Up All Night

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

778 replies to this topic

CapsChick

CapsChick

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

I hope you were saying most of this in jest.

I wasn't. Mileage varies.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:39 PM

While I don't think Chris was a douche for pressuring Reagan, he clearly wasn't thinking. One, he shouldn't have tried to have a conversation about something important while she was drunk. Where did he expect that to lead? Two, he should've attempted to have another conversation while both were sober before pulling out the pictures and the fedora. Taking back the clothes wasn't cool. He also didn't have to be so weird about. It's a sitcom so that's expected.

Don't like the new additions. It's like a completely different show when they are around. Besides the fact that they are annoying. Another not all there boss and her lackey. And they just bring out more of Reagan's crazy.

That whole Ava with a little sister was one of the worst B plots I've ever seen. No point. The whole thing fell flat for me. The lackey and his little brother just seemed so fake. I didn't buy it for one second.

I wasn't a fan of the most recent episode. One, I took I wasn't feeling HW's chatacter at all. Two, the resolution to that SL wasn't good IMO. Three, why couldn't Reagan have an adult conversation with her husband about how she felt? Clearly, it meant a lot to him. I'm sure they could've worked something out that left them both happy. I did like Chris calling out her on what she did at the end and then saying he was so in love with her.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Wow, a good episode tonight, also refreshingly free of Luke and Yvonne. This is what I've said all along, that if they want male characters on the show, then they should show Chris hanging out with his friends, instead of inserting a weirdo boss into the talk show. I was worried that Regan was going to get annoying freaking out over Amy walking, but she was mostly not too bad, and Amy was adorable. I liked that Regan seemed to learn to get along with the neighbor too. Julian was funny, and I liked Ava sleeping in the dog bed. Stevie Nicks was cool. If they do plots like this, then I'll miss Jason Lee less.

I really hope they keep Luke and Yvonne away for good.

Edited by Cress, Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:04 PM.

BeenHere

BeenHere

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:21 AM

This episode reminded me of the earlier ones. I am glad they got rid of Luke and Yvonne. They don't need to explain why they are gone. We can pretend they never existed. Perhaps Reagan dreamt it all. Glad to see Ava and Reagan being in charge of their show again.

BookThief

BookThief

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

This episode reminded me of the earlier ones. I am glad they got rid of Luke and Yvonne. They don't need to explain why they are gone. We can pretend they never existed. Perhaps Reagan dreamt it all. Glad to see Ava and Reagan being in charge of their show again.

This prompted me to check next week's episode description. Looks like we'll be seeing Luke again (I'm not glad about it either!):

Chris becomes jealous when Reagan starts working more closely with Luke (Steven Pasquale); Ava hires a trainer (Fred Armisen) after learning her rival (Megan Mullally) will be competing against her in a run for charity.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

Aw, crap. Do the writers even know who much we hate Luke and Yvonne, and the whole direction of the show since then?

CapsChick

CapsChick

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 6:04 AM

This was the best ep in a while - neither Chris nor Reagan were annoying and they seemed more like the fun couple from early on. I like the eps with more Amy, because she is super-cute and seems to being out the best in Chris and Reagan. I like when the work stuff (and the annoying assistant) is kept minimal. I'm amused that Chris' beer league is apparently a checking/hitting league.

Sorry to learn that more stupid office shenanigans are forthcoming. I like Steven Pasquale, but not here.

Edited by CapsChick, Mar 31, 2012 @ 6:05 AM.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

I agree that this was a good episode. I smiled throughout most of this, laughed out loud a few times and loved all the scenes with Amy. It was cute when Stevie Nicks commanded the attention of Amy and Avian.

Lol that Chris is getting better looking and she kind of hates him for it. So true.

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

I liked the latest episode, and I actually feel kind of relieved about it. Even Luke was tolerable. Fred Armisen didn't grate on my nerves, which I thought was a sure thing when I saw he was going to be in it. Good episode, IMO.

I wish they had more scenes with Reagan, Chris, and Amy. I love those family scenes, love seeing how the baby actually likes Will Arnett and Christina Applegate.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

I didn't like this episode. Way too much stuff was going on.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

Wow, how many good shows has Megan Mullally been showing up on this year? I did love that, while Maya Rudolph is wonderfully free of vanity, it was impossible to make Megan look like crap at the end, despite the make-up artists' valiant efforts.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

• Interests:Television, Dogs, Languages, Music, Imaginary Hallucinations, Being Weird

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

I've really liked the last few episodes. Apparently the writers want me to remember the show fondly after all. I'm still astonished about how bad the ratings are. I really thought moving it to Thursdays after The Office would do the show some good, but by now Whitney seems to have better chances to be picked up for another season. I'm pretty sure next week will be the series finale. I cannot imagine NBC renewing it with these ratings and unlike Community or 30 Rock it's no cult hit. Oh well, I will miss Ava, Missy, Chris and Reagan (in exactly that order).

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

Aw, I hope it gets renewed. I really like this show. Love the chemistry that Will Arnett and Christina Applegate have together. Love Amy. Really, minus Luke, I love the whole cast. Last week's episode and the previous one was really good. Maybe this show would do better on ABC Wednesday nights? This is actually the only show on NBC I watch aside from SVU.

Edited by tvallthetime, Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:48 PM.

FranciePants

FranciePants

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

I'm glad this show is back on track too. I don't watch much NBC otherwise (I am Bravo's bitch): how heavily is it promoted by the network? I would think given the relatively big names of its stars it's a fairly expensive show?

tsukata

tsukata

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

Two different shows I watch featured major cast members running a 10K for charity: this one, and New Girl. Both times, it was woefully unrealistic in lots of respects. That's okay. I suspend disbelief. Still, it cracks me up that both shows decided to make it a 10K specifically. Most people for their first race do a 5K. Most people who train for more than that jump to a half-marathon. A 10K tends to be mainly filled with people who are in training for a longer race or who are very competitive at that distance. You rarely if ever see a "fun charity 10K". There will be a 5K run/walk for charity and maybe a 10K (or even 8K) as a secondary race. Or, you'll see a half marathon with a 5K along with it.

It almost made me wonder if there was some sort of 10K done that the writers of these shows participated in. It's just so odd of a choice and also for both shows to have a 10K episode airing in the same timeframe.

Two different shows I watch featured major cast members running a 10K for charity: this one, and New Girl. Both times, it was woefully unrealistic in lots of respects. That's okay. I suspend disbelief. Still, it cracks me up that both shows decided to make it a 10K specifically. Most people for their first race do a 5K. Most people who train for more than that jump to a half-marathon. A 10K tends to be mainly filled with people who are in training for a longer race or who are very competitive at that distance. You rarely if ever see a "fun charity 10K". There will be a 5K run/walk for charity and maybe a 10K (or even 8K) as a secondary race. Or, you'll see a half marathon with a 5K along with it.

It almost made me wonder if there was some sort of 10K done that the writers of these shows participated in. It's just so odd of a choice and also for both shows to have a 10K episode airing in the same timeframe.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

I don't think the show's on the right track, not with the lame Luke storyline. I only liked the last few episodes that I guess were filmed before then. If they're going to continue in this Luke/Yvonne vein, I might just have to give up, despite my love for Will Arnett. It's more off-putting than his show with Kerri Russell, in which I at least enjoyed the daughter and Will's frenemy neighbor.

GBB

GBB

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

I just legitimately bawled my eyes out.

And Kevin's back! Feels like the show is back too.

ninakix

ninakix

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

I really enjoyed tonight's episode, looks like they are backpedaling a bit. "I didn't leave the right way" indeed.

Never liked Will Arnett till now, I'm practically swooning.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Awwwwwww.My allergies were definitely acting up...

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

I don't think I've ever cried at a TV proposal before, but Christina Applegate acted the hell out of that scene and once Will Arnett joined in with the singing, I lost it. I also liked how they finally showed their life as it appears in the opening credits - partying all night, hungover in the morning with the baby there.

whywatch

whywatch

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

Sweet, sweet season (I hope) finale. I was so glad to see Kevin back. I wish Jason Lee could stick around.

I said out loud "Tylers?" when Chris said something about Bonnie Tylers--then sure enough, Bonnie Tylers!

I'm glad Grammy woke up and caught Reagan. I could already imagine the TWoPers talking about it being another instance of Reagan being a horrible person. I don't think I've ever realized that I watch tv through a TWoP-colored lens before.

Edited by whywatch, Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:56 AM.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:24 AM

Gawd, I am such a sucker for proposals. Seeing a whole bar of people sing their song so that he could propose again made me cry, like the sap that I am. I don't doubt that they love each other, but it's nice to see a couple make the time to remember the early days of their relationship. And compared to Reagan's original drunken proposal, this one was way better - so sweet!

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:09 AM

Aww. That was such a sweet episode. Reagan's original proposal to Chris was hilarious. I loved seeing it from each of their perspectives. I also really like any scene that involves seeing Chris and Reagan pre-Amy. I don't know why but seeing them as party animals makes me like them so much - they seem so realistic for a TV couple. The final proposal was so sweet and daggy too.

The final scene with Amy was gorgeous. That baby is a total winner. I especially love how she seems to genuinely love Christina Applegate and Will Arnett, it's so sweet.

BeenHere

BeenHere

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

I liked the proposal, Ava constantly calling Will to help her and Grammy waking up to stop Reagan from stealing her earring. I ain't happy about the return of Kevin. I prefer Ava with Julian. I like his club themes. How many clubs does he own?

EDIT: Grammy not granny

Edited by BeenHere, Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:13 PM.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

Aww. That was such a sweet episode. Reagan's original proposal to Chris was hilarious. I loved seeing it from each of their perspectives. I also really like any scene that involves seeing Chris and Reagan pre-Amy. I don't know why but seeing them as party animals makes me like them so much - they seem so realistic for a TV couple. The final proposal was so sweet and daggy too. The final scene with Amy was gorgeous. That baby is a total winner. I especially love how she seems to genuinely love Christina Applegate and Will Arnett, it's so sweet.

I agree with all of this.

I was glad to have Kevin back.

I really hope this show gets renewed. They are right on track with the latest episodes.

Amy is ridiculously cute.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

This was a good season finale, especially since there was no Luke or Yvonne even mentioned, let alone seen. If they stay away from next season, then I'll be happy.

Julian is really turning out great, considering that he was a sleazy creep when he started on the show. He's still sleazy as far as his clubs go, but he's turning out to have a sweet side, what with getting Ava a dog and helping her reunite with Kevin. (He apparently still thought he could be Ava's "side piece".) I like him about as much as I liked the frenemy neighbor in Running Wilde. He's like the lecherous Gob character who can occasionally surprise you. He should stay on, definitely, regardless of whether Kevin stays.

I did like that Ava and Kevin realized they didn't need to rush into a proposal yet. Especially since the last episode he was on, they had a fight about him never wanting to get married again. He needs at least a few episodes for me to be convinced that he really changed his mind about marriage.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

• Interests:Television, Dogs, Languages, Music, Imaginary Hallucinations, Being Weird

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:57 PM

That was a pretty good finale, the last few episodes actually were really good and funny. I think I will miss the show should it not return. I still want my all-Missy episode. I thought it was so cute when Chris finally had the chance to do his big romantic proposal for Reagan and I think Christina Applegate played her pleasant shock about how much Chris had arranged quite well. Her actual proposal was priceless as well though, especially seen from Chris' perspective. I liked Jason Lee's return. I hope they'll promote him to series regular if the show returns, because I couldn't take it if he disappeared again. I also wouldn't mind seeing more of Julian, I kinda hated him when he appeared first, but in his last two episodes, he made me gently laugh.

TOL

TOL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:18 AM

I've watched this episode twice; I usually do because Will Arnett's lines speed by. But my favorite line was Ava's when she added an explanation about why she was seasonally "hirsute".

I love these people, and hope they hurry back!

TobinAlbers

TobinAlbers

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

But my favorite line was Ava's when she added an explanation about why she was seasonally "hirsute".

I was so glad they didn't do the traditional 'Oh noes! I saw so and so naked!' storyline where everyone is awkward, Reagan wonders why, then they reveal Chris saw Ava naked. Chris was just like 'Eww, whatevs' turned around and then when he saw her lower half still exposed, he turned back around with an exasperated eye roll and that was it.

Chris Diamantopoulos is a versatile actor, LOL. From season 8 of 24 as a straight up duplicitous White House exec to the Three Stooges and Up All Night. I can also see how he and his wife Becki Newton hooked up because they're similar eggs in going all out for their comedy.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:46 AM

He's married to Becki Newton? I liked her recent Love Bites show. I didn't realize he was in the Three Stooges movie either.