Spoilers Discussion: Is That What You Heard? Word on the Street Is…

• Please log in to reply

1272 replies to this topic

Mulbag

Mulbag

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:27 PM

Ohmo, lol...think about all of the time Alicia has slept with Peter. Most of those occasions seemed as if they had nothing to do with Peter. The reasons I believe she stayed is more complicated than that. But, as far as her friendship with Kalinda goes, I don't think Alicia cares when it happened, but that it happened. Concerning Peter, all she really does or did with him is sleep with him, she's not working on her marriage. Renewed her vows to Peter, yet; they live in separate residences. lmfao. Why are we asking this questions??? Alicia doesn't even understand herself.

Phoenixstorm

Phoenixstorm

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 11:55 PM

Ohmo, lol...think about all of the time Alicia has slept with Peter. Most of those occasions seemed as if they had nothing to do with Peter. The reasons I believe she stayed is more complicated than that. 

Being a wife of a political figure is more complicated then we are lead to believe which is the concept of the show. Alicia stayed because she thought it would be best for the kids and it made her more connected to other affluent people. Alicia was able to rise in L&G not because of Will but because she is connected and gave L&G more clients which is why she was promoted more.

Mulbag

Mulbag

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 7:58 PM

Initially, Alicia didn't want to be connected to those affluent people, until recently. I agree, Alicia was able to rise apart from Will, but there are various factors other than being connected and giving LG clients.

Gella

Gella

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 9:40 PM

It seems women who forgive the cheating partners but hold anger/grudge/ hatred towards the other woman are a bit hypocritical. It takes two to tango. If it's the issue of lying and cheating that is a deal breaker for Alicia then no amount of connections or attachments should keep her in that marriage. Yet she has moved past it. But she apparently cannot forgive Kalinda for one lie about something that happened before their paths even crossed. Yes, Kalinda shouldn't have lied, but Kalinda didn't do this to her. Peter on the other hand did. They had vows and he explicitly broke them. So yes, I don't understand Alicia and Kalinda issue. I understand even less why they've not being in the same scene in ages. Even if note friends, they still worked on the same cases. And even with Will's death, Alicia goes to see Diane but still no scene with Kalinda. Very strange indeed.

Cutty

Cutty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 10:42 PM

There's an extended preview for the next episode on The Good Wife's YouTube channel. I was more intrigued by the synopsis:

Alicia and Diane consider merging their firms in the wake of Will's death, even as they find themselves on opposite sides of a contentious divorce suit. Meanwhile, Alicia offers assistance to Finn when it becomes clear that the State's Attorney is looking for a scapegoat in the Jeffrey Grant case, on The Good Wife, Sunday, April 13 at 9/8c. Jason O'Mara guest stars. Only CBS

photo fox

photo fox

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:44 PM

Alicia and Diane consider merging their firms in the wake of Will's death...

I hope Alicia hasn't forgotten she already has a partner. Seriously, if I have to watch Cary get forgotten and minimized one more time....

Ugh.

Cassiopea76

Cassiopea76

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 2:58 AM

I hope Alicia hasn't forgotten she already has a partner. Seriously, if I have to watch Cary get forgotten and minimized one more time....

Ugh.

The way they wrote F/A storyline makes me think it's exactly what's going to happen.

The only aspect they did examined in depth were Alicia vs Will and they stopped to show what's going on at F/A long time ago. The F/A plot was barely about Cary. Cary's role was marginal compared to Diane, Wil and Alicia. His role has already being forgotten and minimized because he was reduced to being Alicia's jet engine to leave L/G (and Will) but writers didn't bother to show what the firm meant for Cary and how that new venture affected him. So that makes me think that what Cary thinks or feels about his own firm won't be a factor in that storyline.

Yeah, they did give us all those scenes between him and Alicia, but he was pictured like pretty irrelevant for the firm's future: most of the time it looked like that firm just lived because Alicia's clients and Cary was just there to help her. Did you ever see Alicia to help Cary or giving him advice about something? That partnership is not mutual. And they are not Will and Diane not just because Cary's not Will but because Alicia is definitely not Diane. Alicia has a partner. I'm not sure Cary has it.

And now it's Diane and Alicia who are considering merging the two firms like Cary is just a detail there. Ugh. I'm sure Cary will be involved in that plot (they can't ignore him completely) but I'm also pretty sure it will be all about Diane and Alicia trying to convince him it's the best idea ever just because Will is dead and a merge is the only right thing which could happen (let's forget that a merge is not something which should be decided on the basis of a tragic event but rationally pondered).

Edited by Cassiopea76, Apr 5, 2014 @ 4:34 AM.

Cutty

Cutty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 9:17 AM

Having two firms makes it difficult for the writers because there's usually only time for one court case the main focus of every episode. Unless you pit the firms against each other every episode (which they've tried this season) it doesn't work from a story aspect.

It's why S3 was so good. Cary was at the state's attorney's office with Peter and a few other interesting characters and Will, Diane & Alicia were on the opposite side.

Edited by Cutty, Apr 5, 2014 @ 9:18 AM.

Sydneyside

Sydneyside

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2014 @ 8:20 AM

The people here who suggest the reason there are no scenes between Alicia and Kalinda anymore (except in cases of major character death but only by phone!) due to JM believing the friendship was unrealistic are ignoring the fact that their friendship *was* renewed and the actresses *did* work together from mid Season 3 until mid Season 4. Something has happened since then that has stopped the two characters being together onscreen and it's hard to imagine that it's not something behind the scenes.

JM is on record being pleased the relationship is over and claiming there's nothing more to explore. The Kings have said they don't want to get into a public argument with her, but a year earlier called Alicia/Kalinda the "core relationship of the show". AP is on record that she's been told there will be no more scenes in future and regretting what that does to the character of Kalinda because "the essence of Kalinda is her connection to Alicia".

It seems quite clear to me that JM succeeded over the wishes of the Kings and AP. Her motives are not on the record.

I just hope the situation changes one day, and right now a renewal of the friendship for both characters who are hurting and lonely would seem to be ideal. It's particularly sad because Kalinda has the answers to some of Alicia's questions about Will and could tell her precisely what Will felt for her.

What a waste...

Cassiopea76

Cassiopea76

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2014 @ 5:35 AM

What a waste...

Frankly we could say that for a lot of things in that show. Also we could say that it's too late. It's too late for Cary and Kalinda to be written in a decent way. It's too late for Kalinda to be developed independently from her sexuality. It's too late for Cary to be finally given character's exploration and a leading role. It's too late for Matt Czuchry to leave and do something  worthier for his career than being reduced to play a background character for 22 episodes and that's when the plot should be technically and logically written also around his character. And it's loo late for this show to do something to convince me to watch next season.

Edited by Cassiopea76, Apr 19, 2014 @ 10:50 AM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2014 @ 8:17 PM

Not really a spoiler but I'll post it here, from TVLine:

Nestor Carbonell (currently co-starring on Bates Motel) will guest-star on The Good Wife as a charming entrepreneur, CBS announced Monday.

Per an official episode description, Alicia begins to consider her options outside of marriage after a chance encounter with Carbonell’s character. That, in turns, leads her to seek the advice of her mother (played by Stockard Channing).

Carbonell’s installment airs May 4.

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2014 @ 11:47 PM

Oooh, interesting. It will be interesting to see Alicia take an active role in pursuing another man.

kwnyc

kwnyc

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Oh, Lord...but asking her MOTHER  (HER mother?) for advice? It's always great to see the fabulous train wreck played by Stockard Channing, however.