Carson Kressley: Queer Eye for the Straight Jive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

153 replies to this topic

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 10:05 AM

Carson and Anna are on at the end of this clip.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 10:29 AM

Carson's pro equestrian experience should help him a lot. A rider has to be very much in tune with his horses' rhythm. He has to rise up and down with the horse regardless of whether it's a walk, trot, or canter. Riding can be pretty jarring and painful for inexperienced people. Posture is a big part of competitive riding too. These tools should help Carson on dwts.

I expect Carson to do really well on dwts. He'll gain new fans quickly with his humor and personality. He seems like a great guy. I'm amazed he wasn't cast from the beginning. He's going to be a big ratings draw for the show.

Edited by aceplace57, Aug 31, 2011 @ 10:35 AM.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 11:26 AM

LizDC, thank you so much for posting that! I laughed throughout his whole part. I love the guy already, but seeing this got me so excited for the show. Anna must feel like she won the lottery that she got Carson instead of Ryan O'Neal. How great would it be if he got Anna the MBT?

He'll gain new fans quickly with his humor and personality. He seems like a great guy. I'm amazed he wasn't cast from the beginning. He's going to be a big ratings draw for the show

THIS! Maybe if he becomes a favorite (and how could he not?), TPTB will see that the best contestants are the ones with charm and humor.

dancedancerus

dancedancerus

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 2:30 PM

That video from GMA was great. Hope he and Anna can go far.

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 6:13 PM

Love Carson & am happy he's paired with Anna. Hope Carson will be a good dancer & that they'll go far in the comp.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 7:37 PM

Video > (ABC) DwtS S13 Pairings Revealed

After the pairings are announced, they interview Carson Kressley and Anna. They start at the 1 minute mark.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 1:48 AM

These two will be the comic relief this season. I hope they go far.

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 7:00 AM

Just by listening to his interviews about DWTS so far, it's clear he's gonna be a hoot to have on the show. Hope to see the other Fab 5's in the audience when it starts up.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2011 @ 5:49 AM

Article > (E!Online) Conrad Greene On Pairing Carson Kressely With Male Pro

"We thought about it," the show's executive producer, Conrad Green, tells us exclusively. ... "We try to follow what happens in real ballroom competitions," Green continues. "That was the original intention of the show. And while we are aware that there are same-sex couples, the competitions are usually mixed-gendered." ... Greene explains, "It's a performance, like actors, so we don't think it's odd pairing up dancers with incompatible sexual preferences, but based off abilities."

Chit Chat

Chit Chat

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

Just by listening to his interviews about DWTS so far, it's clear he's gonna be a hoot to have on the show. Hope to see the other Fab 5's in the audience when it starts up.

I wasn't planning on watching DWTS this season, but then I read that Carson was going to be on and knew that I'd have to tune in! Carson has such a great personality. I agree that he will definitely put the spark in this show. I look forward to the little previews of them right before they dance. That should be a riot!

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 12:01 AM

Anna and Carson show some dance moves on Entertainment Tonight.

Edited by aceplace57, Sep 9, 2011 @ 12:12 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 8:01 AM

Video > (ABC) DwtS S13 Rehearsals: Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 1:47 AM

I'm not sure how Carson will be with most of the dances but he was a lot of fun on tonight's show, and he and Anna had one of the only dances which seemed to be about entertainment and just having a blast.

Poetist

Poetist

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 3:55 AM

I agree.

I was so glad he went for it. I was expecting Nancy to break out, but it was Carson. Good for him.

Lola192000

Lola192000

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 4:42 AM

The partnership I was most looking forward to, and they didn't disappoint. I was howling when he pulled out those Jagger moves. Obviously there was no technique to speak of, but it was the highlight for me. Plus, Anna looked amazing.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 5:22 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S13 Week 1 Post-Performance Interview: Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya

officetemp

officetemp

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 7:22 AM

"Wait a minute, you're not Maksim! . . ." That was a great line!

Carson should have gotten 10's just for pure entertainment value alone. Too bad the judges aren't using the two-score system all the time.

Really enjoyed his and Anna's dance last night. Full throttle, no holding back and, even though he was kind of stompy, not bad on the steps either. Great attitude! They get along so well, so I hope he and Anna stick around for awhile.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 8:07 AM

I think I might need to send Ryan O'Neal a bouquet of flowers to thank him for dropping out of DWTS. If he hadn't, I never would have been introduced to the awesome guy that is Carson Kressley.

Favorite quote of the night: "Nobody's going to be working harder than I am to compensate for my lack of talent."

Edited by tip and fall, Sep 20, 2011 @ 8:08 AM.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 10:16 AM

Carson was great. The cha-cha may not have been technically "perfect," but its entertainment value was. It, like Carson, was pure joy, from start to finish.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 10:19 AM

See? I'd rather watch a contestant having fun and enjoying the dancing than see someone who is proficient with no personality. Carson is fun to watch!

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

Of the dances I've seen so far, his was by far the most entertaining. Hope to see him for many weeks to come!

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 11:57 AM

Loved Carson and he was easily my favorite of the night in a sea of dreck for me. I will pull up his performances online with a few others until the finale because I can't sit through the whole show this season. He's not a technically good dancer and I doubt he'll ever be, but he's the most entertaining.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 12:01 PM

I'm curious to see if Carson can focus and bring the intensity needed for the Latin dances. Even the Viennese Waltz requires a serious and elegant leading man. I think Carson can find the character with Anna's help.

He's certainly funny and entertaining. I know he'll do well in the high energy dances. He was one of my top four favorite dancers in the first episode.

Edited by aceplace57, Sep 20, 2011 @ 12:11 PM.

TheAnglican

TheAnglican

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 12:13 PM

I'm curious to see if Carson can focus and bring the intensity needed for the Latin dances

Yeah, I can see him having the Melissa Rycroft problem of having difficulty with the dances in which you're not supposed to be all smiley.

I loved Carson last night and he and Anna got all my votes. I hope he sticks around for a while!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 1:43 PM

He was entertaining, but his technique was awful. He had so little control over his limbs, I cringed.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 2:14 PM

From Carson's twitter:

Thanks for all your nice messages and VOTES! You will be seeing more of me and @atrebunskaya on #DWTS tonight!

I know that the above would be technically be true regardless, but I want to think that this is a veiled reference to getting the encore tonight.

RysenSun

RysenSun

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 3:20 PM

He was so much fun tonight. I hope the technique picks up so he stays around for awhile.

Nannav

Nannav

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 4:13 PM

His technique stank, but at least he was enthusiastic and not taking it too seriously.

alaspata

alaspata

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

I'm curious to see if Carson can focus and bring the intensity needed for the Latin dances

Particularly the Paso Doble and the Rhumba, which tend to be more serious. Also, the Tango/AT, even though that is Standard. He can't hide behind being the entertainer in those dances as much as he can with the Cha Cha Cha, Jive, or Samba.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2011 @ 5:52 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S13 Week 1 Post-Results Interview: Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya