555

Sweeney555

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 6:52 PM

the Doctor got Craig and Sophie together so that's one of his few unqualified successes.

And if he hadn't done that, the completely adorable Stormageddon, aka Alfie, wouldn't exist.

I like partner too, better than companion.

Well, to be honest... everyone wants to kiss The Doctor, Craig. Not just you.

Yeah, my name's on that list too ;)

Pharangese

Pharangese

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 5:48 PM

I'll go with The Sofa Man. It's funnier.

bunny with an axe

bunny with an axe

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 3:43 PM

It really alarmed me how on board I was with the idea of the Doctor kissing Craig. I was kind of disappointed that he didn't follow through.

Edited by bunny with an axe, Oct 2, 2011 @ 6:38 PM.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 2:51 PM

I'm glad he came back, and hopefully we'll see him again in the future. Or the past. You never know with this show.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Dec 24, 2011 @ 8:15 AM

Has anyone seen his little scene Up All Night on the Series 6 DVD? Worth checking out.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

I liked both episodes had some good comedy and "bromance" moments between Craig and the doctor.
Plus how cute was baby Alfie aka Stormaggedon ?. Wonder if the doctor looked him up out of curiosity. Bet he would grow up to be someone important. Make his dad and mum Sophie really proud. Good place to leave all 3 together a normal happy family.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

I just realised in a lot of ways, Craig is actually a male version of Donna and I don't mean that in a dismissive manner but the way he interacts with Eleven is kind of similar to how Donna interacted a bit with Ten. I loved that dynamic in both The Lodger and Closing Time. I'm not sure if the character should return for a third run but if he did I hope he gets a TARDIS trip and a brief exchange with the companion as well.

Edsel Love

Edsel Love

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

Congratulations to James Cordon for his Tony Award win: Best Actor, Leading Role in a Play!

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

Read about James winning a Tony and fiar play to him. I've been enjoying his episodes again and while I love them both, I think Closing Time (for me) edges The Lodger out a little bit.