Lincoln Lee: One of These Men Is Not Like the Other

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

46 replies to this topic

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 9:46 PM

Thanks, glad I haven't forgotten everything!!

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

Aw, I miss RedLincoln's scruff.

Brinny

Brinny

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

Me too! He just looks SO baby-faced without it. But I'm betting it will only make very rare appearances, if any at all, now that Seth Gabel is regularly portraying Blue!Lincoln.

And speaking of which, here's a short video/interview from a couple of months ago at ComicCon of Gabel talking about the differences between the Lincolns and how he's sort of Altlivia's Peter.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 5:16 PM

I think only the Lincoln over there did so, if the parents of the Lincoln over here were indeed killed and/or died before they would reach any kind of influence, that should explain not only what the Lincoln over here said but also his position at the bottom of the totem pole (instead of team leader like in the Red Universe).

RedLincoln's dad was a judge that the Secretary of Defense seemed to respect (or at least pretended to respect) - "Good man, fine jurist." Nothing about BlueLincoln's parents yet.

Well, we got Robert's was his family so my speculation would be that Lee might be an orphan in the Blue Universe.

sweetcarrie

sweetcarrie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 8:07 PM

I think someone mentioned this in the episode thread, but I've just watched the episode so I can only now comment, but I loved how immediately Lincoln took to calling the fungus Gus (I thought it was pretty cute, actually, when he asked Broyles what the plan was for getting rid of "Gus").

I rewatched Stowaway this weekend, and I was struck by how easily he accepted most of the weirdness of Fringe division. In fact he seemed more confused by Gene than anything else. At the end he mentioned to Peter that while it was odd, it was more fun than Hartford; so when he tells Olivia that he's not "freaked out," I think he means it. The show is pretty dark lately, and it doesn't have the sense of family that it's had in the past, but I think Lincoln's curiosity and eagerness (the little that we've seen of them so far, at least) are helping to keep some warmth in the show. He seems to be a good complement to Walter, too, especially in the lab scene where he was showing some enthusiasm, along with Walter, about figuring out the fungus.

Anyway, I'm really loving this Lincoln. I had to go back and watch a few of the RedLincoln episodes because I was more of a casual viewer until recently, and obviously the totally dissimilar appearances help to visually separate the two, but I think Seth Gabel's been doing a wonderful job with things like facial expressions to truly create different characters, while still keeping a little bit of the same Lincoln in each one.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:11 PM

but I think Seth Gabel's been doing a wonderful job with things like facial expressions to truly create different characters, while still keeping a little bit of the same Lincoln in each one.

It's amazing, isn't it? I've been very impressed with his performance as well. I was sort of 'meh' about Red Lincoln, but BlueLincoln is just so dorky and sweet all at the same time.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he relates to Peter when he returns. I really hope they aren't put into a competitive position, there's enough weirdness to go around - and if Lincoln has to fall for someone, it should be Fauxlivia...

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 2:59 PM

Okay, fine. BlueLincon might be winning me over; he was cute in "Alone in the World". "Freaked out...Wanna talk?" --hee! BlueLincoln has jokes. Still miss the Red version, though.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 4:22 PM

I must confess I have a hopeless TV crush on the Red Universe/badass Lincoln, however, the Blue Universe one tends to awake in me the same curiosity I saw in FauxOlivia.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 9:36 PM

I, for one, am glad Peter handed Lincoln those new glasses. The Clark-Kent-ish ones were hiding his lovely face.

And yay! The two Lincolns will meet after the hiatus; looking forward to it.

livebait

livebait

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 6:34 AM

I love both Lincolns. And just like John and Anna give their multiple characters a particularity that let us immediately know who they are playing, so does Seth. Blue Lincolnís vulnerability and struggle to cope with the Fringe team work make me want to hug him. Red Lincoln is self assured and has a certain easiness around him, just like Alt-Livia, although in the only(!) episode in the AU that we had this year, he seemed more contained, I would say, mature. One of the reasons I donít want to see the current timeline erased is Lincoln. I donít want to lose him and I donít want to see him involved with Olivia because in the end he would be the weak link who had to go. However their scenes together were a delight. I hope theyíll become the next Charlie/Olivia, a friendship that I miss dearly.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 3:24 PM

And yay! The two Lincolns will meet after the hiatus; looking forward to it.

I can hardly wait!

Nerdy Lincoln's partner, Robert, reminded me of badass Lincoln from the Red Universe so badly that I believe the two Lincolns should get along famously!

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

Where's my Lincoln? I've missed him these past couple of episodes.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:45 AM

RIP Lincoln Tyrone Lee.

They gave us a Lincolns-heavy episode, then they killed one off! So not fair.

And poor BlueLinc. I felt for him feeling out of place, and then the one connection he made with Olivia was forgotten.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

They gave us a Lincolns-heavy episode, then they killed one off! So not fair.

They killed a Lincoln?!

They killed the badass one!!!

Why on earth I always miss these kind of episodes???

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

I remember that when BlueLincoln was introduced in Season 3 ("Stowaway"), a lot of people thought he and Peter made a good team (or even couple!). It sucks that the storyline in Season 4 prevented us from seeing them as friends.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

I remember being disappointed that Olivia never met Blue Lincoln (I don't remember where she was in that episode since only Peter met him).

florry86

florry86

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 7:35 AM

I remember being disappointed that Olivia never met Blue Lincoln (I don't remember where she was in that episode since only Peter met him).

She was busy being possessed by William Bell. And I agree with you.