Anderson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

649 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

I think Cox is getting plastic surgery advice from her costar Christa Miller. If you look at a photo of Miller from her Drew Carey days, you'll see she's got that same mask-like face now as well. They were both very pretty girl next door types. It's too bad they couldn't fight the trend and allow themselves to age naturally. I think Betty White should conduct seminars.

Tony Gancarski

Tony Gancarski

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

The more I see of the Duggars, the more I think Michelle might be the truly malignant half of the duo. Jim Bob is a smug bastard to be sure, but when Michelle lets loose with her starry eyed, weird, fundamentalist rhetoric... it almost seems Andrea Yates-esque.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

*sigh* Andy only asked the standard Duggar questions.

scotslady

scotslady

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

Michelle D reminds me of the rainbow guy. Everythings all gooey , rainboweeey and marshmallowee and fluffy cloudee.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

*sigh* Andy only asked the standard Duggar questions.

So true, but how does one delicately ask, "At what point does your vagina become a clown car?"

I personally don't care how many kids they have except for the fact that they are having kids to raise the other kids. Children shouldn't have the burden of raising other kids. They didn't ask for that. Just let them be kids.

Often when a teen gets preggers society says, "Babies having babies. So sad." How is this any different?

So, if she considers Jubilee to be one of her children, and she lost another child in miscarriage, why isn't the show called 21 Kids and Counting?

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

I have to say that I was seriously skeeved out by the child sex offenders. I thought the show handled it well. I mean, everyone could see the rationalizations and excuses coming out of their mouths, and I guess it was those self-delusions that horrified me.

I thought Anderson and the experts were great on calling them on it. It was awful and intriguing to hear what these men tell themselves to make it okay for them to rape a child.

Great show, but super unpleasant for me to watch. I actually took a hot shower afterwards.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

So true, but how does one delicately ask, "At what point does your vagina become a clown car?"

Good God, this made me laugh and laugh, now that is some insightful journalism! I nominate you to be a producer for the show, because that is a show I would watch!

I think Cox is getting plastic surgery advice from her costar Christa Miller.

I don't know, I think Cox is following her own bad advice... Christa Miller at least has a sense of humor about it (there were several episodes and countless excellent line in Scrubs focused on her over-the-top surgery), but Cox just looks... hard. I actually find Courtney unattractive, and courting the Demi-line of thin, but with less healthy-looking hair. Christa can really make me laugh too, not a hard ass at all in her interviews and hilarious with her husband, while Courtney seems kind but deadly serious and a little too sad.

The more I see of the Duggars, the more I think Michelle might be the truly malignant half of the duo. Jim Bob is a smug bastard to be sure, but when Michelle lets loose with her starry eyed, weird, fundamentalist rhetoric... it almost seems Andrea Yates-esque.

Now I'm bummed that I erased before they came on. I've never seen their reality show, I figure we deserve a collective healing after Kate and "her" 8. I think watching her kids raise her kids would be just too depressing, but I would have liked to see them squirm a bit on a talk show.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Good God, this made me laugh and laugh, now that is some insightful journalism! I nominate you to be a producer for the show, because that is a show I would watch!

Thanks. I would love to be a producer on this show. Heck, I couldn't do any worse than what they have now.

Now I'm bummed that I erased before they came on. I've never seen their reality show, I figure we deserve a collective healing after Kate and "her" 8. I think watching her kids raise her kids would be just too depressing, but I would have liked to see them squirm a bit on a talk show.

Believe me, you haven't missed anything. These people are squirm-less. They attribute everything to their god and anyone who says otherwise is a heathen and a hater. They never apologize or accept responsibility for any mistakes they may have made. At least, that's my take on their behavior. In some ways, I want to live in their la-la land. It's much easier than dealing with the real world.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Alright, this show could be on Anderson's "Ridiculist". When is he gonna get off the f'ing reality shows already? Did the Toddlers and Tiaras moms sign a contract or something to appear regularly? We get it, you're a reality show whore. It's just all the rest of us who aren't. Are there no more pressing issues in the world?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

I do think it would be great (but maybe more work for the staff?) if the shows would be tied into news stories AC is covering on CNN, but with a daytime talk show twist. So since there is all this killing going on in Syria, have a panel of Syrian-Americans who have relatives there. They can talk about what it's like to be here and how they're finding out what's going on there, what they're doing to help, what their hopes are for their home country, etc.

dreamy

dreamy

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

I LOVE that idea, braggtastic! It doesn't mean he has to forego the celebrity or pop stuff, but adding something like this would round the show out better.

Send them an email!

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

Oh my goodness, Anderson is on Dr. Drew's HLN show right now (Tues) and it's hilarious. Why didn't we Ander-fans know??

Crazy, hilarious stories about Kathy G sexting him and Drew had to get up and leave the set because he was laughing so hard. Hope some footage is available online!

Michaelwb

Michaelwb

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

Here ya go

Notmuchofacook

Notmuchofacook

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

I enjoyed Bethenny Frankel on Anderson's show yesterday. She irritates me from time to time on her reality show, but as a guest I think she's very open. She seems to enjoy her fans and she was obviously thrilled with her little flask masquerading as a microphone. She appeared to be very embarrassed when her dress flipped up when she jumped down to do a pushup, but I thought she handled it a whole lot better than many and it was funny. I wish her continued success.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

I love that Miss Piggy called AC 'Coopie'. I hope that nickname sticks.

I've been FFing full segments that don't interest me, but I always stay tuned for AC's final thought from backstage. He is universally bland - he's like a C student giving a summary of something.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

It really pissed me off that the lovely Bill and Amy were interrupted by Matt Roloff in any way. His organization gives college scholarships for little people? Too bad he did not encourage college for his twins. He is so far on the other end of the spectrum of what the delightful Amy and Bill stand for. I also think Anderson could have looked at one episode of Little Couple to know she is a doctor.

Clara2020

Clara2020

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Did I understand correctly? Did John Hamm state that he does not have a Twitter account; which means he is not the one having a Twitter war with Kim Kardashian.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:21 AM

I also think Anderson could have looked at one episode of Little Couple to know she is a doctor.

Anderson is really a mish-mash of very curious and absurdly ignorant about many, many things having to do with his guests. I mean, certainly, he can't know everything, but he very often doesn't know about famous movies/series of his guests, and hasn't heard much in the way of medicine or psychology. I'm not sure if it's that that bothers me, or that he remains pretty close-minded about subjects he brings to his show: I don't really understand the point of that (and no, I'm not talking about that guy and his love for Chase the car!). And I'm still getting whiplash trying to follow the show lineups, a celeb follows more internet trashfests or vice-versa. Today's show was a good example of a story missed: the Zeo sleep device he's obsessed with has a lot of consumer complaints, a lot, and when compared with other sleep testing done on Zeo-using individuals, it continually shows the same errors, like showing that a person was actually awake when the device recorded them as sleeping, etc. Why didn't Anderson invite the Zeo CEO on and ask him why they are selling a product that has received major complaints from users and doctors?

Did I understand correctly? Did John Hamm state that he does not have a Twitter account; which means he is not the one having a Twitter war with Kim Kardashian.

He was just making the point that the apparent war of words from Kim and her supporters wasn't something he was following, and further making the point that he finds her ilk to be a bore and a waste of time. It's sort of like his statement that any asshole can become hugely famous and rich nowadays, and any fool can go national or global with twitter. That's my best guess based on the interviews I've seen/read lately.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

So, Andy had a mad crush on The Fonz. No shocker there.

Today's show made me physically ill. As the victim of childhood sexual abuse nothing pisses me off more than false accusations. There is no way in hell this lady is guilty of those crimes. Sadly, she got wrapped up in the hysteria of the 90s with the McMartin pre-school fiasco. WTF was the jury thinking? They had mileage and attendance records that showed she couldn't physically be where they claimed. My heart broke for her. I wanted to give her a big hug. She lost 15 years of her life over this and now fears being sent back to jail. The mind. It boggles. Even though I'm not an Ohio resident, I just sent Gov. Kasich a letter pleading with him to grant her clemency. Please let there be some justice in this case.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

RIP Meow.
Recently, AC had that famed very obese cat whose owner had only fed it hot dogs. I believe the owner recently died and the cat was rescued but being kept in the shelter on a diet prior in allowing adoption in hopes that a healthier weight would be achieved.

It was quite sad to see the 39 pound cat only take a couple of steps before having to collapse and rest.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

I heard Meow died this morning - poor kitty.

AC's reaction to Kristin Chenoweth saying they'd make a great couple is as close as I've seen him come to addressing his sexuality in public. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it almost seemed like he was going to just say it.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

I have to say, seeing AC sneak a kiss on the face of the cat Meow was very touching. Sorry to hear about the kitty passing. I'd forgotten it couldn't walk more than a few steps when it was on the show. Shame. Hopefully he was enough of a cautionary tale that many obese pets will have longer lives.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

I hope that the staff of the shelter flying Meow all over the place for appearances, including on Anderson's show, wasn't one of the causes of his death. It seems like they should have made sure Meow could walk further than a couple of steps before they flew him around the country.

I watched Anderson for about 15 minutes the other day, think it was the episode with Kristen Chenoweth, and they were doing fat suit investigations. Fat suits are Tyra Banks/Entertainment Tonight level bullshit.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Congrats to AC !

He has been nominated for Outstanding Talk Show Host as well as his show for being Outstanding Informative Talk Show.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

Anderson is really a mish-mash of very curious and absurdly ignorant about many, many things having to do with his guests.

I like your terminology, Meisja, "absurdly ignorant." I'm often so surprised at the things Anderson doesn't know or won't accept. I used to picture him a highly educated and worldly news correspondent who traveled everywhere and and continued to learn every day. I also overestimated the benefits of his extremely wealthy background. He's just a sweet, funny guy with lots of quirks. Very endearing, but not a mental giant.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

He has been nominated for Outstanding Talk Show Host as well as his show for being Outstanding Informative Talk Show.

Wow! The bar really has been lowered. I just have one question for the Emmy nominators: What part of this show do you find informative? Was it Andy's fixation on six-year-old beauty contestants and all shows reality or his girlish laugh?

Anderson is really a mish-mash of very curious and absurdly ignorant about many, many things having to do with his guests.

He's like a 12-yeard old girl meeting someone for the first time. Giggle, squirm, giggle. If he weren't born to money I'm not sure where he'd be. But it wouldn't be hosting a daytime talk show. Per usual, the Emmy's suck. I'm not a big Ellen fan, but really?

Edited by Xingu, May 9, 2012 @ 11:47 PM.

jcsc

jcsc

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

The Monday co-host thing has been entertaining, so far. Who knew Kristen Johnson would do so well, she was really engaging. Hopefully this kickstarts her career. Cheno was OK too... I predict Kelly Osborne will be an upcoming Monday co-host, she and Anderson seemed to really get along well.

Edited by jcsc, May 10, 2012 @ 11:17 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

I'm reading Kristen Johnston's book right now - she's hilarious. Well worth reading.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

It sure doesn't look like AC spent a lot of time at the Country Club tennis courts.

Why wouldn't he be wearing the proper athletic wear for the tennis match ? Or at least a pair of tennis or running shoes.

He's a good sport just the same !

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

So Anderson invites this Barbie Doll Mom on his show, then he kicks her off? Come on, you KNEW who you were asking on. You knew exactly the kind of shit she was up to with herself and her kid. Why give her a platform in the first place?

I'm deleting way more of these shows than I'm watching. I love reality TV too, but this guy is over the top with it. Isn't it time for more Toddlers and Tiaras? He seems especially obsessed with that show. In fact I have no doubt that's why he invited Barbie Mom to the show.

I'm so disappointed that this is what he's decided to do with his show. He should have just taken the gig with Kelly Ripa where he could sit and giggle and talk about reality TV every morning.