13-28: 2011.09.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

70 replies to this topic

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2011 @ 8:47 PM

It has to burn Rachel that Jordan got as far as she did and that Rachel carried her even after Jeff and Jordan voted Brendon out.

I think Rachel did do a lot of carrying Jordan, but she probably also recognizes that a lot of the help she's gotten in the game is because J/J are the chosen ones and she was aligned with them. So, they kinda even each other out. If Rachel loses though, she might decide to be pissed about it. Who knows, it's Rachel.

I actually think Rachel really likes Jordan and thinks they'll be besties outside of the show. I'm sure some of it is because she knows how popular Jordan is and she hopes that'll rub off on her, too. But, I think she'll be sad when they get out and her and Jordan aren't actually BFFs. Because I honestly can't see Jordan keeping in touch with Rachel for very long.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Sep 10, 2011 @ 8:48 PM.

lisalisajr

lisalisajr

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 1:43 PM

Imo Jordan has been threatened by Porsche all summer because Porsche is Jeff's type and he's mistaken one for the other. It so rubbed her the wrong way. She sees Porsche as some sort of femme fatale (which is funny) and always makes snide remarks about Porsche getting by on her looks & doing nothing which is rich coming from Jordan. She's a stealth bitch imo and she's got a lot of nerve talking about what little Porsche's done to deserve a win when she has to be the biggest bump on a log to ever win the game.

Sara2009

Sara2009

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 11:35 PM

I actually loved Jordan in this episode. IMO, she was completely sweet and classy at least at the end. She wasn't perfect, but I really admired her for admitting that Rachel deserved to be there over her. I don't think she feels threatened by or jealous of Porsche. Their personalities simply didn't click, and Jordan found her annoying. IIRC, a lot of the house guests felt the same way. That might have only been shown on the feeds, though.

I also didn't think her speech to Porsche was intentionally rude, and that she was simply admitting that the two of them hadn't talked much.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 8:34 AM

I thought Jordan's speech to Porsche was intentionally rude. The dead give-away for me was what she was saying was a bold-faced lie. She could have probably said Porsche liked coffee or something and I wouldn't have thought one way or other about it because it's not something I would have been able to verify from watching the show, but it was pretty clear that Porsche would wrap bathrobes around her bikinis while hosting competitions.

I don't know if Jordan actually dislikes Porsche in a big way, but judging from the content of the speech, it did strike me as intentionally rude given the falsity of what Jordan was saying.

Porsche seemed to take it much more stride than I would have.

Up until that point, I probably thought Jordan was good-natured enough. Now, not so much. If she does dislike Porsche for being annoying or weird and if Jordan simply doesn't have a filter on her mouth, then most likely I think she would have said she thought Porsche was weird. Instead, she threw out the bikini comment which was out from left field. I can't recall Porsche wearing bikinis all the time, but I'm pretty sure I came across some link on one of those Big Brother fan sites pointing to Jordan dancing around in lingerie, but everyone was kind enough not to say she likes prancing around in her underpants.

Edited by DS1, Sep 12, 2011 @ 8:36 AM.

SHP

SHP

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 12:35 PM

In the jukebox veto comp, Jordan's answer to "Took Jeff's place on the block" was "Jeff." Um...I mean...well, I guess, technically, that IS correct. I have no ill will towards the girl, but what a dingbat. But then again, if we all saw life as simply as Jordan does, we'd probably be a lot happier.

Edited by SHP, Sep 12, 2011 @ 6:17 PM.

Arya Snark

Arya Snark

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 1:04 PM

thought Jordan's speech to Porsche was intentionally rude. The dead give-away for me was what she was saying was a bold-faced lie. She could have probably said Porsche liked coffee or something and I wouldn't have thought one way or other about it because it's not something I would have been able to verify from watching the show, but it was pretty clear that Porsche would wrap bathrobes around her bikinis while hosting competitions.

Porsche has made the same joke about herself in the past, so that's probably why she wasn't too bothered by it. But it is a shame that Jordan didn't know anything else about the girl.

Sara2009

Sara2009

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 2:11 PM

Porsche has made the same joke about herself in the past, so that's probably why she wasn't too bothered by it.

Thank you. I could've sworn that I'd heard references about Porsche liking bikinis in the past, but I couldn't recall the context.

I'm not saying that Jordan doesn't have her rude moments. She does, but so does everyone else. Sometimes I honestly think Jordan doesn't have a filter when talking to people, but that doesn't make her a rude or mean person by nature. Despite her faults, I think Jordan is by far the nicest reality contestant I've ever watched on television. Porsche's done things far worse than she has.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 4:06 PM

I don't think Jordan is the meanest person ever, but I don't think she's the nicest either.

She just seems like an average person to me. I initially thought her pleasantness made her stand out, but after seeing her in these last couple of episodes she now just strikes me as being ....average. An average person. Average in every way (which is fine. I don't expect people on Big Brother to set the world on fire. However, I don't see anything particularly special about her niceness, which she has been lauded for. Some people have a certain specialness about their niceness, but I've realized she's more in line with an average kind of niceness - nice when it suits her and prone to being shocked when she underestimates the abilities of others .)

She's nice compared to Rachel. But then again so are most of the people I've come across.

Edited by DS1, Sep 12, 2011 @ 4:18 PM.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 4:22 PM

I'll grant she may be the nicest person to make it as far as she did. Jason from BB3 was pretty nice, so was Chicken George.

I think it's combination of both sweet and dim/naive that endears her to people.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 8:43 AM

but it was pretty clear that Porsche would wrap bathrobes around her bikinis while hosting competitions.

Wasn't it just for that one competition where the backyard had been turned into a bathtub? I thought the bathrobe was just keeping with the theme of the game.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 10:01 AM

Wasn't it just for that one competition where the backyard had been turned into a bathtub? I thought the bathrobe was just keeping with the theme of the game.

I'm not sure, but it's the only time I can actually recall her in one....and she was covered.

It seemed that most of the time she was running around in velour track suits which I probably wore in the third grade.

This season, I can't actually think of anyone who went out of their way to show up in a bikini, whereas in past seasons it's been much more prominent (i.e Jen and Daniele's season.) Usually you'll see people show up in the diary room with wet hair, but it doesn't seem like that happened much this season.

Edited by DS1, Sep 13, 2011 @ 10:04 AM.