Jeremy & Sandy: TAR 19

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 11:16 AM

Dating.

BobbL

BobbL

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 9:58 PM

The TARcasting of "this will test our relationship". Meltdown?

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:19 PM

The 'trying out the relationship' thing had me pre-soured on this team, but they proved to be very competent and efficient, and above all, pleasant. So who knows? There may indeed be a meltdown at some future point, but right now I'm liking them.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 1:40 PM

Same here, TudorQueen. We didn't see a whole lot of them last night, but overall they did pretty well.

Actually, I decided that I kind of liked them during their intro segment, just because she did a stupid dance on the golf course. Anyone willing to look like a goof just for a laugh gets points with me.

riot pills

riot pills

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2011 @ 4:45 AM

I thought they would be the bickering team of the season (turns out it's the siblings), but their turning out to be Team Who. They seem pleasant though.

Zach808

Zach808

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 8, 2011 @ 9:56 PM

After 2 episodes, I still have no flipping idea who these two are. So far, these two are even more bland than Amanda/Kris from season 14.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

Ha. I just finished the episode, saw their names on the screen when they hit the bathmat and thought, 'Who?" so great minds think alike.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 5:02 AM

They seem likeable enough when we do see them, but talk about flying under the radar. At least they don't argue like a lot of the dating couples on the show have, anyway. Although if they did, they'd probably get more camera time!

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 4:53 PM

I like how they didn't melt down or start screaming or berating when the taxi broke down, but instead just grabbed their stuff and chugged forwards. They strike me as quietly competent, which may make them seem "boring" to those who want fireworks with all their reality show contestants, but I find it very positive and rootworthy. A lot of people seemed to think Nat & Kat were boring too, but I absolutely loved them.

NotPatrick

NotPatrick

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 4:26 PM

They seem to me like the sort of team that randomly develop a "raging bitch" edit at some point about halfway through, like Jamie & Cara or Colin & Christie.

Rusun

Rusun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 11:46 AM

Wonder if their blowout in Phuket - and seemingly resolved in Bangkok as their cab approached the pit stop - was just a fluke or a preview of things to come?

NotPatrick

NotPatrick

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 9:02 AM

They actually interested me for about 5 seconds this leg - when she was done up in full Danish garb in the back of their car just saying "eh? what? eh?" for about a minute. That was kind of funny. It soon passed.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 4:42 PM

That wasn’t “kind of funny.” It was hilarious.

I laughed and laughed — especially when they showed a close up of her face with the big red lipsticked mouth.

I was hoping so hard they would be eliminated, but Lawrence going was fine too.

graytex

graytex

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 2:06 PM

Jeremy has been a way nicer guy than I expected. I anticipated him being the evil boyfriend of the season, but overall, I think he's been pretty nice to Sandy.

Sandy seems like a nice enough person, but on so many of the detours she has been dead weight. She usually stands around saying, "I don't know what to do".

kkitao

kkitao

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 30, 2011 @ 6:35 AM

Sandy ... usually stands around saying, "I don't know what to do".

Yeah, when she's not saying, "Don't yell at me" in response to even Jeremy's mildest statements.

I don't have much against Jeremy and Sandy, but they seem like blanks. I don't mean they're boring; I just don't feel like I have any sense of them.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

Yeah, I can't even recall if Jeremy & Sandy are dating or married. Their kind of bland and the show keeps trying to make them the bickersons but they really don't fight that much nor do they get along that much either. I'm sorta over them.

Edsel Love

Edsel Love

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 4, 2011 @ 10:26 PM

I've mostly thought of these two as quietly competent. I like them and found myself rooting for them.

My impression in the Panama episode was that they were just happy that the three who were together at Cathedral Square didn't have to be against each other, after all.

SimonHumboldt

SimonHumboldt

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 12:30 PM

My impression in the Panama episode was that they were just happy that the three who were together at Cathedral Square didn't have to be against each other, after all.

I think these 3 teams were ecstatic that they wouldn't have to compete with the Snowboarders for $1M.

toolazytowrite1

toolazytowrite1

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 4:17 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the other two teams are so unlikeable that I'm actually rooting for Jeremy and Sandy.

graytex

graytex

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 3:07 PM

Over the season, I found myself really liking Jeremy & Sandy. But they killed that with their wandering around "The Dump". Have they ever even seen this show? I know we've had some stupid tasks, but I don't think there have been many finale tasks in a random strip center. Were they idiots or what? That is a moment they will never live down.

pennben

pennben

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 3:08 AM

Wasn't the final task for Joyce and Uchenna (I'm sure I've spelled that wrong) in a tiny cigar shop? I understand that J&S made a spectacular mistake in this race, but I don't think that going to a furniture store, even when wrong, is necessarily "idiotic", given the history of the show.

kkitao

kkitao

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 8:39 AM

I don't think going to the (wrong) Dump was "idiotic," necessarily, either, but the clue box is almost always fairly conspicuous, not hidden away in the back of the store or something, and the way they kept repeating "former residence," I was surprised that it didn't occur them to ask the employee they talked to, "But was it ever a residence?" or to question how a building like that could have been a residence. Either of those should have clued them in that they were at the wrong place.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 6:05 PM

I wouldn't call it idiotic, but I do think that taking the word of a random citizen wasn't that smart--especially when we're talking about the final leg. The guy even said it was a former Home Depot, but if the clue said it was a "former residence," red flags should have gone up. They also said in the TV Guide interview that their cabbie didn't have a smart phone, but so what? Call a library, call the tourism bureau, call a hotel concierge... plenty of options that were more likely to get you to the right place.

All that being said, it does sound like they feel like the Race helped them learn to communicate better, so that's good.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

Fun fact: Sandy was once married to the recently-ousted Matt Quinlan from Survivor: One World. You can see pictures of the once-happy couple here.

Based on what I saw of Matt, Sandy really dodged a bullet by divorcing him. Or maybe she didn't, which was why she divorced him. . . .

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

I don't watch Survivor, so I know nothing about Matt, but I wasn't a fan of Sandy anyway. She definitely fit the "useless girlfriend" archetype. Maybe they were two peas in a pod?

Jeremy seemed a bit long-suffering in their dynamic on the show, but I can't feel too sorry for him. He picked her, after all.