The Lying Game

• Please log in to reply

1190 replies to this topic

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 12:30 PM

I'm disappointed, but hardly surprised.  I had pretty much resigned myself to this a while ago. 

I'm mostly bummed that it ended with the BS retcon (or at least horribly inconsistently lead up) that Thayer was the murderer.  I guess the one good part is that the show will never contradict my theory that he had the weapon because he found it in the Mercer's home and thought he was protecting Emma when in fact someone was framing a member of the family or, my personal favorite, Super Girl did it and has been playing everyone all along.  Thayer freakout explained by realizing he went out on that limb for a girl who prefers dating boring tools with no emotional range and a decision making disorder.

Edited by RachelKM, Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:46 PM.

pivot

pivot

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:16 PM

Man, that is such a bummer. I really liked this show. ABC Family really treated it horribly. Had they not delayed the second season so long it may have picked up steam. Oh, well. I hope that Alexandra ends up in something else soon. I thought she was great in these two roles.

RubyRose

RubyRose

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:16 PM

I'm disappointed, but hardly surprised.  I had pretty much resigned myself to this a while ago. 

I'm mostly bummed that it ended with the BS retcon (or at least horribly inconsistently lead up) that Thayer was the murder.

Feel the same way.  Thayer was my favourite and I couldn't see why Emma would go back to the tool who slept with her twin and then tried to make her feel like a jerk for moving on.  I think part of the reason it didn't work is that it almost didn't seem dark or mysterious enough for the way they tried to sell it.  I kept forgetting that we were suppose to care about the murder of a C character with no real emotional ties to anyone.  Without reading the books, but knowing the basic premise, they should have stayed closer to their source material 

Spoiler

Edited by RubyRose, Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:17 PM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Feel the same way.  Thayer was my favourite and I couldn't see why Emma would go back to the tool who slept with her twin and then tried to make her feel like a jerk for moving on.  I think part of the reason it didn't work is that it almost didn't seem dark or mysterious enough for the way they tried to sell it.  I kept forgetting that we were suppose to care about the murder of a C character with no real emotional ties to anyone.  Without reading the books, but knowing the basic premise, they should have stayed closer to their source material

Part of the reason why is the lack of build up, the most we got was aggressive jogging with suspicious glances.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:36 PM

Thayer was my favorite too, and I couldn't stand the waffler who just jumped between both sisters. Hated that the show ends with Thayer looking to be the evil guy.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 2:28 PM

Thayer was my favorite too, and I couldn't stand the waffler who just jumped between both sisters. Hated that the show ends with Thayer looking to be the evil guy.

Next season probably would've been a triangle with both sisters again as his brother and Alec would've been off the show either way.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 11:02 PM

I'm not surprised either but I'm bummed to no longer get my Charisma Carpenter fix.

Super Girl did it and has been playing everyone all along.

That's who did it and I'm sticking to it.

BigDfromLA

BigDfromLA

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 1:20 AM

What a shame that the show is cancelled. Can't they do a 2-hour movie to wrap up the story? I never liked Thayer...he was always such a whiney weasel. The actress who plays Sutton/Emma is outstanding. I don't get it. Even if they keep Twisted and The Fosters, they should have enough room to keep Lying Game, especially with Secret Life and Make It Or Break It now gone. 

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 4:42 AM

I, too, am disappointed but not surprised, especially after they waited so long to announce it. If they were going to renew the show, I thought they'd do it sooner. I wish they hadn't made such a mess of everything at the end of the season so that we could have had more answers/closure.

LemonLime

LemonLime

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 5:12 AM

Well, that sucks. Guess I'll read the books then. I hope Alexandra Chando turns up on another show soon, I like her.

Raid Maze

Raid Maze

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 7:09 AM

I wonder if showrunners will at least put their plans out on the net.

lipgloss

lipgloss

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 7:22 AM

I'm sad its gone, but in some ways glad its happened before going any further down the Thayer did it route.

Baskingsharkgtx

Baskingsharkgtx

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 12:08 PM

Oh man, I am so annoyed about this! This show was an hour of total sun-drenched batsh*t insanity and I am really going to miss it. I so desperately wanted to see the continuation of that scene where Kristen was all "ooooooh, I feel that all of you are keeping secrets from me!" (You don't know the half of it, lady...) and Ted was all "OK, honey, I'm going to tell you everything..." and then they got interrupted by Alec's body plunging through the ceiling. What the hell was he going to say;

"Well, Kristen, it's like this; see, our adopted daughter was actually twins and I'm actually their bio dad, and Rebecca's the bio-mom and Alec helped us cover that up and got the other one adopted out, but they found each other on the internet and switched places to try and find who their real mother was, so when our daughter's not being a bitch - surprise, that's her twin sister pretending to be her! Oh yeah, and our Sutton, the bitchy one, actually found out who their mother was way before she let on to anyone, even Emma (that's the other one) and she and Rebecca were working together to try and break up our marriage because Rebecca's kind of deranged and had some twisted fantasy that she and I and our two daughters would get together and be a big happy family. Oh yeah, and along the way I accidentally killed the mother of our other daughter's ex-boyfriend who only came to town and started dating her to get revenge on me, but y'know, he went away so no harm no foul there. Oh, and also, somehow or other, Derek got killed and so did Ethan's brother's fiancee and people thought I might've done it because Derek was blackmailing me because he knew about the whole twin thing."

Kristen: "You expect me to believe all that? If I wasn't divorcing you before, I'm totally divorcing your ass now."

RIP Lying Game, I will miss you!

whereismycastle

whereismycastle

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2013 @ 10:02 PM

Well in addition to the tv show being cancelled, Sara Shepherd just released the last book of the Lying Game series (funny, since we couldn't pay her to STOP writing Pretty Little Liars and introducing more A's).  In the final book

Spoiler

This pretty much fits with my theory on page 38, except replace Ethan with Thayer, which the show seemed to do from the beginning.

In this day and age, there has got to be some way for showrunners and writers to tell us how things were going to end when a show was abruptly cancelled.  I wish I could pull a Sheldon Cooper and track down a writer over the phone and ask.

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2013 @ 5:32 PM

Dammit, now I downloaded the books just to read more about that.  I also hope we see a lot more of Alexandra Chando

ukgirl

ukgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

Just came to the thread to see when this re starts. Cant belive its been cancelled as it was a pretty good show, i just hope somewere online some ones lets us know what was going to happen.

ElleBee

ElleBee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2013 @ 4:21 PM

Blair Redford is appearing in Monday night's Beauty and the Beast. I'm not sure if it's just for an episode or a multi-arc, but it'll be fun seeing him again!

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/beauty-and-the-beast:-blair-redford-makes-his-debut-exclusive-sneak-peek/2793709123001

pivot

pivot

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2013 @ 12:28 AM

The Lying Game season 2 is finally coming to Netflix on 1/8. Yeah! I wish we would have gotten closure on this series though.

And I was hoping to find that ABC Family just signed Alexandra Chando to another series with Charisma playing her mother. I thought she was one of the best actresses on that channel and she looks just like Charisma.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 12:02 AM

Allie Gonino is going to be on The Red Road which airs in March on Sundance

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2014 @ 6:27 AM

Alexandra Chando guest starred on last week's episode of Castle playing a Miley Cyrus-esque former child star named Mandy Sutton (ha!). She played the character as very Sutton-esque.

FineWashables

FineWashables

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 2:12 PM

Damn, I really miss this show.  They cancelled this for Ravenswood??  Yeah, that worked out well.