Big Break Ireland: Going for the Green!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7 replies to this topic

GoMocs

GoMocs

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2011 @ 10:07 AM

Episode one has aired. The villian has been chosen and he loves the role. The pretty boy model. The women golfers are down to five. Who do you like to win it all?

TGC-64

TGC-64

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 8:11 PM

Even the girls in BB:Ireland are intimidated since he's better-looking than they are. I have my own fictional bio for Bennett...and his membership at Lake Nona.

Edited by TGC-64, Oct 7, 2011 @ 9:32 AM.

TGC-64

TGC-64

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 8:23 PM

Drat. Bennett is out due to appendicitis surgery and the recovery from. ...Nasty.

Otherwise, the women are unappealing both personality-wise and their back-stories not compelling.
The men are just !!bleah!!....who cares?

I feel no motivation to watch, nor anyone I feel like rooting-for. Mark Murphy and Bennet Maki seem the only "serious golfers" in the group, the rest on both teams come-across as poseurs and shallow, self-absorbed wannabees.

BB:Indian Wells had some compelling back-stories and personalities, this challenge.....ehhh!

Edited by TGC-64, Oct 11, 2011 @ 8:36 PM.

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 7:55 PM

It seems like the contestants are a lot bitchier with each other, and a lot earlier on, than in prior seasons. It's almost as if they cast for the tension as opposed to interesting individuals.

GoMocs

GoMocs

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 8:10 AM

I don't think the male model should have been able to sit out any challenges. You play or you go.

TGC-64

TGC-64

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 11:47 AM

Bennett Maki's out for the whole BB:Ireland competition as I understand and off the show. I suspect it'll be a few months before he can play golf again...no-less competition-level golf. It's typically a couple of days in the hospital and 4-6 weeks recovery just for normal activities from the surgery, even without complications.

At BB:Indian Wells, they had competitors you wanted to root-for. This season it's the opposite, it's which bitchy player is booted-off next?

Edited by TGC-64, Oct 15, 2011 @ 10:24 AM.

TGC-64

TGC-64

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 3:31 PM

The eliminated Players including Bennett on a fly-fishing trip at the K-Club. Good to see him out of the hospital, though he seemed subdued and a bit wane and pale.

http://www.golfchann...fishing-102511/

Quilt Fairy

Quilt Fairy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:28 PM

I only started watching BB about 5 or 6 seasons ago, PEI was my first season. When I saw the first promos for this season I thought "Ooh, Ireland, that should be fun!" Instead, this was without doubt the worse season I've seen so far. Totally uninspiring golf and golfers, with the one exception of Matt from South Africa who went out way too early. This time the team structure (which I think they've had before) really brought out everyone's inner bitch, it made it very unpleasant to watch.

The Irish Tourist Board probably wasn't too pleased, either. Have you ever seen such a cold, wet, windy place? Yeah, I really want to go there. And from the show's perspective: Hey, no girls in short skirts!

As for the finale, I thought Mark and Julien were OK golfers, probably first or second on each of their teams. I was OK with either of them winning. But they should have worn bathing suits they were in the water so much. Potential PGA tour players? I don't think so.

Last season on Indian Wells I despised the money format - until the finale. Then all of a sudden strategy came into play and the tide could turn very quickly for or against you. I much preferred it to the match play they had last night. And David was an absolutely inspiring winner (and cute as a button!).

Anyone know where next season is going to be held? I don't watch a lot of GC - well, I don't golf - so I'm pretty sure they were advertising the Ireland season by the Indian Wells finale. But not this time, obviously.

Edited by Quilt Fairy, Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:30 PM.