9-15 & 9-16: "4 Chefs Compete/Winner Chosen" 2011.09.19

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

73 replies to this topic

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 11:20 PM

This was definitely one of my favorite final twos. I would have been happy with either of them winning.

How the heck did Carrie and Elise not fight?

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2011 @ 12:44 AM

It took awhile for me to get around to watching this finale on the DVR, which I think says everything about how I felt about this season generally.

I guess my final thoughts are:

1) vast disappointment that Elise didn't get the comeuppance I thought she deserved;

2) was it just me, or did Paul's "dead-Mom-edit" just come out of nowhere?; and

3) those clips of GR busting balls during the closing credits (especially Paul's high-voice and Tommy's girlfriend) really humanized him. They show might actually be more enjoyable if we got to see more of that along with the "come here you" and "donkey", etc.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2011 @ 10:52 AM

It took awhile for me to get around to watching this finale on the DVR, which I think says everything about how I felt about this season generally.

I guess my final thoughts are:

1) vast disappointment that Elise didn't get the comeuppance I thought she deserved;

2) was it just me, or did Paul's "dead-Mom-edit" just come out of nowhere?; and

3) those clips of GR busting balls during the closing credits (especially Paul's high-voice and Tommy's girlfriend) really humanized him. They show might actually be more enjoyable if we got to see more of that along with the "come here you" and "donkey", etc.

1. Agreed. I was waiting for her to be smacked down!

2. Yeah. I don't remember hearing anything about her until the final episodes.

3. I feel like the editing monkeys think try that they're doing that when they show clips of Gordon on the rewards. I'm not sure about their success rate on that.

AliasBatro

AliasBatro

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2011 @ 11:58 AM

Congratulations to Paul for his win...I would have been just as pleased had Will gone through the door...and I thought that for only the second time since season two there were two competent cooks in the finale instead of only one or, (*shudder*) having two culinary bozos bumble their way to the finish, as was the case the past two seasons.

Had Elise won, I would have s-canned everything Gordon Ramsay.

Edited by AliasBatro, Oct 1, 2011 @ 12:29 PM.

NoPity1066

NoPity1066

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2011 @ 3:15 PM

Had Elise won, I would have s-canned everything Gordon Ramsay.

I made the same vow during the first episode, AliasBatro, but knew in my heart that she wouldn't be chosen as the winner. If fact, one of my first comments here in this forum was directed to Elise, noting that "Hey, Elise - the bitch never, ever wins. Ever."

Sure, lots o' trauma and drama for the sake of ratings, so they keep on the miscreants and malcontents and shit-stirrers, but they never make it to the final two, let alone win. There's been a trend lately with the non-winners on these shows, like Carla of Top Chef, and the guy who came in 2nd place on Next Food Network Star, getting their own TV gigs because, despite their loss, they were just so personable and engaging that the public wanted more. Elise should have kept that in mind. All I can see her in now is one of those "A Bunch of Bad People in a Big House Acting Badly and Being Filmed" reality shows, or maybe a faux-celebrity mud wrestling special.

I should shut my mouth. She'll probably end up hosting "Dancing With the Stars" now.

Meh.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 2:17 PM

All I can see her in now is one of those "A Bunch of Bad People in a Big House Acting Badly and Being Filmed" reality shows, or maybe a faux-celebrity mud wrestling special.

She'll be on the Bad Girls Club....BCG season 10: Celebreality "Stars".

bunny with an axe

bunny with an axe

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 6:35 PM

AliasBatro and NoPity1066, I was thinking of your exchange today when I was watching one of the "Kitchen Nightmare" installments-- how can I take GR seriously, as he dresses down some cafe owner for "egotism, stubbornness, denial, and blame shifting," when he damn well rewards that behavior on HK every week?

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 6:50 PM

I don't believe for a minute that Jennifer left the food there. That food would have been a heck of a lot more disgusting if Jennifer had left the food there since she has been gone for awhile.

I thought it was clear Elise was joking when she said Jennifer left the food there. The food was left under the beds by the production staff.

I didn't think it was made clear to the audience at all that she was joking. Even if it were, it's still a hateful joke - misogynistic and a cheap fat joke. Nasty thing to do to someone who was nice to everyone all season.

NoPity1066

NoPity1066

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 9:16 AM

AliasBatro and NoPity1066, I was thinking of your exchange today when I was watching one of the "Kitchen Nightmare" installments-- how can I take GR seriously, as he dresses down some cafe owner for "egotism, stubbornness, denial, and blame shifting," when he damn well rewards that behavior on HK every week?

Good question, bunny with an axe ! I think GR has a meticulously crafted PR persona for each of his different shows - all 27 of them...

He's a bad bad guy on HK, a semi-bad guy on the various incarnations of KN, and a big fluffy bunny on Master Chef. He knows what sells, apparently, so keeping an Elise on HK for the drama is good for his bank balance. Don't get me wrong, I love our Shar-Pei faced chef, but after so many of his restaurants failed all over the world he's just trying to make a buck and stay relevant. I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank while he tries to remember which personality he has to put on.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 10:20 PM

If you want to talk about Gordon Ramsay in general, that's what the Gordon Ramsay thread is for. This thread is for discussion the finale episode. Please stay on-topic when posting. Thanks.

BroughtBackIn

BroughtBackIn

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

getawayjordan said:

Actually, Elise would be more like Exhibit Z. She is far from being the first villain of her kind.

Every Reality show needs a villain and in the world of Reality TV, villains are made - not born. Elise was just one in a long line of manufactured villains. Selected and carefully created in the editing room for the sole purpose of boosting the show's ratings.

See, that's what is wrong. Elise is not a manufactured villain in the least bit. I know her personally and she is WORSE in real life than has been portrayed here. Much, much worse.

Congrats Paul! You deserved it. I would have been happy either way.

Edited by BroughtBackIn, Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:30 PM.

ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

Elise just didn't seem like a good chef or team player at all to me. I always wanted to put my foot through my TV every time she talked. She should not have made it as far as she did.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

Anybody know if Paul kept the job?

33Diva

33Diva

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

He did, he's on Twitter @chefpauln He sometimes tweets while watching the show.