Lincoln Potter, AUSA: So Close to Busting SAMCRO, and Yet So Far

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

11 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 10:39 AM

Potter is an interesting addition to the mix in Charming. Heís built a pretty impressive War Room, and has reached out to the Sheriff. I have a fondness for the actor dating back to his appearance as the minister on Deadwood, but itís too early to tell if heís on the up-and-up, or if heís as corrupt as Stahl was.

I found a small article in the Arkansas Times, with a detail about the character I didnít pick up on (since my knowledge of motorcycles stops at knowing they exist):

Somehow the news that McKinnon had been cast as the show's new gubmint villain Assistant U.S. Attorney Lincoln Potter slipped past us (how do we know for sure he's a villain? Because in a show full of Harleys, he rides a British Triumph).

BabyAngelPants

BabyAngelPants

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2011 @ 8:41 PM

Chocolate milk - found it hysterical...

Also dig that he rides a Triumph bike - not a Harley, but super respected among moto-enthusiast circles. Nice work, production designers - my ducati and I tip our collective hats to you

Edited by BabyAngelPants, Sep 14, 2011 @ 8:42 PM.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2011 @ 10:52 PM

I enjoy how freaky he is. He's like the Stephen King character from S3. Just ambiguous and weird.

momallrat

momallrat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 3:43 AM

I honestly believe that Linc is totally on the up and up. He's too quirky not to be. From the Triumph cycle to the chocolate milk, Sutter has gone out of his way to write a character that's so neurotic you automatically think he has to be hiding something. Therefore, it wouldn't be any sort of twist for him to be evil. I think the twists for the character are going to come in when the show gets into his reasons for being a U.S. Attorney.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 3:03 PM

Yeah, I agree that it would be gilding the lily to make him bent in addition to his oddity.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 7:58 PM

I loved the discussion he had with the sheriff after finding the bodies at the development site. Then Mayor Hale walked up and started whining and throwing his weight around, and Lincoln just greeted him and walked straight away. The sheriff must have been very envious at that point.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 2:39 PM

Booooo, having another cop who seldom enforces the law and breaks most of them. Booooo.

Edited by thatguy01, Oct 21, 2011 @ 10:29 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 8:49 PM

Yes, Iím really disappointed, too. Itís starting to look a lot like the Stahl plots, but with different Sons being pressured, and a slightly less crazy and more organized fed. I could deal with the pressure on Juice to give up information, but not with entrapping him into a drug possession bust.

doomblade403x

doomblade403x

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 10:42 PM

If you missed it he also promised the Sheriff to write him out of a report. When one of the other feds told him he couldn't after Roosevelt left, he shut her up. This guy is crooked as a snake and will use any underhanded tactic he can use in order to get what he wants.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

But you gotta admit, his appearance at the town council meeting was pure, twisted genius.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Yes, that was a highlight of the episode for me, as well as his character arc.

TommyWalt

TommyWalt

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

The appearance at the town council meeting was superb...