The Chew: We'll Trade You Erica Kane for Mario Batali & His Crocs

• Please log in to reply

1343 replies to this topic

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

I enjoyed watching Annie Potts on today. She's a hoot. I didn't realize how short she is. She doesn't come across that way on GCB to me. I'll have to pay attention to camera angles and so on.

bataviaduo

bataviaduo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

Disappointed that we are in reruns all week.

dog3mom

dog3mom

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

it has been renewed!

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:31 PM

I'm glad. I like this show.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

That is good news. I read that The Revolution was cancelled and I got worried for a minute. This show is good. It's entertaining and it grows on you.

Haveahabit

Haveahabit

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

Oh, that's such good news. The show has really found its footing and it appears that the hosts have all become real life friends. It would have been so awful to break up the party.

ETA: Hey, now that The Revolution's been cancelled, wouldn't it be nice if they gave The Chew a second hour?

Edited by Haveahabit, Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:55 PM.

culturevulture73

culturevulture73

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

I'd rather, since The Revolution has been cancelled, have Tim Gunn visit The Chew...

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

Speaking of Tim Gunn...much as I love this show and adore Clinton, the inclusion of fashion makeovers is just plain odd. Clearly they want to exploit Clinton's knowledge and experience, but maybe they should frame those segments in terms of "this is what you might wear to a casual dinner, a formal wedding, a business dinner, a work-to-dinner outfit" instead of "here's how to update your look." It would just fit better that way in a cooking/entertaining show; right now it seems like something they're including because they have someone on board who knows what he's talking about, and fits about as well as a Michael Symon segment on tattooing would.

Love the show either way, and the progress they've made from their train-wreck debut is astounding. This show has gone from nearly unwatchable to must-see.

Edited by designing1, Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:03 AM.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

I'm bummed about the reruns too. I really missed this show this week. Hope they are back next week with new shows.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

My on-line guide shows a new show on Monday. Yeah!

bataviaduo

bataviaduo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

Yes! New show today and I am watching it now.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

I love these guys so much! Clinton looks so good, tan and healthy. He seems to have lost his 'Chew baby' while on vacation. I'd love to see his boyfriend!

Harry24

Harry24

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:56 AM

Clinton looks so good, tan and healthy. He seems to have lost his 'Chew baby' while on vacation. I'd love to see his boyfriend!

I'm pretty sure they're married. Doesn't Clinton wear a wedding ring?

ellyd

ellyd

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:02 AM

Clinton married his partner, Damon, in 2009.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:46 AM

Yes, I just looked Clinton up and he is married BUT I can't find any pictures of them . Yesterdays show was interesting, but I had to roll my eyes at Daphne announcing she and her hubby are moving back to mommy and daddy Oz's to save. PUUULEEZE!

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

but I had to roll my eyes at Daphne announcing she and her hubby are moving back to mommy and daddy Oz's to save. PUUULEEZE!

Are you kidding me?? I'm sure Daphne is making a nice chunk of money from being on the show and her hubby has a good job given an Ivy League education.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

OMG. I like them all. She had to grow on me but how pathetic. Really?

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

Her excuse was her husband wants to continue his education (tuition expenses) plus now they're renting a place and want to save so they can buy a place in a couple of years. I can only assume no modest starter home will do; I'm sure she's talking pricey Manhattan digs.

When she said she had an announcement my mind went straight to "pregnant." The moving home bit had me, like Kodiboku, saying "Really?"

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:40 PM

Even if they choose to go the modest route and purchase a smaller starter home, the price tag in NYC or NJ ( I believe that is where the Oz family house is ) comes at a huge cost in comparison to other areas.

culturevulture73

culturevulture73

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

When she said she had an announcement my mind went straight to "pregnant." The moving home bit had me, like Kodiboku, saying "Really?"

Same with me. I was falling asleep watching then woke up for the "big announcement." It is just...odd. So, what, they're not paying her enough on The Chew? What's her husband going back to school for? Is he going into medicine? Is this just an ABC cash in on a demographic trend? Will she write another book? The whole thing was just odd...

And I kept wondering last week when none of the repeats featured Mario if that was a sign...so I guess I've never stopped being an X-Files fan at heart.

So, the girl yesterday with the auction - that whole setup was odd too. The show seemed to be on a groove but this week has been way weird.

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

Even if they choose to go the modest route and purchase a smaller starter home, the price tag in NYC or NJ ( I believe that is where the Oz family house is ) comes at a huge cost in comparison to other areas.

Being a NYer, I'm well aware of that. There are plenty of fine houses in excellent neighborhoods -- especially in the current real estate market -- that are affordable to people with regular jobs, much less to someone with her income. (Her husband is an investment analyst -- I Googled.) They may not be able to move directly into Daddy's neighborhood in NJ, but how many people in their early 20s can afford what their parents have earned over decades?

Nothing wrong with their decision; it's just odd, considering it certainly seems they should have other options. culturevulture73, I think you may be right about this being the subject of a forthcoming book.

dog3mom

dog3mom

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

is the announcement really worth telling the audience? Does any other show host make a
big deal out of where they live?

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

I don't understand why she announced it either.

It kinda got me when she said she's part of the trend...people her age moving back home. That's because of the economy and job market and I'm sorry she does not fit into that "trend". Oh well.

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

My guess would be Daphne and hubby may be interested in living and raising family on the west coast so that is why they are headed there. School loans can be high so living with her parents for a while on what I'm sure is a good sized piece of property -there probably is a nice sized guest house that they will use - makes sense plus I am thinking "pregnant or soon to be" as well. She"s tried the TV gig, seen how hectic it can be, and is lucky enough to be able to walk away from it for a while so good for her! And I'll bet she'll be putting a second book out.

Edited - is she leaving the show or not? If she's living in California she's not commuting to NzyC, right? I assumed she announced the move to let people know why she won't be on the show any more at some future date that coincides with the move.

Edited by CathinAZ, Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:00 PM.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

I'm with you dog3mom, what was the big deal on making an announcment? I like, (have grown to like) Daphne, but that just made me go, "Huh?" Oh well, this show is still the last one I watch of my daytime recordings in the evening, MEANING the best is saved for last.

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

Edited - is she leaving the show or not? If she's living in California she's not commuting to NzyC, right? I assumed she announced the move to let people know why she won't be on the show any more at some future date that coincides with the move.

She said she's moving back to New Jersey, which is where her family lives. Dr. Oz's show tapes in NY, as does The Chew.

ilalum89

ilalum89

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

If we could only be that lucky that she moves to California and leaves the show and an actual nutritionist with a personality and knowledge of cooking joins the show.

I thought that whole "announcement" thing was really odd, what was the purpose? Were we supposed to feel bad for her that she and her husband can't make their income, which I'm sure is in the healthy six figures support a household and a spouse that might want to return to school? And why did she make such a big drama out of it? I think whoever mentioned an upcoming book might be on the right track. She doesn't know anything about nutrition or cooking and is on a cooking show as a nutrition expert, why not a book on how she had to move back home after she graduated to save money when that isn't really the case either?

My theory was she ran out of useless nutrition facts to randomly insert so she's moving back in with her dad so he can refill the list.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Not sure why Daphne had to announce it, and dramatically at that. But I get her husband going back to school and wanting a home and a child, is very expensive. I imagine they will live very comfortably at Dr Oz's and have their own space. I really don't see a problem.

Loved that Mario's boys were there today and they didn't make a big deal about it.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

MEANING the best is saved for last.

I agree! I love this show.

I imagine they will live very comfortably at Dr Oz's

LOL. Daddy's little girl. Aw. I see no problem with it either (but there goes their sex life. lol) but I see a problem with her line of reasoning and putting herself out there with the masses. That's all.

BTW I'm making her macaroni stuffed poblanos today.

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Designing1
Geez, thanks for clarifying. You can see how I half listen to the show and concentrate on only topics or Recipies I'm interested in. I thought the move was to the west coast. So she's just moving across the river to new jersey...big deal.

I don't see anything wrong with moving in with family if everyone gets along and there is room....and I'm sure dr. Oz's house has lots of room, of not even a separate guest house, and they be comfortable. Its indeed a great way to save money! Their lease is probably up and the timing worked out for them.

Edited by CathinAZ, Apr 21, 2012 @ 10:26 PM.