13-26: 2011.09.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

55 replies to this topic

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 1:49 AM

This was an extremely boring episode. I could care less about both Tori Spelling and Jessie.

BostonsKrissy

BostonsKrissy

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 2:26 AM

Does production hate Kalia? There were subtle hints that they do. Her sleeping was one, I forgot the other.

How about that segment from last episode about Kalia farting throughout the veto competition? Then asking everyone else during their DR's to zing her about it, and poor girl had nothing to defend herself with but say I swear to God I don't pass gas! Granted, that part of the episode was hilarious to me.

I thought it was sweet Adam met Tori. And the girls, especially Porcha definitely needed some new clothes. And Rachel was adorable with Jesse. I sincerely believe her excitement for Adam was true and genuine.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 2:36 AM

It'd be great if Jordo came out of her funk. Jeff's been gone for a week, deal with it. Show some energy for the game.

I think that's been her energy level for the game even with Jeff there. It just wasn't as noticeable with him around.

Does production hate Kalia? There were subtle hints that they do. Her sleeping was one, I forgot the other.

Tonight they changed the music during the HOH comp to a slow dumpy tune (hard to describe) when they focused on Kalia during the donut race. I didn't think that was subtle or necessary. We get it Grodner - Kalia bad, Rachel good. Sheesh. I didn't hear any of the girls mention how Adam basically sits around and smokes all day - flip flopping alliances.

My Eyes, My Eyes!! Good grief, Big Brother how much do you hate me? I never want to see Adam shirtless again. Then Tori has her own near miss when Adam changes is clothes in the front hallway. [Wth?] And while I'm in the shallow end, I thought Kalia's hair looked great all wavy in her DR after the HOH comp.

janesdoe

janesdoe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 9:42 AM

Tonight they changed the music during the HOH comp to a slow dumpy tune (hard to describe) when they focused on Kalia during the donut race. I didn't think that was subtle or necessary. We get it Grodner - Kalia bad, Rachel good. Sheesh. I didn't hear any of the girls mention how Adam basically sits around and smokes all day - flip flopping alliances.

That reminds me of the mocking church music that they played when Jameka was praying in the HOH room on season 8.

thalia ann

thalia ann

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 10:32 AM

Re: jordan's inability to say Jeff was her boyfriend and thus she thought he was much cuter/sexier than Brendon. Her inability to gush over Jeff, in the DR, is one reason why I don't take her "handful" comment about Rachel on live tv as indicative of her true feelings about her. Girlfriend just can't make over people in public.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 10:45 AM

Besides the music cue Cosmocrush mentioned, there was one cut to Kalia mindlessly eating chips directly after a clip of someone talking strategy with Rachel. To me, it read as a "Ho, ho, I’m blithely eating potato chips instead of focusing on the game" sort of thing. Reading the recap reminded me that editing also made a big deal of Kalia sleeping through Rachel’s shouted invitation to view her HoH room.

As much as I never wanted to see Jessie’s face on my screen again, I did find the back-and-forth between him and Rachel pretty entertaining. He definitely seemed to be in on the joke that is his BB character, and the way she kept ignoring him and focusing on the TV feed of the rest of the house shopping ended up being the best part to the episode for me.

I would prefer not to see Jordan win, but if she makes it to F2 I think it’s an impressive accomplishment. As the only former winner in the house (once Dick took himself off), she’s had a big target on her back from Day 1. I’m rooting for Rachel, though.

It was so weird not to hear Shelly’s braying or sobbing Diary Room interviews in this episode. I am glad she’s gone, but guess I just became accustomed to hearing her in the past several episodes.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 5, 2011 @ 11:21 AM.

LivenLetLive

LivenLetLive

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 11:52 AM

So Kalia tried to get Rachel out and doesn't understand why she is still there? LOL, does the name Lawon ring a bell? Kalia deserves to go based on her unbelievable stupidity where Jordan is concerned (I mean really, voting out a sure vote to protect a competitor who won't give you the time of day, this is certainly Jordan's "genius," getting these saps to protect her, LOL.)

wildginger

wildginger

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 1:09 PM

We know why Jordan wants to take Rachel to the end. But why does Rachel want to take Jordan to the end?

ZSweetJane

ZSweetJane

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 2:05 PM

As the only former winner in the house (once Dick took himself off), [Jordan has] had a big target on her back from Day 1.

You would think, but I have never heard even one hamster say that they would get rid of Jordan simply because she had already won the $500K. To me, this should have been the reason to get rid of her a long time ago for both vet and newbie. But when she was on the block as a pawn, it never even came up.

DAngelus

DAngelus

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 2:56 PM

I recall [Jordan] didn't last too long on her banana either.

She was second off, after Cassi (who threw it). I rewatched eps 1 & 2 on Saturday. She was outlasted by Adam, by a considerable amount. (Adam had noticeably more energy in ep 1, btw. By later that week, he was already into his "Sorry, Dom, I love you, but i gotta do what's best for me" floater persona.)

the veto that Brendon won to save Rachel, but maybe she didn't play in that one.

She didn't. Besides Dani (HoH) and Brenchel (nominees), the other players were Adam (eliminated when Rachel chewed the gum in time), Jeff (knocked out when he couldn't fill the milk quick enough) and Porsche (in the final with Brendon, would have won if he didn't sink the putt with :02 remaining).

So don't worry, whitless256…you're not the only one with a "scary" memory.

Kind of funny to think that Kalia thought she was "going with the house" to vote out Adam. Honey, if Shelly had R/J's votes, she wouldn't have had to make that hard-sell speech right in front of you. And if she didn't have the votes, the hard-sell speech was unlikely to work on both of them. Not too bright, K.

(Especially since, on a fundamental level, the chance of Jordan keeping someone who turned on her and Jeff, and Rachel keeping someone who was so vitriolic towards her, is pretty low, all "well, maybe we should consider keeping Shelly" strategy sessions aside. JMO.)

Edited by DAngelus, Sep 5, 2011 @ 2:57 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 3:41 PM

We know why Jordan wants to take Rachel to the end. But why does Rachel want to take Jordan to the end?

I'm not sure she really does. But if she does take Jordan then it's because I don't think Rachel is as good at this game as she thinks she is; she would be long gone if Brendan hadn't sacrificed his own game and gave her his veto. He also was a somewhat of a shield for her horrible social game. That and she's playing against some really dumbass hgs.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 7:09 PM

I loved the Rachel/Jessie scenes. And it's kinda icky that Adam admitted to calling out Donna Martin during sex. Poor Farah.

Traylee

Traylee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

Rachel hates floaters but she's keeping the ULTIMATE floater around. WHy does every year some lazy POS ,manage to float their way this deep into the game?!

I’m actually more annoyed with Jordan’s floating than I am with Adam’s. Sure he’s a sycophant and a superfan who’s really only made it this far because he’s a threat to no one but at least everyone recognizes that. The same can’t be said for Jordan. I couldn’t believe she actually fixed her lips to say Kalia and Porsche just woke up on day 55 when she has yet to come alive. What’s even worse is that everyone else seems to be operating under that same delusion as well. No one seems to recognize that she’ll be the last vet to go only because no one is even a bit afraid she might actually show up to a competition. She’s quite possibly worse than Adam because initially Adam had to at least try to form some relationships whereas she had an entire team of competitors protecting, coddling, and taking all the heat. No one else in the game has ever enjoyed an advantage like that, not even Dani.

And while I'm in the shallow end, I thought Kalia's hair looked great all wavy in her DR after the HOH comp.

I want Kalia’s hair. It’s really, really pretty. I usually do my reality TV viewing in my computer room so that the rest of the house doesn’t have to suffer my bad taste, but last night I watched BB in the living room where the TV is almost twice the size. I was shocked at how much smaller Kalia looked. She probably needs to have her breasts reduced, but she really isn’t all that big.

To me, this should have been the reason to get rid of her a long time ago for both vet and newbie. But when she was on the block as a pawn, it never even came up.

I think it’s because she’s such a horrible competitor that talk of getting rid of her never really enters into the equation. Much like Adam and for the exact same reasons, she’s just not on anyone’s radar.

I was asking myself that same question. The best I can figure is that Rachel almost has to. Or, rather, she can’t be the one to get rid of her. I tend to think if Rachel put up Jordan, she’d pay for it by losing Jeff, Jordan, and possibly Shelly’s vote as well. She really needs someone else to do it for her.

At this point I would be mightily satisfied if either Kalia or Porshe win. They’re the only two, other than Rachel, who’ve actually done anything significant and I would just like to see the vets literally beaten at their own game. The more I think about how enormously unfair it was to pair up returning players and past winners against newbies, it impresses me even more that Kalia and Porsche were able to stay in the game this long. Neither of these women had a guard dog around to protect them and threaten other players into submission. Plus, I would like nothing more than to see a newbie win despite all the attempts to keep a vet in the game.

Barton

Barton

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 11:08 PM

Did we even see Porshe in her HOH room at all last week? (other than when she opened PB) Of course we didn't get her "Who wants to see..." seeing that she's not one of the chosen, but naturally we got Rachel's, since we all needed to be reminded that she has a fiance named Brendan out there somewhere.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 11:37 PM

Did we even see Porshe in her HOH room at all last week? (other than when she opened PB) Of course we didn't get her "Who wants to see..." seeing that she's not one of the chosen, but naturally we got Rachel's, since we all needed to be reminded that she has a fiance named Brendan out there somewhere.

That was really annoying to, because in response to someone, (not sure who complaining all she did was lay out in her bikini, decided to do the whole who wants to see my HOH room in her Bikini top.

kuribo

kuribo

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 4:52 AM

As she came downstairs, Rachel referred to Jessie as an "impact superstar", which I guess means he's working for T.N.A. Impact Wrestling, the W.W.E's main competitor. (I haven't followed wrestling for years, so I could be wrong.) Good for Jessie, I know that was a dream of his.

Yes, Jessie has a job working for Impact Wrestling (they're doing away with the TNA part, gradually).

He also, if memory serves, worked in WXW for awhile, where he was managed by Survivor's Jonny Fairplay.

MooseMe

MooseMe

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 8:49 AM

She’s quite possibly worse than Adam because initially Adam had to at least try to form some relationships whereas she had an entire team of competitors protecting, coddling, and taking all the heat.

I think that Jordan's reputation from her last season has helped her more than anything she did this season. House Guests were and are still ready to trust and protect her partially because she was the sweet golden girl of Season 11. In this season, she doesn't come off as sweet or nice, but her reputation precedes her. Many are super fans, or at least saw some seasons, so they know Brenchel was crazy, Daniele was a manipulator, and J/J were perfect.

I would just like to see the vets literally beaten at their own game. The more I think about how enormously unfair it was to pair up returning players and past winners against newbies, it impresses me even more that Kalia and Porsche were able to stay in the game this long. Neither of these women had a guard dog around to protect them and threaten other players into submission. Plus, I would like nothing more than to see a newbie win despite all the attempts to keep a vet in the game.

This is exactly how I feel. I'd like to see newbie get to the end despite the twists, not because of them like the vets. I know twists are part of the game, between Brendon's return, the PB, the pre-existing relationships (I know newbies had numbers, but they also couldn't trust each other like the vets could. And there were super fans), playing in challenges before - they all helped the vets.

I'm not saying the twists were wrong, really - Big Brother hasn't been fair, especially recent seasons, so you shouldn't expect it to be now - I'm just saying it would be nice to see someone who, in my eyes, had a lot of disadvantages thrown at them, overcome and make it to the end.

Edited by MooseMe, Sep 6, 2011 @ 8:51 AM.

kricka

kricka

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 10:55 AM

I don't watch Big Brother because it's fair. It's never been fair as far as I can tell. I watch BB because it entertains the shit out of me every summer. Although usually by the time we get to this point in the game, the whole thing is pretty dull, IMO.

Regardless, I was quite amused by the Rachel/Jessie PB banter. I thought it was nice of Tori to show up at the house.

Personally, and I have been watching BBAD, I would be very sad to see Kalia win this, as she is annoying as fuck as as far as I can tell. Also, Porsche is dull, dull, dull. I have no beef towards Jordan, who I think was talked into this season by Jeff and expected to be voted out long before this, so that leaves Rachel. God help me, but I like the woman this season (except for her obnoxious, over-the-top DRs), and I would be thrilled to see her win. She busts her ass to win, is good TV (even when I hate her), and it would be a shame to see Adam win, considering that I can't even give him the He May Not Have Won A Thing But Played A Good Social Game spiel, as he seemed to melt into the woodwork pretty quickly, and stayed there. Sandra from Survivor he is not.

I am really more interested in what is going on in the Jury House, but that is probably true at this point most seasons. I have always hoped that we would get at least a half an episode Jury House. Even an online 'Ponderosa' or 'Elimination Station' type dealio would make me happy.

LADreamr

LADreamr

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 11:08 AM

Wrong thread, never mind.

Edited by LADreamr, Sep 6, 2011 @ 11:10 AM.

kiki38

kiki38

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 12:10 PM

God help me, but after last night, I inexplicably find myself on the 'Team Rachel' train! I feel like, of the 5 left, Rachel has had a variety of roadblocks she's managed to get past, most noteably she HAS been a huge target and still managed to dodge more than a few bullets. (The largest of which being her piss poor social game, which should have sunk her) I also find her as a Brendon-less Rachel far more tolerable, and even a tad bit likeable. (She was pretty damned entertaining during the Jessie Shopping Spree.) She's kicked butt at a large number of comps, she's managed to stick with her alliance, and she actually is using some strategic thinking now and again.

The only other person still left in the house I'd be behind winning would be Porcia, although I think she completely wasted her 'free time' with the golden key and could have been using it to better-play her social game and shore up a stronger alliance for herself.

Adam's reaction to Tori Spelling was pretty awesome!

Why are we having a Wednesday eviction? Does that mean that Thursday will have another one? Or is the Sunday stuff getting pushed out because of the 9/11 stuff on Sunday?

Traylee

Traylee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 2:45 PM

Kiki, it does look like 9/11 coverage is preempting the Sunday show.

Gladys4351

Gladys4351

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 5:09 PM

I'd also like to see Rachel win, and I find Porsche to be extremely dull. I'll be so happy when she's evicted, and I hope she doesn't win or make F2. I don't know what it is about Porsche that annoys me so much, but she does. Rachel makes me laugh and she really is much more tolerable without Brendan. I hope Rachel at least makes the F2.

Jessica Monroe

Jessica Monroe

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 3:20 PM

At this point I would LOVE to see Adam win. I never really saw him as a competitor in the beginning, but he is in my opinion, playing a good game. Heck, he is the last man standing and everyone loves him so why not vote for him to win?

I was so happy to see him freak out over Tori Spelling too. Good for CBS in making his dream come true so that even if he does not win, he still has Donna Martin!

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 5:17 PM

At this point I would LOVE to see Adam win. I never really saw him as a competitor in the beginning, but he is in my opinion, playing a good game. Heck, he is the last man standing and everyone loves him so why not vote for him to win?

I can't stand Adam. I think his game is designed to get him deep but it won't let him win. Any time he could make an active move he doesn't. He's claiming that he doesn't have any blood on his hands, but Dani is completely aware that if it wasn't for Adam she'd still be in the game. Shelly's pissed that Adam's wishywashness helped cause the whole big mess and made the target on her back a lot bigger. I'm sure Porsche and Kalia aren't fond of him. Heck Jordan and Rachel know like the instant they lost the numbers and the power Adam went to the other side of the house. When they got the power back he came crawling. I doubt they respect his game much either.

wootan

wootan

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 8:23 PM

I've seen a lot of losers in my time but Adam takes the cake. He gives Heavy Metal a really BAD name. A wimp, a weird 40 yr old loser and a wimp and I can't even imagine the woman who would date him. Get an education Adam instead of watching 90210 reruns and trying to be a realty star.

Cockapoo2

Cockapoo2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 8:36 PM

sorry wrong thread

Edited by Cockapoo2, Sep 7, 2011 @ 8:44 PM.