Season 8 Wish List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

42 replies to this topic

090108joanna

090108joanna

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

My wish for the finale is just that it be hopeful: that House is still alive, with Wilson still his best bud, and that his future somehow looks as if it might provide more joy than he's found in his past. It doesn't have to be anything earth-shattering, and I'd be perfectly satisfied if the final scene was of him sitting at his piano, playing something which produces that blissful look he gets when he's making music.

lz1982

lz1982

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2012 @ 9:42 AM

Responding to this post about the finale from the "Ratings and Scheduling" thread:

I dread to see it too, I just know it will be far from uplifting or hopeful. I know that this was never a fairy tale, but it didn't use to be such a dark show with such cynical characters who can't sustain meaningful relationships.

I don't need a "happy" ending per se--I mean, it would be nice, but I'm not expecting it. I'd like to see something that, at least, tilts in a hopeful direction. For instance, House going back to see Dr. Nolan. Or something like the end of "Half-Wit," where House hesitates before joining his team at a bar. We never found out what happened there, just that for once he was making a choice not be alone and miserable. That would be nice to see again.

I really hope they don't kill House; however, even worse for me would be an "It was all a hallucination" ending.

Edited by lz1982, Feb 14, 2012 @ 9:42 AM.

jany11

jany11

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

David Shore is writing the finale so I would guess that he's known for awhile (maybe since the show started?) how he wants it all to end.

I too hope it will have a hopeful, if bittersweet ending. Some have predicted a sherlock holmes type finale, wherein House would fake his own death, and maybe only Wilson would know about it or be able to figure out what happened, thus allowing him to leave PPTH and start over somewhere else doing who knows what.

I really don't want an actual death, though. But as a tragic hero, that may be his fate. A theme I've picked up on this season -- and it was very prominent in the "Chase" episode -- is House being more open, more supportive of individual team members so they will be happier, or at least less miserable than him in the process. I think for every team member as well as Foreman he's done something that's caring, trying to get them to see truths about their lives--in a Housian way. So it seems that the writers are building a theme of House passing on not just his medical philosophy, but trying to get his team to make the right choices so they will have happier lives, since he is convinced he can't have that himself. That to me is very bittersweet, that he continues to be full of such self-loathing, and it may be that his only peace in the finale will come with knowing that he taught others not to be like him.

Tell Her No

Tell Her No

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Doin' the Curly Shuffle to the right place....

Edited by Tell Her No, Mar 10, 2012 @ 6:19 PM.

Prothall

Prothall

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

I'm not sure what you want us to say, then. If you've hated the show since the first three episodes, why do you care what happens to it?

Tell Her No

Tell Her No

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

Nothin' to see here...just spread out and move along....

Edited by Tell Her No, Mar 10, 2012 @ 6:20 PM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

This is the Season 8 Wish List thread. For discussing what you wish for the rest of the season. It's not a general series discussion thread. That's what the All Seasons thread is for.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Mar 9, 2012 @ 2:01 PM.

m3dix

m3dix

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 2:01 AM

My Wish for Season 8 is, if I can't fall back in love with the show again, then I hope to finish up the Season, and the series, being able to see what may still be good. Maybe I could fall in "like" with it again.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Mar 10, 2012 @ 3:41 AM.
boards on boards; off-topic

mcjen

mcjen

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 7:14 AM

Maybe I could fall in "like" with it again.

Echo this. Except my expectations may be even lower. Having just watched "Love Is Blind", or attempted to, since I find myself reading, doing puzzles on my cellphone, or virtually anything else during House episodes these days - I seem to only be watching out of nostalgia for what the show once was. Initially, I hoped Shore and company could summon up some vestiges of their former creativity to give us a series end that might barely approach the glory days of "Three Stories" or "House's Head"/"Wilson's Heart".

At this point, though, I'm only hoping they don't embarass themselves and leaving a bad enough taste in the mouth to make watching re-runs of early seasons impossible.

plain

plain

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

I know it's probably too late but I was hoping they'd do a Six Feet Under type finale. It's harder than the "it was all just a dream" kind, but so much better for fans or people who used to be fans.

LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

My wish is to see House end on a high note. I would love to simply watch House limp out of the front doors of PPTH to the sounds of You Can't Always Get What You Want, much the way he ended the pilot. End it as it began.

ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

I know we're still in the season but I'd like to see house end up back in jail. Maybe he didn't do it or maybe it was to save someone else but I think it could be a good twist.

mcjen

mcjen

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 6:17 PM

Less than an hour to go...and I find myself strangely neutral about what exactly happens in the finale. Just hoping desperately that it's "worthy". As in well-written; cannot imagine it won't be well-acted. C'mon, Shore - pull out some of that that crazy "No Reason", "House's Head"/"Wilson's Heart", end of Season 5 magic. Just once more. Please?