4-10: "Burning Down the House" 2011.08.28

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

314 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

Fanatic

• Interests:Moderating

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 2:16 PM

Zap2it:

Sookie summons her powers to save Bill; Jason urges Jessica to glamour him; Terry drags Andy to an intervention; Alcide reconsiders his allegiances; Bill leads a brigade of vampires in an attack on Moongoddess Emporium.

Note: Please do not post any book information in this thread. Thank you.

BoozeGood

BoozeGood

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:00 PM

Yeah I'm done. The eye candy isn't enough anymore. This shit is just stupid.

Edited by BoozeGood, Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:01 PM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

That last scene looked like a demented 'A Team'

bobbirmingham

bobbirmingham

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

So much for Marnie being an innocent victim. She needs to be put down.

Terry was all kinds of kick ass tonight.

I felt badly for Sam, but on a vengeance kick is always hot. Alcide was awesome. Debbie can fuck off.

Didn't want Tara dead - who knew?

Bad-ass Eric! Whoot! And that vamp SWAT team at the end may be the hottest thing I have ever seen. Bill is freaking hot this season.

aphrodite-in-nyc

aphrodite-in-nyc

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

This was painful to watch. So much useless activity - all the minor characters have taken over at least 60% of each show so the plot isn't moving at all. What a waste of an episode. And Sookie back in love with Beeel - just ICK.

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

I just realized what Sookie's powers remind me of, Jubilee from X-Men. Random light just shoots out of her hands with no discernible purpose, but it will solve whatever problem conveniently needs solving at that given time.

Terry was awesome (per usual) "I only went into the Core for college, and now I'm too fucked up to go!"

Psappy

Psappy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

I do love that Eric was consistent with wanting to stay with Sookie but Sookie still loving Bill? Just Ugh. The Bill/Sookie pairing is the only pairing in the history of television to bring a show down to unwatchable levels.

I HATE the Bellefleur storyline and it took up 50% of the episode. Same with the Sam Merlotte story. This show needs to regroup fast and focus on the original story, aka the vampires.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Aug 29, 2011 @ 8:25 AM.
Book

annlaw78

annlaw78

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

So, we're finally to the big witch confrontation, and we have to devote half the episode to completely unrelated were/shifter drama and superfluous Belleflour family history? Seriously???

And real Eric's return was so disappointing. Yet another lackluster episode!

This was painful to watch. So much useless activity - all the minor characters have taken over at least 60% of each show so the plot isn't moving at all. What a waste of an episode. And Sookie back in love with Beeel - just ICK.

Why is so much time devoted to minor characters? At this point in the season, there's surely no more need for filler -- leave that nonsense out and focus on witch stuff, vampire stuff! Instead, we get the world's most ineffectual, improbable intervention; Tommy's overwrought death scene (really??? grown men, grown supe men, at that, talking about angels?); gross Debbie Pelt being gross. At least the Hoyt stuff is somewhat less attenuated to the main storyline -- Jessica and Jason are related to main characters.

Edited by annlaw78, Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:16 PM.

ReflexOne

ReflexOne

Loyal Viewer

That was actually fun. Although at this point I'm sort of of the mind that if it's not a huge battle royal with powers flashing and vamps zipping around and werewolves shifting, it's not holding my interest.

Except, poor Tommy. Not the way I wanted to see that go, no matter how screwed up the brothers became.

Finally, FINALLY, the non-vamp cast gets to do something that's slightly Buffy Scooby-gang-esque. Although I did sort of enjoy the inversion of the vamps being the ones who dressed all in black and brought a rocket launcher to the fight.

I don't know if it's just an effects choice for Faerie Powers this season, but in previous seasons Sookie's stuff was more the warm golden glow. The last few times I've seen her use powers they've had that purple "bad" tinge that the Fae were using over in Faerieland. I'm wondering if it's an indicator of her using her powers offensively as opposed to defensively. And I also realize I may be the only one who cares.

Oh, Debbie Pelt, thank you for just confirming very quickly that you'll be changing allegiances. No real muss, no real fuss, and you're welcome to that bad alpha.

Now let's find the next reason for Alcide to strip to nothing and slip in bed.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

I must give credit to ASkar. The moment Eric's memory returned, his face was ... it was like nothing about his face changed, but everything changed. So subtle but so clear. Just a small moment that I thought was totally cool.

The rest of the episode? Meh. It was totally an "Episode 10" -- a bunch of semi-filler nonsense to lead into the Final Two. In other words, zzzzzzzzz.

Although if I ever need a good laugh, I'll rewatch the last moments with Bill, Pam, Eric and Jessica walking in slo-mo with their black leather and semi-automatic weapons, looking positively and absolutely ridiculous.

I like how Marnie's hostages' stupidity regarding the doorknob is practically a running gag now.

And color me surprised that Antonia is the one being manipulated by Marnie. I was wondering where this "We have to defeat the villain by the season finale" thing was going to go, because we thought that Marnie was an innocent victim being possessed by an evil vengeance psycho and then there'd be a dilemma about killing "innocent" Marnie to stop Antonia, which would be futile anyway because Antonia's already dead. Dilemmas, dilemmas. But now we know that Marnie herself is the one that needs to be put down. Well, do it, already. She's bugging me. And don't forget to take Roy with her.

Dammit, I really didn't think Tommy was going to die. I don't read spoilers or anything so I have no idea what's going to happen at any time, and damn you, Tommy, and you too, Sam, I actually teared up. At least during the moments when I wasn't scratching my head in incredulity at the fact that Sam and Alcide are just standing around watching Tommy die on a pool table.

We need to have more scenes with Andy and Terry. I've no idea if this is really the end of Andy's V addiction, as we still have two episodes to go, but I sure hope it is because frankly it's long since been getting on my damn nerves.

Jessica's kind of a bitch, isn't she?

Edited by Chicken Wing, Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:11 PM.

Midge

Midge

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:11 PM

Terry is still awesome. Suckie still, well, sucks.

Same shit different week.

I will admit I was more moved by Tommy dying then I thought I would. Sam going after Marcus might make for interesting TV.

I shouted "Thank God!" when Eric got his memories back, then wished I had skipped dinner with the "I love Beel!" BS.

That ending shot was stupid and cheap.

Edited by Midge, Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:13 PM.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:12 PM

Although if I ever need a good laugh, I'll rewatch the last moments with Bill, Pam, Eric and Jessica walking in slo-mo with their black leather and semi-automatic weapons, looking positively and absolutely ridiculous.

Oh my God, that was the cheesiest, hokiest thing ever. Not even campy funny, just silly.

I fast-forwarded through a chunk of this and deleted it right away. I found it dull. I was moved by Tommy's death scene, though - props to Marshall Allman and Sam Trammell.

wiccachick1

wiccachick1

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:13 PM

I LOVED the Terry / Andy intervention. That was absolutely fabulous.

Bill & Nan - I'm totally shipping that. I have NEVER considered Bill hot but he was all kinds of hot when he was arguing with Nan about what to do. There's a thin line between love and hate Billy Boy. Go get you some and stay away from Sookie. That's a snoozefest.

But I'm digging the possibilities of BAMF Eric & Sookie once she gets her nose out of Beel's undead butt. I so want to see real Eric & Sook hook.

And I wasn't expecting the Marnie twist. Touche!

And can I mention how much I am growing to LOVE me some Holly?

ReflexOne

ReflexOne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:13 PM

Oh YES. THAT was actually interesting. Not that I find Antonia to be much more innocent in all of this, but knowing for sure that Marnie got some power and decided to just turn into a complete revenge-a-holic does make her demise ... well, I think I'm good with it.

As long as somehow Pam's curse gets reversed before that end.

GenieinTX

GenieinTX

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:14 PM

Wow, they really killed Tommy. I'm glad they did it, but damn if I didn't get all teary.

I was a bit disapointed at the return of bad ass Eric also. I get that he loves Sookie, but I didn't expect him to be all sensitive to her feelings until a little while after it all came flooding back. I expected a few moments of bad ass-ness before the schmoopy. It totally didn't come down as I expected it either. I completed expected Eric to get his memory back and not tell Sookie, to pretend he was still the other guy for a while.

mledawn

mledawn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:14 PM

When Eric got his memory back I turned to my husband and said "Thank GOD, the show is going to finally pick up". And then Sookie said she still loved Bill, I turned to my husband and said "Eff this show, I spoke too soon".

The only decent thing in this episode was the final scene with those BAMFs getting out of the van.

True Blood is just a complete gong show, now.

Edited to add: I was typing when Midge's post came up...

Edited by mledawn, Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:16 PM.

Disconnected

Disconnected

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:17 PM

I didn't see that coming and will not be sorry to see her go. I was so worried that Marnie was going to harm Jesus.

Antonia's backstory shed new light on her character and motivation. Her having doubts about the innocents she harmed is a good thing.

I am so glad Eric has his memory back, including his time with Sookie, and he's not ashamed to admit he loves her.

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:18 PM

That last scene. My God, I have no words. It just smells... of stinky cheese. I can't believe they topped it off with a freeze frame.

Terry was made of win. I haven't really cared about him one way or another before, but the last couple he has really shone.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but the Andy/Terry scenes at the fort had me freaked out. First I thought Terry was suggesting they hunt each other in the woods. Then when Andy hit bottom, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Seriously, I thought Andy would try to kill Terry. I thought Terry was going to run over Andy with the truck. I have no idea why.

Vampires are morons. So, it occurred to none of them that Sookie was going to mount a rescue mission while they slept.

Edited by ParadoxLost, Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:25 PM.

kechara

kechara

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:20 PM

So it goes back to that thing from Friends - no chemistry - they're totally doing it off screen. chemistry? Nope. Stephen and Anna - no on screen chemistry.

I liked the Tommy/Sam interaction, although the barfing - not good. I can watch all sorts of death and mayhem but a simple vomit grosses me green.

Scrapper

Scrapper

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:21 PM

Poor Tommy. I laughed through his death scene perhaps only because of the "That's so effing sad" line. Cause yeah it is. RIP Tommy please don't come back as a ghost. They are really playing up Bellefluer history this year. I wonder what it's leading up to because I'm sure it's leading up to something.

Terry kicks ass. ETA: Terry and Andy's fist fight had me rolling. "Uh oh, Terry wait cut it out!" Way to be brave Andy. The ending was ridiculous and I agree not in a campy funny way just ridiculous. Did like that version of the song though. Thought everyone griping at each other while they silvered was funny.

So Marnie is all humans suck too? Well, Marnie I agree but, think bigger like kill them all! Which I kinda think is what she's building up to. Lmao at Tara's in there and she's angry. O thank god than she's safe.

Looks like party is over for Debbie. Sadly for her Cooter was hot as hell Marcus....uhh not so much.

Edited by Scrapper, Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:25 PM.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:23 PM

I don't know what is wrong with me, but the Andy/Terry scenes at the fort had me freaked out. First I thought Terry was suggesting they hunt each other in the woods. Then when Andy hit bottom, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Seriously, I thought Andy would try to kill Terry. I thought Andy ws going to run over Andy with the truck. I have no idea why.

Because it's very rare that two bumpkin hillbillies go out into the woods to play with guns and nobody ends up dead.

kechara

kechara

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:26 PM

So whose version of Burning down the house was that?

Lila82

Lila82

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:29 PM

I take back what I said last week about Jason and Jessica: by far, the hottest moment of this show was easily Terry Bellefleur growling at Andy Bellefleur. Their scenes were by far the best of the night.

The Pam/Eric reunion was also lovely. Too bad he's still mostly anesthetized by Sookie's fairy lady bits. UGH.

I hope Jessica gets to kill someone. Preferably Marnie.

Holly is shaping up to be my favorite character of the entire season.

Four seasons and I still don't care about any of Sam's storylines. Unless he's screwing Tara. I'd be there for that show.

Also, if anyone's interested in a Nan/Bill snark off, sign me up. That's a spin off I'd watch in a heartbeat.

dirtydi

dirtydi

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

Marnie has got to go. Some critics(I have read) praise the actress and the character. I don't like either.
Cheesy ending with the slo-mo.
Poor Tommy. I wanted him dead so many times this season and when he did die, I felt bad.
Terry, still my fave. Todd Lowe is hot.
Debbie is a skank. How she got her paws on Alcide, I'll never understand.

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:33 PM

I think Jessica's growing bitchitude is kind of awesome. She always had that aspect to her anyway, but it was more whiny teenager early on. Now she's developed into someone with real reasons to be angry.

The ep was loaded with righteously angry women, come to think of it. Not all of them right, who is and is not being up to one's own POV, but it was definitely a running theme.

Did not see that coming, that Marnie is the one driving the revenge bus. I never did like her, though, so, while a surprise, it wasn't a shock.

And no, Bill, the last time Sookie helped, she did not get shot and nearly die. The last time Sookie helped, she broke Antonia's spell, restored Eric's memory, and saved your unlife. Ass.

I've been really sick of Andy's V addiction, but seeing the Bellefleur boys show their love by fighting was seriously fun for me.

Brit Morgan is amazing. Debbie is the kind of person who looks like you'd get dirty if you touched her, but when you see Brit as herself, she's lovely, warm, and extremely appealing. I don't know how she does it!

And Debbie is backing the wrong horse, now that Sam Merlotte has Marcus in his sights. There's no way that ends well for Marcus.

Kendall95

Kendall95

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:33 PM

I liked this week's ep a lot more than last week's. It's coming together, but still too disjointed.

Tommy's farewell moved me to tears. The kid was a fuckup, and it's sad that he could never overcome that. Was it just the beating that killed him? Either way, didn't see that coming. Props to Marshall Allman's performance.

When Sookie said she was still in love with Bill, the look on Eric's face was all "You gotta be kidding." Especially since he's willing to keep some of those lovey-dovey traits Sookie likes so much. That was just straight up bullshit.

Jessica's kind of a bitch, isn't she?

I'm not feeling her, either. Jason is equally to blame, but at least he acknowledges his guilt and his part in the hookup, as well as the V-induced attraction. Jessica knows that her being involved with Jason would devastate Hoyt. She's not good at playing dumb, with the whole "We did nothing wrong," bit.

The only decent thing in this episode was the final scene with those BAMFs getting out of the van.

Yeah, I liked it too. Even when it's cheesy, I eat that stuff up. Especially since it was badass Eric, and not puppy-dog Eric.

Definitely surprised that Marnie is really the bad guy. Even if/when Antonia is vanquished, Marnie is still a good medium for evil spirits. Maybe this is a way to keep her around for next season?

Glad that Andy's addiction is out in the open. Terry is still awesome.

MightyMac63

MightyMac63

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:34 PM

Why was there a 1-800-DENTIST banner at a Vampire Festival of Tolerance?

Best one liner of the night? Andy's line.."It has a child proof cap..I think"

bobbirmingham

bobbirmingham

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

So whose version of Burning down the house was that?

That would be The Used. It was also used in Transformers 2.

SpottedCoachDog

SpottedCoachDog

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

Kendall 95 When Sookie said she was still in love with Bill, the look on Eric's face was all "You gotta be kidding."

Eric was not the only one with that look. Alan Ball could fuck up a wet dream.

capt planet

capt planet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:38 PM

Poor Tommy. I laughed through his death scene perhaps only because of the "That's so effing sad" line. Cause yeah it is.

I laughed too. Almost as wtf-ish as last week's "no problem, bitch" from Laf to Mavis.

Speaking of Laf, I liked his socks. Well, liked and hated all at once. His outfit/hair combos tend to bring about some confusion.

The way the actor that plays Marcus draws out the last syllable of some of his words irritates the shit out of me.

I liked that Antonia was kind of being held hostage, although I wish she hadn't been so easily convinced by the end of Marnie's speech. I also think they should've established Marnie as the bad guy an episode or two ago. It just seemed rushed to me.

Bill and Nan would be kinda hot together.

Jessica is starting to grate.

It was good to see Sookie in a group of non-Vampires for once. I felt like the last time we saw all of them together was in season one.

That freeze frame at the end was fucking ridiculous.

What a stupid and terrible show...can't believe I watch this shit. Yet I set my alarm every Sunday. Ahh, the guilt.