Spoilers Discussion: Is That What You Heard? Word on the Street Is…

• Please log in to reply

1269 replies to this topic

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Alicia would probably feel terrible guilt for not telling Peter herself. However, it would be a nice touch for Peter to find out about Alicia's affair the same way she did about his, over the television.

He already knows, though. They had that (fantastic) stare-down in Alicia's kitchen when he said "of COURSE it's about you sleeping with him!"

ilovemoose

ilovemoose

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

Yes, I believe Peter already knows about Alicia and Will. At the time of their showdown, she told him, not in so many words, that there was nothing between her and Will, but I don't know that he fully believed her. (Although they were over at that point).

Alicia watching Peter's announcement...I wasn't sure if she was watching that live over the internet or if she caught a re-cap, where some big news hit? In the summary for the upcoming show, it's hinted that Peter's political rival puts her back in the spotlight. I've also read that Alicia does something surprising. I've wondered if Mike threatens something, but Alicia steps up and perhaps heads him off at the pass?

Jackie being the hospital....I don't think there's enough to speculate on as to what put her there, but what I found odd was it seemed like in the little clip for the preview, it seemed liked Peter hesitated covering Jackie's hand with his. Is it possible that Jackie and Peter get into it? Perhaps he is angry with her for interfering with his and Alicia's marriage? And then she's in the hospital?

yogacat

yogacat

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

I believe the line was...
"If was going to say my firm, but if that (WIll) is the issue, we can talk about..."
And then Peter shouts, "Of course that's the issue!"

So I guess you guys are right, I guess he does know. It's funny how viewers interpret things differently. I always thought the accusation of Alicia sleeping with Will was something Peter threw at her during arguments, trying to say something hurtful and get under her skin. In my mind Peter maybe does not believe Alicia would cheat on him, as it would be some kind of burn on his masculinity. Now I need to go back and rewatch. Do we figure that is the moment when Peter officially 'figured it out'?

That adds an interesting dimension to the reunion (if that is the direction they are going). Peter will now have to deal with the fact Alicia has carried on a relationship with someone else. Some definite jealousy issues to work through there.

I think Alicia is also lured a bit by the power of the governor's office. There was a few mentions of Peter scoring the keynote, and Alicia was looking pretty impressed and pleased.

marceline

marceline

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

Yes, I believe Peter already knows about Alicia and Will. At the time of their showdown, she told him, not in so many words, that there was nothing between her and Will, but I don't know that he fully believed her. (Although they were over at that point).

Peter found out about Willicia from Will. They had that confrontation out on the street in front of, what I assume was the SA's office. It was shortly after that that Peter brought in WSC.

Edited by marceline, Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:10 AM.

mgoshawk

mgoshawk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:54 AM

Spoiler from Ausiello from earlier this week:

Question: Please tell me The Good Wife isn’t killing off Jackie! That promo looked very ominous. Is her hospitalization related to the confrontation with Alicia? —Jen
Ausiello: Don’t know if she dies, but I do know that Alicia isn’t present when she takes ill. Rather, the pot-stirrer actually collapses during a confrontation with another character.

Question: Will Amy Sedaris make another appearance on The Good Wife this season? I love her and Alan Cumming (Eli) together. —Eric
Ausiello: She isn’t, but I’ll tell you who (or better yet, what) is returning: Eli Gold’s post-sex hairdo!

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

My guess based on mgoshawk's Ausiello post and the bedside photo earlier, Jackie has a medical episode because Peter becomes angry with Jackie for the pattern of manipulating Alicia and creating an appearance problem in his run for Governor. The old house is blood in the water if you are Peter's opponent's investigating operative. The old Florrick house is now owned by Peter, and yet the family is not living there together - is the marriage in trouble, or does this further confirm suspicions?

It could be that Jackie "the Backbiting Viper" Florrick is the source for or confirmed Alicia's affair with with Will, I say this with Kristeva's creepy "Alicia will regret it" speech in mind. I am not sure how Jackie would know - except for openly proclaiming she was convinced that Alicia was cheating on her son and that is the reason for separation, leading someone to track or double down on tracking Alicia.

I am actually glad its not Alicia who triggers Jackie's medical meltdown, though that would be a lot of guilt for Peter to have to carry - or the culmination of a life long Mother and Son pattern.

Edited by name234, Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:50 AM.

ilovemoose

ilovemoose

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

It could be that Jackie "the Backbiting Viper" Florrick is the source for or confirmed Alicia's affair with with Will, I say this with Kristeva's creepy "Alicia will regret it" speech in mind. I am not sure how Jackie would know - except for openly proclaiming she was convinced that Alicia was cheating on her son and that is the reason for separation, leading someone to track or double down on tracking Alicia.

I believe it is possible that Peter confronts Jackie about her manipulations and interference with his marriage to Alicia. And that she does collapse in his presence, triggering some guilt for him. I don't however believe Jackie would leak that Alicia had an affair. She's always believed that Alicia should forgive Peter, that he didn't do anything wrong, and that her place is by his side. If she revealed anything damaging, it would hurt Alicia sure, but it would also hurt Peter.

Mike may have something on Alicia - he may not. He may be a twisted individual who likes to play mind games and may make Peter and Alicia think he has something on them. I've even wondered if Alicia steps up and admits something on her own -who knows. I do however think that whatever goes down over the course of the last three shows, we may see Peter and Alicia standing together on the same side.....with a Florrick vs Mike or whomever.

Whatever it is...I'm looking forward to it!

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

Finally, a press release of the final episode of the season. Looks pretty awesome!

Edited by crashdown, Apr 9, 2012 @ 3:42 PM.

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:29 PM

The latest Ausiello dirt:

Question: Any Good Wife season finale scoop? —Hyday
Ausiello: Can we discuss this Sunday's all-new episode instead? Because Matt Mitovich just screened it and crafted these awesome little nuggets just for AA:

* Those who have been looking forward to Alicia giving Jackie what's coming to her will be curious to know she acquires an unexpected ally along the way.

* Julianne Nicholson (Law & Order: CI, Boardwalk Empire) guest-stars as an aggressive-ish attorney who, it turns out, kinda owes Will a date from back in the day — but what an unusual venue she chooses for the make-good.

* The closing image just might make your eyes well up a bit.

Anyone have any guesses about the last, tear-worthy scene?

spanishrake

spanishrake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

I think the "unexpected ally" will be Peter taking Alicia's side vs Jackie re: the house.

I think the teary scene will be a hospital scene w/ Jackie & Peter and maybe Alicia too. Hopefully, Jackie doesn't die. She's a good antagonist for Alicia. It would really be a great loss to the show if her character is killed off.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

Granted this is practically whimsy, not really speculation, but a Name234 can hope, "I will cry tears of joy when Kalinda seals the renewal of her friendship with Alicia with some bit of damning evidence that allows Alicia to control Jackie's access to her and the kids...evidence that Jackie was not so prim and proper when she hooked Peter's Dad back in the day...."

Those who have been looking forward to Alicia giving Jackie what's coming to her will be curious to know she acquires an unexpected ally along the way.

I agree, I think this is further indication that Peter gets really angry with Jackie for her over the top manipulations....

Edited by name234, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:58 PM.

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:14 AM

Even apart from my obvious A/K obsession, I think there's a good chance that the final tear-worthy scene in 3.20 is going to be an Alicia/Kalinda bar scene. Here's my thinking. The only two touching moments that I can come up with right now involve Alicia/Kalinda or Alicia/Peter. The logical Alicia/Peter thing would be a hospital bedside scene in which Alicia comforts/hugs Peter as he looks sad and vulnerable. But I really think the Jackie collapse is going to come in 3.22, after Peter announces his candidacy. 3.20 is just going to be too crammed with stuff that HAS to happen before the candidacy announcement (the Peter/Mike confrontation, and whatever Mike has on Alicia coming to light) to toss in Jackie on her deathbed as well. I've studied the promo clips more than is good for me, and, putting them together with press releases and spoilers, I've concluded that the Mike/Peter stuff, the Alicia/Peter "Run, Peter!" scene, and the Alicia/Kalinda "What's wrong?" "Everything!" exchange happens in 3.20; Cary comes back in 3.21; and Jackie collapses in 3.22. (Jackie appears in both 3.20 and 3.22, and I doubt she'll just be lingering around dying or recovering from her stroke or whatever for all that time.)

There are two main reasons why I think an A/K bar scene is coming in the next episode. The A/K "What's wrong?" exchange happens in the evening, and Alicia looks completely desperate when she answers. She seems to want to talk, and the logical place to do that would be to go somewhere and have a drink. I also am putting some stock in this bit from the recent Televisionary interview with Robert and Michelle King (the bolding is mine):

We would acknowledge that one of the magical moments in the show up until now, and even seeing the dailies, is seeing these two drink together. If that's not one of the main relationships of the show, it's the main relationship of the show.

As soon as I read that, I thought that the only reason anyone would mention the magic of dailies of A/K bar scenes would be if they'd recently had to sift through dailies to put together a scene. (The last A/K bar scene that aired was "Ham Sandwich" at the end of March 2011. That means that they'd probably have been looking at dailies from that scene well over a year ago. They're busy people, and I doubt they look at dailies from old scenes just for kicks.) When Jace Lacob interviewed the Kings, they were just starting to write the final episode, so I thought they probably had just been doing post-production on a couple of episodes before the end. If there ends up being a bar scene in 3.20, I'll have been right.

Too much detective work, but I seem to devote a lot of brain space to what might be coming down the pike!

Edited by crashdown, Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:15 AM.

Sheker9

Sheker9

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

I think Jackie's hospitalization is taking place in episode 20 because that scene was included in the promo, along with Cary's scene (not the promo for the last 3 episodes, but the one that was aired after last Sunday's rerun). I don't think she'll die, since she's in episode 22 as well. As for the touching ending, my bet is on an A/P hospital scene, but we'll see...

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

I think the "promo for next week's episode" was actually just a short form of the longer promo for the last three episodes--the promo people, as usual, are causing grand confusion. If you look at it on the CBS web site, you'll see that although it's labeled the "Pants on Fire" promo, the promo itself says that it's for the last three episodes of the season. I'm utterly certain that Cary isn't coming back to L/G in 3.20. I feel pretty sure that Jackie won't be collapsing in 3.20, but not sure enough to bet money on it. But I agree that if it's not my hypothesized bar scene, it's going to be some sort of touching scene between Alicia and Peter. (That wouldn't make MY eyes well up, but your mileage may vary.) As you said, we'll see!

spanishrake

spanishrake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

Crashdown, you may be right re: a K/A drink at the bar scene. On the extended promo that I saw on-line, there is a quick shot of Kalinda looking at someone (or something) and hesitating in a crowded bar. It's slipped in right after the "Welcome back to the dark side" toast with Cary at the bar, but even though it follows, I think the Kalinda clip is from a different scene.

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

Funny that you should mention that clip, spanishrake--I had the same thought that it was actually a clip from a different scene, and I've studied it over and over trying to make up my mind. There's a slight disconnect in the scene that makes me inclined to believe that it IS just slipped in. On the other hand, Kalinda isn't wearing the purple shirt that she's wearing in "What's wrong?"/"Everything!," and if a bar scene is going to be coming, it's likely to be coming after that. But on the OTHER hand, there's no way that, after a season of teasing us, the writers would make the first A/K bar scene of the season a big group affair. (And on yet another of my manifold hands, I tweeted a TV critic who has already seen 3.20 to ask if there was any decent A/K progress in the episode, and he said that there was--but who knows how someone is defining "decent." Twitter is a limited medium!) ARGH!! I wish I could be a normal person and just wait patiently to see what my television presents me with.

Florrick

Florrick

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

MARTHA PLIMPTON ON HER RETURN TO 'THE GOOD WIFE': PATTI IS 'MORE BLATANTLY EVIL THAN EVER'
As you might have heard (or, if not, hear it here first!): This Sunday's Good Wife is a fantastic one. Eli finds his loyalties split after being given an important decision to make that will have big consequences, Alicia is involved in at least two weighty confrontations, and Peter makes a decision about running for governor — with a big shocker to boot. But thanks to Martha Plimpton, it's actually the season finale that we're aching to see.

Plimpton stopped by EW this week to chat about the two-part season finale of Raising Hope (scoop on that below), but also threw in a couple of choice teases about her return to Good Wife, in which she teams up with Michael J. Fox for the first time in nearly 30 years. (She had a guest spot on Family Ties at the age of 14!) "In this episode, Patti Nyholm is more blatantly evil than ever — in the most delightful way," she says. "It was so, so much fun working with Michael. He's phenomenally fantastic actor. So funny, so present, so natural, so loose, and easy to work with. It was a real treat for me."

And it will be a treat for viewers, too, because when two forces get together for a common goal (in this case, to bankrupt Lockhart/Gardener), there will be fireworks. "We're the dream team. We're on the same side, and we have a common enemy," she says. "I was very, very pleased with our chemistry. I thought it was really good, and I think we deserve our own show. I think we deserve a spinoff." Um, if I get a vote, motion granted!

http://www.spoilertv...13th-april.html

Chandler who? Prepare to come away from this Sunday's episode wondering why Matthew Perry hasn't been on the show all along, because in his second visit as Mike Kresteva, he switches into full-on love-to-hate mode. Seriously, if you thought Alicia's new frenemy had shown his true colors before, you ain't seen nothing yet. Meanwhile, as Peter is pushed by the emergence of a new candidate in the race for governor to make his own decision on running or not, Eli is presented with a near-impossible choice of his own to make.

http://tvline.com/20...g-bad-spoilers/

First up, official Friend of TVLine Matt Czuchry drops by to tee up this season's final three Good Wife episodes. Specifically, he previews a huge, long-awaited (and recently confirmed) development for Cary, shares a little "Calinda" scoop, and promises a thrilling finale plot (particularly for one much-loved character). Czuchry also talks about his new career as an author and humors me when I ask for an update on the Gilmore reunion movie that's currently in production (this just in: it's not a lie if you believe it).

http://tvline.com/20...-gilmore-girls/

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

I can't believe Cary was only supposed to be at the SA's office for six episodes (though it makes a lot of sense, given the lack of Cary S2 storylines). Man, the Kings just retool their entire show on the fly all the time.

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

Yeah, with these new spoilers, I'm backing away from my theory of the last scene of the upcoming episode being an A/K bar scene. It sounded so plausible (to me at least!) when I concocted it, but I'm still prepared for a really great episode. And from everything I hear, the final episode is going to be a great one for anyone interested in Kalinda (which has to mean most of the Good Wife audience!)

Nobody seems to have posted Chris Harnick's spoilers for Pants on Fire. Here's the post.

Edited by crashdown, Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:23 PM.

knots

knots

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

I can't wait for new episodes anyway, let alone now that I've read those spoilers!

However I cannot see the TVline video, is Matt Czuchry hinting at a Kalinda - Cary relationship in season 4? Tia.

ilovemoose

ilovemoose

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

C Harnick's spoilers:

A former couple does the dirty. Leave your guesses in the comments!

How many former couples are there on the show? Peter and Alicia? Alicia and Will (although I wouldn't consider them a couple) or perhaps it is Eli and his ex or current flame? Although would they even be considered a couple? Peter and Alicia are still married, even if they've been separated. Would they be considered former?

Looking at all the spoilers....they all interest me. I'm curious about Peter and Jackie's confrontation! And what he says to her. I am also glad that Alicia and Jackie's conversation on Sunday picks up from where they left off.

From Matt's interview....it sounds like Cary and Kalinda have a scene together in the last episode and that it starts off a story that will carry into season 4....but it's not clear on what happens. I believe we're going to get into Kalinda's backstory - finally.

spanishrake

spanishrake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

Weirdly, I just found this synopsis on my DVR's scheduled recording for the Good Wife's April 23rd's episode titled "THE PENALTY BOX". It said the following:

"Alicia represents a judge facing misconduct charges from his past as a prosecutor.
Cary makes a decision re; his career.
Kalinda copes with the fallout from Agent Delaney's investigation."

Can't wait!!!! Especially for the shenanigans FBI Agent Delaney casts upon Kalinda. Finally some good Kalinda story!

Also, I think the "former couple" will be Eli and Vanessa, his ex (Parker Posey) ....I think I read a spoiler (or maybe it was an interview with AC) about those two getting it on in an upcoming episode.

Sheker9

Sheker9

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

The former couple they're referring to is definitely Eli-Vanessa. Alan Cumming's already said they hook up in episode 20 so... disappointing lol.

knots

knots

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

Strange how nobody has referred to the promo for next week's ep! I just saw it on youtube:

link

So 1 Diane tells Will to keep it in his pants (having interviewed ex cocaine addict lawyer for a place in L/G?) 2 Cary is back in L/G and 3 Kalinda and Alicia are having drinks together!
Did I say Kalinda and Alicia are having drinks together??

Oh and Jill Flint will be back as Agent Delaney. Now I'm really going to wish my life away so can it be Sunday already?!

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:56 PM

Did I say Kalinda and Alicia are having drinks together??

I believe you did! Obviously, I think that's wonderful, but it seems to arise out of the group thing with Cary--I want it to be private and special! But I keep having to remember that there's no point in putting too much stock in promos; I'm convinced that the people who put them together have a tin ear. (Amazing that they spoiled the bar scene. I mean, I hunt spoilers down with a frantic vigor, but the first post-fallout A/K bar scene is big. I wouldn't have thought anyone would have put it into a promo.)

Oh and Jill Flint will be back as Agent Delaney.

Yes, and if you recall, she promised us a scene that would put her clear hostility toward Alicia into some sort of context. I'm really looking forward to THAT!

Sunday can't come soon enough for me!

knots

knots

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:53 AM

Crashdown
Are you sure it is the Cary bar scene? Bummer.

As for Agent Delaney, if she is actually jealous of Alicia... the girl can hold a grudge! I mean, the meeting at L/G where Agent D. wanted Alicia out the way on the corrupt cop case (when Agent D. probably thought of Alicia as a rival) was in season 1!

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

Are you sure it is the Cary bar scene? Bummer.

Well, no--I'm not sure of anything, and lately I seem to be spectacularly bad at speculating based on spoilers and promos. But I *am* sure that they're wearing the same clothes as they were in the Cary bar scene. But since we never saw Kalinda as part of the general crowd, I'm hoping she comes later (maybe because Alicia asks her to). I'm pretty confident that the Kings know how important the first post-breakup drink between the two of them is, so I don't think it'll end up being disappointing, even if it doesn't seem to be shaping up quite as I've imagined it.

As for Lana, her hostility toward Alicia was palpable. Where it came from and where it's going I can only deliciously guess!

Sheker9

Sheker9

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

I think Lana is jealous because she can see that Kalinda deeply cares about Alicia. It doesn't matter if Alicia cares that way about Kalinda as well, imo. She just feels threatened by it. I can't wait for the next episode!!

Edited by Sheker9, Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:13 PM.

spanishrake

spanishrake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

Well,the scene with Kalinda & Alicia at the bar may be after Cary and the others leave, because Alicia seems to be unloading some personal stuff (in that brief clip) which I doubt she'd want everyone to hear.

I'm going to speculate, everyone is celebrating Cary's return, Kalinda comes at the tail end or just after everyone has left and that's the quick clip we've seen where Kalinda is hesitating in the crowded bar. So either Alicia sees her and asks for her to join her, or Kalinda girds her loins, takes a deep breath, and screws up the courage to go up & sit next to her...and Alicia allows it. And they start to talking.

It would be spectacular, if FBI Agent D - sees them at the bar together, marches up to them and in surge of snarky jealous, let's a bomb drop about something in Kalinda's past in front of Alicia.

Edited by spanishrake, Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:17 PM.

crashdown

crashdown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

Because I've never been known for my patience, I decided it was time to tweet Jill Flint again and try to weasel something out of her. Here's our exchange:

Me: Really looking forward to seeing you on TGW on Sunday. Can you give us some spoilery hints? Any Alicia/Kalinda/Lana scenes?
Jill: Hint....? It get a little heated. Shhhh. ;) haha

So as far as I'm concerned, that sounds awesome. I like "heated" in all of its possible meanings!