Peta "Heavens to" Murgatroyd

• Please log in to reply

135 replies to this topic

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

Seriously, Peta, 5 minutes into the premiere and you already wanna hump your partner? Oy vey!

This is why she's my least favorite pro, male or female.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2013 @ 2:18 AM

Peta's pubic bone is surely scheduled to make an appearance any day now.

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2013 @ 6:45 AM

I didn't take what Peta said during the introductions seriously. As with most and all reality shows I took it as a highly scripted moment. I think the producers would be work best if they didn't play a showmance angle for anyone. I look forward to seeing their other dances because Brant wasn't that bad. He wasn't great but he could improve over time.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2013 @ 5:19 PM

She gave a thumbs up and a wink directly into the camera. It seemed clear to me (at least on day one) that she was joking around. She's never had anything remotely resembling a showmance with a partner before, so I'm not sure what the big deal would be anyway. Most all of the single pros have played that game at least once.

sab85

sab85

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2013 @ 12:39 AM

Possibly she's never had a showmance because she's never had a chance- Gilles and Donald were married and Sean was engaged and just coming off The Bachelor. Ron Artest isn't married but they left week one.

I was actually really surprised to find out that she's only 27; I would have guessed mid-30s. 

toonces464

toonces464

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2013 @ 11:46 PM

Possibly she's never had a showmance because she's never had a chance- Gilles and Donald were married and Sean was engaged and just coming off The Bachelor. Ron Artest isn't married but they left week one.

Or because until last season she was involved with either Damian or Maks.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2013 @ 4:02 PM

Yeah I didn't even realize this until I was thinking about her behavior on the first show and wondering why she was acting this ridiculous when she'd never been that way before. And that's when I realized that all of her partners to this point have been married or engaged so there was no opportunity to play the showmance angle.

Thing is though, the producers and her friends should tell her that the whole showmance thing can quickly backfire on a pairing if anything and on top of that, being so blatant and frankly almost embarrassing that it is what she's doing, will all but guarantee it'll backfire. Look at Val and Kelly. Sure they had their shippers but there were just as many people turned off by them, especially when many believed Kelly had a boyfriend. Brant's already at a disadvantage by being one of the lesser known stars, if Peta keeps this up, she's all but guaranteeing them an early boot which is the opposite I'm sure of what she wants. 

Or because until last season she was involved with either Damian or Maks.

Well that hasn't always stopped people. Many of the showmances in the past have included celebrities who had boyfriends or girlfriends and even some of the PROS having a boyfriend or girlfriend. Didn't Mark have a girlfriend when he came on the show and was partnered with Sabrina? Yeah that didn't stop that little showmance. Of course I do know that I'm talking about Mark who seems to fall for people on a dime but still.

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 5:37 AM

Thing is though, the producers and her friends should tell her that the whole showmance thing can quickly backfire on a pairing

I don't think the producers would tell her anything since to me they are the ones who are behind the idea. Without them I bet her introduction with Brant would've gone a lot differently. 

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

Peta: Let me give you a quick kiss; there is paparazzi here.

Brant: What just happened?

tryagainlater

tryagainlater

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 1:31 PM

Peta: Let me give you a quick kiss; there is paparazzi here.

Brant: What just happened?

I thought the same thing.  This humping and gyrating on her partner is getting old.  I want to see what she'd do with Bill Nye.  She's probably cry like a hyena and throw a tantrum.  I can do without her for a season or ten.  It's nice without Maks for the past two seasons.  Would be better without Peta either.  Heck, bring back Maks and keep Mark & Derek and not sign Peta for a couple seasons.  I think it's a good trade.  And definitely give Tristan more screen time.  Yes, that's my wish for next year.  Make it happen ABC

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 5:41 PM

I'm so sick of seeing her pubic bone in various displays of too low riding pants every chance she gets - I don't even know what else to say.

missysays

missysays

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 2:11 AM

Peta's facial expressions while she dances scares me.

Serendi

Serendi

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 3:24 AM

I don't get why Peta wasted so much time trying to do something that clearly was *not* going to work, namely Brant doing lifts with a shoulder that can't support her, and so little time teaching Brant how to salsa.

Just does NOT compute.

tryagainlater

tryagainlater

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 12:26 PM

I don't get why Peta wasted so much time trying to do something that clearly was *not* going to work, namely Brant doing lifts with a shoulder that can't support her, and so little time teaching Brant how to salsa.

Just does NOT compute.         

I thought the same.  He can't do it physically, you can't keep pushing him.  If you keep pushing him he could get hurt even more!  I felt bad for him.  Some people can't be pushed to their limits.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 12:32 PM

Peta's facial expressions while she dances scares me.

She opens her mouth really, really wide sometimes too. I remember when they got 9's for their QS and I thought she'd swallow Brandt's head with how wide her mouth was opened in excitement.

I think maybe it has to do with her skills as a choreographer being limited, in that she gets an idea in her head and no matter what happens, she's incapable of adjusting it or changing it because this is all she knows. It reminded me of Len's critique to her for her and Donald's AT, when Len said that she pretty much relied on lift after lift and didn't bother to fill in the spaces in between the lifts with actual dancing. And what was worse, as Len pointed out, Donald was more than capable. So they get the AT for their redemption dance for the finale and Peta STILL filled the dance with a number lifts. I remembered thinking "it's like she just doesn't get it."

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 5:06 PM

I enjoy Peta's dancing. I may not always like who she's partnered with but I enjoy watching her dance. Her costumes are no more or less revealing than Edyta ever wore on this show and I've seen less on people while at a beach or even just walking down a street. As said in another thread, I don't believe it was solely Donald who got Peta the win. As with any couple on this show they are team so she is as much responsible for their win as he is. Her facial expressions when dancing I don't find near as distracting as any of Mark's fish faces when he dances. Of course this is all MMV.