Dan Weaver: Adama Who?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2 replies to this topic

distantWatcher

distantWatcher

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:39 PM

Captain Dan Weaver, commander of the 2nd Mass, retired reserve military officer who served with Porter during the Gulf War: He does not like civilians, and he made his mission in life to make Anne the Laura Roslin of this ongoing argument!

However, he does have a soft spot for Jimmy, his younger soldier, serving both as commanding officer and father figure for him at times, although he has a dark past because he couldn't save his own family, so far he's been able to deliver a child, receive Maggie among his fighters and get Pope to work for him.

Likes include kill skitters, repress mutiny and argue with Maggie. Dislikes: pray with Lourdes and abandon his old house.

Edited by distantWatcher, Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:40 PM.

Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2011 @ 12:03 PM

Honestly if not for the fact that this character is played by Will Patton, I would not have much use for the character at all. Patton takes these silly plot lines and makes them work. His understated performance always intrigues me because Patton brings so much more to the character than is suggested by his actual actions. Yes we have to go thru sledgehammer-over-the-head (like, SURPRISE, he can deal with breach babies) moments to show us what a decent fellow he is under the gruff exterior. But they are really not necessary. Patton brings a depth to his character every moment he is on screen, no matter what he is doing. I like Weaver because of Patton.

So there. An honest to goodness compliment, no rant required!

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Aug 16, 2011 @ 5:05 PM

I'm inclined to agree - while Weaver's lines tend to be as awful as everyone else's (not his fault, I gather), Patton makes this role watchable. So kudos to him.