13-27: 2011.09.07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

73 replies to this topic

cheetahchirps

cheetahchirps

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 10:39 AM

I disliked Jordan's pandering vote to keep Kalia, and from the way she and Rachel looked together while sitting on the couch, I'm sure Rachel was fuming. I fervently hope that Jordan doesn't make it to the final so she can cash in on all the "goodwill" she earned by not offending anybody. Now that Adam is stepping up to the plate, I hope he puts her up and Rachel gets rid of the coattail hanger after winning the veto. I don't want Porsche in the final, but Jordan would be even more of a travesty.

I liked Jeff reaming Shelly out, even though it made him look like a d-bag. For once her arguments were ineffective. I also think he's better-looking now for some reason. Maybe he's one of those guys who looks more attractive when they're pissed. I also enjoyed Brendon's amusement while watching the feuding.

DAngelus

DAngelus

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 10:50 AM

I think the idea that a vet would have an advantage in a Vet-Newbie final is wrong; Daniele has to be considered a "Newbie", she sees their victories as her accomplishments. So it's really 4-3 newbies on that Jury; Rachel and Jordan have to take each other (and Rachel has to hope that Dani and Kalia can put the hateful goodbye messages aside [wtf is she thinking?] and not vote to give Jeff's ego a boost and Jordan a second $500 K).

Adam made the right move in not Diane-ing Jordan out of the game. She's less of a threat in the F3 than Porsche is, and he didn't believe Kalia's "newbies to the end!" rhetoric, given that she and Dani were the leaders of Week 3's "Evict Adam" push (after the "backdoor Jeff" push failed). Porsche saved him that week and he has reason to think she'd take him to the F2; Kalia would just as much worry about not pissing off the veteran voters (who had been aligned with Adam, not her) and be likely to dump him. This way he hasn't pissed off the vets, and he probably beats Porsche (she'd get Dani and Kalia's votes, but what others?) in a jury vote, and will beat Rachel/Jordan if Dani can convince Kalia not to hold a grudge. (I'm sure Jeff would say that Dani could convince Kalia to eat clown shoes, but I'll reserve judgment on that issue.)

With three comp wins (two of them legit), Adam is in fact leaving pure "floater" status behind. If he wins the Veto or the final HoH, and ends up only one comp win behind Rachel (yes, Jeff threw him a Veto, but Rachel had one HoH thrown to her as well, and one Veto was a joint win with Brendon), he'll have a pretty strong argument for the jury. As Rachel said "Give that boy a Tori…" and he steps up his game.

Jeff is still bitter (hey, it's two weeks for us, but it's only been a week for him), but I can't truly hate him for calling out Shelly on her B.S. Surrrre, Shelly would have been loyal to Rachel and Jordan 100%…just as Shelly was loyal to the last "_ and Jordan" pair she pledged to. And Shelly says that if she kept the "Final Four" deal she would have finished "no better than I did now"? Pretty sure fourth is better than sixth, Shellster. You might want to get Jordan to check your math.

If Shelly evicts Rachel, Porsche wins HoH, the duo twist returns, the Veto is shooting basketballs (or something Jeff-geared) and Jeff wins it…I'm pretty sure J/J would have kept Shelly over Adam. Then Jeff wins the doughnut HoH, wins Otev again (as he did in S11), and Kalia goes home. I think Shelly's looking at F3 there; yes, she's up against J/J unless Porsche wins the final Veto, but that just means she's got to win the last HoH. I wouldn't bitch too much about a strategy that requires you to win a grand total of one comp to get the half-mill. JMO.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:17 PM

Loved watching Kalia cry. Too funny. And Shelly getting all indignant that RaJo didn't believe her. HAH!

valandsend

valandsend

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 1:16 PM

I liked how Julie tried to point out that the difference between "clown shoes" and "clown shoe" is that "clown shoe" is two words.

Did Julie's instructions say that the answers would be based on verbatim comments by the fortune teller? Because I can understand thinking the answer was still true if Julie dropped the word "female" from Keith hitting on "all 27 contestants" and "legally" from Dick "changing his name." The meaning is essentially the same.

Oh, and I guess everyone was wearing new cloths from the "shopping spree," but I suppose Kalia is planning to return hers because she left the tag on. Hee (silly little pleasure here) get dressed up in new clothes to be on Tell-O-Vision and forget to cut the tag off.

Didn't Adam also have a tag showing during the veto competition? Between that and Kalia not cutting off hers, I wondered if production had hidden all the knives.

Uncle Chuck

Uncle Chuck

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 2:22 PM

Yes, winning a question competition against such intellectual powerhouses was a feat that will go down in Big Brother history
LOL...absolutely...Rachel and/or Kahlia would have smoked him

Both Rachel and Kalia could have done very well against Adam, but they could NOT have "smoked him" as he scored a perfect six out of six answers correct. They might have narrowly squeaked out a victory in a tie-breaker, but give the guy some credit--his answers were perfect--he did not win by a score of 3-1-1.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 3:20 PM

Is it just me, or did Jordan look confused or like 'what the hell did I just do' after she chose to evict Porsche? It looked like she had been debating whether to keep Kalia and Porsche and she wasn't even sure after she voted Porsche out.

Fallacy

Fallacy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 3:49 PM

This is the Jeff I've always liked. . He is perfectly capable of having a sense of humor about it.

Brendon is actually pretty endearing in this clip as well, which again makes me wonder why Brenchel is awful together, but great individually. She gets whiny around him, and he gets defensive around her, and it sucks to watch. But apart, she gets more confidence and he gets more relaxed. The person you marry is supposed to motivate you to be the best version of yourself you can be, I think, but in their case they bring out the worst in each other.

I still want Rachel to win this game because I think she deserves it more than Jordan, Adam, or Porsche put together, but I'm not a member of the jury.

Edited by Fallacy, Sep 8, 2011 @ 3:49 PM.

wigglepuppy

wigglepuppy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 4:22 PM

How come there is a camera in the toilet? I always assumed that the showers and toilets were off limits. I'm also assuming that Kalia thought that as well. To me it seemed that the reason she went into the toilet to cry is that she thought she would be 100% alone.

I am so grossed out that there is a camera in there! I mean the poor producer who has to watch the toilet cam! Barf!

BigRedCheese

BigRedCheese

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:05 PM

I think my favorite part was when Shelly said she had been afraid about coming into the jury house, and Dani said something like, "don't worry, I'm here." I never really liked her, mostly because she's the spawn of Dick, but I really like how once she was voted out, the game was over for her, and she's just going to enjoy herself in the jury house and not get worked up over what might have been. The game played out the way it played out, and there's nothing she can do about it now.

I also liked that Shelly shut Jeff down with "if you don't understand, that's ok, you dont' have to." You could tell Jeff would sit there and pout over it for hours if she hadn't refused to discuss it. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Shelly had asked Jeff about his opinion on Dumbledore, he really would have blew his top, lol.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:15 PM

Didn't Adam also have a tag showing during the veto competition? Between that and Kalia not cutting off hers, I wondered if production had hidden all the knives.

His shirt was turned inside out to conceal a logo (probably a vinyl Nike swoosh or an UnderArmour design).

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:18 PM

Actually, yes! Ever since season two when Justin put a knife to Krista's throat, the houseguests have not been allowed to have knives in the house. Though I had thought at least scissors were allowed.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:35 PM

I'm wondering if Rachel, who seems to have an almost photographic memory, coached Adam and Jordan before the HoH comp?

Well she coached Jordan all evening and Adam joined them for a while.

This is the Jeff I've always liked. He is perfectly capable of having a sense of humor about it.

Still seems pretty bitter to me - since that was shot before Shelly showed up and we all saw how "over it" he really was. But thanks for the clip because I did love how while Jeff was painting HIS $500K flying away, she pointed out that he still came out $15K ahead of her and Brendon. Ha!!

Is it just me, or do Brendon and Rachel BOTH seem better without the other?

Completely. It's really bizzare.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:36 PM.

tvisunderated14

tvisunderated14

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 6:58 PM

Adam made the right move in not Diane-ing Jordan out of the game. She's less of a threat in the F3 than Porsche is, and he didn't believe Kalia's "newbies to the end!" rhetoric, given that she and Dani were the leaders of Week 3's "Evict Adam" push (after the "backdoor Jeff" push failed). Porsche saved him that week and he has reason to think she'd take him to the F2; Kalia would just as much worry about not pissing off the veteran voters (who had been aligned with Adam, not her) and be likely to dump him. This way he hasn't pissed off the vets, and he probably beats Porsche (she'd get Dani and Kalia's votes, but what others?) in a jury vote, and will beat Rachel/Jordan if Dani can convince Kalia not to hold a grudge. (I'm sure Jeff would say that Dani could convince Kalia to eat clown shoes, but I'll reserve judgment on that issue.)

With three comp wins (two of them legit), Adam is in fact leaving pure "floater" status behind. If he wins the Veto or the final HoH, and ends up only one comp win behind Rachel (yes, Jeff threw him a Veto, but Rachel had one HoH thrown to her as well, and one Veto was a joint win with Brendon), he'll have a pretty strong argument for the jury. As Rachel said "Give that boy a Tori…" and he steps up his game.

I agree with this. [snip] I don't think that Danielle, Jeff, Rachel, or Jordan really know how to play the game. (I haven't seen Danielle's season but from what I have read it was all her Dad)

The seasons that I have watched, people who make big moves always get knocked out. The last 4 people who have been elimnated all are looking their noses down on Adam but he has quietly not really pissed anyone off. And those people in the Jury house are all pretty bitter and I'm not so sure that they will vote for who they think played the best game.

Like said above, if Adam pulls together another competition win and is responsible for one big elimination he is in the game.

And whether or not the HG's see it this way, Kalia, porshe, or Jordan haven't' played any better IMO. Kalia had to make big moves because she was on the outs. And she, P, and Dani are still responsible for the worst Head of Houshold I ever watched when they booted lawan

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 9, 2011 @ 3:04 AM.
Boards on boards

Uncle Chuck

Uncle Chuck

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

How come there is a camera in the toilet? I always assumed that the showers and toilets were off limits. I'm also assuming that Kalia thought that as well. To me it seemed that the reason she went into the toilet to cry is that she thought she would be 100% alone.

I am so grossed out that there is a camera in there! I mean the poor producer who has to watch the toilet cam! Barf!

There has ALWAYS been a toilet cam, and I am certain that the HGs are told about it, and they probably see the darn thing every time they sit to do their business. However, I also understand that no one actually monitors it--it is only turned on when/if several HGs try to sneak in their to conduct secret off-camera strategy. They seemed to turn it on for Kalia because it was obvious that she was not actually "using the facilities" but just trying to escape the cameras. And escaping the Big Brother cameras is a no-no.