Tristan MacManus: His Irish Eyes Are Smiling

• Please log in to reply

1621 replies to this topic

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 7:36 PM

I think kudos must be given to Derek for creating a choreo that gave Tristan a key role.

Oh, okayyyyyy...<grins>

I did so enjoy that whole number.  Or rather, what I saw of it, since I was really only watching Tristan.

eta: That confessional is ridiculously adorable.  "Seven is me lucky number!"  I could just pinch him.

Edited by voiceover, May 8, 2013 @ 7:42 PM.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 9:11 PM

About Kym and Tristan, I always thought this paparazzi video was proof they were dating - starting at 1 minute 45 seconds, soon after he's nuzzling her neck or something in a driveway and J.R. has to tell them to move out of the way of a car:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

7Siren

7Siren

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

Watching the Afterbuzz show with Tristan, Emma and Henry right now, and he seems to be injured and limping! What's going on??

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 1:16 AM

Tristan just tweeted a little while ago:

"Thanks for your concerns I actually broke my big toe rehearsing before camera blocking on tuesday I tried to dance through but I couldnt."

"Im usually a quick healer so hopefully shouldnt be out too long two small fractures"

Hope he gets well soon!

Edited by Elsa, May 9, 2013 @ 1:18 AM.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 7:23 AM

I cannot get over how strange Tristan looks with the brown contacts! That confessional is cute -  I love how funny and quick he is with a joke.  I was thinking about his first season with Nancy Grace and how absolutely hilarious they were together.  I like looking at him and I think he is a great dancer, but I miss his funny personality the most. 

Hope he gets well soon!

Elsa, did he say if he's out for next week then?

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 12:08 PM

He didn't say, Sunnyheart.  He doesn't tweet much - I doubt he would have even mentioned it, but someone tweeted him to ask him why he was limping when he did Afterbuzz.tv.  I wish I knew what dance he would have done and if someone replaced him or if they reworked the dance without him.  Such bad luck he has sometimes!   :(

I missed part of that Afterbuzz and managed to find out how to listen to it again (it's an hour long!) but it's a good interview with him, Emma and Sasha, about all the week 8 dances and some other questions.  There may be a way to watch it at this link (or somewhere else) but I managed to get it to play so I could listen to it:

http://media.afterbu...z-tv-aftershow/

Edited by Elsa, May 9, 2013 @ 12:10 PM.

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 2:24 PM

No engagement talk with Tristan? #FAIL

I hope he gets better soon.

7Siren

7Siren

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 6:33 PM

Here's the video for Afterbuzz: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-sKBnNcy7EA

Also, don't know if this was posted yet, Tristan's picture for the NoH8 Campaign: http://www.noh8campa....jpg?1360090909

Edited by 7Siren, May 9, 2013 @ 10:57 PM.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 6:10 PM

Thanks 7Siren!  I looked and could only find the audio - and I love that NoH8 photo :)

BTW, a very resourceful Tristan fan just tweeted that he would be appearing with Anna Trebunskaya in Ballroom with a Twist on Cape Cod (Dennis Village, MA) from July 22 to August 3rd.  So I think that one entry in my earlier itinerary post (and the source for it) was wrong and he won't be in Ireland July 20-21, but don't know for sure.

http://www.capeplayh...3/2013Show4.htm

And here's a paparazzi video that I think is cute.  Tristan is walking with his fiancée Tahyna (starting at about the 2 minute mark) and the pap guy (Henry?) thinks Tristan is walking with Zendaya.  Tristan says it's his girlfriend Tahyna and his reaction is funny - he says something like it would be pretty shocking if he was going for a meal with Zendaya since she's only 16.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JkhSm3Xy5BU

ETA:  I don't know why some of this is indented and can't figure out how to fix it.

Edited by Elsa, May 11, 2013 @ 8:09 PM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 1:54 AM

I like that video with Tahyna (I finally know how to pronounce her name!), they look really nice together. She seems very low key, I thought it was cute that she sidestepped the camera and let Tristan deal with it. Honestly, how does he manage to look that handsome in a low res video?

avecsans

avecsans

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2013 @ 7:10 AM

how does he manage to look that handsome in a low res video?

I know!  Most other people look like ghouls in that kind of video.  Tristan is incredibly photogenic.  Why isn't he modeling or acting?

Has anyone heard if he's dancing this week?  If not there's not much reason for me to watch.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2013 @ 7:49 AM

and the pap guy (Henry?) thinks Tristan is walking with Zendaya.  Tristan says it's his girlfriend Tahyna and his reaction is funny - he says something like it would be pretty shocking if he was going for a meal with Zendaya since she's only 16.

Is that the same pap that follows the pros and stars around like a stalker?  If it is, how on earth did he mistake Tristan's fiance for Zendaya?  Actually how could anyone mistake her for Zendaya?  They look nothing alike.  I'm sure Tristan was thinking WTF?  Not to mention the implication that he's dating 16-year-old Zendaya.  But I totally agree that he looks outstanding even in that crappy video.

Gardencrown

Gardencrown

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2013 @ 9:57 AM

Honestly, how does he manage to look that handsome in a low res video?

It's like everyone else is in low res, but he's not! 

Gad, wouldn't that shit be awful?  Having someone follow you around and asking inane assinine questions.  I'm always amazed when someone is as polite as Tristan.  And his fiance (sob!) looks nothing like Zendaya.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 12:54 PM

LauraLei13, Tristan is coming to New Britain on June 13 (look on page 43 of this thread for the details.)  Also recently added a long BwaT engagement on Cape Cod July 22-Aug 3 and a Florida show on June 15.

Edited by Elsa, May 14, 2013 @ 1:12 PM.

LauraLei13

LauraLei13

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 9:03 PM

Woohoo! I hope I can go. Thanks Elsa!

Sandynz

Sandynz

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 7:48 PM

Just thinking aloud here- has Tristan choreographed any group routines on DWTS yet?

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 11:10 PM

He was asked in his recent AT&T Facebook Q&A during the show, week 7 or whenever it was:

"How many pro dances have you choreo'd?"

Tristan's answer:  "I choreographed a few while in the troupe and also the waltz and rumbas"

=

So I think he means the rumbas with Kym (to Kelly Clarkson's "Mr. Know It All" in Season 13) and with Peta (to "Run" by Sugarland and Matt Nathanson in Season 14) and also the "Dark Waltz" with Karina (to Jackie Evancho, Season 14) -- and he didn't specify which troupe dances, but I thought they were all good, and I've seen them all (more than once :)

I loved a lot of his dances with his celebs - especially the toyboy rumba, Spamalot foxtrot, and naughty-lady tango with Nancy; the cha cha, samba, and rumba with Gladys - many others, despite the fact that, as Sharna said, he's never had a chance to work with a capable uninjured celebrity partner, except Pamela and their rehearsal time was extremely limited and the producers didn't set up the grim subject matter of their dance, that SHE wanted to do, in the rehearsal video - her being slapped and thrown around due to being physically abused in a relationship in the past, so what was the audience to think?  DWTS intentionally set them up, imo, on that one ;(

Edited by Elsa, May 15, 2013 @ 11:48 PM.

Sandynz

Sandynz

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 5:32 AM

Thanks, Elsa.   Will check out the group routines.  I will pay more attention to the segments where Tom'd mention the choreographer.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 7:51 AM

About Kym and Tristan, I always thought this paparazzi video was proof they were dating - starting at 1 minute 45 seconds, soon after he's nuzzling her neck or something in a driveway and J.R. has to tell them to move out of the way of a car:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

There was also this paparazzi video that had him and Kym walking, fingers intertwined, where he was sort of shielding her a bit from the camera and pap. She apparently had just returned from Australia where she'd spent the Christmas holidays and was a little jet-lagged. There was also the pap video of them walking together and getting into the same car after the finale of the season J.R. won, the pictures Kym herself tweeted of them going to the LA Galaxy games before Tristan's first season as a pro, Tristan playing coy about her when asked by that pap lady that always films them coming from practice and more. 

There was definitely something going on between them and what has always been particularly odd to me, is that media reports of Tristan dating his current fiance came out only a few months after the pap video above. I remember that's why I was so confused when the story broke and the reports were saying he and the girl had been together for a few months at that point because I think that was April or May and that video of him and Kym was January of that same year. It's possible that he and Kym were never super serious and he met his current fiance through a friend or randomly and they both just knew immediately.

Still, he and Kym have clearly stayed friendly on some level since they've danced together on the show and at a  number of events many times. And I doubt we'll ever know the full story since damn them, unlike the nutcases Karina and Maks, neither Tristan nor Kym strike me as the types to put their personal business on blast to the world. 

katdlf

katdlf

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 10:43 AM

Will check out the group routines.  I will pay more attention to the segments where Tom'd mention the choreographer.

You're asking specifically about group numbers, right?  I don't think Tristan has ever been credited by Tom as a group choreographer.  A lot of the season 12 troupe numbers were either credited to non-troupe choreographers and pros like Maks, Louis, Tony, Jason Gilkison, maybe Lacey, and/or included those pros, so it's hard to say how much input the troupe had in those routines.

The "behind the scenes" feature from that season suggested that the troupe members worked together on choreography, which might be why the season 12 troupe numbers had a more cohesive "feel", imho, than subsequent seasons' troupe numbers where the choreography was assigned by TPTB.  Of the season 12 troupe / group numbers, the ones that were definitely "all troupe" were "All the Right Moves" by One Republic, "Walk this Way" by David Garret, and "Give a Little" by Hanson.  Of those, "All the Right Moves" reads the most "Tristan" to me, because it's a Viennese waltz, but they may all have been group efforts to some extent.

Since then, there was the Pam Anderson Vegas revue piece in the season 15 Finale that Tristan co-choreographed (I think) with Marc Cleary.  There was also the trio bumper with Emma and Lindsay this season, if you want to count that as a "group number".  I think Tristan might prefer collaborating on choreography over taking lead.  There was a recent interview where he was asked about group numbers, and he replied that he likes learning choreography, but doesn't particularly like "putting it together".

I remember that's why I was so confused when the story broke and the reports were saying he and the girl had been together for a few months at that point because I think that was April or May and that video of him and Kym was January of that same year.

Those initial reports may have been incorrect.  Tristan and his fiancee tweeted public messages to each other celebrating their one year anniversary in early February this year.

Edited by katdlf, May 16, 2013 @ 12:01 PM.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 11:16 AM

These are some really hot videos of Tristan and Kym dancing together in Pittsburgh in July 2011 (first link below) - maybe that's when they got together?  (but I'm pretty sure they broke up by December 2011 - before that video when they were going to Chateau Marmont and she was jet-lagged - he flirted with Karina in the Team Dance rehearsal video in Week 7 of Season 13, picking her up and swinging her around with Kym standing right there, and also with Lacey in the finale - I don't think he would have done that if they were still a "couple"):

http://www.puredwts....rs-bridal-show/

And Good Lord, he's added more events this summer:

August 8-9, Beverly, MA - Ballroom with a Twist

http://www.nsmt.org/...task=view&id=25

And this article says he'll be throwing the first pitch at the Rock Cats baseball game on June 13:

http://www.milb.com/...s_l113&sid=l113

Edited by Elsa, May 17, 2013 @ 1:47 PM.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 11:17 AM

Those initial reports may have been incorrect.  Tristan and his fiancee tweeted public messages to each other celebrating their one year anniversary in early February this year.

Well actually that kind of confirms the report. Because the video I posted above was from January 2012. And the first media reports referring to Taynna (not sure if that's how it's spelt) as Tristan's girlfriend was April-May 2012. So if they tweeted to each this February saying it was one year, that would mean they were together February 2012, which would have made it a few months when the story broke in April-May.

Edited by dancingonmyown, May 16, 2013 @ 11:18 AM.

katdlf

katdlf

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

And the first media reports referring to Taynna (not sure if that's how it's spelt) as Tristan's girlfriend was April-May 2012.

OK, I just checked.  The first report was April 3, 2012.  The confusion we're having is that they reported "a couple of months", not "a few months".  So yes, that would be consistent with an early February anniversary.

Sparkylove

Sparkylove

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 1:35 PM

I always feel a bit inappropriate commenting on the personal life of someone I don't know, but here's my two cents.   While it does seem like there was something going on with Tristan and Kym, I think it was probably a really casual, friends with benefits type of thing.  I remember her saying (pre Tristan) she had been in a long term relationship that she thought would lead to marriage & kids.  This makes me think that what they had was probably just a fun fling between two people who liked and were comfortable with each other.  They appear to still be friends and given that his fiance has been to a few DWTS parties with him, I'm sure she's probably interacted with Kym too.  Tristan doesn't seem like the type to parade his new girl around in front of his ex if there were hard feelings there.  He just seems like too nice of a guy to do that.  I still say new fiance is going on that cruise though.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 2:32 PM

They appear to still be friends and given that his fiance has been to a few DWTS parties with him, I'm sure she's probably interacted with Kym too.  Tristan doesn't seem like the type to parade his new girl around in front of his ex if there were hard feelings there. 

Plenty of people break-up without hard feelings and it doesn't necessarily have to mean it wasn't a serious relationship. But sometimes things just work out how they work out and the two people involved can be mature enough to be at least friendly with each other. Not everyone has to be llike Maks and Karina after their relationship ends.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 4:10 PM

Maks and Karina aren't even like Maks and Karina anymore.  They seem to be getting along just fine.

LauraLei13

LauraLei13

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

Huh. Guess if I'd been born tall, gorgeous, and Australian I may have had a shot.

Don't tell my husband I said that. ;)

Katrinell

Katrinell

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 7:06 AM

I hope he will be able to dance in the finale! i really don't care with whom.... Can be Dorothy, can be somebody else. (i am kind of bitter he had to go out so soon AGAIN)

LauraLei13

LauraLei13

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 8:20 AM

It looks like from the DWTS instagram that Dorothy is rehearsing with Henry but I'd be surprised if she and Tristan didn't dance together on the show, unless he's in really bad shape. I'm sure he can keep pace with Dorothy even with a broken toe, lol, but I'll be sad if he's not in any other pro dances, though I obviously understand.

Here's the photo

Gracepayz

Gracepayz

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 12:35 AM

Ha!  Such a comedienne. He is seen with a cane in this photo!