Season 8 Wish List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

42 replies to this topic

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

I may be a bit premature, since it's only August and House doesn't begin until October, but I'm interested in hearing what other House watchers are hoping for Season 8.

To get us started, here's my list:

I want to see a lilttle more of Foreman's ambition. I don't like that his firing desire to succeed seems to have flickered out. I want to see him trying to leave the nest - applying for a department head position, sending out resumes to other hospitals, etc.

It would be great if House were watching daytime t.v. and there was Taub on Maury Povich. He is behaving just like one of the over-sexed and under-responsible guests on that program, so I think that would be hilarious. Other than that, I don't want to see him at all. He's a sleazebag, and not in an endearing way.

I'd love to see a strong storyline involving Wilson. So frequently his storylines just fizzle out or are allowed to die. (Wilson's responsiblity to his schizophrenic brother, for example.) There hasn't been much real exploration of House and Wilson's friendship for the last couple of seasons; Wilson's been reduced to House's toady, who inexplicably laps up his abuse with good cheer. Let's give him some backbone and a story of his own.

Edited by QueenofCups, Aug 28, 2011 @ 10:18 AM.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2011 @ 11:11 PM

I'd love to see a strong storyline involving Wilson. So frequently his storylines just fizzle out or are allowed to die. (Wilson's responsiblity to his schizophrenic brother, for example.) There hasn't been much real exploration of House and Wilson's friendship for the last couple of seasons; Wilson's being reduced to House's toady, who inexplicably laps up his abuse with good cheer. Let's give him some backbone and a story of his own.

Think Big if you're gonna dream, I always say, and if wishes were horses <sigh>....You have no idea how much I agree with you, but my sad fear is that the writers have long lost their imagination. I'm quite sure the main focus will be all about House's psyche, throw in a little about Chase's and Taub's libidos and a bit of Foreman's resigned tolerance, and there is our show.

What I would like to see is a story for Chase that doesn't involve his privates, and as you said, a story where Wilson grows a pair.

Edited by Fable, Aug 27, 2011 @ 11:18 PM.

HyacinthBucket

HyacinthBucket

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 8:37 AM

I want to see House's mother for more than a brief glimpse. In my opinion, House's demons go back to his childhood and his abusive father. I know House will never be "healed," but it seems to me that going back and dealing with his feelings about his father would be beneficial to him, and a visit from House's mother would be the perfect catalyst. I would love to see her move in for a couple of episodes and watch House deal with crisply ironed shirts and being (s)mothered by Blyth's attentions. And please let Blythe be played by Diane Baker, not replaced by some high profile actress in a pathetic attempt to gain ratings.

I'd like to see the writers go back and pick up some of those other loose ends that were far more interesting to me than Cuddy, Cuddy, and more Cuddy. I'd like to see more repercussions to the Dibali case than just the loss of Cameron. I'd like to see Wilson's brother. I'd like to know why it was so gosh-darn important to get rid of the original team at the end of Season 3 because it was time they moved on, yet Thirteen and Taub seem to hang around forever. If time has passed between the finale of Season 7 and the premiere of Season 8, I want it to reflect not only in their status on House's team, but in Thirteen's health. Is hanging on to Thirteen worth losing further credibility, simply because she is played by Olivia Wilde?

Hormyga

Hormyga

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 2:58 PM

Think Big if you're gonna dream, I always say, and if wishes were horses <sigh>....You have no idea how much I agree with you, but my sad fear is that the writers have long lost their imagination. I'm quite sure the main focus will be all about House's psyche, throw in a little about Chase's and Taub's libidos and a bit of Foreman's resigned tolerance, and there is our show.

I totally agree. My wish is for more Wilson, but if the news about the actor's contract as well as RSL's seemingly ambivalent feelings toward the show are anything to go by, I don't think we will be getting it. Instead what we'll very likely get is a hot new female team member hooking up with Chase, since this is what TPTB obviously find more relevant for the show.

Hyacinth's suggestion about House's mother brought back my frustration with the producers hiring two new young actresses instead of, I don't know, bringing in House's mom as a recurring character for what will most probably be the last season. Or, restoring Wilson's appearance in the show at ALL the episodes instead of keeping them at the same lower quantity.

So the only remaining wish I have is that Wilson does not forgive House as easily as before and that House works as hard to get back that friendship as he did to keep his relationship with Cuddy in s7.

Edited by Hormyga, Aug 28, 2011 @ 3:05 PM.

BlackGothicRose

BlackGothicRose

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

At first I want to say that I have never been so excited in the anticipation of the next season than I am this time. Because I think that after the events in “Moving On” and the shaking up in the cast, the Producers and the Writers have the chance to blow fresh air in the show. If they don't screw this up, they have the chance to reinvent the show and bring it back to its old strength.

Here is my wish list for season 8:

Perhaps House needs to get back to some kind of therapy. Preferably at Dr. Cate Milton (Mira Sorvino / episode Frozen).

House could use a lawyer who helps him deal with the fallout. I would love to see Stacy again. But that could be difficult, because Sela Ward has a role on the TV show CSY NY.

My favorite candidate as the new Dean of Medicine is Cameron. I think that she has emancipated herself enough from House by now to do the job successfully.
But since Jennifer Morrison is busy at “One upon a Time” I would like to have Dr. Sam Carr alias Cynthia Watros as the new DoM.

I don't want Wilson or Foreman as the new DoM.

The new DoM should not serve as love interest for House.

The new DoM should not dress herself like a slut like Cuddy has done it with her deep cleavage and way to short and tight skirts.

Since Cuddy is gone and the writers don't have to deal with her family affairs anymore, we could finally get to know and see Houses biological dad and Wilson's brother Danny. Since we have had 5 (five) episodes with Cuddy’s mother and sister, it couldn't be too much to ask for to get at least one episode with Houses biological dad and at least one episode with Wilson's brother. Seeing Diane Baker / Houses mother Blythe again would be great, too.

I would love to see Stephen Fry in the role of Houses Half-Brother and arch enemy Mycroft.

And since Wilson's Screentime has been insufficient in season 7 and as a compensation for his degradation to a Huddy Whisperer, I wish a Wilson centric episode.

House and Wilson should remain friends. Wilson should be a good friend to House and not judgmental anymore. I want to have the Hilson (b)romance back. It would be cool if the two of them would be living together again.

One episode with Dr. Nolan. Because Nolan has screwed up big time and should know about the damage he has caused as he suggested House in Baggage that a relationship with Cuddy could be the solution for his problems. Cuddy was the cause of some of Houses problems, but clearly not the solution.

House needs a decent pain therapy. With that I don’t mean that he should get back to the Ibuprofen.

I would like to see how Taub resolves the situation with his two pregnant women.

I would love to see House's wife Dominika again. Perhaps the greencard marriage turns into a real marriage at some point of time.

I want House, the world renowned diagnostician, back. People should respect him and don't use him as a doormat. I want to see him deep in thoughts, while working on a case.

House should get Happy within the realms of his possibilities. Steady on! That isn’t possible because „David Shore doesn't do happy.“ But then House should come to a state where he is satisfied with himself and his life.

I hope that they could get Doris Egan back for at least one episode. I would love to see another Hilson roadtrip.

One episode directed or written by Hugh Laurie.

Clinic patients, the white board, ball-y and a House / Bones crossover.

I am unsure regarding a Guest Appearance of Cuddy in season 8.

At the one side, I am afraid that the overloud Huddy - screaming will start again in the fandom. I clearly don't want that. Have had an overdose of it since the promo-photo of the episode 4.16 with House in the hospital bed and Cuddy holding his hand has been released. This overloud Huddy -screaming has almost driven me away from the fandom in season five. It has almost been impossible to talk about other things than Huddy and it has made me sad that such an intelligent multifaceted show like House M.D. has been reduced to this ship. I know a lot of people who left the fandom because of it or retreated permanently into Lurkerdom.

On the other side, I don't know if an additional episode in order to get closure between House and Cuddy is really necessary.
The show is about House and House has his closure.
If the name of the show would be “PPTH” for example and be similar to Greys Anatomy with several leading actors / actresses, I would say “Yes, of course.” immediately.

But perhaps there should be one last episode with Cuddy anyway. An episode / scenario which is similar to the one Cameron and Chase have had in the episode 6.17 Lockdown. It should be a scenario where House and Cuddy are running into each other by accident and forced to talk to each other in order to eliminate their misunderstandings of the events in “Moving On”. House should know that Cuddy has not lied to him, as she has told him that she was not dating someone. And Cuddy should know Houses point of view. They should come to a real closure. After this episode their ways should separate forever and I never want to see Cuddy on the show again. I am glad that she's finally gone. Because I can't stand her anymore since she pulled the pranks on House in the middle of season five.

I am looking forward to season 8 and after season 8 I want to have season 9!

Sorry for the long post!

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:59 AM

Perhaps House needs to get back to some kind of therapy. Preferably at Dr. Cate Milton (Mira Sorvino / episode Frozen).

I disagree. House seemed attracted to her, and it's probably a bad idea to have as your therapist someone you have a crush on. There's needs to be a bit more objectivity in the therapist/patient relationship. That's why I rolled my eyes at Cuddy's attempts to play amateur psychologist in Moving On.

The new DoM should not serve as love interest for House.

ITA. I don't think that they should just repeat the House/Cuddy dynamic with a new DoM. Give us something and someone new.

House needs a decent pain therapy. With that I don’t mean that he should get back to the Ibuprofen.

ITA. He should be in a chronic pain management program instead of bouncing in between using totally inadequate over-the-counter meds and forging prescriptions for massive amounts of vicodin. That nobody has suggested this earlier - not Nolan, nor Wilson, nor Cuddy - seems an enormous oversight. Does no one in PPTH know how to practice medicine?

Edited by QueenofCups, Aug 30, 2011 @ 11:10 AM.

starwolf

starwolf

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 5:46 PM

I have a long-standing wish list for Patient of the Week:

A used car salesman, so someone can say to House, "So, 'Everybody Lies' except USED CAR SALESMEN?!?"

A celebrity couple is in the hospital to give birth, but the POTW is a tabloid reporter who sneaks into PPTH to steal medical records and get candid photos.

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 1:39 PM

From caseylane in the thread for 8-6 "Parents":

Still, if I were Wilson I would make [House and Foreman] both pay somehow.

This is now on my wish list for this (hopefully last) season. My #1 wish is still for Hugh Laurie to have his best chance to show his acting chops. Of course this could all fit together. :-}

extracat

extracat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 7:10 PM

I'd like to see Chase take on more of a leadership role. I'd like to see a good story for him that revisits his issues with his faith and I'd like to see him return to the faith he used to have because I think that having a character who blended science and faith would make a more balanced cast of characters. I can point to one specific scene that made me a fan of this show and that was when Chase prayed over the dead baby in Forever. I'd like to see that Chase again.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 11:04 PM

I hate when Wilson is written as House's doormat - the guy who puts up with anything for no good reason just because he's House's sidekick and lackey. My wish for season 8 is for Wilson to get a spine and call House on his behaviour before it results in Wilson's bank account being frozen, his girlfriend killed, his boss's house destroyed, etc.

mickeddy

mickeddy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 9:02 AM

I'd like to see a crossover between House and Mentalist.
A couple of intelligent, perceptive and manipulative sociopaths as main characters?

I would love to see House and Patrick spending an hour or two screwing with each other's heads

khoff

khoff

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 8:02 PM

I realize there's no way this will happen, but I would love to see House and Wilson admit that they either have been all along or could be more than "just friends" and ride off into the sunset together, with Hugh Laurie's track of "Let Them Talk" as the background music.

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 8:46 PM

I would be satisfied if the last scene of the series is House and Wilson sitting on House's couch, crossing their legs in unison as they did in one of the early episodes (can't remember the title). Hugh Laurie's music would be a definite plus.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

I don't want House to end with a special event episode. DS is ambitious enough to want to do them, but he doesn't have the vision to pull them off. Wilson's Head and House's Heart was the last of the big budget special event episodes that really worked for me.

Since then, the special event episodes have been disappointing. They have been unoriginal and uninspired : House in the mental hospital was derived from One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest combined with an after-school special about listening to your mental health professional and taking your meds; Thirteen at gunpoint shamelessly mined tv cop shows cliches.

With some special event episodes, TPTB seemed to have decided on spectacular special effects first and then awkwardly fit House and company into that scenario, at the expense of logic and character continuity (Help Me, Moving On.) Maybe the lesson that TPTB took from the success of House's Head/Wilson's Heart was that people really loved the expensively staged bus accident and they obliged with more explosions and crashes?

I'd prefer if the last episode was just really solid (like House vs. God) rather than a special event. I don't want the return of Cuddy, the "ghosts" of Kutner and Amber, Thirteen or even Cameron. I want just a well-written, well-performed episode to remind me of what House used to be.

As House seems to have been getting nastier the last couple of episodes, one of my fears is that the TPTB are planning a Seinfeld style closure. They vent all their hostility towards the character that has made them rich and successful and punish House in some satisfying way. As House has already been punished by going to prison and being committed to a mental hospital, any further punishment would be extreme (most likely House's death or Wilson's).

My second biggest fear is House riding off into the sunset with Cuddy, but with KJ out of the picture, this isn't preying on my mind as much.

Edited by QueenofCups, Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:08 PM.

fortuneshine

fortuneshine

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

I would be satisfied if the last scene of the series is House and Wilson sitting on House's couch, crossing their legs in unison as they did in one of the early episodes (can't remember the title). Hugh Laurie's music would be a definite plus.

Now that your vision came to pass, though on Wilson's couch sans Hugh's music, in Better Half that may be that. I suppose the show could go for the hat trick with it.

I realize there's no way this will happen, but I would love to see House and Wilson admit that they either have been all along or could be more than "just friends" and ride off into the sunset together, with Hugh Laurie's track of "Let Them Talk" as the background music.

That would be bliss. If only the recent comment House to Wilson: "We really gotta get you laid. If I have to plough that furrow myself, so be it." could be seen as forshadowing rather than what I fear it truly is; part of the longest cock tease in history.

A closing House/Wilson stroll around PPTH with "Let Them Talk" in the background would suffice for me.

Unspoiled

Unspoiled

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

I kinda want a major character on the show to realize that he/she is miserable. Have him/her make an active choice to do something about it. There has been a longtime trend of these characters stuck in a rut that doesn't do anything for their morales or self esteem.
The finale could have a scene where someone actually laughs or smiles in a totally unironic way--that would warm my heart. I would love to see the darkness lift for a moment, rather than have the "people don't change" mantra being driven into the ground.
This is my wish, not my expectation.

ChelseaMcQ

ChelseaMcQ

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

I would be happy with an ending like the season 3 finale.

Hugh Laurie with a guitar and a simple smile that says it's all gonna be okay.

Edited by ChelseaMcQ, Feb 9, 2012 @ 3:42 PM.

Esperance

Esperance

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 5:44 PM

House actually did die when he was shot at the end of season whichonewasit?2?1?. Everything since was ... I dunno, death-memory. Or something.

It's actually quite hard to speculate about the end. They've done so many dream sequences and hallucinations you'd hope they didn't pull it again for the grand finale but I can't be sure they'll be able to resist. As much as I'd quite like a low-key ending on a pithy oneliner, can the writers really resist not blowing something up?

Edited by Esperance, Feb 9, 2012 @ 5:44 PM.

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

What if House is still in the psych ward and the last 2 seasons (3?) have been all in his imagination....? I might not hate that since the last few seasons have been just so-so.

Prothall

Prothall

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

Or at the end of the show, he wakes up, and it's right after the infarction, and instead of doing the muscle removal surgery, Stacy kept him in the coma like he wanted, and everything since then has been his coma dream.

Or something.

extracat

extracat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

I don't want to see Cuddy, Cameron, or Thirteen return for the final episode because if they did, it would be all about that character. Heaven forbid we have to see 13 die, something that most of us probably don't care about.

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

What if House retires? Maybe the last few episodes he can "train" Foreman or Chase to be the new House so they can take over. Or is that what he has been doing all along, prepping them to take over? That might be comical/touching/depressing to watch... something this show does very well.

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

I almost feel like they've been prepping Chase for House's role all season. He seems to be the only one House actually listens to. I can see him leaving and telling Foreman to put Chase in charge. I would actually be ok with that. Park could be his Wilson in an odd couple kind of way.

Have they finished filming or is the finale still open?

Edited by caseylane, Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:44 PM.

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they have wrapped yet. Since they just made the announcement, it makes me feel like they have to re-do or re-think what they were going to do if this wasn't the series final season.

arachne

arachne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

Here's my idea for the series finale:

House disappears from PPTH -- death, retirement, prison, doesn't matter to me. In the final scene, Foreman and Chase are walking down a corridor (Chase still limping with a cane.) Foreman runs down a list of cases, and Chase keeps saying, "No ... no ... no, he's gonna die ... no ... Boring ... no ... no ..."

(Hey, it worked on Homicide:LOTS!)

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

Chase keeps saying, "No ... no ... no, he's gonna die ... no ... Boring ... no ... no ..."

Or "Everybody lies!"

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

Or "Everybody lies!"

Or "It's never lupus".

And hey, somebody could actually get lupus! I call Taub.

extracat

extracat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

Here's my idea for the series finale:

House disappears from PPTH -- death, retirement, prison, doesn't matter to me. In the final scene, Foreman and Chase are walking down a corridor (Chase still limping with a cane.) Foreman runs down a list of cases, and Chase keeps saying, "No ... no ... no, he's gonna die ... no ... Boring ... no ... no ..."

Passing the torch to the next generation. Love it! :)

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

And hey, somebody could actually get lupus! I call Taub.

House dying from Lupus would be amazing... He would get sick, they wouldn't be able to figure out what was wrong... and he'd die before they realize it was Lupus... I like it.

fortuneshine

fortuneshine

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 4:32 AM

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they have wrapped yet. Since they just made the announcement, it makes me feel like they have to re-do or re-think what they were going to do if this wasn't the series final season.

They have not yet finished filming. As in seasons past, the last episode will be filmed around early to mid-April for airing at the end of May.

Also even though the announcement of the decision to end the series was just released that in no way means that TPTB didn't know at the start of season 8 or at the very least as far back as the end of November sweeps that they were calling it quits. They simply weren't ready to make it official until now. They saw the continuing decline of the ratings, the general absence of enthusiasm for the show in particular critically and they knew where the desire or lack thereof for the key players, especially Hugh, to sign on for another season stood. This was DS, HL and Co's call not that of FOX or NBC/UNI. They were not caught off guard or given short notice. This was of their design so they had plenty of time to plan out the path they want the show to take to its final conclusion.

Separately, I just saw Stephen Fry host this year's BAFTAs... It made me sorry that they never figured out a way to bring Stephen in for at least one episode. He would have made a wonderful foe to Hugh's House. I guess it's too late for that now.

Edited by fortuneshine, Feb 13, 2012 @ 7:56 AM.