Big Brother Editing: That Racist/Homophobe/Douchebag Is Getting A Hero's Edit!

• Please log in to reply

299 replies to this topic

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

She's the only HOH winner who didn't even get a "Who wants to see my HOH room?!" segment. Actually, is she the first HOH winner to not get that segment?

That was even unfair by Big Brother standards.

IMO, they balanced it by not outing what she did with the Benefiber on national TV. They gave her a huge pass.

Rusun

Rusun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 6:38 PM

Pardon? Nobody got sick from it. Every HoH has had his/her room shown until Porsche. No excuses.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Pardon? Nobody got sick from it. Every HoH has had his/her room shown until Porsche. No excuses

Regarding no one being injured, look up on YouTube Jordan's interview, by Aquariusbaby18, about the 4 minute mark. IMO, she was definitely getting Benefiber, but they don't talk about diarrhea, gas, stomach rumbling & abdominal pain on the TV show. I was say Jordan was hurt by it, if temporarily. What she decribes is symptoms of too much fiber.
They never do the HOH room show for the fast forward/double elimination weeks. They get only a basket in the supply room, so there is a history of BB "excuses".
Jordan backyard interview

Edited by Thumper82003, Sep 17, 2011 @ 9:11 PM.

BearPaw25

BearPaw25

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

I thought Jordan was getting ill because she was on the slop itself and production had told Porsche to throw it out(or they did it) before anyone could consume it.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 11:02 PM

I thought Jordan was getting ill because she was on the slop itself and production had told Porsche to throw it out(or they did it) before anyone could consume it.

Jordan was not tolerating the slop, so was using the Muscle Milk instead. This was her second week as a "have not". BB did not make Porsche throw out the MM until a live feeder reported it. BB was not looking at what Porsche was doing, so it could (and IMO, did) have happened before. Those symptoms Jordan had are not what too much Muscle Milk does, but are what too much Benefiber does.

Gladys4351

Gladys4351

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 9:37 AM

I'm not a fan of Porsche by any means, but I don't think she necessarily meant to harm anyone. It was just a stupid, juvenile prank. However, possibly Jordan found out and that may have had some bearing on why she felt about Porsche the way she did.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 10:45 AM

IMO, they balanced it by not outing what she did with the Benefiber on national TV. They gave her a huge pass.

They don't normally show anything like that though. They didn't show Lydia threatening to put red M&Ms is something Michele ate because she's allergic to red dye, they don't show it when people eat other things when they're on slop, etc. They normally don't show any food-related stuff unless it is well known and becomes a point in the house. But, they have always shown the HOH room reveal. I believe every single HOH had had a segment with their room on the show.

They never do the HOH room show for the fast forward/double elimination weeks.

That's not true. In the DE week, the person that wins the HOH during the live show does not get the room. But, the person that wins HOH afterwards does get the room and all the stuff that goes with that.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Sep 18, 2011 @ 10:47 AM.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 11:51 AM

I'm not a fan of Porsche by any means, but I don't think she necessarily meant to harm anyone. It was just a stupid, juvenile prank.

Last time I'll post on this subject. Yes it is a juvenile prank, but it is a prank that got at least 3 sets of teens arrested for assault (& expelled) in NY, LA & NC when they "senior pranked" their teachers. It may seem like a prank, but the cops treat it as a crime. BB may treat it as prank, but if others do it, they may not be as lucky.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 12:31 PM

BB has let people get away with much more serious "if this was real life, you'd be arrested" type stuff before, so that didn't even make a blip on my radar.

Jessica02

Jessica02

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 2:01 PM

In the DE week, the person that wins the HOH during the live show does not get the room. But, the person that wins HOH afterwards does get the room and all the stuff that goes with that.

Yeah, they usually show it, but I also don't think there has ever been a huge blowout right before the DE that even the live feeders did not get to see. Sucks for Porshe, but frankly IMO, what was actually shown in the episode was far more important in explaining to the viewers what happened in the house than watching her say "Who wants to see my HOH room" and seeing the others walk up there and pretend like they care for a few minutes. I always find those segments utterly useless. IIRC, they had to show reactions to the DE, the J/S/A blowup, the HOH competition, and the Pandora's box twist. I don't even remember them fitting nominations in that episode. I don't see as a slight against Porshe that it wasn't shown, in the sense that I think the same would've happen regardless of who the HOH was. There just wasn't time.

Edited by Jessica02, Sep 18, 2011 @ 2:02 PM.

BigRedCheese

BigRedCheese

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 2:49 PM

If benefiber is really as dangerous as some here make it out to be, then it shouldn't be made readily available as part of the cooking supplies in the house.

it is a prank that got at least 3 sets of teens arrested for assault (& expelled) in NY, LA & NC when they "senior pranked" their teachers.

Teens have also been arrested for singing their order into a McDonalds drive through, for prank calls, and for any number of harmless pranks. Usually by an adult trying to make a point, it doesn't necessarily imply anything particularly serious.

Edited by BigRedCheese, Sep 18, 2011 @ 2:53 PM.

BearPaw25

BearPaw25

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 6:53 PM

However, possibly Jordan found out and that may have had some bearing on why she felt about Porsche the way she did.

As far as I know Jordan didn't find out until after the show finished when they were doing interviews.

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

Thought the editing on the whole Willie situation was a little off as to why everyone was mad at him. They left out of lot of stuff with Frank that would have helped explain everyone changing their minds 50 times, though you can't really blame them since they played a month worth of BB in a week. Then before the headbutt, the editing didn't do Brit any favors either.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 11:39 PM

I really wonder what the editing will be like in order to make Aaryn not look like a racist bitch.

Edited to add: Damn. Aaryn's little pep talk to David is going to make the show. And I'd bet anything her racist little comments won't.

Edited by MethodActor05, Jul 2, 2013 @ 12:51 AM.

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 9:36 AM

I was waiting to see the answer to that as well.  What are they going to show of Aaryn.  She's awful! I'm going to give it another two episodes to see what kind of edit she's getting, but they are running out of material if they don't show her being racist.

bobbyjoe

bobbyjoe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 10:08 AM

I really wonder what the editing will be like in order to make Aaryn not look like a racist bitch.

Yeah, and GinaMarie, too.  This is WAAAAY out f hand this year wiith several of the houseguests and if BB leaves it totally out of the edits, it's unforgivable. Where did they cast this season of BB?  At a Neo-Nazi rally?

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

Apparently TPTB have already said they won't air any of that because they don't wanna air hate speech or something. I have no idea what they're even going to air of Aaryn or GM since they're almost constantly awful.

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 4:14 PM

They could air it and bleep them. At least that would give viewers an idea of what these people are like.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 2:19 AM

Or air the rice-making comments that were directed at Helen, or the comments about Candice smelling up the bed because she is black. LIttle bleeping required, and the racism comes through loud and clear. The abusive comments directed at the women would be a lot harder to air and still be intelligible after bleeping.

At least Aaryn came off as a jerk during her conversation with David. Only for a tiny percentage of why she's a repellant louse, but still. 

Poetist

Poetist

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 3:37 AM

Yes, I think they should air the comment by Aaryn, because without the internet, I would have never known of her racist comments. She is such a pretty girl; I can see how she can win over, unsuspecting audiences by her looks.

They really need to show the moments in which she stated those remarks; the backlash would be a great punishment for her.

LADreamr

LADreamr

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 11:21 AM

Her modeling agency just dumped her over the comments, so at least there is some consequence.  I just hope some people in the house call her on it, too.

jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

Her modeling agency just dumped her over the comments, so at least there is some consequence. I just hope some people in the house call her on it, too.

She doesn't hang out with anybody who would.

I do think they all got reprimanded as a group last evening by TPTB/CBS. They've all been discussing it a little, and they've all toned down their comments since then.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 11:32 PM

I'm taking some kind of solace in the fact that Aaryn and Jeremy are clearly getting an villain's edit, even with the white-washing of their comments.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

I'm taking some kind of solace in the fact that Aaryn and Jeremy are clearly getting an villain's edit, even with the white-washing of their comments.

They don't need help to get more "white."

Sorry, but your post made me laugh with the irony. Seriously, tho, I don't think they need much of an edit to be villains,

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 6:33 PM

Yes, I think they should air the comment by Aaryn, because without the internet, I would have never known of her racist comments. She is such a pretty girl; I can see how she can win over, unsuspecting audiences by her looks.

On another board I've seen reportage on just how many racist remarks have been made, and by how many of the cast.

As much as I'd like to see KKK Aaryn outted (and think she should be), I'm thinking if they DO show her comment, then CBS may feel like they're opening themselves to some kind of lawsuit for not equally airing all of the other racist, deeply sexist/misogynistic and homophobic remarks from other cast members as well. As it stands, the people those remarks are being aimed at may have lawsuits, but both sides may feel they do if only SOME of the mess is dredged up on air.

bobbyjoe

bobbyjoe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2013 @ 12:05 PM

As it stands, the people those remarks are being aimed at may have lawsuits, but both sides may feel they do if only SOME of the mess is dredged up on air.

That's an interesting question here-- there's all these countless examples-- on film-- of a sustained hostile racist environment that definitely does impact the chances of the minority castmembers to have a fair shot at winning BB and the substantial prize money. 

Whatever contracts the contestants have, a company can't contractually avoid being the subject of a racial discrimination lawsuit, and if CBS and BB didn't do enough to protect the minorities here (as it's obvious they haven't), I'd say they've potentially opened themselves up for a major lawsuit.  It'll be interesting to see what reaction minority castmembers have once they're eliminated and get to see the full extent of what was going on this season.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 8:44 PM

OK, I just have to say it. That was the most bullshit way possible for them to address all of the hateful crap said in the house. They put it almost all on Aaryn, with one blink and you missed it comment by Gina Marie, they had several HGs give PC diary rooms about how offended they were, and not one word about all the other shit said about Andy and the women by Spencer or Jeremy, who got off scott free. Basically, CBS said "oh, all right, enough people rose a stink so we'll give you your little segment. Now shut up and start voting for Spencer or Nick to win MVP!" It was just extremely unsatisfying. Although I guess it's still more than I thought they'd show.

Edited by katesus7, Jul 7, 2013 @ 8:45 PM.

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 8:45 PM

Allison Grodner continues to give men passes and good edits, while vilifying women. So far the only racist/offensive comments ever aired on BB has been from women only. Yet men like Boogie, Dick, Frank, Jeff, Spencer and Jeremy are given passes. 

The more douchey they are, the more Allison loves them and makes them her favorite. There's something seriously wrong with her. 

I'll hold my breath and wait for her to give a douchebag an accurate edit. 

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 8:50 PM

Allison Grodner continues to give men passes and good edits, while vilifying women. So far the only racist/offensive comments ever aired on BB has been from women only. Yet men like Boogie, Dick, Frank, Jeff, Spencer and Jeremy are given passes. 

Wow, you are completely right. I mean I knew this, but to see it written out made me think back on what comments have been shown and I don't think a man's ever have. Except Braeden's, but it was framed to make Chima look bad.

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 8:54 PM

We've had Erika's disgusting comments about Koreans, Chima's racially charged remark about Russell terrorizing everybody (which was shown to portray her as an hypocrite for calling Braden out as a racist on live broadcast) and now GM, Kaitlin and Aaryn. 

But of course CBS doesn't air offensive comments, I guess unless they are said by women.