S23: Stacey

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Aug 23, 2011 @ 10:09 PM

Her profile is super blah. I hope she's more interesting than that.

BearPaw25

BearPaw25

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 24, 2011 @ 3:07 PM

Probably the one I have least interest in. I do like that she is a Survivor fan though(assumedly as I can't fathom the producers giving this cast Marquesas to watch which she mentioned details about in her interview). Other than that...meh. The most disposable person to me in this cast.

ratherbereading

ratherbereading

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

I've got to root for her simply because she is 30 miles from my hometown.

But otherwise she is eminently forgettable.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2011 @ 9:42 PM

Well, she can always get a job following Adam West around yelling sound effects.

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 11:18 PM

I was totally in Stacey's corner until she started up with the whole, "How DARE they follow Coach-God instead of the one true God!?" Then I was glad to be rid of her.

Freeoh

Freeoh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 12:23 AM

Well, she brought the laughs. But she played a poor social game - and her physical success wasn't enough. And there's no way Coach was keeping her around because of her association with Christine. A pity, but BLAM! she's outta there.

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 10:13 AM

Turning down the group hug was a truly classless act. Obviously, someone would be voted out and she knew she was an obvious target (fairly or unfairly); getting all butthurt when her was name written down was simply hypocrisy.

Boo-hoo. I'm actually hoping the odious Christine wins next week so we won't have to hear more of Stacey's whining.

Edited by Raider Duck, Oct 6, 2011 @ 10:23 AM.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 10:24 AM

I liked it that she turned down the fakey group hug. They voted her out. She didnít feel like hugging them, and I donít blame her.

Just the idea of giving her a big hug was distasteful. Itís Benjaminís idea that he can pretend that everything is done with honor and glory. Stacey wasnít in the mood for pretending. Good for her!

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 10:30 AM

I don't mind that she turned down the hug either. Like she said, "it's not real". They treated her like an outcast and didn't talk to her all that much, she did a good job on the challenge and she still got voted out. I don't blame her for being hurt, especially when the useless Edna is sitting around doing nothing.

Avia

Avia

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 3:03 PM

Yeah, I don't blame her for rejecting the hug. She wasn't close to these people, she was isolated from them and they from her, and they weren't really sad to see her go. That was partly her own doing, so I'm not saying that she was done wrong by being voted out or anything like that, but the hugging stuff was bullshit and everyone there knew it. Look at their facial expressions when she refused the hug! None of them look hurt or taken aback or even particularly surprised. Even Coach looks like he's thinking "Yeah, well, okay. Fair 'nuff." This wasn't like Brian's ouster in Guatemala, where even though he was on the wrong side of the numbers, the other people really did like him and really did feel bad to vote him out. This was just Coach wanting to pull some California nonsense, and Stacey wanting none of that.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 3:29 PM

Does she remind anyone else of Monica from Big Brother 2?

I really wished she would have lasted longer because I think if she would have lasted she would have been entertaining.

Truth is she had to go because you should never allow the outcast a chance to make the merge.

I am glad that she wanted no part of the hug either. These people lived with her for what ten days or so (I can't remember), did they really think she would want to hug them after they voted her out. Just watching her on television, I knew she would not be open to hugging them.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 4:11 PM

I agree that the main alliance had to vote Stacey out. Even if she had been a challenge monster, she would have had to go.

Too bad because I will miss the faces she pulls and her dry sense of humor.

Iím looking forward to her at the duel or whatever they call it these days.

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 4:32 PM

Who WAS Stacey aligned with on her tribe? I don't remember her being connected with anyone but Christine, unless we just weren't shown it.

Also - "Ricochet Rabbit?" Is that a thing? like a cartoon I just never heard of or something? Perhaps one with a lot of sound effects like BOOM and BLOOP?

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 6:01 PM

Yep, "Bing- bing- bing, it's Ricochet Rabbit. It's an old cartoon. I think the titular rabbit was a sheriff.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 10:46 PM

Yeah, he was kind of a poor man's Speedy Gonzales.

Giesela1000

Giesela1000

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 7:18 PM

If she had stuck around who knows how I would have felt about her. Still to many players and too little time to get an idea of what people are like - plus honestly I never trust the edits to not be manipulative.

I do know I will miss "BAM!" and "BLAM!" I was looking forward to more of those.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2011 @ 12:12 PM

The thing that pissed me off about her: when she brushed off Edna. Who cares if YOU think she's annoying? She's obviously ten times more popular than you with the in crowd, and it's because she's generally nice, helpful and pleasant, if somewhat too much of all of those.
When she's talking to you, answer to her nicely. What do you have to lose?

Does she know what a social game is?

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2011 @ 2:55 PM

If she had stuck around who knows how I would have felt about her. Still to many players and too little time to get an idea of what people are like - plus honestly I never trust the edits to not be manipulative.

Very true, in the first few seasons you got to know the first boots better even if they were not in the game that long. I felt that people like B.B. and Mad Dog stuck out just as much as others.

Does she know what a social game is?

For her I think it was very much a two-way street. From what we saw it seemed that the majority never really took the time to get to know her. However, on the flip side of things it seemed like she did not make much of an effort to fit in with the majority either.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2011 @ 3:27 PM

The grim Stacey reminded me of Vigo from Ghostbusters II.

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 3:05 AM

I always perceived her as negative, but I'm willing to chalk some of that up to manipulative editing. However, given her reaction and confessionals involving Edna, I also have to believe that she did not make much of an effort to socialize with the main group.

I also remember the episode when Christine was voted out, and when people asked Stacey about the whole HII situation, she said something similar to "If Christine found the Idol, she would have told me!" That was a red flag on several levels. One- she sounded like she was close to Christine. Two- she pretty much sold out Christine by implying she doesn't have the HII. Three- she sounded very defensive when asked that question. That was pretty poor both on a social and strategic level.

Smagu

Smagu

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 8:43 PM

Bitter much?

I really can't stand sore losers in any type of game, so she and Christine really annoy me. Nobody cheated or did anything wrong, you just flat out lost. Stop bitching and moaning and move on.

EggMan

EggMan

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 11:13 PM

I couldn't understand any of what she said before the challenge. Where's the subtitles when you need them?

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 11:28 PM

Yeah, I wasn't at all sad to see her leave, either. She was absolutely terrible, both strategically and socially (and as much as you thought she was annoying, you really should have taken notes from Edna, Stacey -- at least she was TRYING to fit in).

Plus we learned that having a strong ass isn't much of a selling point for keeping someone around.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 12:22 AM

Does anybody else picture her continuing to bitch and rant at the dead bodies while she embalms them?

doctorb

doctorb

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 10:24 AM

I loved her rant. I'd pay money to see her on stage long before that stupid poet. I couldn't really follow it and I'm not sure it would have made sense even with subtitles, but it was a hundred times more entertaining than the "I'd have tons of babies without drugs" thing.