13-25: 2011.09.01

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

113 replies to this topic

Nalan

Nalan

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 8:27 PM

Eviction and next Head of Household Competition.

Tipla

Tipla

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 8:50 PM

I don't understand why they are saying it was a bad move. The only thing that made it a bad move was that Porsche opened Pandora's box. But for that---Rachel or Jordan are out of the house. How can getting someone out at F6 be too early???

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 8:59 PM

Fucking rigged POS. The HoH competition was in Rachel's season.

4 straight physical/non quiz competitions? I'd be shocked if that's happened before.

Another PB box? And announced ahead of time, what are the odds. Just by chance will it favor the HoH this time since Rachel's going to win.

Edited by CK17, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:04 PM.

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:00 PM

Tonight was comparable to Survivor when Jeff Probst gets huffy that someone he liked got voted off. "It was a bad move because you're going home now, Shelly! Aren't you a dumbass?" No, it was the stupid show twist that fucked the newbs game this week.

Then this competition is basically handing Rachel HoH. Rachel's totally winning this season. Ridiculous.

Edited by Phan, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:02 PM.

Fallacy

Fallacy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

Bye Bye Shelly! I'm so happy I don't have to watch her and her crocodile tears any longer.

And yes, Rachel should win this HOH. But that's just two physical comps in a row. I certainly don't count the rolling the ball thing as a physical comp in that any of the houseguests have the stamina and the strength to succeed in that challenge. Plus the very important HOH on DE night was questions, so everyone had a shot at that. This game is always rigged so what do I know.

Edited by Fallacy, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:03 PM.

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

A food competition for HOH? Interesting episode, I don't get why Julie was ribbing Shelly about voting out Jeff, how much longer could she have waited? Its F6 and why apologize? It was a good move and would have worked if a Pandora's Box didn't exist this season.

Brendon looks nice and is tolerable when he wants to be, him and Danielle have good chemistry, Jeff looks rather old and short.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Every time Daniele opens her mouth, I'm reminded how much I hate her. So ungracious.

And honestly? "Shocker!" makes me want to punch myself in the esophagus. They HAVE to stop saying that.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:04 PM

I think this season has now exceeded season 8 in blatant manipulation to get a certain player(s) to the end. Wow. I didn't think it was possible.

The only entertaining parts of this episode were Porsche's talk with Julie, Dani whooping it up in the jury house, and Kalia's expression while Shelly begged R/J to keep her.

Oh, another fun moment was Julie trying to convince us that Shelly made a horrible move and much too soon. LOL, Julie!

Edited by peachmangosteen, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:08 PM.

I'm Wrong

I'm Wrong

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:05 PM

So riddle me this, Julie: if this was the most "tumultuous" week yet in the Big Brother house, then how on earth were you able to dedicate two whole segments on the jury house. Where's all that tumult you're not showing me?! Oh, right - it doesn't exist 'cause producers screwed every ounce of potential drama with the last-minute save-the-vets "twist". Notice, by the way, that they announced the PB for the upcoming week this time, unlike last week.

Also: has there ever been a more apt metaphor in Big Brother history than Adam's likening his extended stay in the house to "hitting the snooze button"? Methinks not.

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

Whelp. I guess they want Rachel to win HOH tonight, boy am I shocked... Blah.

Julie Chen badgering Shelly over the Jeff eviction was just so over the top. "Too soon"? What? It was going into final 6 for cryin' out loud.

Funny how this weeks Pandora's Box was announced beforehand. Wonder if Rachel, I mean, whichever HG wins because it's anybody's game (Right? Right?!?), will have their HOH power null and void.

I had the slim hope the producers would do right be Porsche and allow her to compete, but nope. In an effort to spice up the game, I feel like they're making it just as predictable. See you later, Kalia.

dcsassychica

dcsassychica

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

Really, CBS? You start a 13 minute competition with 8 minutes left in the show? What a "FUCK YOU" to the audience.

Let's get real - Adam and Kalia have NO shot in a physical competition like this. They are out of shape. I don't like conspiracy theories, but between the "duo twist" and this competition, it is obvious that the producers are rigging this for Rachel and Jordan.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

The highlight of the episode - and possibly the season - was Jeff watching himself throw that clown shoe out of his box. And then going on and on about it. Yeah, I'm just going to keep thinking about that during the next week.

Julie was stupid in her interview with Shelly, and I don't say that or even think that about Julie often. "Why did you turn on Jeff so soon"? "There's so many people left"? Is she on crack? Shelly said it perfectly - Jeff couldn't play for HOH, it was a FF (which meant he couldn't spend days browbeating her), he didn't win the veto, she wasn't going to have a better shot. And there were only 7 people left! That's not soon! Yes, Julie, we know. You love Jeff/Jordan. They are CBS's golden couple right now. But could you at least refrain from asking stupid questions? The only reason Shelly is 'regretting' her decision was because there was a suspicious PB twist, followed by a suspicious POV competition. I mean, really. Oh, and apparently Rachel won that veto against all odds, or some such nonsense.

So it's good to know that Jordan and Adam can once again be lousy in a competition, and none of it will even matter. The second I saw that HOH, it was "Oh, looks like Rachel is going to win again. Sucks for you, Kalia". I wonder what questions Julie will ask Kalia when she's evicted next week (unless Porche is). "So, do you regret turning on Jeff/Jordan in the game?"

I don't understand why Rachel insists on being such a bitch during her good-bye videos. Despite being extremely petty, and making herself look bad, it's just poor gameplay. Why have that as Shelly's last view of her? Same with Dani last week? I'm sure she'll say "well, I didn't have their votes anyway" but come ON. At least try!

Arya Snark

Arya Snark

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

I can't see how this was "rigged" towards Rachel. And it's only the second physical competition in a row.

Daniele's attitude in the jury house doesn't surprise me and she's probably really irritating to live with. What a brat. Cocky is unattractive on ANYONE. Dani, Jeff, Rachel, whoever ... just annoying.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Could this whole week have been stacked any more in Rachel's favor? And Jordan is just plain useless, going slow right from the start and seemingly getting lapped by, of all people, Adam!

I really wanted to ask Julie where she got off with basically telling Shelly she made a bad move. The only bad move she made was not pandering to Production's favorites and actually trying to win in a season where Rachel has been pre-ordained to win. If anyone other than Rachel wins that HoH I will eat my hat! And I agree with the poster upthread who said that, by some great coincidence, the Pandora will be something more to help Rachel.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Fanatic

I laughed so hard when Rachel was like "What's that? I can't hear your motherly advice. Because you're evicted." I might have to rewatch that part.

Edited by Dilandau, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:09 PM.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

Didn't the previous episode tease us about fireworks in the Jury House? If those are fireworks, then I am going to decline any July 4th party invites issues by Big Brother.

I'd complain about the blatant recycling of the HoH competition from last season but it's become so frequent and passe that it bores me.

I knew Shelly was toast the first third of the episode was devoted to her and Grodner's attempt to convince us that R/J would vote to keep her.

Thankfully this travesty will end in less than two weeks.

dcsassychica

dcsassychica

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:12 PM

Also, did Kalia just get confused when voting? She heard Shelley totally disregard her in her final speech, and then she voted to evict Adam, and in her goodbye message to Shelley, she said something like, "Sorry I couldn't vote for you, I had to think about me for next week." Um, you DID vote for her, by evicting Adam. What was the "Sorry" for??

BearPaw25

BearPaw25

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:13 PM

Why oh why was Julie so insistent on saying that Shelly's move was too early? I didn't realize F7 was "too early".

I would really like to like Jeff again but he was such a complete downer when he entered the jury house. At least we had Brendon and Dani whooping it up before. Dani's reactions weren't the best advised but good gawd I loved it and probably would have done the same thing.

Speaking of reactions, it was hilar the look on Kalia's face when Shelly was making her pitch to Jordan/Rachel while ignoring everyone else. Poor thing!

And lastly, Shelly may not be the paragon of virtue contrary to what she extrapolates but I sure as heck prefer her wheeling and dealing self over the sad sack that is Adam. I was sad to see her go and I personally quite enjoyed her eviction interview with the Chenbot.

Congrats Rachel(since yanno, it is pretty obvious she will win) but I hate that your HOH is automatically protecting Jordo and Adam.

*cries for Porsche's/Kalia's inevitable eviction*

eta: wtf is it with these houseguests telling the potential voters to vote for them? fyi you should be wishing for them to not vote for you at this point.

Also diaf PB. Die!

eta again: Even though it has improved leaps and bounds, Rachel still doesn't quite understand the social game. You shouldn't be completely blowing off potential jury votes in your goodbye messages. I tell ya most of these numbskulls will not have a pray in Survivor situation.

Edited by BearPaw25, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:18 PM.

Tigger 7

Tigger 7

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

"Thank you for hitting the snooze button again."

What an appropriate phrase coming from Adam who has basically slept through the entire show and has been given an opportunity to go back to sleep again rather than being evicted.

It was interesting to see in the jury house how civil Brendan can be without Rachel around. It was particularly noticeable when sour old pouting Jeff joined the group. I loved seeing his reaction to the video though - CLOWN SHOE!

ETA: As soon as I saw the HOH competition, I was calling Rachel as the winner. It might have at least had a bit of suspense if Porche was competing, but with the four they have now, it will be Rachel hands down.

Edited by Tigger 7, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:17 PM.

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

The funny part about this all is that all the rigging for Rachel aren't really for Rachel...they're for Jordan, but she's absolutely useless so they're using the only person in the house that can win anything and is solidly on Jordan's side.

I don't want either of them to win, honestly, but if Jordan wins over Rachel it would be an absolute travesty.

HighMaintenance

HighMaintenance

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:19 PM

Best part of this epi was visiting the jury house. Brendon and Dani seemed to be ok with each other immediately out of the house. When Jeff showed up, the mood definitely turned into a downer. He has such an ego! For crying out loud Jeff... you were had. You trusted the wrong people for too long (well in this case, Shelly) and you were deceived - welcome to Big Brother, you whiner! Glad he got to see himself blowing the Clown shoe competition. And rather than laugh at himself, he gets pissed... Gawd, whatta jerk.

This HOH is a Retchel made to order. But as I'm watching it, I'm thinking... "why are they just dragging ass? While Retchel is zipping through this? Adam seemed to be semi-trying, but after the commercial, he was dragging butt..." Bah, what am I thinking? This is BB. Production manipulated faux reality show. You almost got me CBS!

Julie's comment about Shelly making a "big move" on getting Jeff out too soon. Um, too soon? She was totally right in voting him out - J & J would have cut her loose long before final 3 - especially with the doubts Jeff had in the 2 weeks before the double eviction. Besides, beyond the halfway point, that's too soon? J & J should have been broken up long before this! You NEVER want a force of 2 to be in the house against you! How many previous season's contestants have made this same mistake by not breaking up the couples?

Edited by TWoP Mars, Sep 2, 2011 @ 12:46 AM.
Corrected incorrect houseguest name

sedeyus

sedeyus

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:19 PM

I don't want either of them to win, honestly, but if Jordan wins over Rachel it would be an absolute travesty.

But she will. It's funny because Rachel's about to win her third HoH to go along with a veto, but she's such a bad social game-player that she'll never win. Why does she have to try and humilate people on national television? You have to make people want to give you 500,000 dollars. I understand perfectly why no one wants to reward that behavior.

Edited by sedeyus, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:21 PM.

Kerri Johnson

Kerri Johnson

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:24 PM

LOVED Dani rubbing everything in Big(ot) Jeff's face. He was just seething.

HATED Julie pushing Shelly over and over again to apologize for evicting the Bigot. She was playing for herself, not for "America's Sweethearts". Too bad, so sad.

HATE that this is an HOH made for Rachel.

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:26 PM

But she will. It's funny because Rachel's about to win her third HoH to go along with a veto, but she's such a bad social game-player that she'll never win. Why does she have to try and humilate people on national television? You have to make people want to give you 500,000 dollars. I understand perfectly why no one wants to reward that behavior.

Oh, I totally agree and I think Rachel's personality is as disgusting as the gross food concoctions she makes up in the kitchen, but I respect (and I use that term lightly) her game FAR more than Jordan's.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:28 PM

The highlight of the episode - and possibly the season - was Jeff watching himself throw that clown shoe out of his box. And then going on and on about it. Yeah, I'm just going to keep thinking about that during the next week.

I think the highlight of the episode was Jordan insulting Rachel, after Rachel singlehandedly kept her in the game. I think that said it all about Jordan this season - so entitled and shallow that she can't even deign to pretend she likes her foot soldiers.

She's just insecure and self-loathing. That's why she does anything Brendan tells her. She was so worthless this season that they had to blatantly rig competitions for her, and even then she barely manages to go along. Brendan is going to spend who knows how long telling her what a failure she is, and clearly she is more than happy to live down to his opinion of her.

Even with Dick Donato long gone, the vets this season have shown just how much bringing back returning players can kill a show. Jordan is the new Jessie.

valandsend

valandsend

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

Puff puff kiss, Shelly.

Wow, Jordan got the "fool me once" saying correct twice. Does that mean she's officially smarter than George W. Bush?

Finley

Finley

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:33 PM

Should she make it to the final two - Jordan now has two guaranteed votes in the jury house. If she can make it all the way, and depending on who she ends up sitting next to, I'm starting to wonder if she can actually pull this off and become a two time winner. I think her best chance is with Rachel. BB purists heads will potentially explode, but I think it would be hilarious.

spenserscampi

spenserscampi

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:33 PM

Loved Jeff's jaw cluching in the jury house. How appropriate that it was a clown shoe that caused him to lose $500,000 (his words), especially after he was the one who asked Adam to switch lanes.

Am I the only one uncomfortable with all of the talk about Shelly fearing Jeff once she enters the jury house. Never mind that she is going to apologize (why should she - it's a game and she bested him). She has already mentioned her fear of Jeff's anger - why is Julie even reminding her of the potential of Jeff's wrath!

I hope that something happens to render Rachael's HOH pointless given that Dani, Kahlia and Porche have all had their HOH power limited by "twists".

HighMaintenance

HighMaintenance

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:41 PM

I totally agree. Probably one of the worst seasons of BB ever, other than that "till death do us part" winter season. BB9 I think?

Jordan looks like she is the true zombie this season and is just going through the motions. I don't remotely believe she has any investment in her alliance with Retchel, other than they happen to be the last 2 vets and she had no one else to turn to since she isolated herself with Jeff all summer. Her game play has amounted to lazing with Jeff half the summer, talking Retchel down off the ledge when necessary and reprising her Ellie May Clampett roll for season 13. She hasn't been really strategic, nor been a formidable competitor nor really had to play much of a social game (since she's been safe for most of the season) where she's had to win anyone over. As much as I dislike Retchel, I'd choose her over Jordan to win this game.

Adam's gameplay, or lack of, on the surface looks really bad. But, he's played pawn on the mac, what? 5 times? Everyone deems him harmless/useless, and his allegiance waffles back and forth constantly. Ultimate floater. Is he really just the ultimate wallpaper who lets everyone else take the spotlight and dish the drama while he Zacks around the house and smokes and make little or no commentary? His might be the best strategy all season. If he were in the final 2, I'd have to vote for him to win just for the fact he was the least offensive in a very tired season of mundane contestants vs. drama queens.

North of Eden

North of Eden

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:51 PM

More rigging it would seem as it is a comp designed to play to Rachel's strengths...I've always loved BIG BROTHER but the rigging of comps in this span of 7 days is truly reprehensible. People on reality shows are always trumpeting integrity but the producers of BIG BROTHER have not a shred of it as they continue to manipulate the game to their desired out come...It's completly unfair. All us BB fans expecting an honest competition this season..well we got got by CBS/Grodner.

Did Shelly get the longest exit interview of the season? She's just a lousy human being the way she selling out Porshe and Kalie right there on live TV in a desperate and failed attempt to sway Grondner's chosen two.

Ah, Julie...in no way would I describe what we saw in the Jury house as sparks flying as she hyped at the end of last nights episode. I really hate it when people in the jury house become all chummy after being enemies before hand.

Edited by North of Eden, Sep 1, 2011 @ 9:59 PM.