2 Broke Girls

• Please log in to reply

2249 replies to this topic

Utica

Utica

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 2:37 AM

First episode I remember without Han, Earl, Oleg, and Sophie.

Bye bye chef and pastry school.  Knew it wouldn't last to graduation. Now the new added cast characters are Deke's parents. They'll last a while before the show heads in a new direction.  Guess that's the formula.

Put a fork in the show, it's done.

CBS is making this show their lead in Monday primetime spot in a few weeks. 

Edited by Utica, Mar 25, 2014 @ 2:38 AM.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 8:33 AM

Who plays Deke's dad ?

charlieboo

charlieboo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 9:02 AM

Am I the only person who was totally distracted by Deke's enormous moobs?  He was giving Max a run for her money there.

edoug

edoug

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 9:07 AM

Curb Your Enthusiasm's Jeff Garlin played Deke's  father.

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 9:26 AM

Deke's mom was basically Max, including boobs and everything...

Yeah I was like ewww with the sweaty armpits... 

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 10:27 AM

Garlin has a regular gig on The Goldbergs on ABC; no way is he going to be a regular on this show as well.

So Deke's mom tells a lifelong secret to Max, whom she has known for all of five minutes? Does that mean she kept up that countess act for Deke's whole life?

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 10:57 AM

Not only that but because she told everyone Mom's secret, the son gets no money if he doesn't ditch Max... very soap opery?

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 11:18 AM

Okay, I thought I was seeing things because I knew he was the dad on 'The Goldbergs'  Wonder why they did that?

qtpye

qtpye

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 11:24 AM

Deke's mom was basically Max, including boobs and everything...

The housekeeper was much more classy, but I guess that fits in with her character.  I love the leads...I wish they were on a better show.

gazebo

gazebo

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 11:36 AM

Seriously, Max and Caroline are going to push Deke's dumpster all the way back to where his parents live????

Our 2 Broke Girls are AMAZING!!!!!

I think I seriously love this show!

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 12:44 PM

Because like the show the way is downhill and the several tons dumpster is easy to push

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 2:39 PM

I felt sorry for Max in this episode. She was so desperately out of her league. I thought the mom talking to her would have helped her calm down, but it didn't, so what was the point of their little talk? When mom said she stopped charging the father after the third time, I thought she was saying she had been a prostitute, but maybe that was a side business.

Kat Dennings still has bodacious ta-tas.

theatremouse

theatremouse

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 3:57 PM

When mom said she stopped charging the father after the third time, I thought she was saying she had been a prostitute, but maybe that was a side business.

I thought that at first too, except it doesn't make sense with her comment about being a "dancer" specifically. So then I just assumed (and my knowledge of strip clubs is limited to what I see in movies, so if this makes no sense, somebody let me know), she meant like lap dances or something? Like maybe, you pay to get in, you pay for your drinks or food or whatever, and maybe you tip, but otherwise, there's nothing to pay once inside. But lap dances are extra? In which case, she might've stopped charging him for that? I can't believe I'm trying to make sense of this. This plot point managed to be completely over the top, yet still trite.

Edited by theatremouse, Mar 25, 2014 @ 3:57 PM.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 8:49 PM

But lap dances are extra? In which case, she might've stopped charging him for that? I can't believe I'm trying to make sense of this. This plot point managed to be completely over the top, yet still trite.

Oh yes, lap dances are extra.  Or, ah, so I've heard.  Also, I'm told they cost even more in the Private/VIP Room.  That I learned from listening to Chris Rock.

Kat Dennings still has bodacious ta-tas.

But Deke is giving her a run for the money, heh.

Edited by Winston Wolfe, Mar 25, 2014 @ 8:53 PM.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 11:27 AM

So are they writing Deke off the show too? I got a kick out of Max being so nervous to meet his parents and blurting out "I eat soup" when she didn't know what to say. I also think "Trapped. Trapped like rats" was a direct homage to The Wizard of Oz.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:30 AM

This was actually one of the better episodes for me in a long time.  Caroline was really supportive of Max and I actually felt bad for her.  And Max standing up for Caroline was nice too.  

Nina

Nina

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 11:06 PM

Oh, Lindsay, what have you done to your face? She looked about the same age as Jennifer Coolidge.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 3:32 AM

Yeah, I kept thinking she almost looked old enough to be Beth and Kat's mother, when in fact they're all around the same age.  Also, Lindsay had no pace or comedic timing.  She delivered all her lines quickly, like a meth addict or something.  And what was the deal taking an open wedding cake on the dirty, filthy NY subway?  Germ-a-phobe that I am, the girls would have forefitted their $1,300 delivering my food like that.  I don't know Jack about the pastry business, but there should have been some kind of wrap or cover or something for that thing. 

Edited by Winston Wolfe, Apr 15, 2014 @ 10:03 AM.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 4:59 AM

Yeah, the cake should be in a box, and delivered in a van. I guess that would have ruined all the "comedy", though.  Also, I find Sophie totally unattractive, so I didn't need to hear about her waxing her 'lower eyebrows'.  Ugh.

theatremouse

theatremouse

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 9:55 AM

There have been other episodes before when they had them on the subway for a delivery and it's irritated me every time. It's a paid gig. You charge the customer for delivery and get proper transportation. The scene and consequences were not funny enough (to me not funny at all really) to merit hoisting this idiotic premise on us in multiple episodes. If their only source for "comedy" is completely idiotic, they need to try harder.

I'm also baffled as to how LL had more natural delivery when she was 10 years old than now. Most people get better at acting as time goes by. Although, I guess she hasn't worked much so she's probably not benefiting at all from the "doing this for years".

qtpye

qtpye

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 11:09 AM

I have heard a lot of addicts stop maturing or get stunted when they start their addiction...so you have a grown woman who acts like a 14 year old. I think LL has squandered every opportunity that has come her way and from what I heard about her behavior on the set, this was no exception.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 12:30 PM

Lohan seemed like she was channeling Rachel from the current season of Amazing Race - just as annoying.

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 12:34 PM

Loved that Stephanie Courtney,  aka  'Flo' character in the Progressive Insurance commercials,  played the wedding planner.

Edited by sheetmoss, Apr 15, 2014 @ 12:38 PM.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 12:51 PM

Yeah, I noticed that too, and she was kind of funny.  It looks like the move to 8:00 pm anchor status means a lot of stunt casting.  Although next week's previews with Hal Linden were more than cringe worthy.

gazebo

gazebo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 1:38 PM

I actually thought Lindsay wasn't too bad.  This was better than her guest starring role in Charlie Sheen's "Anger Management" show.  She was actually able to pick up the pace and tempo of this fast paced show and at some points she was actually funny.  Unfortunately, she still comes across as slightly uncomfortable.  All in all, it wasn't bad.

Kat Dannings looked stunning in that wedding gown.  She really is a beautiful young woman.

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 2:17 PM

No 'woooo' entrance for Sophie and the return of proper Maxoline sub-text! Best ep in aaaaaags.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 7:30 AM

They delivered their cupcakes via subway AGAIN?

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 9:11 AM

Worse, a big-ass wedding cake, carried on a giant piece of cardboard.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 10:26 AM

Kat Dannings looked stunning in that wedding gown.  She really is a beautiful young woman.

She truly is gorgeous.  The hopeless romantic in me can't help but think that every guy wants a bride like that standing across from them on his wedding day.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 11:06 AM

I agree she's gorgeous, but no way in hell would she come close to fitting into a dress meant for Lohan.