William Bell: John Lennon of the Lab

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4 replies to this topic

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2011 @ 5:36 PM

OK, Belly has his own thread now. :-)

And yes, since the showrunners called Bell-Bishop "Lennon and McCartney," he would be the John Lennon to Walter's Paul McCartney. Despite the fact that it was Walter, not Belly, who bedded Yoko. (As far as we know, Walter had her all to himself.)

I do not, for one minute, believe Belly is dead.

And here's another opinion: I've heard some people saying that Zack Quinto should play young William Bell. Wrong. Quinto does a great Spock impersonation, but Leonard Nimoy did not play William Bell like Mr. Spock. Therefore, Quinto wouldn't be a great choice. (Who would be?)

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2011 @ 7:01 PM

Leonard Nimoy did not play William Bell like Mr. Spock

I agree - I guess Quinto comes to mind for me strictly from the physical perspective. I haven't seen him in anything but ST and the PB audition tape, so i have no idea how he acts.

I also agree that I don't think Bell is dead. Remember, he tried to give Peter a cup of tea as well. Who KNOWS how far and wide he scattered his SOOOUUUULLLL Magnets?

amomono

amomono

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 8:47 PM

we also don't know how a peter-less timeline would have affected Belly... he might not be dead at all, simply due to how events unfolded!

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2011 @ 8:01 AM

Good point - we know that Olivia was Over There but not why or how she got back.... so it's very possible that he didn't 'power' their return.On the other hand... If he (a) didn't disappear then (b) didn't reappear in Olivia's consciousness --- would Olivia know Blue Lincoln from the case they did together when she was previously Belly?

It boggles the mind...

(redacted in case someone hasn't seen S4 eps yet)

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

Reviving this thread... since William Bell (or his essence) may become of prime importance in the plot now...

I thought the Observers were Fringe's trump-card mystery, but really, William Bell is the personality that hovers over the Fringe world, whether he's played in the flesh by Leonard Nimoy, or just as an absent character (either dead, presumed dead, or "in Europe seeking funding.")