13-26: 2011.09.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

55 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Sep 3, 2011 @ 10:01 PM

HoH completion/nominations

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:01 PM

I. Love. Jessie.
Used to despise him, now he's the bestest. Hee Hee

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:02 PM

Well this episode was lame as shit.

Jordan in the DR saying she wants her and Rachel to be final two in order to, "show that we made it against all odds." Oh. You mean the odds that were tremendously stacked in your favor from the get-go and manipulated beyond belief throughout the game for you? Ok. So I guess the producers are trying to spin J/R as some sort of "underdog" story? Well, I don't buy it.

Glad we got to see Rachel's "who wants to see my HOH?!?" for the 3rd time but we never got to see Porsche's. Oh well, guess that's appropriate considering her HOH didn't actually exist. Also, like, being a shitty driver and being in a ton of accidents is just so darn wacky and cute! Oh that Rachel! barf.

Also nice that they rewarded Adam for playing along with their desired outcome of a vet final two and siding with R/J over P/K. What an absolute douche Adam has turned out to be. And how insulting for this fluff PB that was of no consequence to ANYBODY to come along a week after one that completely obliterated the game for Shelly, Porsche & Kalia. Well. Rachel was kinda funny while trapped in the room with Jesse? I feel dirty for admitting that.

Funny how it's okay for Rachel to say it's "our" HOH to Jordan because they have to decide what's best for both of them, but nobody else is allowed to do that. AKA Dani & Kalia or Kalia & Porsche. And Jordan critiquing other peoples' lack of activity in the house is also hilarious.

See ya later, Kalia. If only you'd been a competitor and not a floater, then Rachel would have never nominated you in the first place... But everyone knows how much she hates floaters so you had to kn...wait a second..!!

I've already invested too much time on this season to quit, but good lord I wish it would just end already so I can work on suppressing the memory for the rest of my life.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:03 PM

I almost wish the entire episode had been nothing but Rachel and Jesse in Pandora's Box. From the moment she said he wasn't a celebrity after she walked in, I laughed almost the entire time. He has not changed a bit as he remains oblivious to his narcissism and cartoonish doucheness. About the only thing that would have made that Pandora's Box better would have been if Dani had been in there instead of Rachel.

About the best thing I can say about that HoH competition was that no one got stuck in the glaze like Kathy who became trapped in the caramel last year. Pity about the winner even though Rachel was the best choice of the five to be stuck in PB Hell.

Thankfully we only have to wait three more days until another one of these dull people is sent packing.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:09 PM

The hatred for Adam makes me a sad panda. Sure he hasn't played the best game, but person wise, he seems like a solid dude. I'm happy he got to see his favorite person in the world. He's not going to win the game, so let him have his moment. I find Jordan and Kalia much more intolerable than him.

Jordan acts like she could care less about anything anymore, and Kalia, just eats, sleeps, and talks shit all day and night. I just feel bad for Adam having to come back and read such mean things about him, when he hasn't been a mean person at all. Just a big, silly, butt kisser, but not a mean, arrogant fuck.. JEFF..

Porsche and Rachel final 2, Rachel deserves it.
Love her or hate her, she gives her all to this game.
Respect.
I also think Jessie is an arrogant tool, but he knows he's making a parody of himself and doesn't care. He's making a brand for himself, and getting himself on tv.
Respect.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:11 PM

He has not changed a bit as he remains oblivious to his narcissism and cartoonish doucheness.

I think at this point, Jesse is just playing a character. He even almost broke down into laughter a few times during that segment. While I don't argue that the man is still probably a narcisist, it really felt like a character tonight. And Rachel's proclamations of suffering? Those seemed pretty fake too.

janesdoe

janesdoe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:12 PM

I'm just so over this season starring Rachel. She was out relatively early her season but I don't understand what was/is so appealing to her through the producers eyes. Even the fact that they brought her back for that day during her season was random as hell. Sure she brings the drama but has Big Brother jumped shark so bad that this is what they think the need? I can understand their J&J love because they were America's golden children. But I just don't get it with Rachel.

I will say that Rachel's awe at watching the tv while Jessie tried to engage her was cute.
Lol at "How do you spell your name?" "With an R…" As though there are any other ways to spell Rachel without an 'R' haha.

Tori Spelling visiting was um... random. Though I am glad that a newbie actually got something that excited him so much. I thought he was going to crap his pants.

Spazzo47

Spazzo47

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:18 PM

This was a lighter episode than what 'm used to, and I have to admit that I was entertained by it. I felt like Jesse was playing hte character of Jesse and that Rachel was in on the joke the whole time. I think that's what made her being in PB hell (as someone so aptly named it) so funny. She was playing a character, he was playing a character and they were both just having a good time doing it.

In spite of myself, Rachel talking about all her air headed accidents also made me laugh.

I kept looking at Tori Spelling's face and trying to identify why it looked weird. Was she wearing too much lipstick or has she had her lips worked on in some way? I don't usually notice what people look like, but something just seemed off on her and I think it was in her lip area.

Oh, production people, please do whatever you have to so that you never have to show a shirtless adam again.

Does production hate Kalia? There were subtle hints that they do. Her sleeping was one, I forgot the other.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:18 PM

I also think Jessie is an arrogant tool, but he knows he's making a parody of himself and doesn't care.

This. Before, I don't think he "got" that he's a major joke ~~ he took himself totally serious. Finally, it seems, he caught on and now is just playing a character.

I also liked Rachel more during the "Jessie & Rachel" show than I ever have before. And I generally can't stand her.

Maybe it's the two of them combined that make each more likeable. Whatever.....

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:19 PM

I just feel bad for Adam having to come back and read such mean things about him, when he hasn't been a mean person at all. Just a big, silly, butt kisser, but not a mean, arrogant fuck.. JEFF..

I don't feel bad and I strongly disagree. I thought Adam seemed like a good guy too and I liked him and rooted for him but he's just about as bad as Jeff for idolizing and emulating him. He sucks and his ass-kissing and stupidity is extremely off-putting. I don't feel bad about it either, because I am confident in thinking that if Adam was watching this season, he'd hate the player he's become too.

I kept looking at Tori Spelling's face and trying to identify why it looked weird. Was she wearing too much lipstick or has she had her lips worked on in some way? I don't usually notice what people look like, but something just seemed off on her and I think it was in her lip area.

That's just how Tori looks. She has an unusual/weird look. People seem to think she's either really pretty or really ugly. I like her unusual appearance. She's almost like a cartoon character.

Edited by Busy Bee, Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:22 PM.

I aye aye

I aye aye

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:20 PM

Everything Busy Bee said.

I have never liked Rachel so much as when she was trapped in PB. The girl was funny. "How do you spell Rachel?" "With an R." and "Do I have to keep this stuff?"

But Rachel has painted herself into a corner. It's actually smart to want to weed out your competitors and go to the end with weak players. But over two seasons she has made such a big deal about wanting to play against competitors, it makes her seem like a - as I and many others here have said before - hypocrite to switch to that strategy now. Besides which (again, I'm not the only one to say this) Jordan may not win the final comps, but she is very likely to win the game over not only Rachel, but any of the others left. Does Rachel get that? Does Adam?

And, Jessie: get a fucking job!

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:26 PM

Porsche and Rachel final 2, Rachel deserves it.
Love her or hate her, she gives her all to this game.

I think Rachel stopped caring about the game some time back, probably after Brendan left. She's now playing to lose to Jordan, as Adam is. I suppose they just want TV time, which makes sense, on some level, but gameplay is long gone.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:29 PM

Fair enough, I just think he's a good guy. He was stuck in the house with a bunch of pretty boys. He wanted to fit in. I just always feel bad for someone who I think is a really good guy, getting shat on so much. Yes he sucks at comps, yes he kisses ass. It's gotten him this far though, so there ya go.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:33 PM

I'm sure he's a nice person, but his choices have gotten him far in the game as a lapdog for people he has no chance of beating. It also got him very little recognition from the show, which I think he will be surprised by. He got to meet Tori Spelling, so that's nice for him. I just don't enjoy having Chicken George 2.0 on the show.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:43 PM

If you read the Spoilers Thread, you might change your mind about Adam, based on something he just said.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:55 PM

Loved the visit by Tori Spelling. What fun. The producers must like Adam so much to have arranged this treat for the HG's.

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:57 PM

The producers love that Adam is helping the vets get farther even though it benefits his game in no way whatsoever.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 8:58 PM

This. Before, I don't think he "got" that he's a major joke ~~ he took himself totally serious. Finally, it seems, he caught on and now is just playing a character.

I've met him a comic con, he is totally aware that he's playing a character now, and he seems to be a decent guy. I think he grew up since his first season. He's still a little annoyed that he got screwed by America twice. (though I think it's more likely Grodner. but he's taken that and found a way to make a career out of it, so more power to him.

As for Adam, I admit a lot of why I don't like him is partially based off the feeds, but he's annoying and pathetic. Being bad at comps is one thing, but he sucks up to people so much, he seems more immature than Dominic that whole the grass is greener thing is not true he didn't have a moment of weakness, he's weak he went with the power and as soon as the power went back to Rachel he was on his hands and knees begging to be let back in.

Loved the visit by Tori Spelling. What fun. The producers must like Adam so much to have arranged this treat for the HG's.

The producers love that Adam is helping the vets get farther even though it benefits his game in no way whatsoever.

I think it's more what busy bee said also given that they knew he'd freak and knew it would make good tv. You know Tori's working on her restraining order.

So let's recap, Porsche's PB screwed her HOH and removed a good chunk of her power. Rachel's inconvenienced her for 40 minutes.

Edited by Marq DeCarabas, Sep 4, 2011 @ 9:05 PM.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

So let's recap, Porsche's PB screwed her HOH and removed a good chunk of her power. Rachel's inconvenienced her for 40 minutes.

And gave her the leverage of saying "I did it for you, Adam!" thus securing herself his wishy-washy support when she needs it most.

North of Eden

North of Eden

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 9:24 PM

So, let me see if I understand this. The PANDORA's BOX for Porsche was designed to destroy the newbie's game and save Rachel and Jordan and Rachel's PANDORA'S BOX was soley to get a rise out of Adam's Little Adam and shoe horn in a visit from Grodner's pet ape Jessie. If there is anyone left out there that still doubts producer manipulation and rigging these disproportionate PANDORA'S BOX seems to bear the theory out.

Adam refering to Tori as Donna Martin is a classic stalker give away when an obsessed fan confuses the actor with the character. CBS really shouldn't encourage the tool.

Now c'mon.I like Tori Spelling as much as the next guy but I had to fast forward through the whole segment because I couldn't stand watching the Producers full fill Adam's fantasy and what Jessie parade around in his speedos. Worst episode of the season bar none.

I hate the fact that we are now at the point of the season where a slug like Adam will make his way to the final two by doing nothing simply because everyone knows they can beat him...I don't want to see him with $50,000 for doing nothing. ANd I'm sick of talk about how Kahlia and Porsche have slept the entire game away. They've done way more playing that Adam has done or ever will do. Rachel hates floaters but she's keeping the ULTIMATE floater around. WHy does every year some lazy POS ,manage to float their way this deep into the game?!

Part of me wonders if Rachel realizes just how much the producers are manipulating the game to favor her or does she really believe she's made it this far into the game all on her own.

Edited by North of Eden, Sep 4, 2011 @ 9:30 PM.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 9:59 PM

As sick as I am of Jessie, I've got to admit he's a pretty good sport. This is the second time he's been asked to punish someone by making them spend an hour trapped with him.

And as much as I dislike Kalia and Brendon, I also laughed when she said in the DR Brendon looked hot in his old photo and all the girls when "Hey!" then looked at Adam and went " . . . hey."

Speaking of which, what is up with Adam and his weird obsession with Tori Spelling and Beverly Hills 90210? Doesn't that just seem kind of child-like and creepy? I admit I know next to nothing about 90210 but I tend to think of it as a teen show primarily aimed at teen girls, and for a - what - 40? year old man to be so obsessed with it is just . . . weird.

Glad we got to see Rachel's "who wants to see my HOH?!?" for the 3rd time but we never got to see Porsche's. Oh well, guess that's appropriate considering her HOH didn't actually exist.

Well, Porsche got the Chenterview last week. Meanwhile, Rachel has been HoH twice before this and didn't get a Chenterview either time. And I'm not sure how they're going to handle the Wednesday show but I'm betting given the time squeeze she won't get one then either.

I really do wonder how the non-obvious votes would fall if Rachel and Jordan did wind up as the final two. I honestly don't see Jordan getting there without Rachel or someone else dragging her there. She only lucked out in Season 11 because she had to go up against Natalie, the worst competition player in the history of Forever. If she wins nothing in the three-part final HoH comp and still winds up in the final two, I'd like to think some of the jury - even Daniele - might just have to hold their noses and vote for Rachel who beat the odds and fought her way there. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

LolaLilaLilly

LolaLilaLilly

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 10:06 PM

So, who said Tori Spelling's name three times in a mirror to get her back from the dead to get her in the house? And is she taking make-up tips from Harley Quinn?

kelly28rn

kelly28rn

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 10:13 PM

Tori's face didn't look strange to me. I think she's swollen due to her pregnancy. We're so used to seeing her bone thin. I'm glad that she allows herself to gain weight during her pregnancies - unlike those actresses who gain 10 pounds and give birth to tiny 5 pound babies.

LolaLilaLilly

LolaLilaLilly

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 10:28 PM

Nah, I've seen her plenty of times when she wasn't pregnant and she always looks the same to me. I get she's pregnant but, still, chick over does the lipstick just a bit.

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 10:30 PM

I agree that Jessie is a good sport and has grown up considerably since his first season (S10). He knows he's playing character and is just having fun with it. Rachel & Jessie have met and hung out in real life as well, so they both know what was expected of them during their little meeting.

I still don't understand the constant bashing about Kalia & Porsche sleeping the entire game. Kalia won two HoHs and has been a part of several major fights, and Porsche won last week. It just sounds so ridiculous coming from Adam & Jordan of all people.

DAngelus

DAngelus

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 11:39 PM

I danced with Tori Spelling one time. (It's true; it was the premiere party for Waterworld and she was looking good in a turquoise angora crop-top.) That's on-topic, right? I mean we had an entire episode devoted to Adam's crush, so we should all tell our favorite Tori stories. Who's next?

Okay, more seriously, I've always liked Jessie. Even during S10, I saw a boyish charm under his bluster. (He was just 21 at the time.) And he plays the "Mr. Pectacular" character to the hilt. Not quite as much fun as his torturing Britney last season (because she deserved it), when I was just LOL'ing the whole time ("Know what you're gonna feel? The burn, Toots!") but still great. Loved "What's your name, again?" Although I suppose there's no contradiction there…Jessie Godderz knows all about Rachel and the S12 cast, but "Mr. Pectacular" has never heard of her.

All that said, I was a little embarrassed for Rachel with Jessie flexing in that shiny Speedo. She is engaged, after all. "Awk-WARD!"

I'm not surprised the PB was fluffy rather than game-changing; they usually only have one "big deal" PB a season. In S11, we had Kevin making it rain money (harmless) and then Natalie having to give up playing the Veto to see her boyfriend/fiancé. Last season we had Grodner handing her pet, Matt, the D.P.O.V. (because two consecutive "people with small feet" H.o.H. comps wasn't enough, apparently [/bitter]), but then we had "Brendon and Rachel swap places" (which had a small impact in making Enzo suspicious of Kathy, but the D.P.O.V. sealed her fate, anyway), "Have no fear, Britney, Mr. Pectacular is here" and Lane's money tree, all of which were fairly fluffy. That said, Rachel really didn't want to open it…I think if it hadn't been such an obvious "you can use this to manipulate Adam" tease, she might have passed, no matter how much pressure the DR puts on the H.o.H. to open PB. (Abbreviations rule!)

Rachel's noms make sense, since the one thing she doesn't want is one of P/K to be off the block, rescue the other, and force Rachel to put up Jordan. Not only is Adam less likely to win the Veto than either of the females, but he's also less likely to pull that particular move, IMO.

I have a feeling that Porsche is the target, and again I can't really disagree. Maybe it's the "soured friendship" aspect, but Porsche seemed to just be mouthing platitudes at Rachel where Kalia was, I think, honestly willing to contemplate a K/R/J F3. Not the F3 she wanted, true, but I think Kalia can see that it's winnable for her, so why not? I'd feel bad for Porsche, but ever since she started hanging with Daniele she seems more snippy and contemptuous. (Apparently, "Donato" is contagious.) So no loss, IMO.

It'd be great if Jordo came out of her funk. Jeff's been gone for a week, deal with it. Show some energy for the game. I did like her almost drooling over Brendon's pictures, though.

Terrible spoiler during the opening montage. When they did the "and Pandora's Box has a celebrity twist" line or whatever, you could see Rachel in the room with Pandora's Box. (And given that she's the only non-blonde Caucasian female in the House, there really wasn't much doubt it was her.) Not exactly a suspenseful H.o.H. contest after that. Fire the editors!

Interestingly, Rachel is the first H.o.H. not to recite the scripted "Pandora's Box, here we go…" line that they all have to say on walking into the H.o.H. bedroom and seeing PB. I guess with Tori waiting downstairs, they didn't want to waste time shooting retakes of Rachel. I'n fine with that; the scripting of minor lines like that annoys me, tbh.

And, Jessie: get a fucking job!

As she came downstairs, Rachel referred to Jessie as an "impact superstar", which I guess means he's working for T.N.A. Impact Wrestling, the W.W.E's main competitor. (I haven't followed wrestling for years, so I could be wrong.) Good for Jessie, I know that was a dream of his.

LMAO at Adam's threats of revenge at Kalia. You and what army, Bacon Boy?

(No, I'm not going to fight Adam for Tori; my 90210 crushes were Shannen Doherty and, later, Kathleen Robertson. She's all yours, "Metal"-head!)

Edited by DAngelus, Sep 4, 2011 @ 11:42 PM.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 11:40 PM

I still don't understand the constant bashing about Kalia & Porsche sleeping the entire game. Kalia won two HoHs and has been a part of several major fights, and Porsche won last week. It just sounds so ridiculous coming from Adam & Jordan of all people.

I think part of it is just them trying to convince themselves they're more worthy of the prize than Kalia and Porsche, which I think is totally not the case. Especially Jordan who has been finishing dead last in almost every single comp. Even Shelly had been doing better than her before she left, especially (oddly enough) on ENDURANCE. The 41 year old who smokes like a chimney outlasted Jordan on two major endurance comps. Thus, I'd even venture to say that SHELLY is a better "competitor" than Jordan.

Jordan is so full of venom for people that aren't willing to pathe the way to victory for her it's ridiculous.

Edited by whitless256, Sep 4, 2011 @ 11:41 PM.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 11:57 PM

I wonder if Jessie's gonna be on Dick's talk show tonight, it'd be interesting to see if he has anything to dish on the episode.

But they haven't had one for the Sunday ep.

Sara2009

Sara2009

Stalker

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 12:20 AM

Especially Jordan who has been finishing dead last in almost every single comp.

She's come in second quite a few times actually.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 12:52 AM

Especially Jordan who has been finishing dead last in almost every single comp.

She's come in second quite a few times actually.

I can only remember two second places, though I'm willing to be corrected if someone else has a better memory. The two second places were the questions HoH during double eviction and technically the following snake HoH, though her score on her second attempt was less than several others before her.

By my recollection off the top of my head, she came in dead last in the donut HoH, second out in the endurance veto (to Adam), one of many poor performers in the zingbot veto, last or near last in the bubbles HoH that Jeff won, second out in the cornhole veto, stopped trying in the greek themed veto, first out in knockout HoH, second out in the guess the number of ___ HoH, first girl out of the skiing endurance HoH in which Shelly and Porsche lasted considerably longer before dropping, first out of the gumball chewing veto, last in the spelling veto (little), and I recall she didn't last too long on her banana either.

I know I'm missing a few comps that I can't remember, like the veto that Brendon won to save Rachel, but maybe she didn't play in that one. So maybe saying "dead last" was a bit cruel. More like dead second-to-last.

Scary how I can remember all this... I should bust into the house and do the quiz comps for them.