Anderson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

649 replies to this topic

Wavy

Wavy

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 5:18 PM

Judge Marilyn Milian was an excellent fill-in for Anderson. A natural! Vinny was good, too.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 1:03 PM

Apparently Anderson has been asked if he's interested in hosting the Today show when Matt Lauer leaves. I don't know how long his 60 Minutes contract is, but seems like that could be a conflict. He'd probably love that job if he didn't have to get up so early.

I hope we see Gloria Vanderbilt again before this show ends. She was on a bunch of times last season, but I don't think she's been on at all this season.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 5:23 AM

I hope we see Gloria Vanderbilt again before this show ends. She was on a bunch of times last season, but I don't think she's been on at all this season.

Me too. I always enjoy her. I wonder if it's due to health reasons?

Who can keep track of Anderson's projects? He just taped a pilot with Kathy Griffin for CNN.

Edited by Xingu, Mar 28, 2013 @ 5:24 AM.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 2:13 PM

Well he talks about having 3 jobs, and the daytime show is ending, and I've read that his 360 show may be replaced, so maybe he can do Today and a talk show with Kathy too---he's Superman! I guess if he was on NBC he'd have to give up 60 Minutes tho.
AND he has time to watch every single reality show on TV.

DebbieM

DebbieM

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 12:45 AM

Oh gawd, show, please, no more Padma Lakshmi, please. Insufferable, unfunny and far up her own ass. Not a good guest co-host.

I agree - She was awful. She never shut up, and her annoying voice droning on and on was like torture. She seemed to think she was being witty and entertaining, but I found her boring. She's right up there with Stacy London, IMO. Totally obnoxious, both of them.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:02 PM

What was Anderson eating on today's show? He said the name of it twice but I didn't understand it. It was brown colored in a bowl with bananas on top.

Cyranetta

Cyranetta

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

What was Anderson eating on today's show? He said the name of it twice but I didn't understand it. It was brown colored in a bowl with bananas on top.

Probably ašai -- it's a fruit that's supposed to have a lot of health properties.

LucyEwing

LucyEwing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:50 PM

Yes, it was acai in pureed form.

Loved seeing Jessica Walter today. What a classy lady.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 4:15 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the dulce de leche ice cream from his favorite place in NYC again. It's made of milk and sugar and caramelized so it has an unusual appearance.

Loved seeing Jessica Walter today. What a classy lady.

Why has she not done more press (like 9 years ago for AD)?!?! She's such a stunning woman and is like an utterly delightful version of Lucille--love her laugh. Andy was sort of a lame cohost for the interview though, with his usual baffled, just-been-dropped-to-earth-in-a-space-capsule expressions... though it was pretty hilarious to see that he was totally unable to - after several tries - keep one eye open and have the other closed. Funnier still that he kept asking if he had gotten it right while both of his eyes were squeezed shut. Anderson usually sends his cohosts to some waiting area while he does the celeb interviews if memory serves, but I guess since he and Andy are besties, he was allowed to stay. The game wasn't too bad at least, and it was pretty hilarious watching the both of them miss every clue for Magnum PI until mention of the mustache!

Yes, it was acai in pureed form.

Oops my bad, guess I missed the first part of your post because I was so excited about the second part!

Edited by meisja, Apr 6, 2013 @ 4:19 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

Have they completely given up on the show? I think my DVR caught one new episode this week, and there was one last week and one next week? What a crazy schedule.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 8:56 AM

Yeah, it's weird. Repeat, repeat, repeat, new show, four more repeats... what is going on?

mrsproducer

mrsproducer

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:57 PM

I was wondering about the repeats as well. I figured it's on some sort of spring hiatus, which a lot of shows seem to do around this time. His Friday show was a new one, wasn't it? It was a clip show essentially but I think it was live... I don't know. I feel like he's completely given up on it though.

AnnieGirl

AnnieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 4:26 AM

I was in the audience at Anderson Live on March 27th and they announced that was their last day of taping (forever). They filmed two shows that day and segments for other shows. The live show was Padma Lakshmi as cohost and "The Supper Club". They also filmed the segment with the 7 Little Johnstons which aired last week. Anderson went behind the scenes and changed his shirt for different segments and promos he was filming. Also, the next day, the 28th was Kathy Griffin as cohost. I think that was filmed the afternoon of the 27th when I was there. There was a long line of folks for the next show when we left.

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors. Any new episodes since March 27th are prerecorded.

I don't know how Anderson could keep up with a daily live show with his schedule. In fact, during the audience Q&A with Anderson, my nephew asked him how much sleep he gets per night. He said he does pretty good, but as he gets older he takes more naps ;)

jcsc

jcsc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 8:03 AM

Has the final air date been announced yet?

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 2:34 PM

So tired of having these couples in debt telling their boo-hoo stories. Most of the time it's their own damn fault.

Edited by MrsEVH, May 3, 2013 @ 2:34 PM.

kaygeeret

kaygeeret

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

With all it's faults, I liked this show far more than the mess The View has turned into.

He is unassuming, quirky and oddly charming - oh yeah, also smart -

Sad to see the show go

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 9:50 AM

I noticed how surprised Anderson looked when that little girl didn't even say "thank you" after he gave her & her siblings a week at camp.  Also, I couldn't get over the Mother's "loose grasp" of the English language -- LOL.

Keep on, keepin' on, Anderson.

Edited by MedicineCrow, May 6, 2013 @ 9:52 AM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 2:05 PM

I have been enjoying the shows recently. I realize that they are not LIVE - but they are not repeats. This weeks seems to be the wrap up shows as they are reviewing favourite moments, highlights from past season shows, however, they are splicey, meaning a bit disjointed as they are throwing all these parts together and not really smooth or cohesive. Nevertheless, I am being entertained.

Yesterday, they showed the Halloween masks that we never got to see due to the Halloween Hurricane Sandy.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 7:19 PM

I noticed that too.   It seems like they had bits and pieces left from prior shows and they've spliced them into "new" shows...or maybe they had some of the regulars film some new segments back when they were doing the shows live--and saved them for now.

Better this than repeats.   They must have had a HUGE budget for all the "As Seen on TV" crap they have bought to talk about, lol....wonder if Terrence or Anderson got to keep all the samples.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 7:48 PM

I hope wherever Terrence's next job is (he probably already has one), he stays behind the scenes. Once they started with the co-hosts, he was completely unnecessary on camera.