Meet Market: The Cook County Bar Association Ball

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

41 replies to this topic

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

Maraleia - Glad we could come to an agreement on the Kalinda thread!

maraleia

maraleia

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 9:05 PM

name234- Me too. Nice to meet you. I live in Chicago where do you live?

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2011 @ 10:33 AM

Maraleia - the outerlimits of the Chicago area. But I lived in the city for about 12 years, and I miss it. I wish the show conjured Chicago for me a bit more, even ER managed it without filming everything in the city- but that isn't why I tune in.

I didn't rewatch Season 2. Can someone explain to me how Eli ended up working for LG and Peter at the same time, and no one is worried about a conflict of interest?

MochaMajesty - Campaign Managers often enough wait out the time between election seasons by working within a firm.Its not a conflict of interest because Peter's campaign is over, and LG isn't external Counsel for the SA's office.

Edited by name234, Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:24 PM.

mochamajesty

mochamajesty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2011 @ 10:43 AM

MochaMajesty - Campaign Managers often enough wait out the time between election seasons by working within a firm.Its not a conflict of interest because Peter's campaign is over, and LG isn't external Counsel for the SA's office.

Thanks, name234

maraleia

maraleia

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2011 @ 11:18 AM

name234- We should get together sometime. I'll send you my e-mail address. Check your PM's.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2011 @ 3:36 PM

Hi, All.

I lived in Chicago for a few years in the early 1980s, when Harold Washington was mayor and the judges were all considered so obviously corrupt that there was actually a ballot measure to fire them all en masse. I don't get Chicago flashbacks from the show at all, though, other than the running joke about the judges all being nuts and the "Mrs O'Leary's cow" allusion in that play they did at the dinner where Peter didn't listen to Alicia's messages.

I live in Massachusetts now.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 12:32 AM

Confession: I sort of want it to be a dual thread just so we can name it The Florrick Kids: They just really love black people. Because that was the best Grace line ever.

This has my vote, what say you all?

Rockville

Rockville

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 12:14 PM

Sandman: I humbly suggest that if you care to start a thread about Peter, you call it "Peter Florrick: The former Mr. Big House Arrest."

maraleia

maraleia

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 12:16 PM

I like both suggestions: the Florrick kids and Peter. Have at it people.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 12:26 PM

Word - We've been debating whether or not to post spoilers in the media thread with bars, or start a separate spoiler thread. The main thing is that discussion of spoilers can make it hard to just zero in on the spoilers, that is get the news and get out.

I gave up on reading the (Spoiler and) spoiler discussion thread on Gossip Girl, it takes forever to sort through the quoted spoiler and comments from actual new news and comments.

subdrone

subdrone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 4:00 PM

I'm on board with the kids topic.

Words

Words

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 4:04 PM

Okay. Sounds sensible to initiate a Spoilers Only thread in addition to the existing Spoilers with Discussion thread. Now for a clever title......

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 4:08 PM

Words - Some unforgiveable rif on the FBI spy cameras and wire taps from the first two seasons?

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 11:22 PM

Hey, all. Piling on to say I also like the ideas for both Peter and the Florrick kids.

I have an idea for a Blake title, but is he still relevant? If he never returns (my fervent hope), it wouldn't be much use.

L star

L star

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2011 @ 1:39 AM

We need an Alicia thread but I have zero ideas. I'm not very original.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2011 @ 11:36 AM

We need an Eli thread, or will the quote thread do? And perhaps eventually an Alan thread, especially given the persistent AC fandom on the old thread. Last night I caught a rebroadcast of his SATC appearance where he's sporting a convincingly campy British fashonista accent, I think distinct of his normal speaking voice.

I lack the cleverness to pick through the long list of brilliant Eli lines to coin a thread title.

Edited by name234, Sep 28, 2011 @ 11:37 AM.

firemountain9

firemountain9

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 1:14 AM

I lack the cleverness to pick through the long list of brilliant Eli lines to coin a thread title.

Just a thought - "Eli Gold: He Can Drag Me to Hell Anytime"

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 1:27 AM

Just a thought - "Eli Gold: He Can Drag Me to Hell Anytime"

Do it! Do it! <please?>

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 9:28 AM

Can we get one for Peter? Though he's just a Special Guest Star, Peter is very pivotal in this show.

I'd start one, but I suck at titles.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 10:17 AM

Rockville's suggestion:

Sandman: I humbly suggest that if you care to start a thread about Peter, you call it "Peter Florrick: The former Mr. Big House Arrest."

I think we need the thread, because there is plenty of discussion of Peter across the previous seasons.

maraleia

maraleia

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2011 @ 2:34 PM

What about Cary Agos: Playing both sides of the fence or Cary Agos: He's no Logan Huntzberger

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2011 @ 2:38 PM

I think we need the thread, because there is plenty of discussion of Peter across the previous seasons.

I went ahead and created one, but so far...no discussion. boo.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2011 @ 2:54 PM

What about Cary Agos: Playing both sides of the fence or Cary Agos: He's no Logan Huntzberger

Works, I want to get some kind of "too sunny to be an Iago" but that doesn't work, and I love the GG reference.

maraleia

maraleia

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2011 @ 6:02 PM

Which one should I use for Cary name234?

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2011 @ 6:27 PM

Cary Agos: He's no Logan Huntzberger, but is he really Iago?

I think your original version is short and sweet.

We should appeal to the threadsters, or go ahead with the notion that it can be edited

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2011 @ 9:12 AM

HelenBack - Glad you approve of the David Lee title, if we don't' get a DL episode with a nice juicy family law case, or at least a DL snack I may sink into despair. Quote page was a gold mine, because I could only remember bits and pieces of the quotes.

Does anybody know if Zach Grenier is juggling bi-coastal projects this season as he was last season?

Do we have enough patterned network and character behavior to start a TGW drinking game? Use a calming herbal tea...

Every time the network delays the show because of a sporting event? [This is why I will be using a calming herbal tea....]

Every time Eli looks at Kalinda as if (per Sandman)

Eli practically had cartoon hearts shooting out of his eyeballs.

Every time Diane has to deal with her firm being in danger of imploding?

Every time David Lee cackles with glee and triumph over the body of his foe?

Every time Will propositions Alicia?, Drink twice if it strikes you as a touch or a lot skeevy?

Edited by name234, Oct 4, 2011 @ 9:37 AM.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2011 @ 9:48 AM

Do we have enough patterned network and character behavior to start a TGW drinking game? Use a calming herbal tea...

Every time the network delays the show because of a sporting event? [This is why I will be using a calming herbal tea....]

Every time Eli looks at Kalinda as if (per Sandman)

Eli practically had cartoon hearts shooting out of his eyeballs.

Every time Diane has to deal with her firm being in danger of imploding?

Every time David Lee cackles with glee and triumph over the body of his foe?

Every time Will propositions Alicia?, Drink twice if it strikes you as a touch or a lot skeevy?

Oooo, these are great! And how about...

Every time a judge does something completely arbitrary for obviously personal reasons? (In our opinion, of course.)

Every time Kalinda gives a smoldering look and suggestive remark in order to get her way?

Every time either Lockhart Gardner or opposing counsel gets blindsided because they just plain didn't do their homework?

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 2:47 PM

Marceline -

I think its time to start a relationship thread (perhaps even one specifically for the Peter vs Will discussion?) because, in my opinion, we're veering dangerously close to shipper wars and in my experience nothing can drag a board into the weeds faster than shipper wars. Also we seem to have gotten away from discussion of the actual episode.

Just a thought.

I second the motion, ITA, Perhaps either create new threads or move the Peter and Alicia stuff to the Peter Thread, and the Will and Alicia stuff to the Will thread?

Edited by name234, Oct 5, 2011 @ 2:48 PM.

CozyKat

CozyKat

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 2:53 PM

I propose a thread called something like "Peter v. Will: Two Sides of the Same Coin?" for discussions specific to the two men in relation to each other and which is hotter/"better" for Alicia, for people who feel strongly on that topic. Other show relationships seem to fall more neatly into existing threads. And I think Alicia deserves to keep her existing thread primarily about her, aside from just her love interests.

marceline

marceline

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 2:56 PM

I like the idea of moving the P/A stuff to the Peter thread and the W/A stuff to the Will thread.

ETA: I like CozyKat's idea better. So much of the talk is comparing and contrasting the two guys.

Edited by marceline, Oct 5, 2011 @ 2:57 PM.