Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion

• Please log in to reply

2023 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 18, 2011 @ 8:44 AM

This is the place to come for spoilers about upcoming episodes. If you're not sure what is or isn't considered a spoiler on TWoP, please see the FAQ.

JennyEve

JennyEve

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 6:05 AM

An interview with Glen Mazzara I haven't seen posted here before. Since he talks about his plans for season 2 I guess it mostly belongs here in the spoiler thread.

What I find most interesting is his take on the Hershel's farm storyline. The fact that Rick and his gang totally bust up Hershel's life with their bumbling interference is something that already struck me as funny in the comics. Seems like they're gonna play that aspect up quite a bit.

But I'm not too sure how I feel about this part, though:

What's been surprising is that in the graphic novel the story that takes place on Hershel's farm is really only a few issues. We've been able to mine that for many episodes, and we're very excited about the depth to which we're able to push the characters, the different dynamics that we're able to explore.

For many episodes? That sounds to me like they are planning to practically spend the whole season on Hershel's farm. I had really hoped to get a bit more forward momentum going this year, not the glacially slow story development again that we had last year. This just sounds like many, many long talks and indoor scenes and needless drama without any real action. *sigh*
Someone please tell me I'm too pessimistic.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 12:10 AM

Lengthy Interview with the Producers with FearNet (previewing Season 2): http://www.fearnet.c...n_two_with.html

ChickenLatte9

ChickenLatte9

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 3:12 PM

Did anyone else notice the helicopters in the previews? I am dying to know what that's all about.

CGRealms

CGRealms

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 9:38 PM

So what's the over/under on Sophia being found alive?

bnleah

bnleah

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 9:57 PM

ChickenLatte9: Did anyone else notice the helicopters in the previews? I am dying to know what that's all about.

I could be wrong but since it looks like only Shane & Lori are seeing them I'm guessing it has to do with the pre-zombiepocalypse flashbacks mentioned here.

Lillywhite

Lillywhite

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 12:24 AM

I bet Sophia is just hanging out at Hershel farm.

I really don't wanna see a whole season of Hershel farm, because that means too much focus on that stupid, useless love triangle and I just hate that storyline so much. I guess introducing the prison in the same season might be too much, but they can still just focus on just Axel, Andrew, and the others and leave the governor stuff for next season.

Heatrae

Heatrae

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 10:07 AM

There looked to be some kind of Farmer's Daughter snippet from the previews.

Elysiannn

Elysiannn

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 2:57 PM

I thought it was said there won't be the Governor character in the TV series.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 6:33 PM

I know we are suppose to get Michonne this season. Can't wait to see that casting. Hoping for Gina Torres.

LetsGoPens

LetsGoPens

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 9:55 PM

Oh this will piss me off so much if it's true.

Don Lamb

Don Lamb

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 8:12 AM

In the final moments of The Walking Dead‘s first season, suicidal CDC scientist Jenner whispered something to our hero, Rick. But what?! That’s the $1 million question? — and, at Friday’s PaleyFest ’11 panel honoring the AMC smash, we got exec producer Robert Kirkman to answer it!
“Jenner said, ‘I’ll miss you,’” he deadpanned to TVLine before letting out a loud cackle, thus revealing the spoiler to be a (sigh) foiler.

All kidding aside, Kirkman told us that the much-buzzed-about mystery would not be torturing fans for much longer. “That’s definitely something we’re going to be dealing with in the second season,” he said. “It’s not a tease that we want to go on too long, so we’ll definitely kind of wrap that up in this season.”

WHAT DID HE WHISPER TO HIM?

He told him his test came up positive for the zombie virus. He is a carrier but did not become infected – so he may be useful in finding a cure.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv...l#ixzz1bEVURJy1

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 9:43 AM

I'm confused on that last part, was that supposition or the actual spoiler. I only ask because it's not in quotes like the comments from Kirkman

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 10:20 AM

There looked to be some kind of Farmer's Daughter snippet from the previews.

Yeah, I definitely thought I saw who I assume to be Maggie hugging Glenn, which is consistent with the comics.

I don't remember reading/hearing this. I do remember them saying that Merle doesn't become the Governor, because a lot of people were speculating that.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 11:07 AM

I do remember them saying that Merle doesn't become the Governor, because a lot of people were speculating that.

Yeah, I don't believe TPTB ever said that the Governor would never be seen, but that the speculation of Merle being the Governor was wrong.

Fix the Minnow

Fix the Minnow

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 9:59 PM

Regarding the doctor's whispered message to Rick, I think there are three choices. (And, no, I have not read "Walking Dead."

I think the message is either that there's a safe zone, that they are all doomed, or that Lori is pregnant. The latter would explain the look of utter shock on Rick's face when the doctor whispered in his ear. Imagine bringing a baby into that world. Of course "you're all doomed" would also explain the look.

I enjoyed how Rick was about to reveal the secret on the walkie-talkie, but then decided to not reveal it. That leads me to believe the missus is with child.

Vaya

Vaya

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2011 @ 7:06 AM

He told him his test came up positive for the zombie virus. He is a carrier but did not become infected – so he may be useful in finding a cure.

Weird, I just watched the first two episodes of Jeremiah and there's a whole thing like that.

I don't know how that jives with the comic, But This webcomic has a similar plot point

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2011 @ 4:05 PM

Weird, I just watched the first two episodes of Jeremiah and there's a whole thing like that.

That's also a main plot point of 28 Weeks Later--a woman is found that carries the virus but isn't infected.

Regarding the doctor's whispered message to Rick, I think there are three choices. (And, no, I have not read "Walking Dead."

I think the message is either that there's a safe zone, that they are all doomed, or that Lori is pregnant. The latter would explain the look of utter shock on Rick's face when the doctor whispered in his ear. Imagine bringing a baby into that world. Of course "you're all doomed" would also explain the look.

I enjoyed how Rick was about to reveal the secret on the walkie-talkie, but then decided to not reveal it. That leads me to believe the missus is with child.

Well, in the comic two of those three are true. The survivors find out that they all carry the infection, and will become zombies when they die, no matter how that happens. Lori is also pregnant. I'm interested to see which of these (if not both) are carried into the plot for the series.

Don Lamb

Don Lamb

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 12:12 PM

I think Jenner told Rick they're all carriers.

Edited by Don Lamb, Oct 21, 2011 @ 4:28 PM.

Katydid73

Katydid73

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 3:50 PM

That is a good possibility, Don Lamb! We haven't seen anyone die of anything other than a zombie bite, right?

LetsGoPens

LetsGoPens

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 4:25 PM

I was hoping that's what they'd follow until I saw all of those dead people in the cars.

Although I did wonder how the hell they died. They just sat there and starved to death? But there was no obvious sign of head trauma to any of them.

Lillywhite

Lillywhite

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 9:45 PM

Here's a sneak peek for episode 3: Link

I love it. Aside from the Daryl awesomeness, we get to see a fella who apparently hanged himself and still turned. So I guess they are following that storyline that everyone is infected and they'll all turn even if they die of natural causes.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:13 PM

And the awesomeness of Daryl continues. And, yay for more Daryl/Andrea scenes.

Elais

Elais

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:22 PM

For many episodes? That sounds to me like they are planning to practically spend the whole season on Hershel's farm. I had really hoped to get a bit more forward momentum going this year, not the glacially slow story development again that we had last year. This just sounds like many, many long talks and indoor scenes and needless drama without any real action. *sigh*

I would not be surprised if this season is all about the Farm. I can't see how they would zip through the Herschel's Farm plot and then manage to get through the Prison storyline in 13 episodes.

Edited by Elais, Oct 23, 2011 @ 10:23 PM.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 11:46 PM

we get to see a fella who apparently hanged himself and still turned. So I guess they are following that storyline that everyone is infected and they'll all turn even if they die of natural causes.

What if he was bitten, knew he was going to die and hung himself - not knowing it wasn't going to do the trick.

Lillywhite

Lillywhite

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 11:56 PM

That makes more sense :)

Vaya

Vaya

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 7:46 AM

Or maybe he hung himself, did a poor job of it and it was taking awhile and a walker happened by and munched on him.

That would suck.

And yes, more awesome Darryl.

Don Lamb

Don Lamb

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 9:02 AM

Or maybe, like in the comics, dead people come back as Walkers.

Katydid73

Katydid73

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 12:51 PM

The preview has me VERY excited about next week! I really hope anyone who dies comes back as a Walker. Would really send everyone into a tailspin.

Peanut03

Peanut03

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 3:38 PM

I'm thinking that the suggestion that Jenner told Rick that he was carrying the infection may have proven wrong in last night's eppie. Rick donated blood to Carl. Surely we would have seen some kind of anguish for Rick over this if he is indeed a carrier (he'd hardly want to infect his son). At the very least, he would have checked if anyone else had Carl's blood type or shown some kind of resistance to using his blood in his child. So I think that theory/suggestion has been ruled out now.