13-27: 2011.09.07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

73 replies to this topic

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:00 PM

Rachel FTW still! Still can't stand Shelly. Still love Jeff, Jordan, and Rachel. Brendon is still a tool.

ETA- Kalia's DR crying was the funniest ever.

Edited by Runningwild, Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:05 PM.

MooseMe

MooseMe

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

Actually it puts him in a much better position. He has a much better chance to win final two with all 4 vets in the Jury. I also think he has a better chance of beating P/K in the final three.

If Rachel leaves this week, he's in a great position - P/J will both take him to Final 2. I think, with these competition wins, he'll beat Porsche but not Jordan (J/S/K/R). I doubt he actually wants Rachel gone, though. He'd have to win the veto and go against the vets for the first time in the game or pray that Porsche wins veto. Call me crazy, but I'm not counting on either.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

I am going against the grain and I am going to say I was happy Adam FINALLY won a HOH. (Insert Boo's and hisses here)

I wonder if he will make a competitive play or fall back in line as the norm. I don't want him to win, but I would like to see him make a move. (And also I would love to see what they put in his HOH room) I guess Tori Spelling put the fire back in him.

And yes I am going to get more boo's and hisses here when I say that I want Rachel to win I love Rachel! I don't know why but I always have and always will. She's played the best out of the final four. I would rank them:

1. Rachel
2. Porche
3. Adam
4. Jordan

Sorry Jordan lovers! She really sucks at comps and lets others make big game moves for her. She might be a nice person but I think she's hoping that her "good hearted nature" will get her the win.

I agree with every single word you've said. I hate Adam and personally don't want him to win at all but I am damn proud that he's finally stepped up. Now that he's HOH, he's gonna have to choose the person that won't be going up and that's gonna get a little blood on his hands. If he puts up Rachel and not Jordan, people are gonna assume it's because he's Jordan's lapdog and he's protecting her, even though she hasn't done a damn thing to deserve to be in the final three. If he puts up Jordan and not Rachel then he's in a sticky situation with both Jeff and Jordan, especially if Jordan is evicted. If she's not, then whatever but he's not gonna want to put her up just because he's Adam. And, let's go crazy hypothetical here, if he puts up both Jordan and Rachel then he's gonna have one pissed off couple, maybe even two in the jury house. So for once, Adam will have to get his hands dirty, even if it doesn't mean choosing who is evicted and all.

pitchnduel

pitchnduel

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

Actually it puts him in a much better position. He has a much better chance to win final two with all 4 vets in the Jury. I also think he has a better chance of beating P/K in the final three.

I think that if he had taken Kalia up and vetoed her or Porsche and then voted Jordan out (and, there's no way Jordan would have gone UNLESS he voted her out), then he could have kissed all 4 vet couple votes goodbye. If no vet couple is in the final, then the vet couples will pick the winner if they vote as a block. Given the bitterness that we've seen in Jeff (and no doubt still resides in Rachel's heart), I would not expect them to vote for someone who betrayed them.

I think his best shot is against Jordan, especially if she wins no more comps. Argue that Jeff and then Rachel carried her all the way while he really had no one he could absolutely rely on during the whole summer. Then, dare the four non-couple voters to pick him over do-nothing Jordan.

(Edited because, despite this season's sides, Danielle is a Vet, too)

Edited by pitchnduel, Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:10 PM.

village

village

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:18 PM

I think his best shot is against Jordan, especially if she wins no more comps.

He'll never win against Jordan. Or anyone else. Dani, Jeff, Rachel, Brendan will never vote for him over Jordan. He's fighting for second and that's fine but he really can't believe that he has a chance to win this game.

He might have a chance if he's sitting beside Porsche because the vets control the vote and who knows what silly reason they decide to go with at the end.

Fallacy

Fallacy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:40 PM

when it's clear to me that she [Dani] has a much more positive and level-headed outlook on the game. And so did Shelly, for that matter!

We shall see when it comes down to Dani, Shelly, and Kalia having to vote in a Jordan vs Rachel final 2, if it comes down to that obviously. All three claim the game isn't personal and that they want a "competitor" to win, but you watch those same hypocrites cast their votes for Jordan instead of Rachel because they hate Rachel. I will be shocked if Dani swallows her pride in votes for Rachel over Jordan in that scenario.

I also don't think making a "big move" has to equal backstabbing your alliance, Dani, Shelly, and Kalia. Adam has been loyal to the vets since week 3, with the exception of last week when he briefly flipped to try and save his own ass. There's no shame in that. He's played the "loyal" nice guy game and if he continues to win his way to end, he deserves to win the game as much as those losers ever did.

With Adam winning HOH, it looks like he, Rachel, and Jordan will go to the final 3, unless Porsche wins the veto, which is also entirely possible. Adam is very good at the questions competitions when it comes down to it, and he just beat Rachel in a "physical" competition, so he may do exactly what he said he would: remain loyal and win his way to the end. The only question will be whether he takes Jordan or Rachel to the end. I'm guessing Jordan. Then Dani, Kalia, Shelly, and Porsche will really flip out, and that will be great to watch too.

ETA: Jordan got 5 out of 6 questions correct and for the third time came in second in an HOH competition this season. She sucks far less than Shelly does, in my opinion.

Edited by Fallacy, Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:47 PM.

Cutty

Cutty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:44 PM

Why did Jordan flip her vote at the last second? Did she geniuinely feel bad about Kalia, or is Rachel so arrogant that she made sure she could evict her herself?

Pretty piss poor episode, but that's nothing new. Glad this is almost over.

Big Jeff = Big Douche.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

Argue that Jeff and then Rachel carried her all the way while he really had no one he could absolutely rely on during the whole summer.

That will completely backfire because Jeff and Jordan carried him for a large part of the season and Brendon and Rachel know it. They also know Adam helped to vote Brendon out.

Dani won't vote Adam ever and I doubt Kalia and Shelly will over Jordan, unless Jeff completely turns people off Jordan in the Jury.

He might have a chance if he's sitting beside Porsche because the vets control the vote and who knows what silly reason they decide to go with at the end.

This is why I and so many other people have trouble with Adam's game. He's not playing the game he's playing for the post game fame, it's a lot like Enzo

Cockapoo2

Cockapoo2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

I believe I truly hate Adam. They could train the Hubble telescope on him but still not be able to find his balls.

YES. He is the ultimate mealy cigarette smokin unambitious FLOATER.

I hate Adam and personally don't want him to win at all but I am damn proud that he's finally stepped up.

He finally "stepped up" and will have to make a decision and only piss one person off ( a lot different than stepping up early in the game)... he's thrown or fucked up every competition until now. Go dream about Tori Spelling you 40 yr old LOSER.

I aye aye

I aye aye

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

I think that if he had taken Kalia up and vetoed her or Porsche and then voted Jordan out (and, there's no way Jordan would have gone UNLESS he voted her out), then he could have kissed all 4 vet couple votes goodbye. If no vet couple is in the final, then the vet couples will pick the winner if they vote as a block.

You know, I'm not sure that would be the case. As someone said above, Jeff admitted in the jury house tonight, loudly, that his F4 deal was with Shelley and Adam and not R/B -- in front of Brendon. Though, of course, Adam doesn't know that.

Why did Jordan flip her vote at the last second? Did she geniuinely feel bad about Kalia, or is Rachel so arrogant that she made sure she could evict her herself?

I've always believed that Jordan is not as "simple" as she portrays herself. My guess is that she did it to secure K's vote if she makes it to F2. She must know she's unlikely to have Porsche's.

I still like Jordan, and she does play a good social game (as is evident from the way she has other people sacrificing their game for hers). And I don't hate Rachel and Adam (by Mike Boogie/ED standards). So, I'm not going to be incredibly dissapointed by any of the remaining HGs winning, but I'm still hoping Porsche pulls it out.

Pixles

Pixles

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:51 PM

Rachel wanted Jordan to vote Kalia out, Jordan wanted to give a pity vote. Jordan's worse or as bad as Adam at this point.

No reason why she should win over him.

Cockapoo2

Cockapoo2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:55 PM

No reason why she should win over him.

Yes there is...she's younger, prettier, isn't a douche, is not wishy washy ..and has potential.

Yes, winning a question competition against such intellectual powerhouses was a feat that will go down in Big Brother history

LOL...absolutely...Rachel and/or Kahlia would have smoked him

Edited by Cockapoo2, Sep 7, 2011 @ 11:02 PM.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:56 PM

I have to give credit to Adam and Jordan, though. They did fairly well in the HOH comp and even though I don't want Adam anywhere near the 500 grand, I still think he did well and I applaud him for winning his second comp in a row.

Yes, winning a question competition against such intellectual powerhouses was a feat that will go down in Big Brother history.

dad2two

dad2two

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 11:36 PM

This is the first season I don't have a favorite houseguest. However, my favorite scene from tonight was watching Kalia's smile drop when Adam refused to use the veto. I rewound and watched it three times. Hate Rachel, Porsche really is a floater, so Jordan or Adam FTW. My bets...Jordan. Which would be okay, it would be history to be the first 2x winner.

lisalisajr

lisalisajr

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 11:53 PM

Kalia whining in the DR was funny, I get the venting but she looked pitiful. But in front of her competitors she covered her face to hide her tears and told herself to get it together - and did pull it together. I'll take that any day over Rachel pouting, crying and hiding in a bush like a 5 year old. Or Jordan losing her mind and jumping up in Shelly's face cursing & carrying on because precious Jeff was voted out. Whoever mentioned the final 4 deal J/J also had with Brenchel was spot on. Clearly someone they made promises to was going to be betrayed.

Cockapoo2

Cockapoo2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:07 AM

Porsche really is a floater

How is she more a "floater" than Adam?

Cutty

Cutty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:14 AM

Porsche had the golden key from the first eviction, so she didn't have to do anything until F10, and she couldn't compete (which is really unfair b/c then other HGs can say she didn't win anything). At that point she saw she was low woman on the totem poll in the Big Douche/Bland Blonde Minions Alliance, flipped and went with Daniele and Kalia. She hasn't wavered since.

Adam has floated from the newbies to the vets about half a dozen times.

Edited by Cutty, Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:17 AM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:36 AM

Every time I get to a place where I almost like Rachel she does something to piss me off. This week it was her DR laughing at Kalia for crying over a loss that would probably seal her fate. Rachel of all people, the worst sportsmanship in the house with a close second to Jeff. The girl who cried everytime she lost, gloated when she won, and wanted to pack up and leave on several occasions. Sheesh.

I don't know what I ever saw in Jeff. He was my fan favorite his season, but getting pissy with Shelly because she stood between him and $500K was Big Ego. Uh Jeff, there were six other people you would have had to beat to get to the end. Interesting he mentioned that "Final 4" deal with Adam and Shelly. That was NEVER going to really happen and I'm sure Brendon knows it too - or maybe the existance of a deal with A/S is news to him. But I've grown to like Brendon in direct proportion to how much I dislike Jeff. Brendon is a smart guy who wasn't counting on a game show to make or break his future. He's over it.

I liked how Julie tried to point out that the difference between "clown shoes" and "clown shoe" is that "clown shoe" is two words.

Nice one!

Hahaha! Nice catch. I missed it but may have to rewatch online to see that.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:41 AM

Keith?! Keith?! How the hell did Portia guess that Keith lost all 17 of his competitions? He was there for like 3.2 nanoseconds.

And then she choked on the FT questions.

She deserves to go. And she was my fave.

AuroraAustralis

AuroraAustralis

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:45 AM

Can someone explain to me why at the HOH comp they were in the dressy clothes from the night before's eviction of Kalia? So they evicted Kalia, spent a night (in PJs) being awakened by the fortune teller and then put their clothes back on from the night before for the HOH competition that Adam won?

Or did they 'evict' Kalia off camera the night before, let her sleep undisturbed through the fortune teller stuff, then tape the veto/eviction ceremony and the HOH right in order, without changing clothes?

Edited by AuroraAustralis, Sep 8, 2011 @ 12:47 AM.

Plethora

Plethora

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 1:15 AM

I know its not going to happen but I hope someone not named Jeff wins the 25k.

millennium74

millennium74

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 1:21 AM

Can someone explain to me why at the HOH comp they were in the dressy clothes from the night before's eviction of Kalia? So they evicted Kalia, spent a night (in PJs) being awakened by the fortune teller and then put their clothes back on from the night before for the HOH competition that Adam won?

Or did they 'evict' Kalia off camera the night before, let her sleep undisturbed through the fortune teller stuff, then tape the veto/eviction ceremony and the HOH right in order, without changing clothes?

Kalia was there and participating in all the fortune teller stuff. It happened Mon. night, and the eviction/HOH was taped on Tues. night.

Benman

Benman

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:09 AM

Porsche's been my eye candy all season, but even after a big shopping spree, that's the outfit she comes up with?

Eh, rooting for the newbs otherwise, but won't miss Kalia's cluelessly self-touted "gift of gab." This is one case where TPTB's obvious favoritism/lack thereof doesn't bother me... Been obvious for weeks this not-exactly-ready-for-primetime ham was on someone's bad side, from the constant shots of face-stuffing to the farting segment to the schlumpy music cues... Along with production, I took a certain glee in her overwrought bawling scenes, ultimate demise, and quickly suffled off nonexistent Chenterview... She's this weird deal where on paper it'd seem like she's bringing some drama and conflict... but it never plays in an interesting way on TV. And ever since hearing about her alleged "acting career," the famewhore cracks have been showing too flagrantly to enjoy her. Won't really be missed.

In the pantheon of BB Floater History, I don't think Adam has that much to be ashamed of; Pulling out a Veto and an HoH at this late date is nothing to sneeze at; And at least he somewhat tries, however lamely, to play a bit of a character. I still say Sharon O. (the boring gangly blonde chick who looked like Eminem) from winter season BB9 is the gold standard for absolutely useless, uncharismatic, boring-TV floaters...

Though, amusingly, Jordo is kind of giving her a run for her money, especially in the never-making-good-TV department.

Edited by Benman, Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:20 AM.

liese

liese

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:12 AM

I do wonder if Brendan caught what Jeff said to Shelly when she got to the jury house about the final 4 was J/J, Adam and Shelly. Not Rachel? If Jordan makes it to the final 2 I wonder if that little slip might cost Jordan Brendan and Rachel's vote.

I miss Daniele and will be voting for her as America's Player. It is a good thing that Jeff is so ridiculously good looking because everytime he opens his mouth he proves himself to be the rear end of a donkey.

Guywiththegun

Guywiththegun

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 8:17 AM

For me that was an AWESOME Jury House segment. I always want the JH to be heated and full of drama, and I'm always disappointed when they're just having fun and shooting pool or its clearly staged for the cameras. Jeff was rightly pissed and you could tell. Shelly has been a witch all season and she deserved every word of that berating. The fact that she had to use RACHEL for a defense is so satisfying to me. She may hate Big Red, but she definitely respects her, despite what she says.

I love that Fortune Teller. I find something hilarious about the way it calls the HG's in for a mildly-funny fortune, then immediately tells them to "Leave me NOW!" It has this desperation in its voice, like its the HG's that are bothering IT, rather than the other way around.

I want one!

Edited by Guywiththegun, Sep 8, 2011 @ 8:18 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 8:24 AM

Although Rachelís scorn for Kaliaís crying over losing the Veto compeition was funny, considering Rachel spent 15 minutes hiding in a bush when she lost a few weeks ago, at least she said it in the Diary Room, rather than to her face. At the actual veto competition, she patted Kalia on the back and asked her if she was okay. Iím not saying she put a lot of time or energy into it, but at least she was going through the motions.

They have all gotten better at applauding each othersí efforts at the competition since that HoH competition from a few weeks ago when they were all being jerks to each other.

Oh, Jeff. Last year, your choice of "Technotronics" as a word stuck to you. This season, your legacy is "Clown Shoe!" In both cases, you brought it on yourself, and I couldnít be happier about it.

Shelly seems to be blessed with an ability to delude herself that everyone will see things her way. Jeff does the same, but adds a lot of anger to it. I feel a bit sorry for Brendon and Dani right now.

lisalisajr

lisalisajr

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 9:12 AM

What perplexes me about Jeff is that he seriously thinks he's been more wronged than anyone when he knew that Shelly was running back & forth lying and knew that he'd made a final 4 deal with both Brenchel and Shelly and Adam. So he's pissed off that Shelley lied and turned on him when his whole plan was to lie and turn on one of those 4. Also didn't he do the exact same shit to Russell in his season? As soon as Danielle dared offer her 2 cents, he got pissy. I loved how Danielle smacked him down with the "you're the one that's angry" comment. There are things I like about Jeff but he seems to think he carries some weight or command that he doesn't. I would've had a very difficult time not putting his corny ass in his place while living in that house (which is why I'm not built for BB) but once on jury there's no way I would tolerate that bass he tries to add to his voice like somebody is supposed to hear it & fall back in fear. Get the fuck out of here.

Edited by lisalisajr, Sep 8, 2011 @ 9:13 AM.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 9:48 AM

I'm wondering if Rachel, who seems to have an almost photographic memory, coached Adam and Jordan before the HoH comp?

I think Porsche just got flustered after her first miss and lost concentration. There's something about the way Julie reads those questions that always leaves me in Jordan-speak going, "Wait...what?"

kiki38

kiki38

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 10:04 AM

Wow! Keith lost 17 competitions? Porsche, Porsche, Porsche.

So, while Jeff went a little overboard with his Shelly Smackdown, I give him a slight...SLIGHT...pass for a portion of it: He's Grodner's Golden Boy. Hell, he's CBS's reality Golden Boy. For the past few years, He's been in their clutches, getting primped and preened for it, and God only KNOWS what AG has been pumping him full of, ego wise, during the game. None of these people has their standard group of 'touchstones' from outside the house to keep themselves in check. Granted, the vets came in with a small portion of that, but still: The friends and family who all help keep us in check are NOT around. However, AG IS around for Jeff, who she clearly adores. So she's probably been pumping his ego, feeding his entitlement beast, and his normal circle of people to help nullify that aren't there. He Ego has grown with his social isolation, and so I'm sure, given Grodner as a conduit, he's been primped for several months that this is HIS to lose. He's got BB tunnel vision, and his short time in the jury house hasn't given him time to decompress. Plus, with not much else to do in the jury house but stew, I'm sure venting was a necessity. Oh, he totally went overboard with it, but he has also lived in a weird kinda 'CBS Sheltered' world for the better part of two years, so I can kinda see how he would develop a freaky ego-thing, and Shelly would still have her appropriate 'This was a game that's now over, big whoop' attitude.

Is it just me, or do Brendon and Rachel BOTH seem better without the other?

Rachel was smart to get Kalia out. I think Kalia and Porsche are the only two standing in her way of winning.

Arya Snark

Arya Snark

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 10:13 AM

Is it just me, or do Brendon and Rachel BOTH seem better without the other?

Not you at all. Last night's episode just confirmed it for me. Brendon in the jury house (the little we've seen him really speak) seems like a genuinely fun, friendly, drama-free dude. There was a fight and Brendon just stood there and shut the hell up. Can you imagine if Rachel had been there? Ugh.

Rachel's game and personality improves the longer she's away from Brendon, too. I think since he's been gone, her social game has vastly improved. Outside of the DR, anyway.