Sweet Genius

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

310 replies to this topic

floretbroccoli

floretbroccoli

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:38 PM

If he really was a professional dancer he's not eligible, alas.

olivia1

olivia1

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 7:13 PM

floretbroccoli I looked it up and he did dance professionally retiring in 1993 so I guess DWTS won't ever happen. What a shame.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:01 PM

Was it just me, or was tonight's group totally lame and uninspiring? Other than the guy's hula-hoop ..... and the winner left out a mandatory ingredient in the second round. Her stuff must have tasted really good otherwise.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:04 PM

double post

Edited by cooksdelight, Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:05 PM.

olivia1

olivia1

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:08 PM

No cooksdelight, I thought the same thing. All the stuff they made looked and sounded awful except I did like the pretty wedding cake the guy made. It must have tasted terrible though with the chunks of asparagus.

Edited by olivia1, Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:09 PM.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 4:19 AM

Was it just me, or was tonight's group totally lame and uninspiring?

Not only were they uninspiring, but I couldn't wait for the first 2 who got eliminated to be off my screen. I found both of them to be incredibly annoying.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 11:22 PM

Was it just me, or was tonight's group totally lame and uninspiring? Other than the guy's hula-hoop ..... and the winner left out a mandatory ingredient in the second round. Her stuff must have tasted really good otherwise.

This was the worst group ever. Three flourless chocolate cake and hard old chocolate ravioli? The last one standing wasn't a sweet genius, she just won bc the other ones sucked more than she did. This is the first time Ron Ben Israel (Is this right? I'm blanking on the name, lol) called out all of the bad tastes and he almost gaged on the ketchup/blueberry/something else bbq sauce. The gal who was eliminated in the candy round had the most unappetizing plate. This show should have been scrapped. Then the guy who was the second runner up gave an exit speech about how awesome he was??? They all sucked hard.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 11:18 AM

We're behind on a lot of 'our shows,' but watched the Velociraptor episode last night.

We thought the eliminations shaped up about on time. Tossup over the final two contestants, but, with Chef Ron, you can't make a boring cake. Especially with a predator as your inspiration. And we liked the 'claw' the one guy made. But, how was it safe to make uncooked things like tuile or buttercream with the raw eggs in them? I thought raw egg was not safe to eat?

The guy who won seemed very happy about it and so we were happy for him.

Thought his idea to make toffee in the candy round instead of anything that needed to freeze or be on the anti griddle was brilliant. Why hasn't someone done that before? Then he made a beautiful artsy looking stackable out of it. With something else going on in there besides (I didn't catch what it was - blackberry jam or something?)

We're so tired of ganache and other forms of pudding in a cup or poop on a plate, though. For the love of pete, someone with this show do something about that, PLEASE.

Neeney

Neeney

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 7:09 PM

Does anybody know if they're doing another season of this? I love RBI.

If they do bring it back, I hope they do different "tests" as those ones they had for the past two seasons just seem a bit worthless.

austentatious

austentatious

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 6, 2013 @ 11:54 PM

I watched the first show from the first season last week and smiled at how stern Ron Ben-Israel was. They changed that up for the next season.

I wonder which is the real Ron. His smile is so easy I think it's the latter.

I like the kinder, gentler Ron personally. I'm not sure how he can keep it up for some of those creations, though.

I, too, hope it comes back for a new season.

Neeney

Neeney

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 10:18 AM

I'm thinking it's probably the latter, too. At least I hope so. I enjoy him so much! :)

I watch just for him, since this past season was a bit of a trainwreck, but I still want it to come back!