Anderson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

649 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 1:41 PM

Will CNN's anchor make it in daytime? Tune in Monday to find out.
In NYC his show will air on channel 11 4pm (Oprah's time slot).
I think the show will be a mix of serious and lighthearted topics. I imagine there will be multiple girly giggles per show on the lighthearted days.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 2:10 PM

I cannot stand his girlish giggles. So far he has made it around the streets of NYC, safely, riding his bike without a helmut and even visiting hostile countries at war but not sure if his talkshow will make it.

Count me in next week to check out the silver fox.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 2:30 PM

But were there any Helmuts in the hostile countries? :)

I know he's been taping shows since the end of August. I was supposed to go to a taping, but the date/time was changed three times due to the hurricane, and in the end I couldn't make it there when it was finally held. I do know his audience department is on point. They sent multiple emails and made phone calls to let me know about the changes and wanted confirmation if I could be there.

Has anyone been to a taping yet? Spill some details...

wigglepuppy

wigglepuppy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 3:33 PM

Can we please change the name of this thread to "Anderson - Silver Fox" or "Mah Boo, Anderson"?!?!

I am super excited to watch him on daytime. I heard his first guests are going to be Amy Winehouse's parents. It will be an interesting interview to see. I kinda get the feeling that he's going to be the male Oprah.

Also there was a blind item that suggested that he will be slowly coming out, he's going to
Mention his partners's name on the show and if it goes well then he will slowly reveal more about his personal life. I for one don't care who he's into, he just so damn handsome! Him and NPH are babes in my eyes!

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 3:36 PM

All I can spill now from just looking at his twitter feeds where he was asked if he was planning on having Gloria Vanderbuilt on his show and he replied "actually yes"

I have read that he watched old tapes of Phil Donahue show in preparation for his new talkshow.

Oh it looks like premiere week is as follows:http://www.andersoncooper.com/#premiereweek

http://www.andersonc...m/#premiereweek

Edited by King Cat Sam, Sep 7, 2011 @ 3:37 PM.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 11:53 PM

I heard his first guests are going to be Amy Winehouse's parents.

I'll watch to see that. That sounds interesting and not really what I was expecting from his show.

Stenbeck

Stenbeck

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 9:48 AM

I like the range of topics, from light-hearted to somber to informative.

I'm really looking forward to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills show.

wigglepuppy

wigglepuppy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 10:13 AM

I just saw photos of Anderson and the adorable Daniel Radclife after a taping. I am so excited to see that episode! To me, Anderson looks the most promising out of the new batch of daytime talk shows.

curbed

curbed

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 10:30 AM

Since I've ditched the Talk I'll add this show to my DVR. Hopefully he gets the bigger names on & it isn't mostly reality stars.

Babs must be thrilled about that. Not.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 11:17 AM

AC says that he will combine elements of Oprah, Ellen & Phil Donahue and he is not trying to replace the irreplaceable Oprah Winfrey.

The show will be filmed in Manhattan and will be a mixture of pop culture guests and the heart warming stories of everyday people that he hopes will leave everyone inspired.

"It's a populist approach" says Cooper.

So I guess we can expect to see some audience games & gifts but no dancing with a lot of running up and down the aisles with his mic reaching out to the audience.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 11:55 AM

The show is being filmed at the Rose theater in Time Warner Center. It's a gorgeous space, one that Ellen used when her show was in NY. There are huge windows that look out above Columbus Circle and the south west end of Central Park. If he wanted to, he could have some fun with people walking on the sidewalks below if he has it in him to be spontaneously funny with odd passers-by.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 1:23 PM

Babs must be thrilled about that. Not.

Heh. Probably not. :-)

dreamy

dreamy

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 1:38 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. But, the CW? What kind of promos/ratings could he possibly get?

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 4:18 PM

The show here is on our NBC affiliate.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 7:09 PM

Yep, same here - Was just saying at dinner that it will be weird not tuning into the season premiere of Oprah but instead the premiere show of AC in its place.

Not that Oprah would have gone with Snooki to get a spray tan but I could see her interview the Winehouse family.

dreamy

dreamy

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 8:57 PM

Ah, here in NYC, it's Channel 11, the CW. Ellen is on the NBC affiliate at the same time (and Oz is on the Fox affiliate).

gertrude

gertrude

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 1:39 PM

I was supposed to go to a taping, but the date/time was changed three times due to the hurricane, and in the end I couldn't make it there when it was finally held.

Color me skeptical about Anderson's ability to do both a fluffy talk show and a serious news program at the same time, for this reason. Aren't situations like this going to be coming up regularly?

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 1:54 PM

He said that he will be able leave at any given notice to travel and report on breaking news situations.

I recall when AC made a career choice move to host a competitive reality show The Mole which seemed like a bad call. Guess time will tell.

kems28

kems28

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 2:35 PM

Apparently they're going to shoot a bunch of shows in advance, so if he has to go report from the front lines it won't affect Anderson's scheduling.

ETA: Although I guess of course, that could be messed up if there's breaking news on the day they plan to shoot all those advance shows.

Edited by kems28, Sep 12, 2011 @ 2:36 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

I'm telling you, the audience coordinators are going to be the hardest working department at this show. I received multiple emails and phone calls when the the dates/times changed. I agree they'll be doing that quite a bit with Anderson's desire to be at the location where news is happening.

I prefer talk shows to be live, or at least current, but I doubt that will happen with this show and its pre-tapes. It may cause some bizarre moments if Anderson or a guest mentions a situation or location that changes drastically from tape date to air date. Imagine if a celeb is talking about their vacation home in Vermont, then the next week a hurricane blows through and that area of Vermont is badly flooded & the show airs the day after. AC might even be reporting live on CNN from the flood site at night, and also exchanging lighthearted banter about it the next afternoon.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 3:03 PM

Reminds of the Oprah show last season when a taped interview with her pals The Obama's was scheduled on a Monday.

Yet, BIG BREAKING NEWS of Bin Laden's capture broke on Sunday night.

Either that episode would be cancelled and another shown in its replacement or run the show as planned but briefly provide explanation that it is taped show for home audiences to understand that no discussion of Osama's death.

No doubt, production can communicate and produce accordingly in this ultra fast media world we now live in.

snaggle

snaggle

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 4:55 PM

Ok, so where I live Anderson is on 3 times a day. At 9am he's on CBS, at 10am on ABC & at 4pm on the CW.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 6:41 PM

Have any San Diegans found out if or when the premiere episode will show, since the U.S. Open final is still going on?

Edited to add that I just saw the scroll, today's episode will air tomorrow at its usual time. Which means we'll always be a show behind, unless a show gets skipped (and it would be a shame if it's tomorrow's ep since Kathy Griffin will be on).

Edited by Scrambled Eggs, Sep 12, 2011 @ 6:47 PM.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 7:27 PM

I like Anderson but he seemed pretty awkward and nervous considering he's been on camera live for hundreds of hours. I didn't watch the whole show, though -- not interested in Amy Winehouse.

HopeWings

HopeWings

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 7:44 PM

Agreed, Queasy. I set my DVR for the first epi, and was immediately turned off by the Amy Winehouse bit. I'll leave it on DVR for another week, then we'll see...

Kajo

Kajo

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 7:44 AM

Anderson said on the Joy Behar show last night that he has pretaped a show with his mom that will be aired next Monday 9/19. He said it was very personal, all about her difficult life and yet how she remains upbeat at 87 years old. He said the producers (without his knowledge) taped some things with his mother that he didn't know about and when he heard them, he cried. I think Gloria Vanderbilt is very strange with her writing an erotic novel at age 85 and wanting her son AC to proofread it and also how she is into fortune telling etc. Either way, I am looking forward to that show just because GVB is of a different breed and actually so is her son. They make for interesting TV.

curbed

curbed

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 9:31 AM

I think Anderson came off like he was still reporting news which made him stiff/uncomfortable for a talk show. He needs to loosen up a bit. I have no interest in Amy Winehouse but I did enjoy the interview & how it was put together. Like the set & the view outside of NY. Overall I liked it & I'll still be watching.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 9:45 AM

I don't think this was a particularly good show to pick for the first episode. Maybe I'm wrong and it's some major coup to be speaking to the Winehouses. Although I love her music, I wasn't clamoring to hear from her family. Aside from the beehive wearing superfans, it seems a narrow interest, and particularly the father seemed way too into being on camera.

I didn't like how the show was organized, as there seemed to be way too many ad breaks. I prefer longer segments with more commercials in a row when the breaks do happen.

Finally, what was the deal with the overflow room that they had to build(?) to hold all Amy's fans? They're in the Time Warner Center - I don't think they're building anything. Also, I received email from the Anderson people last week asking if I was a big Amy Winehouse fan. They said they wanted to pack a room for a special performance being taped Friday and wanted it filled with Winehouse fans, so they went searching for these fans-it's not like the showed up for the taping without tickets demanding to be let in. If all those people who showed up were sent the same email I received, I hope they weren't too disappointed that no one was there to sing. I know that's what I would have expected.

I'm not willing to give up on Anderson - I'll give him a bunch more chances - but if the shows are mostly like this one, I won't be tuning in by October.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 11:15 AM

AC intrigues me. I think I will definitely being hanging out with Mr. Cooper.

As a young boy he was aware of his Mother's family wealth when growing up and I remember him stating than when he saw statues of his family/descendants of the Vanderbuilt fortunes he thought all grandparents must turn into cement figures when they die.

I am looking forward to his interview with his Mom and I know that he was somewhat closer to his father or that part of the family who were from the South and poor, it will be interesting to see and hear about it.

itsmejessica

itsmejessica

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 11:28 AM

I am looking forward to his interview with his Mom and I know that he was somewhat closer to his father or that part of the family who were from the South and poor, it will be interesting to see and hear about it.

I had never heard that. I am looking foward to his mom. He always tells the best stories about her on Regis and Kelly.