Dead Meet Market

• Please log in to reply

74 replies to this topic

Milan23

Milan23

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

IMy enjoyment of the second half of this season was greatly diminished due to the fact that I couldn't participate here in the forums. Oh well, I suppose I need to go catch up.

Ginna

Ginna

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that The Walking Dead has made the final round of the Hulu Best in Show. It's currently neck and neck with Community. You can vote here if you are interested:

http://www.hulu.com/bestinshow/4/4

dc_liz

dc_liz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:42 AM

diebartdie - I ran the 5k last year in Baltimore and I'll be running it again this October. It was an interesting experience, both good and bad, in terms of logistics and overzealousness on the part of certain zombies and certain runners, which resulted in several injuries. It required a lot more conditioning and training that I expected and I was woefully underprepared last year and ended up quitting before the end.

My kid and I were in the commercial for the race, and the "making of" video on YouTube. Which is among the more interesting things I've done in my life. You can actually see kiddo in the commercial, and I am apparently the final zombie growl at the end of the commercial. He's the kid in the green shirt and I'm in the bloody scrubs.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CEsdQ8NVuyY

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CEsdQ8NVuyY

And - by way of introduction - I'm Liz. I'm a huge zombie fan (Romero-style), but knew basically nothing about the Walking Dead other than what google and wikipedia told me before watching. Zombies scare the crap out of me, but I can't resist the genre.

Kolaka

Kolaka

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 6:22 PM

So I decided to search for the CDC in Atlanta (using Google Maps), and while trying to get a street view to load, I noticed something funny in one of the 5 reviews. It's at 1600 Clifton Road Northeast in Atlanta. Somebody is hilarious!

Heh, thanks for the tip, there a few more funny comments now.

I'm a huge zombie fan (Romero-style), but knew basically nothing about the Walking Dead other than what google and wikipedia told me before watching.

I'm also a zombie fan, and since my zombie-loving boyfriend and I have broken up, I'll be watching on my own when the new season starts. I didn't know anything about the Walking Dead either - I have all of the comics loaded digitally now and will be getting my zombie fix over the summer reading them.

DumDum

DumDum

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 6:08 AM

Just had to share this with some people who would get my excitement about it.

Operating in Melbourne, Australia at the moment:

http://www.theage.co...1118-29kav.html

Oh yeah!

magpye29

magpye29

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

Hello everyone, magpye here. My love of shiny things could be a problem in the ZA, but I just can't help myself. I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic fiction--there's a lot of decent stuff out there on the YA shelves.

My daughter hooked my son and me onto this show, and now it's become family bonding viewing. We needed it. A couple of years ago, my son and his best friend used to go to Walmart with me on every trip, which I thought was odd until I discovered they were playing "Zombie Apocalypse." They would spend the whole time plotting survival strategies, making supply lists, creating their stronghold, etc. This was well before TWD, but I totally loved it when I found out what they were doing.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

Just announced - Danai Gurira (Michonne) and previously announced Chandler Riggs (Carl) will be at Seattle's Emerald City Comicon this March. The prices seem excellent too. I might just have to get to this. The artist from the Walking Dead comic books, Charlie Adlard is there also.

Edited by Doom, Dec 3, 2012 @ 4:27 PM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 5:34 PM

There is going to be a Walking Dead panel in Cincinnati in March [22-24] at HorrorHound Weekend. There are a bunch of people from the show there and possibly more to come, and it is currently dirt cheap ($35) for a 3-day pass. The list is already:

• Norman Reedus (Daryl)
  • Jon Bernthal (Shane)
  • Michael Rooker (Merle)
  • Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori)
  • Scott Wilson (Hershel)
  • Chandler Riggs (Carl)
  • Greg Nicotero (effects/director/producer)
And on top of that John Carpenter will be there.

DumDum

DumDum

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

AMCs The Walking Dead Christmas Special

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4VKHZDwfY6k

Kudos to Jawiin - this is hilarious!

iojpoutn

iojpoutn

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Hello all. I don't post much, but I wanted to share this video I made. It's a Walking Dead parody video made with World of Warcraft. You'll still get most of the jokes even if you don't play WoW. Thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SPu5FNGHo9E

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 1:36 PM

Anyone planning to see Warm Bodies to hold them over until the show returns? The movie seems geared to teenagers, but it does have zombies and I'm tempted.

diebartdie

diebartdie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

Oh I dont know irishmaple, Im so damn picky when it comes to #1 comedy and #2 zombies, Warm Bodies doesn't look like it's going to be my cup of tea. I LOVED Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland! I HATED Fido so bad I didnt even finish watching it. I was fine with Bub from Day of the Dead, Bub made sense however, the idea of zombies having romantic feelings and those feelings being reciprocated by a LIVING PERSON (does the living person have no sense of smell???) just grosses me right the eff out. If you do go, give us a little review eh?

Bftww

Bftww

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 9:58 PM

Bumping the thread to mention the MOOC (massive open online course) based on TWD being offered by the University of California at Irvine. I posted about this before, and Doom asked me to create a thread for it, but I have been advised that this was the appropriate place for light discussion of course activities.

RagingTomato

RagingTomato

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 12:45 PM

I signed up for the UC Irivne class the day it was announced. I am ridiculously excited to participate in it.

Bftww

Bftww

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 6:11 AM

Video of course faculty talking to three members of The Walking Dead cast.  

Here are the discussion questions for the first module.  

1.  In Maslow’s hierarchy, we learn that self-actualization is at the highest level of needs. Do you think any of the characters on The Walking Dead were self-actualized before the apocalypse? Do you think any of the characters would eventually reach self-actualization were circumstances to allow for it? Why or why not? Give examples.

2.  Relationships play a key role in how we move up and down levels in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. A good example of this is the relationship between Glenn and Maggie. Trace how Glenn and Maggie’s relationship has moved up the levels. How do you think these two might move up to the highest level?  

3.  Where would be the best place to go if you want to avoid walkers in a world infested with the walking dead?  (According to one of the readings, the answer is a mall.)

Edited by Bftww, Oct 15, 2013 @ 6:59 AM.