4-11: "Crawl Space" 2011.09.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

411 replies to this topic

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 5:58 PM

Walt moves to protect his secret and Gus; Skyler is stymied in her attempt to help Ted with his financial problem.

strebor

strebor

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

Great acting all around.

Color me shocked that there still isn't enuf $$ in the crawl space for the family. Is it cuz the rest of it went to pay cash for the car wash?

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

Glad to see Jesse stick up for Walt with Gus. Also that he was concerned abourt Mike.

Whoever on here said that Gus was going to use the Don's necklace to taunt the old man was right.

rockin01

rockin01

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:06 PM

Its official: The BB Powers That Be read this forum. They HAVE to-everything speculated on these boards comes true, usually by the next episode. Wait, I just thought of another possibility: you are all geniuses. Actually, I like that better.

Ok, about this episode: How incredible can this show get?
Loved the "hospital" in the middle of nowhere.
Loved the doctor's line- "He is the man who pays me".
Loved Gus torturing Tio.
Loved the conscious symbolism of the oranges falling to the floor as Ted, uh, dies? Is seriously injured? What?
Loved Saul's line- "What did you expect, Haji's Quick Vanish?"
Loved Walt losing it in the crawl space. Give Cranston his Emmy now. Except you have to give Aaron Paul one too- he is KILLLING this season!

Let's just save some time here- loved the whole damn episode. Only 2 left? Wah!

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Holy crap, Walt is in deep shit! Great episode, I need to watch it again.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Jesus, I'm so anxious I could puke. I...I can't even. The things this show does to me.

But I haven't been so firmly on Walt's side as I was this week in forever. I want Tyrus to die, and I want Walt to win. And I actualy felt bad for him when he went to Jesse's and Jesse turned him away. I don't blame Jesse, but still.

actorpull

actorpull

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:09 PM

This can't be healthy for people with heart problems.

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

I assumed Walt still had plenty of money put away as well...I assumed he was a multi-millionaire. How much did he have to spend on the car wash?

sunnyzwei

sunnyzwei

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

Gulp. That was some GOOD tv right there. My toes were curled up and I was sitting on the edge of my seat the last two minutes. But it felt like two hours.

DaLovin Dj

DaLovin Dj

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Chekov's carpet. Nice.

Walt's Joker laugh. Epic.

Gus threatening to kill baby Holly. Hellz no. Now he has to die. You don't get to threaten children on television and live very long.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:12 PM

Color me shocked that there still isn't enuf $$ in the crawl space for the family. Is it cuz the rest of it went to pay cash for the car wash?

And most of the rest after that to the apparently dead Ted (is it wrong that I laughed at that?). Then, before any of those things, who knows how much for both Hank and Walt's medical bills - hundreds of thousands there alone, easily.

I was expecting the end to be the lab blowing up next time a cook got started in it.

And I want Tyrus to die, too. Supercilious ass.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:12 PM

Holy shit. What an ending.

So, of course Gus would have an ER set up for him just in case. It was somehow sweet seeing Jesse so concerned about Mike and angry with the doctors for not taking care of him. That's some last name Mike has: Enrmantraut.

Kudos to those who said Gus would should Tio Hector the necklace. I didn't expect, however, for Gus to present Jesse as the killer of Hector's grandson. He really likes to rub it in.

(BTW, seeing that Tio was watching Bridge on the River Kwai, I couldn't help but think of Ron Swanson's birthday party for one.)

Poor, silly, naive Ted. Geez, what an end for him, though something like that was telegraphed when we first saw him trip on the rug. I firmly believe he wasn't trying to blackmail Skyler. He was just stating the facts, but of course she would see everything in the worst possible light.

Super horrible and chilling when Gus told Walt he would kill his wife, his son, and his baby daughter. Just a reminder that Gus is not a nice guy.

I found it interesting that Jesse had been told that Walt had brought Hank to the laundry. Not exactly the truth, but certainly obviously manipulative.

Can't wait until next week.

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:13 PM

The bit with Ted and Huell (the big guy) was hilarious, as was Huell's dismissive attitude towards Ted's demise: "Act of God."

Bryan Cranston killed me this episode with his relief at seeing Jesse alive, his mounting panic, his terrible lying to Hank, and his hysterical breakdown at the end.

Anna Gunn was really good, too, especially her terror and frantic explanations to Walt at the end.

Tio's actor conveyed a lot--pain, grief, rage--while not being able to move his face very much at all. Also very impressive.

So will Mike die off-screen or what? In the Inside Breaking Bad feature, Aaron Paul referred to Mike as "bleeding and dying," or somesuch.

Edited by Blue32, Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:16 PM.

MightyMac63

MightyMac63

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:13 PM

Holy crap, Walt is in deep shit! Great episode, I need to watch it again.

I knew Walt would freak out when he went into the crawl space only to find the money missing. But busting out
in a laugh?

So who will Gus send to kill Hank? The Shiny Suit Twins have been there, done that, and both are dead? Mike maybe when he heals from the gunshot wound?

The bit with Ted and Huell (the big guy) was hilarious, as was Huell's dismissive attitude towards Ted's demise: "Act of God."

Some "A" Team Saul sent to help out Ted.

Edited by MightyMac63, Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:15 PM.

Wapa

Wapa

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

Imagine that; Walt's not an arrogant prick when his family gets threatened. He turns into a scared little girl instead. Funny how that works.

And Walt, it astounds me you would think Jesse would help you after you said you hoped he would wind up in a ditch somewhere in Mexico.

At the end when Skyler started out scared talking to Walt I was so worried that she had a gun to her back and was about to be killed.

Great job getting into a crash also Walt; getting yourself killed is a great move in keeping the dry cleaner secret. Only buys a weeks time. Dumbass.

So many stupid, stupid moves on Walt's part this episode; more so than usual.

Excellent episode all around.

Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:16 PM

Walt has only earned $2.7 Million from Gus ($1.2 Million the first time and then 1.5 mill - half of 3 mill - during this three month cook). He was getting paid weekly, so he might not have all his earned money yet.

He's been spending money left-and-right (apartment, Hank, car wash, windshields). He's not 'living it up' like Jesse was, but he doesn't seem to have been keeping good track of his money either. And that'll kill ya (hah!).

I'm still curious if Ted is dead or just horribly injured/brain damaged. They seemed to have been purposefully vague on that detail. Like that things seem to be looking up for Jesse.

Walt's calling the DEA (thru Saul) idiotically killed him a couple hours after he last saw Gus. If he had done things calmly, and waited until he was to 'disappear' before having Saul make the call, then he'd have noticed the money situation and not doomed himself so soon.

CatMomma

CatMomma

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:17 PM

No. It was the $600,000 Skylar paid to her old boss, to avoid the IRS. What a self righteous prick. LMAO that he tripped on his rug and knocked himself out.

Finally. FINALLY, we saw some real raw emotion from Walt. I was beginning to wonder if the guy cared about anything. That was a breakdown.

actorpull

actorpull

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:19 PM

My question is: How are 18 more episodes going to be milked out of this? It could easily be over by the end of this season and be the best television show of all time. It seems odd, if Gus is indeed killed by Walt either directly or indirectly, for the show to continue for so much longer. What's left?

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:20 PM

I firmly believe he wasn't trying to blackmail Skyler.

I am certain that he was, and here's why: he ignored the fact that paying the IRS would keep him out of prison in favor of talking about needing more for personal expenses. Most of us would be pretty happy with "not in prison." You know, just as a starting point. We might even want to keep the person who kept us out of prison, also out of prison.

Not Ted. He got greedy.

Chikibun

Chikibun

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:20 PM

That end had me queasy; and no gore involved! Walt's mounting terror had me feeling -sick- to my stomach. Bryan Cranston has just proven himself to be an acting God in the end there; as he's just shown that he has the ability to transfer his characters feeling of terror through the television screen.

I have to say though, his laughter at the end was very unnerving. He was completely unhinged in that moment and it was great. Though, I could still sense the terror through his laughter. . so it was almost like, when the telephone rang; I was repeating this mantra in my head, Please don't be Marie, Please don't be Marie.

And of course. . it's her. My stomach was pretty much in knots as I was sure if it was her calling, Hank had already been killed. Thankfully he wasn't or I would've had to turn away from the tv then and there!

Ugh, such a great ending. One of Breaking Bad's best, the music, the acting, the direction, the editing. The makers of this show are -so- gifted.

Oh right, poor Ted. Poor stupid, stubborn Ted. I'd have more words for him but. . the encore is on right now.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:23 PM

I assumed Walt still had plenty of money put away as well...I assumed he was a multi-millionaire. How much did he have to spend on the car wash?

They paid Eyebrows $800K+. IIRC, that was clean aftertax dollars, so they started with over a million Gusbucks, paid tax, and paid off the people who helped in the fraud. Call it two months income from Gus.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:25 PM

I am amazed how every week, this show continues one up itself. I truly believe that the season finale will have every television set turn into a black hole and end the world haha.

Bryan Cranston has just extended his Emmy run to four after tonight. Actually, just hand over the Emmy's to him and Aaron right now.

blahface

blahface

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:26 PM

I can't believe there is another season after this. I wonder what it is going to be like.

When Ted said, "Actually, no I don't," I thought he set up Skyler for the IRS.

Edited by blahface, Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:27 PM.

sedeyus

sedeyus

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:27 PM

My question is: How are 18 more episodes going to be milked out of this? It could easily be over by the end of this season and be the best television show of all time. It seems odd, if Gus is indeed killed by Walt either directly or indirectly, for the show to continue for so much longer. What's left?

The premise has always been described as, "Let's turn Mr. Chips into Scarface." It really doesn't fit if Walt stays in a cook position. So I'm assuming at some point Gus is gonna die and Walt is gonna end up as the head of the operation. I don't know how though. Mike?

bestever

bestever

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:27 PM

oh my, the terrified look on Skylar's face when she told Walt about giving Ted the money, then as she walked down the hall to answer Marie's call. That was incredibly chilling. I normally don't like Skylar much but I can appreciate her predicament. Wouldn't want to be her right now! And of course Walt's maniacal laughing. I just cringe whenever the credits come on this show..more now dammit! This sure is rough on those of us that inhaled the first 3 seasons on dvd all at once!
I loved that Jesse had Andrea and Brock at his house...he actually looked normal and happy for about 2 seconds. Then Walt knocks on his door...normality over! I love that Walt was finally able to figure out Jesse's loyalty when Gus had him in the desert. If only he had realized that sooner...

Edited by bestever, Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:31 PM.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:28 PM

Gotta give Huell a quick shout-out: "I'm gonna say 'no.'"

Heh.

Also Saul: "I told her you were my 'A' team!"

My stomach was pretty much in knots as I was sure if it was her calling, Hank had already been killed.

I also thought that for sure Marie was calling to report Hank's death.

Cerpintaxt815

Cerpintaxt815

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:29 PM

Are you kidding me!! One of the best episodes ever. The ending almost gave me a panic attack

And I dont think Ted is dead (Zed on the other hand sure is)

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:29 PM

I truly believe that the season finale will have every television set turn into a black hole and end the world haha.

Well, the next episode is entitled "End Times," so...

Seriously, though, I agree with those wondering where the show is going to go after this. The only way out of this mess is if Gus gets neutralized somehow.

So I'm assuming at some point Gus is gonna die and Walt is gonna end up as the head of the operation. I don't know how though.

Yeah, that's the sticky part. Gus has to die, not just get arrested, because if he goes down you'd better believe he's taking Walt down with him if it's in his power. And who's going to kill Gus? Jesse? Mike is out of commission.

Oh right, poor Ted. Poor stupid, stubborn Ted.

Yup. Too stupid to live, literally in this case (although I suppose he might not be dead after all and might just be in a coma.)

Edited by Blue32, Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:31 PM.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:30 PM

I firmly believe he wasn't trying to blackmail Skyler.

I am certain that he was, and here's why: he ignored the fact that paying the IRS would keep him out of prison in favor of talking about needing more for personal expenses. Most of us would be pretty happy with "not in prison." You know, just as a starting point. We might even want to keep the person who kept us out of prison, also out of prison.

Not Ted. He got greedy.

He tried to return the money to Skyler because it was gotten illegally. He then said that paying the IRS might keep him out of jail, but he and his company would still be bankrupt. Skyler interpreted that as implying that he wanted more money. I think he was just countering Skyler's statement that everything would be fine if he paid the IRS.

I understand that this is open to interpretation, but I think the point of this plot line was that Ted was trying to be honest, though late, and that Skyler had come to expect the worst in people because of her decision to break bad.

CatMomma

CatMomma

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:31 PM

I think he had a little over $2million. Over $800,000 for the carwash, over $600,000 to Skylar's boss, and about $500,000 to disapear.
Money is gone.

Gus needs to go. When he threatened the baby, all bets are off.

Jesse's loyalty is with Mike. He hates Gus and Walt. Mike saw what Gus did to his last right hand man. I don't think he'll let it happen again.