Meet Market: The Cook County Bar Association Ball

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

41 replies to this topic

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 3:18 PM

I too think CozyKat's solution is a very good one, most especially because:

And I think Alicia deserves to keep her existing thread primarily about her, aside from just her love interests.

Alicia has other non-romantic relationships, Alicia has changed over the seasons.

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 5:41 PM

If there are to be separate relationship threads, I propose for Alicia & Will using "Don't Move" somewhere in the title.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

HelenBack - Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the original thread title for Dear Show Runners....

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 1:06 PM

You're welcome, name, I thought it was great! As said, nothing wrong with the new one, but I wanted to give you some credit for your creativity and humor. Take it easy!

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

From the Penalty Box thread.

This all leads me to wonder: I read the number of words in the episode titles matches the season number. So, last season: Ham Sandwich; this season: Another Ham Sandwich. Next season, perhaps: Yet Another Ham Sandwich? Could be a running theme; wonder how they'd add to in seasons 5, 6, 7...?

Jace Lacob (televisionary) told me in a tweet that Robert King said that if the show goes to seven seasons, they'll use Shakespearean quotations as titles, but that he thought he was probably kidding. If he was serious, anything from HAMlet would do!

Possibilities, Penben and Crashdown
I think this would make for a great thread game, I'd be bad at it, but I think it could be funny to read..... just sayin'

Sydneyside

Sydneyside

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2012 @ 1:52 AM

Would anyone else discuss in a DVD thread? I just got season 3 in the mail and the deleted scenes that I've seen so far are subtly interesting in that they are not so much 'deleted' as shorter or differently edited. Season 2 had some interesting ones too, "Nine Hours" had a different start to the conversation between Alicia and Kalinda on the bed. And "Net Worth" must have had a huge rewrite or run massively overtime because there was an entire political subplot cut out with all three State's Attorney candidates and their advisers. Those scenes were also mind-bogglingly HoYay between Wendy Scott-Carr and Judge Adler - I kid not.

Deleted scenes fall into a weird neverland between canon and non-canon so trying to talk about them in the episode threads or the past seasons thread seems odd to me.

No idea for a thread title, pithiness is not my métier.

Fran2

Fran2

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 6:40 AM

I'd definitely be interested in such a thread on the road not taken, but have only just got my DVDs, too, so it will take a while to get up to speed. Every time I plan on settling down and doing some serious binging, a work assignment seems to float into my in-box. How can they?

Sydneyside

Sydneyside

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 7:34 AM

Well, I did mean to use the S3 DVDs to take up September, but MrsSydneyside was into a mainlining rewatch and we're charging through. For anyone else who is totally obsessive about the show S3 deleted scenes are completely fascinating, more so than S1&2 so I recommend getting them. Nearly all the scenes are not deleted, but shortened and generally the effect of what ended up on screen was to make them more subtle. For instance the Kalinda / Will bar scene "You need a friend" in 3.01 is just kicked-puppy level sad for Kalinda in its full version.

It becomes obvious watching them that the restraint of S3 was incredibly conscious.

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

Any interesting Kalicia scenes? My DVDs won't arrive until Tuesday.

Sydneyside

Sydneyside

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

Nope, Kalicia all made the cut ;-) very little Kalinda either come to that. Good one liner though...

So title people? I imagine deleted scenes will be the major topic of discussion.

DVDs: The Road Not Taken

DVDs: Bee Stings in a Chicago Winter

DVDs: Everything you want to be canon is canon

Someone else go please...

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

Happy premiere day, everyone. It's been a long five months!

Sydneyside

Sydneyside

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

Hasn't it just? I want the RAM my brain has been using for speculation back! The hard drive is still probably rooted...