Dr. Anne Glass: Degrees in Saving Harnessed Kids and Looking Good During an Alien Invasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:19 PM

Creating a thread for Anne, the pediatrician turn doctor for the 2nd Mass. She apparently had a child that she thinks is dead. She has an attraction to Tom, seems to be a caretaker of some kind for Lourdes, and is learning how to shoot guns under the watchful eye of Maggie. She's accomplished a decent amount of stuff like saving a bunch of harnessed kids (although losing one), discovering a Skitter weakness by shoving her arm in it's throat, doing a biopsy on a Skitter and learning about their origin, getting smacked in the face with a gun and only getting a bruised lip (impressive!), and not letting Tom's beard get in the way of some good old kissing. But the big mystery I want to know is how does she look cleaner then everyone else? Hogging all the water? Dirt can't handle the hotness?

Kidding aside, I do like her, and I wonder what will be in store for her next season. And I'm just glad that Moon Bloodgood is on a sci-fi show that made it to a second season (RIP Journeyman and Day Break.)

Edited by thuganomics85, Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:21 PM.

distantWatcher

distantWatcher

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:30 PM

Kidding aside, I do like her, and I wonder what will be in store for her next season. And I'm just glad that Moon Bloodgood is on a sci-fi show that made it to a second season (RIP Journeyman and Day Break.)

I couldn't agree more. Here's hoping to see more of Anne - and her relationship with Tom - in the future.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

Triple-agreed. I first became aware of Moon from Journeyman, then caught Day Break later (way after its cancellation). She's actually one of the few things about Falling Skies that I think contributes to the show (in addition to the aliens). And I am also happy to see her get a second season for a change!

I like her character, and look forward to getting more out of her story.

Edited by Make It So, Aug 15, 2011 @ 3:35 PM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:44 PM

Daybreak! Thats where I know her from? :shakes fist at sky: I liked that show!

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 2:16 PM

Don't forget that Doctor Anne has to wash A LOT to maintain some semblance of sterile technique for her procedures. Surely rubbing alcohol will run out some year soon. If she's lathering up her hands, she might as well take a quick pass over her face to contain the spread of germs when she's up close and personal with her patients. And if that bucket of water is nearby, why not add shampoo and conditioner for that refreshing post-apocalyptic slo-mo head shake.

Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 14, 2011 @ 10:54 AM

"Here's hoping to see more of Anne"

Doing my best Groucho impersonation "I'd like to see more of her too!"

LEBWC98

LEBWC98

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 3:03 PM

She apparently had a child that she thinks is dead.

I read an interview where Moon gave Anne's entire backstory...which is good because, as she had probably figured out, we weren't gonna get it from the writers. Grrr...

Here's hoping to see more of Anne - and her relationship with Tom - in the future.

I squealed during that scene in the finale...and yes, I am twelve.

I first became aware of Moon from Journeyman, then caught Daybreak later (way after its cancellation).

I first saw her in Terminator: Salvation (my DVD may wear out between now and next summer), and Wikipedia has informed me that she also did a season (or several episodes in a season) of Burn Notice. I never saw Journeyman nor Day Break.

She's actually one of the few things about Falling Skies that I think contributes to the show (in addition to the aliens).

Yeah...at this point, I'm coming back next season for her, and the aliens, and to watch Ben slowly yet inexorably turn into a Skitter.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 4:50 PM

Wikipedia has informed me that she also did a season (or several episodes in a season) of Burn Notice.

Yeah, but even as a fan of hers, she really wasn't very good on that show at all. She played Detective Paxton, someone who was trying to bring down Michael, but she just came off bland, awkward, and I couldn't buy her as anything close to a threat for Michael.

Thankfully, I think she's much better here. She actually makes me like and care for Anne, despite some admittedly spotty writing and cliches. I do hope she continues to practice with the guns; I don't want her to suddenly be as badass as Maggie, but I hope she eventually can defend herself as well as the majority of the fighters in the 2nd Mass.

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 8:06 PM

I do hope she continues to practice with the guns

**Paging Doctor Annie Oakley to the chem lab STAT!**