Eli Roosevelt: There’s a New Sheriff in Town

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 10:33 AM

Roosevelt is not a guy who grew up in town, so he doesn’t have the same personal connections that most of the Charming lawmen have had. He’s also had experience with inner city gangs. We’ll have to see if the same strategies work for him as he works against the SoA.

I liked the first glimpse of him we got in this episode. He’s not interested in cozying up to the gang, but he also doesn’t seem interested in cozying up to Mayor Hale, who gave him the job. Given the chewing out he gave the deputy who got into a chase with the gang, it appears he’s willing to bide his time, and go for substance over style.

LazyBum1115

LazyBum1115

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 6:11 PM

Based on what we saw of him in “Out,” I think Roosevelt is going to be a great new character. We’ve never really gotten to see the club up against “a straight up cop” before. Unser has been in the MC’s pocket since day 1 and Stahl was evil. Hale tried to be a straight up cop, but often was either undermined by Unser or swayed by his personal connection with the people in the club. It should be interesting to see what adjustments the club has to make to navigate around the new sheriff.

Something that may cause problems down the road is that Roosevelt seems to be a smart adversary. That’s a bit of a double edged sword. On the one hand, if written well that will make for some great story telling, but, on the other hand, I’d hate to see a situation where they have to write him as doing something uncharacteristically stupid, so that SAMCRO can win in the end.

realitytvstar

realitytvstar

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

This is really getting good. I've been faithfully watching since ep 1. But just during this ep, I counted at least 6 story lines.

Gahhh! I have to keep watching so I don't lose any threads! :)