Peta "Heavens to" Murgatroyd

• Please log in to reply

135 replies to this topic

olderdcr

olderdcr

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

I have to be honest and say that I just don't like her. At all.

Maybe she was overdoing it because she went out first last season and now wanted to make an impression. Well, she made one alright. Not a good one.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

She's a classic newcomer female pro that overdances to make an impression.

Chelsie and Lacey both did it too when they started out too and both have calmed down since.

Problem too, is I don't like her choreography. Energy is one thing, but that dance was verging on manic.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

I thought she didn't support Donald as much as she should have, trying to prove herSELF or something, though I guess I understand that leaving first last season, as a brand new pro, must have been devastating. My biggest problem with her is her frowning and bored expression, even in interviews when her partner is talking but the camera is clearly on both of them. She seems to have so little enthusiasm - she gracious and well-mannered, etc., but just, well, grim. And with Chelsie and Lacey having to take turns sitting out, I wonder how many chances they'll give Peta. Plus Sharna Burgess is a "star" who's been announced as choreographing some of the troupe's routines, pretty rare for a female. I think they may be looking to give her a chance next time and somebody's gotta move over to make room, so they'll be analyzing Peta pretty thoroughly I bet, before she gets another assignment. Lighten up, girl - and choreograph for DONALD. We know you can dance.

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

I have to be honest and say that I just don't like her. At all.

Maybe she was overdoing it because she went out first last season and now wanted to make an impression. Well, she made one alright. Not a good one.

Totally agree with this assessment. She seems to be trying waaay too hard. Plus for the most part of their dance, she seemed to act like she was dancing by herself.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

I thought she went overboard tonight with the dancing. She was entering into Mark territory. Totally overshadowing her partner. I found it obnoxious. Tone it down, Peta.

I totally agree! The dancing was like Ballas while the styling was like one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends. The result was terribly desperate. It was also all very similar to her one and only dance last season, so I fear this is just what Peta will bring to the table. Her choreography was just awful and didn't resemble a cha cha half the time. Donald did ok with what he had to work with, but Peta didn't do him any favors.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

Donald deserves better.

Serendi

Serendi

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

I didn't much like the way Peta was grandstanding last week as a dancer. But I've been checking out all the videos, and I'm beginning to think that she's actually shy--she says as little as she can. Have to admit I've been giving her a little more slack since I noticed this.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

Good point. That explains her grim expressions, so much of the time. But this show sort of expects "perky" or at least, engaged, and she's often sort of grimly sitting or standing there, like she wants to run away. I admittedly haven't seen a lot of Sharna, but already have the impression she's tough and less inhibited. And yet again, I hear she's choreographed one of the routines for the Results show - not the one Tristan and Peta choreographed (their rumba) but the dance that only four of the current troupe are performing. It's pretty telling that they're featuring just four of the six, if that turns out to be true, in the third pro dance on Tuesday - I have a feeling Kiki and Oksana may be downplayed while they push Sasha and his girlfriend Emma - plus Sharna and new Burn-the-Floor balletic "star" Henry Byalikov.

Peta, dear, take a deep breath, smile, and start giggling or something. I think I read she was taking acting lessons, so maybe that will help. She's also recently gotten two endorsements - one for Victoria's Secret or something like that - and another for a skin product. No doubt she's a beauty but I'm not convinced she's DWTS material, due to the shyness. Other shy ones have included Dmitry, Damian, and Alec (maybe not so much shy as reserved.) I guess that real tall girl too who won the contest - Anna Demidova I think was her name. It doesn't seem to work that well on here, and extraversion is a very difficult thing to cultivate if you don't come by it naturally.

Edited by Elsa, Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:42 PM.

Sandynz

Sandynz

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

I am so impressed with Peta this season. She is taking notes and doing the right thing(s) by Donald. Her choreography is also getting interesting. Maybe TPTB is grooming her to replace Lacey?

Loved the Paso tonight.

Twickenham

Twickenham

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

I have to say, I've been on the fence about Peta, but that Paso Doble was killer - and it was NOT the easiest song. She seems to be developing nicely.

MHCBadDude

MHCBadDude

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:16 AM

I didn't have an opinion one way or the other last season, because she left first. Seeing her with Donald, I'm liking her a lot more. I'm rewatching the earlier routines, and I enjoy the choreography. I think she'll need to challenge Donald a little more, but he has a large fan base, so they should do fine.

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

I think Peta did a great job this season and win or lose she should be proud of what she accomplished with Donald. She won me over and I hope to see her more next season. This freestyle was an awesome debut for her. She and Donald both were having so much fun.

Lola192000

Lola192000

Video Archivist

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

Congrats to Peta & Donald on a great season. Who would've thought she would make the finals (& be a likely winner) after being booted first in her first season with World Peace, ha.

They talked about trust a lot in the post-dance interview, and she would have to have 100% trust in Donald, as some of those lifts were pretty risky.

Thought it was interesting that she picked Evan Lysacek as the dancer she'd most like to be paired with on an All-Star season.

Edited by Lola192000, May 22, 2012 @ 7:34 AM.

Corporal Agarn

Corporal Agarn

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:47 AM

I love, love, love that she doesn't cake on the makeup during rehearsals.

Her surname intrigues me. According to BehindtheName, it means Margaret's Road. Anyone heard this name before? Aside from Snagglepuss, that is.

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 8:02 AM

I thought it means Moor Gate Road. Either way she has the most distinctive name this side of Benedict Cumberbatch.

I think Peta has been generally fantastic. I do think she has more to learn regarding how to please Len -- he generally wasn't too keen on her choreography but she's already starting to pick that up. She did get lucky with Donald but she should be commended for bringing out the best in him. The show was smart to promote her and Tristan.

starsonboard

starsonboard

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

These Access Hollywood videos show a great rapport beween Peta and Donald. She is smiling alot and is so appreciative that he is willing to work so hard. At one point, the interviewer asks about her being first out last time and Donald says, "Hey, don't be throwing my partner under the bus." Her reaction is so cute!

Peta and Donald

Arista

Arista

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

Do you have a direct link to the interview you cited, starsonboard? That link goes to the interview after Donald's first show, but there's no mention of the "bus" comment and I think that's really cute. I don't know why some think Peta's cold. If anything, she's chill. The girl seems really down and ready to go. Even when she got knocked in the mouth, she smiled for the camera and kept it moving. I like that she doesn't have a gimmicky, over-the-top, tv personality like some of the other dancers....

One thing I don't like so much is her Argentine Tango choreography. Actually, I'll amend that by saying her original AT choreography I liked very much and thought it deserving of 10s considering the scale the judges use. However, her second go at it actually appeared to have less content than the previous. I was so confused because the judges asked for more content, yet I felt like Donald was more stationary than ever. Granted, it was more atmospheric. I understand there's an intimacy in Argentine Tango that lends itself to more confined space. Donald took very few steps without hoisting Peta; thus, he danced less than he did previously. I don't know if Peta concluded this style wasn't Donald's best and hence disgused his shortcomings with his talents, lifts. But of all the dances done this season Donald was at his most potted plant like here.

Edited by Arista, May 22, 2012 @ 4:36 PM.

starsonboard

starsonboard

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Sorry, Arista, that it wasn't a direct link. There are related links below the one that you end up at across the bottom.

The video clip I was referring to is one you have to click on after you go to the initial link (see my post above.)
It is called, "Donald and Peta: Can they get a perfect score dancing." He is wearing a royal blue shirt and she is wearing a strapless brown patterned top.

In the "All Smiles" one, Donald is asked about "him" winning. He says, "Wait a minute, I want to change that to WE..."

In all of the "related" video clips they show a nice partnership.....I also liked the part where they talk about where they would put their mirror ball trophy and how Mark and Cheryl already have two each...

Arista

Arista

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

Found it! Thanks, starsonboard. A lovely partnership indeed. I like how he said that he couldn't get too sentimental or Peta would start crying, and he didn't want her to cry that day. I think they're both lowkey people which works well for their groove, but doesn't come across as well on tv. I will say, I think Peta really lucked out. Donald seems like the type who will dutifully listen to whatever his "coach" says and will do just about whatever, so Peta really could extend herself with him.

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

Congratulations to Peta this season. Donald chose her because he wanted the underdog and they became the winners. I hope she returns for the all Star season if they have some returning stars who were partnered with the same pro (ex: Drew/Emmett, Donnie O./Hines).

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

I noticed that both Donald and Peta said "we" whenever winning was mentioned. A nice partnership indeed. No drama-just dance.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Does anyone know whether she is still dating Damian Whitewood? I'm following him on the Aussie DWTS, and it'd be cool if they both ended up with matching mirror-ball trophies!

toonces464

toonces464

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

Does anyone know whether she is still dating Damian Whitewood? I'm following him on the Aussie DWTS, and it'd be cool if they both ended up with matching mirror-ball trophies!

Doesn't appear to be. Seems he unfollowed her on Twitter and stopped tweeting with her right around the time the rumors started that she's dating Maks. And he's tweeted this morning but no congratulatory tweet to her. Though he is still following Maks.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

She sure was over the top jumping on DD and wrapping her legs around him. Glad she pried herself off before his wife got out there.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

Did you catch the shimmy shake she and his wife did. She's been hanging out with the entire family.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

Peta pretty much has guaranteed herself a spot in the "regular girls" pro roster. Congrats to her.

I wonder if her success this season will have TPTB letting Kym go soon and having Peta be the new blonde Aussie pro.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 5:59 PM

Aside from nationality and hair color, Kym and Peta have very little in common. I think they have very different styles as dancers and choreographers. Their personalities are also miles apart. There's no need to make it one or the other.

I'm still not entirely sold on Peta as a pro. It doesn't help that I have a hard time rooting for football players. At the start of the season I definitely felt like she was trying to hard after being eliminated first last time. Guess it worked for her since she won her first trophy. I do feel like she was learning and becoming more comfortable with the whole show as the season went along, which is a good sign for the future.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

There is no comparison for me between Kym and Peta. Kym is a better dancer and choreographer. It would not bother me at all if Peta did not come back.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

They are different but TPTB loves to "cast" the pros. We already know they alternate between the short young pros Lacey and Chelsie.

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 7:49 AM

I guess Peta got Lina's approval. Hee.
http://mypict.me/mob...hp?id=340293884

Peta, Maks, and more at DWM Stamford
http://www.ctpost.co...r#photo-2976784