Anderson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

649 replies to this topic

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 7:19 PM

I honestly think talk shows will go the way of soaps before too long. I think the new trend will be shows like The Chew.

At least The Chew doesn't repeat all the latest news happenings of the day, the latest social media crap, the latest youtube videos, blah blah blah.

On any given day I can catch bits of the Today Show, GMA, Kathie Lee & Hoda, The View, Wendy Williams,The Talk, Katie (not sure about Anderson because I didn't watch it much) and will invariably see and hear the same ole stuff that I saw at 7 am in the morning on each and every one of these shows..... b.o.r.i.n.g.....

Edited by Fishyswa, Oct 31, 2012 @ 7:22 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Last night, I watched Anderson's show with Nancy Grace as his co-host. Did I ever mention how much I dislike that pious, self-righteous, know-it-all that still refers to her two children as "the twins". She says she has to sneak out of the house in bare feet & a tee shirt to go work because "the twins" cry so much. OMG, just checked on Google & "the twins" will be five.years.old. on Nov. 4th. Is it me, or is that totally ridiculous?? I don't like her constantly referring to them as a unit & how great a Mother she is. I don't like her high & mighty attitude when she directs her attention to somebody she disapproves of. She kept interrupting Anderson & his guests. Did I say I don't like her?

Edited by MedicineCrow, Nov 3, 2012 @ 11:51 AM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

She even realized that pig Glitzy didn't even like her.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

A little of the real Anderson goes a long way for me. We got snippets of the snarky, bitchy guy with Kelly, but everyday? I started to find him obnoxious. He loses his cool over cabs and other dumb stuff, and bitches away about reality TV.

He probably got tired of being blown around in hurricanes and wars, but that really is where he belongs. Or maybe he promised his mom that he'd do something safer. At any rate, he started to bug me, and we can't have that!

And I happen to actually really like Andy Cohen and Kelly Ripa - I'd love to vacation with them. But I don't watch their shows either, I just enjoy them as guests on other things. I'm surprised they gave Anderson the whole year to finish.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

They didn't air Anderson's show in NYC for a bunch of days last week due to the storm. Did he ever address the cancellation of his show on the air? I know when Bonnie Hunt's show was canceled, she made a couple of sly references to it at first, but later on was full on mocking it. I'm sure his staff is now scrambling to find a new show to work for next season.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

Last night, I watched Anderson's show with Nancy Grace as his co-host. Did I ever mention how much I dislike that pious, self-righteous, know-it-all that still refers to her two children as "the twins".

I can barely get past that phoney accent. Nancy has the answer to everything and knows by looking at you if you're guilty or not. And if she looks at you, you're probably guilty. What's that about innocent till proven guilty? Not in her constitution. Charged? You're guilty! Otherwise you wouldn't have been charged, stupid! It's trial by cable TV, and she's judge, jury and executioner. Unless the ratings falter and then you're innocent.

And bless the hearts of those poor little twins. They'll be dressed alike until they're twenty-three and on Dancing With the Stars. Or rehab.

A little of the real Anderson goes a long way for me. We got snippets of the snarky, bitchy guy with Kelly, but everyday? I started to find him obnoxious. He loses his cool over cabs and other dumb stuff, and bitches away about reality TV.

I can't stand how he hides behind this umbrella of "everyman" when he is so far from it. I sense that he so desperately wants to be average, but it's something he can't learn and it frustrates him. He wants to be his father; or at least a part of his father's family. But because of his wackadoo mother he was never allowed to be a part of that. He is his father's son, much more than a Vanderbilt.

This is why his show failed; he cannot connect with the average person. He thrives on the tribulations of the downtrodden. He lives for it. I think he is so eaten by the guilt of privilege he doesn't know how to enjoy life. Despite his girlish laugh he never seems happy to me.

With his upbringing the very idea of "average" is foreign to him. This may seem like a dichotomy, but I think he connects better with 12 year-old Afghan sex slaves or acidly-attacked Indian women than the average person because he wants to tell their story yet not get too close.. This is not to imply he doesn't care; he does. But I think this wall protects him from caring too much and allows him to present their stories to the world hoping for change.

Edited by Xingu, Nov 7, 2012 @ 1:56 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

As usual, Xingu, RIGHT ON!!!

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

So why again does Meghan McCain love the republican party? I couldn't get past her - "like, like, I was so depressed I ate, like, ice cream!". She claims gay rights and women's rights. Honey, that ain't your party.

Oh, and she just carried on about legalizing drugs and sounding completely high while doing so. Maybe she just thinks it would be fun to party with an actual elephant?

This is a cohost? Yeah, he needs to go.

Edited by BlueSapphires, Nov 7, 2012 @ 4:00 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

I'm not a big fan of Meghan McCain's, but she had some interesting points today, particularly about the Republican party needing to 'revamp'. I was disappointed that Anderson interrupted the conversation flow when Deborah Norville had some good interviews going. I didn't think his show was the time or place to show Kathy Griffin's picture or expound upon her sending him naked pictures from his house. Not really that funny, IMO.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 7:21 AM

I think it's time for Meghan to realize that she's not a republican then. I'm convinced she doesn't even know why she calls herself one except that she doesn't want to lose daddy's money.

So is Anderson too scared to let Kathy on a live show? I.used to love her, but she's not doing herself any favors by being too outrageous for most tv. I actually forgot she existed until he showed that picture.

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 4:03 AM

still refers to her two children as "the twins".

My best friend turned 51 this week. Everyone in his family and everyone who knows his family still refer to he and his fraternal twin brother as "the twins". They live 2500 miles apart and see each other only a couple times a year, yet when discussing anything family-related, they are referred to as "the twins".

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 6:18 AM

I think it's time for Meghan to realize that she's not a republican then.

I don't know, I think she's a moderate Republican. My mom is one, too, and she loathes the way the Republicans have gone so far to the right. She told me she's embarrassed to tell people she's a Republican these days. She's in her 70s and believes in a party that doesn't intrude into people's lives, that believes in small government, and "doesn't give handouts." She's pro-choice, wants civil unions on a national basis (but not marriage equality), and raised all of her kids to believe in feminism. She believes in the Republican Party she grew up with, and even though Meghan McCain is years younger, her father is quite old... I think Meghan believes in the Republican Party of his youth.

Meghan did sound a little crazy, though, when the subject came to pot. I was dying for Anderson to ask her if she's tried it. Ummmmmm.... big pause.....

I didn't like how she came out of the box snapping at Deborah Norville about "lecturing" her. I thought it was rude and I didn't think Deborah was lecturing her at all. OTOH, I think most political critters were up wayyyyyy late Tuesday night, and I know how cranky and ditzy I get when I'm sleep deprived, so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

The thing that I did appreciate her saying was that the electorate was sending a message to the Republicans. All these other Republican mouthpieces who are having little pouty tantrums about getting trounced on Tuesday are completely missing the point of that. At least Meghan is willing to go beyond her own disappointment to say a clear message was sent and it needs to be received and acted on.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Forgot to mention about Deborah Norville saying to Anderson something to the effect "Don't you dare eat that cupcake on TV when you don't have enough to share with the audience!" I thought that was funny & really a "Mommy" moment for Deborah. After the commercial, it was obvious Anderson had wolfed down the cupcake, because he still had his mouth full. Funny!!!

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

I think it's time for Meghan to realize that she's not a republican then.

IMO, she's not an anything. She will go wherever the money and notoriety take her. To me she's like a privileged hipster. She can say any shocking thing knowing that she suffers no consequences. She will A. Get publicity for her books/tours and B. Know that she will never have to worry about money based on her huge inheritance. But I agree with you regarding the Republican thing: If it walks like a Democrat, and quacks like a Democrat, it's a Democrat. But she''s got to pretend to be a Repub lest she lose that huge inheritance. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her father had that agreement.

After the commercial, it was obvious Anderson had wolfed down the cupcake, because he still had his mouth full. Funny!!!

For me, there is nothing more entertaining that when Anderson is being a naughty boy. and gets caught. That was fun.

Edited by Xingu, Nov 10, 2012 @ 4:08 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 5:04 PM

Anderson was on Letterman Friday night. They started out talking about the election, but spent most of the time talking about Anderson being gay. Even though AC repeated his snoring while driving & Amtrak Big Mac eating with barefoot seat companion stories, it was a great interview.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

Anderson was on Letterman Friday night. They started out talking about the election, but spent most of the time talking about Anderson being gay. Even though AC repeated his snoring while driving & Amtrak Big Mac eating with barefoot seat companion stories, it was a great interview

I thought the interview was good until Dave had to go with "homosexual"; it sounded so clinical and seemed to change the flow of conversation. This is not 1997. Anderson is new at speaking openly of being gay, Dave knows this and could have stuck with the word gay. But Dave is a dick and had to take the homo road. So tacky. Even the fist-pumping was tacky. I know that Dave is not homophobic, but why the choice of the clinical term? And Dave doesn't understand why gays are persecuted around the world??? "Appalachian"??? The fuck. It seemed that Dave wanted Anderson to be the spokesperson for all things gay. How ridiculous. IMO, Dave is past his sell-by date.

Edited by Xingu, Nov 10, 2012 @ 5:46 PM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

Is it wrong that I sort of loved Anderson and Snooki (yes)? I always knew she played a character to a certain extent, but I was surprised to see her semi-aware and funny. I knew she was no dummy when the millions started rolling in. Anyway, Anderson has dumbed himself down so so low with this show, he might as well just name Snooki the co-host for the rest of the year.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 2:26 AM

Is it wrong that I sort of loved Anderson and Snooki (yes)? I always knew she played a character to a certain extent, but I was surprised to see her semi-aware and funny. I knew she was no dummy when the millions started rolling in. Anyway, Anderson has dumbed himself down so so low with this show, he might as well just name Snooki the co-host for the rest of the year.

Yes, yes it is wrong. You should not only not love them, you shouldn't even like them. But we feel your pain; we are a very forgiving sort. We will gladly save you a seat on the Snookerson Express. (Oh God, I'm going to hell for that portmanteau.) I'm only sorry you didn't know the original Snooks. There was no acting. From day one she was just so damned lovable. She was naturally goofy and funny. If you like her now, you would have loved the original version. But you have to know that she wasn't always Snooki. When she first got to Jersey Shore and said her nick-name was Snooki, they called her anything but: Shookie, Skookie, Nookie, Spooki; the names never ended.

But even now, she and Anderson play off each other very well. I'd be quite happy with her being a permanent co-host. Hell, it can't be any worse than the ones he's already had. Kelley Osbourne? Yuk!!!

Does this show really have to go to next May? I feel that since cancellation they are just phoning it in. And that EP Terrance can not get off my TV soon enough. I fully blame him for the demise of this show. How can this silly twit run a national TV show? Where the fuck did he come from? Cable Access?

Edited by Xingu, Nov 17, 2012 @ 2:35 AM.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:27 AM

If we can't have Kathy Griffin as co-host (yeah, I know...he wouldn't even have to show up), then I'll gladly take Snookie.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 4:53 AM

OOh, I forgot about Kathy. I'll have to hand in my gay card*. I'm with you. Kathy: #1; Snooks: #2. Good point, thanks for the reminder. Nobody makes Andersom squirm like Kathy.

But seriously, the show's been canceled, can''t he just have some fun and do the gayest show ever. The cat's out of the bag, what's he got to lose?

If he's going to go down, make some history in the queerest way possible. Fuck TelePictures.

Oh, I forgot, Anderson is the cheapest queer ever born. He will never go for that. It's all about future earnings. Like he could ever spend his and his mother's money in one lifetime.

I just finished watching the History Channel mini-series of "The Men Who Made America" featuring Anderson's great-great grandfather Cornelius Vanderbilt. The only thing Anderson inherited was his frugality.

* One of the many reasons I love TWoP, it keeps my gay in check.

Edited by Xingu, Nov 17, 2012 @ 5:10 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

Anderson is in Israel - Monday's show will be guest hosted by Rosie O'Donnell w/co-host Nene Leeks. I wondered what would happen if Anderson had to travel for his night job.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

Monday's show will be guest hosted by Rosie O'Donnell w/co-host Nene Leeks

Now that is one interesting combination. I'll have to DVR that.

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 1:28 AM

Hoda Lee and Kathie Lee announced this week that they pre-taped the show for Tuesday 11-20. I got the impression they are both co-hosting the entire hour with Anderson.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

Rosie - awesome! This is a good format for her too with the conversational first 15 (aka host chat).

I'm hoping Anderson realizes where he belongs and either has more guest hosts or pre- tapes stuff. I can do without hearing him live hyperventilating about Honey Boo Boo and all the housewives.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

I must admit that I'm not a big Rosie fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed the show with her & NeNe today. I was particularly impressed with her knowledgeable, well-informed & pointed questions to Anderson (who was on Skype from Gaza) & I'm sure the audience found the subject more interesting because of her questions.
She mentioned her "feud" with Kelly & said that she had apologized but Kelly didn't have to like her, or something to that effect.

Edited by MedicineCrow, Nov 19, 2012 @ 6:54 PM.

AerosolSpray

AerosolSpray

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 2:13 AM

I found the conversation via satellite between Rosie and Anderson to be the most interesting segment in the entire run of this show. I have no use for NeNe though.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

The Skype segment was very well thought out. Kudos to Rosie & possibly the producers for how it was organized. Do you think Rosie was serious at the end about her & Nene getting a talk show together?

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

Do you think Rosie was serious at the end about her & Nene getting a talk show together?

Egad, I certainly hope not. The funniest moments came at the start when Nene seemed to think the lengthy hyperactive standing ovation was for her. These were Rosie People, tipped off in advance to pack that studio. Rosie could have walked onstage with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the crowd would have swooned for 75 seconds.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:52 AM

These were Rosie People, tipped off in advance to pack that studio.

I'm not so sure about that. NeNe has a rabid fan base. RHoA is the #1 housewife franchise. I think the average viewer says, "Rosie who?" But being in NYC, maybe you''re right. It is Rosie's home turf.

And for the record, I think Rosie looked sensational. The best I've seen her in ages. I'm so happy that I have been proved wrong by my earlier assertions, when her talk show ran, that she and her wife wouldn't make it. I humbly offer my apologies. Congrats to Rosie and Michelle!!!

So much for Anderson LIVE. I knew the LIVE part wouldn't last but I didn't expect it to be this quickly . Kathi Lee and Hoda were taped before the Israeli conflict.

Kathi Lee, please get over yourself and that godawful B'way show you put on. Virtually every critic from the NYT, to Variety, to Newsday panned it. I was actually pulling for you, but when I saw the clips on Broadway.com I cringed. Please stay in your swim lane. The trial of the century? Really? More so than the Lindburgh trial? More so than the Rosenberg trial? More so than the OJ trial? i just hope the talent that is Carolee Carmello isn't affected by this atrocity.

Everyone in the audience is getting tickets because no one will pay for them.

Really, Anderson? When Kathi Lee offers you a breast and you say, "No thanks, I'm more of a stuffing kind of guy" you have no idea what you mean? Hooker, please. You knew exactly what you were saying. You either like to stuff or be stuffed. Nothin' wrong with that. But don't pretend that it wasn't a double entendre.

I think Hoda is very attractive. I'm confused by KLG's assertion that it would take a special guy to hook up with Hoda-woman. I think she's a real catch. Jealous much? What ever happened to her BF Jay?

The satanic toast lady? Why the surprise from the ladies, they showed this exact clip on their own show two weeks ago?

Call me skeptical, but I just don't buy the story of the lady with the stolen $900, I'd feel more comfortable if Anderson had his lying expert on. I remember what that expert said: Eye contact: Eyes looking down. TMI: Dukes of Hazzard. Story makes no sense? Why would the thief not just take the purse? Why was a barista holding $900 in her purse? Why wouldn't the thief just take the envelope? Why would she reject all offers of compensation? It just didn't add up for me.

KLG applying filler to AC's middle brow: Lemme just put some in the crack.
AC (sardonically): A phrase I've never heard before.

Me: Now that was funny!

Edited by Xingu, Nov 21, 2012 @ 1:18 AM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 8:04 AM

It's funny, for me Anderson's best shows have been this week when he was a) not there, b) overtalked by KL and Hoda ( but I think that's because he was drunk)!

I'm an unapologetic Rosie fan, so I loved it - bitchy feuds with Trump and Ripa notwithstanding. Anderson does so much better when he doesn't lead. He gets too manic and nearly starts spitting in excitement.

That said, would he be in Israel if he was still fighting to keep this show on? Now I'm afraid he's gonna go get killed somewhere because he doesn't have this show to worry about!