9-13: "5 Chefs Compete" 2011.09.05

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

97 replies to this topic

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 5:21 PM

Will and Paul both look like they need baths. I wouldn't want either one preparing my food.
Tommy is an idiotic tattooed freak who looks like he should be the third man with Will and Paul in the tub - Rub-a-dub-dub.
Jennifer is a mediocre cook who's only purpose on the show is to argue with Elise and have an icky TV romance with Paul.

Elise FTW!!!

Talk about damning with faint praise :-o

The following returning chefs, only they're teamed up with Elise!

-- Scott Hawley (HK7)
-- Autumn Lewis (HK7)
-- Russell Kook (HK8)

I think you could easily come up with 12 other similar contestants across the run of HK and have a full season that would have the series living up to its name. Sabrina comes immediately to mind, as do Van and Tennille, so recently on exhibit. In fact, I think if they do an All-Stars, that's how they should cast it. That way, we can watch the social experiment of 16 BEMs in a bottle and not have to care about the actual competition, because every week we get to watch someone obnoxious get the GRR boot, and we're guaranteed to hate the winner so what does it matter?

YMMV.

Edited by SpeciousLogic, Sep 7, 2011 @ 5:21 PM.

Fosca

Fosca

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 8:12 AM

I think you could easily come up with 12 other similar contestants across the run of HK and have a full season that would have the series living up to its name. Sabrina comes immediately to mind, as do Van and Tennille, so recently on exhibit. In fact, I think if they do an All-Stars, that's how they should cast it. That way, we can watch the social experiment of 16 BEMs in a bottle and not have to care about the actual competition, because every week we get to watch someone obnoxious get the GRR boot, and we're guaranteed to hate the winner so what does it matter?

Wow, I'd be so watching this. It bothers me to see Elise (or anyone) steamroll over people who are more talented and/or likeable, but if they were all egotistic boors, that would be amazing fun.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 5:38 PM

I mean, geez, if Van (I'd forgotten how annoying he was) can be an Executive Chef, anybody can do it.
In the caption under his name it said he was an Executive Sous Chef but I think he said Executive Chef. My guess is he's a executive sous chef and he was just trying to make it sound better. It's like when some chefs refer to where they work as my restaurant

That's a promotion for him; he used to be a fish cook.

decembre

decembre

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 12:22 PM

It would be hard to justify sending Elise home before Tommie at this point ... if Ramsay has decided to accept the pathological lying then it's clear that Tommie is the least competent chef. Also that would balance out the genders.

KAT from LA

KAT from LA

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 6:30 PM

Okay I'm sure you all really know that this show was taped months ago and all the competitors are holding weekly viewing parties for the friends and families. So, would someone like Elise actually be embarassed while her friends and family see her lie, throw temper tantrums and cry because her team lost a challenge or does whatever personality disorder that she possesses preclude her from having such a reaction?

You know, I was wondering the same thing, particularly with this episode, because I read somewhere that Elise's restaurant holds the viewing parties? In the hometown article about her, Elise seemed very, very respectable. I've been wondering if she's a plant, too. I know she has a family... I wonder if she was offered so much money that she was willing to put her reputation on the line to play the Screaming Banshee role. That way, at a viewing party, everyone who knows her and knows that she isn't really that way would crack up at an episode like this.

I'd like to think so, I guess. She's been bad but this ep was just beyond the pale. It's just not pleasant watching the show at all anymore. I feel stressed when I watch it!

I came very close to dining in HK last year but I have a food allergy and they absolutely won't let you dine there if that's the case. That season began taping in February and did not air until a few months later.

I know what you means as it's stressful for me too. I know what it's like to work with difficult people and I don't think it's right to unnecessarily add stress to an already stressful situation. If she is a plant, she really excels at acting like a bitch.

MaddyBnj

MaddyBnj

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 3:01 PM

In fact, I think if they do an All-Stars, that's how they should cast it. That way, we can watch the social experiment of 16 BEMs in a bottle and not have to care about the actual competition, because every week we get to watch someone obnoxious get the GRR boot, and

I had to look up BEM in Urban Dictionary and was hilariously pleased at how well it fits, from now on we should acknowledge that the accepted meaning has been amended to be: Bug-Eyed-Monster, also known as: Contestant Currently Appearing On A Reality Show. (And I'm still waiting for the current Ms. Obnoxious to be booted, GRR!!)

firedragon76

firedragon76

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 8:14 AM

getawayjordan Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 11:43 pm
Will and Paul both look like they need baths. I wouldn't want either one preparing my food.

I absolutely agree. Also about what everyone said about Will's baseballcap being not appropriate in restaurants.

I don't know about regulations in the US as I am living in Europe, but when I was in school and doing the mandatory internships in restaurants we were not allowed to run around the kitchen with ponytails or bangs sticking out. Long hair had to be in an updo (yes, also if a guy had long hair) that was covered with a headscarf (not bandanas either but made from the same material as the rest of the uniform so you could wash it at 90C) or a chef's hat. I cringe when I see all the hair-whipping going on in HK.

Elise should have been eliminated weeks ago. No matter how good a cook she might be, she's not a team player and definitely not a leader, just a little wannabe-dictator. She's not a chef either or she wouldn't have to ask if the meat was okay or overdone three times.

Trader Joe

Trader Joe

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 8:20 AM

"5. bem"
Booger Eating Moron. Someone of low intelligence.
What a bunch of BEMs, they probably can't tie their own shoes.

I prefer definition #5, which is terribly funny since its a COOKING show.

Edited by Trader Joe, Sep 12, 2011 @ 8:21 AM.