19-9: 2011.07.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

133 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 1:40 AM

From ABCMediaNet:

Romantic adventures await Ashley and the final three bachelors - Ben F., Constantine and J.P. - as they travel to the tropical heaven of Fiji and the possibility of intimate overnight dates. There's electricity and passion in the air during these sand & surf excursions, as Ashley continues to explore what her future would be like with each one of these potential partners, and is faced with extending an invitation to each bachelor to spend the night in a "fantasy suite." However, one man - in a shocking return - asks Ashley to give him another chance to win her heart. But there is nothing that can prepare Ashley for the startling disclosure that Constantine makes, as her rollercoaster ride in search of a happy ending continues.

Kerri Johnson

Kerri Johnson

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

Did Ashley really say JP looks like a model? Really?

nopqrs2011

nopqrs2011

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

And another person walks out.
I haven't seen the previous seasons of the bachelor/bachelorette so does anyone know if this many people have eliminated themselves in a single season before?

No respect for the way she told JP that it was also partly her decision to let Constantine go. Total outright lie.

What she was saying after Constantine left was kind of what Ryan was saying when she kicked him off – like she hadn't been given a chance. Kind of ironic.
Also didn't like the way she keeping him hanging several days only to tell him nope. Plus her saying that sending him home had been hard when she had done it so callously.

Bottom lines for this episode for me:

Respect to Constantine for not carrying on when he wasn't feeling it.
Congratulations Ryan for dodging the bullet twice.
Returning to JPs room soap opera style ("I'm going to change") in only a see through shirt and lingerie crossed the line into tacky for me.
Oh man the commentaries and conversations were boooooriiiing.
Ashley lying about how Constantine left used up whatever residual sympathy I had for her.

Just my two cents obviously.

Edited by nopqrs2011, Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:28 PM.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:18 PM

I enjoyed Ashley's line to JP to the effect of, "Don't worry about my relationship with someone else, just focus on us." Straight out of the polygamist's handbook.

The producers needs to stop influencing dumpees/quitters to come back onto the show. Ed, Deanna, Bentley, Ryan (and probably others)...it's played out, uninteresting, and way too scripted.

Booster Seat

Booster Seat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:19 PM

Just when I think that Ashley finally picked something tasteful and almost demure (for her) for the rose ceremony, BAM, sideboob.

Ugh, I *hate* sideboob.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:22 PM

I agree that Ashley was a liar telling JP that both she and Constantine decided it wasn't going to work. She knows damn well she would have slept with Constantine in a minute, HE was the one who ended it.

JP is going to bust a vein when he sees her saying she felt like she was on her honeymoon with Ben. I have NOT been spoilered but I am assuming JP will be the one she chooses.

Is Ryan auditioning to be the next Bachelor now that he is "open to love"? gag! And if she didn't want him that was mean to make him wait around for days.

How stupid, the dramatic long pause before saying their names for the roses. gag me again!

Darn it, I was hoping to see the drama with her family this week....

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:25 PM

A few things. First when Ryan said he called Chris I laughed. So Scripted. Like Chris is the producer and calls the shots. Not quite. And how Ashley said she can't believe Ryan flew out there. Hello, they probably paid his way.
I am so sick of bachelors/bachelorettes say "I can totally see myself with him or her" it's used almost said as much as "amazing journey"
Is it just an assumption she sleeps with all of them?(assuming they all accept)Maybe I'm old fashion but isn't that a bit much in a short amount of time? Plus Brad not long ago.

In the past they didn't always propose why do they have to now? Why can't they just pick the one they like best and get to know them off the show.

Shant

Shant

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

It was pretty obvious that Constantine wasn't getting a rose after this set of dates. He probably picked up on that fact early on and since he wasn't feeling it for her he decided to cut his losses and bail early. So yes, in some respects it was partly her decision that he leave. If she really wanted him to stay she would have tried to get him to stay.

That whole Ryan situation and the unnecessary rose ceremony and pre ceremony nonsense was so producer driven. Seeing how she pretty much tells JP about everything that is going on, I guess TPTB needed to create some dumb smokescreens to hide the fact that they act like a couple that has progressed past the usual "relationships" that happen on this show.

I could be totally wrong, but the more I watch those two together, the more I understand why we were subjected to all of the stupidity of this season. TPTB are allergic to the idea that a real love story can be shown without all of the false suspense and drama.

Her sister seems like she has huge attitude. The previews could be the usual load of crap, but from the tone of her voice and facial expressions, it looks like she hates the idea that Ashley might be happy and wants to sabotage her.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:28 PM

Ashley is such a liar! I can’t believe she told JP that the decision for Constantine to leave was mutual, when he was the one who dumped her. Stevie Wonder could see that Constantine wasn’t interested. When he was with her his body language spoke volumes, but she was determined to have him fall for her. Ten bucks says he is seeing one of the waitresses at his restaurant and that his family doesn’t know about it. I have a feeling that before they left for Fiji, Constantine told the producers how he felt. I think they brought Ryan back to boost her shaky self-esteem and prevent a meltdown. And, given that Ryan is going to be the next bachelor, this was the perfect opportunity for him to look heart broken and inform viewers that his heart is open for love – just like Jake and Ali.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

This show is so ridiculous sometimes. There were two guys and two roses left. Why all the (fake) suspense at the rose ceremony?

Ben and Ashley's date was so lacking in energy and spark that I nearly fell asleep. Not to mention her body language with him is so different from her body language with J.P. She and Ben looked like a brother and sister pretending to be boyfriend and girlfriend. On the other hand, was there a single moment that Ashley and J.P. weren't touching each other or looking like they couldn't wait to sex each other up? Did they even eat dinner before going to the fantasy suite? I can't help it; I kind of love watching them together. God help me.

Fleiss sure was working hard to set Ryan up as the next Bachelor, huh? That whole part of the episode was so awkward, unnecessary, and pathetic that it made me mad I was watching the show in real time.

jlc1967

jlc1967

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

That was the most blatant telegraphing of the next Bachelor ever. Really, and I mean it this time, I will not watch Ryan as the Bachelor.

Ashley is so .... average. So average. It's difficult to believe it took Constantine this long to say, "Errr, not interested." But good on him for the honesty. And could that be the most dispassionate goodbye ever? Ashley seemed profoundly untouched by his leaving.

I. Love. Ben. [Did she really sleep with him? I can't imagine. JP is the guy for her, but who knows.] I. Love. Ben.

And her voice. Gaaah. The worst. An adenoidal squirrel, that's what she sounds like. I'd poke my eyes out if I had to listen to that voice for more than 45 minutes a day. Well, more than five minutes a day.

bangs

bangs

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:32 PM

I could not be less interested in watching Ryan as the next Bachelor. He seems needier and more insecure than Ashley, and I didn't think that was humanly possible.

SilverLake0315

SilverLake0315

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:35 PM

I kind of love watching them together. God help me.

You are not alone. I love them together. What they have just seems very real to me. I will say that I have never liked Ben as much as I did during the toe discussion in the end tag. I must have watched that 5 times!

I could not be less interested in watching Ryan as the next Bachelor.

I feel the same way. I really don't think I can take an entire "season" of him. There is something about him I don't like, and I can't put my finger on it.

Edited by SilverLake0315, Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:37 PM.

TiredMe

TiredMe

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:38 PM

Gee I was on the edge of my seat during the rose ceremony wondering who she'd choose.....oh there was only two... that's right,another one walks away. Poor Ashley I do feel sorry for the poor girl. She's just trying to save face.

And calling Constantine a greek god??? Ick. His face just DOES NOT DO IT FOR ME. I was glad I was done eating when I heard that.

Fiji is stunning and it made me want to go there.

MerBear

MerBear

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:38 PM

I want to go to Fiji!! For the first time, I thought JP was mighty attractive. He looked so cute in Fiji.

Ashley looks much better when she's fresh-faced and not all fake-eyelashed and heavy eyelinered! (just made up those words)

I would actually watch Ryan as the Bachelor -- I like him alot and want him to find love.

I like Constantine too -- didn't care for him much until last week -- actually didn't even feel like I had a clue what he was like but he seems like a very solid guy. Ashley definitely altered the truth when she explained why Constantine left.

Ben is a sweetie but no way does she choose him. He's a boy and JP is a man.

Edited by MerBear, Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:40 PM.

loriro

loriro

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:42 PM

I can't help it; I kind of love watching them together. God help me.

Ditto. I fully admit that I'm a pushover, but I caught myself grinning like a fool while watching the two of them. I personally like JP and like the two of them together. I have only been watching this show for a few seasons, and I know so much of this sh-tuff is totally manufactured, but their relationship seems different than a lot of the others I've seen. There seems to be a connection between the two of them on several levels... obviously they are physically attracted to each other, but she also seems to be totally comfortable telling him about everything else that's going on with her. Call me crazy, but (considering all of the craziness and downright manufactured crap that goes on on this show) that actually could really be an indication that there really is a there there (if you know what I mean).

That said... I also think Ben's a doll. Funny enough, even though JP is the one who goes on and on about being hurt before, Ben strikes me as more fragile. If she ends up choosing JP, I hope Ben takes it ok. There's something about his big puppy-dog eyes that makes me want to take care of him!

Ryan... wtf... really? He just decided to fly to Fiji??

Girlfriend has the worst fashion sense EVER. Does she OWN a shirt or dress that doesn't have racerback? And someone needs to tell her that it's all about balance;; if you show a ton of skin on top...cover up below and vice versa. She reminded me of Britney Spears with the too-short top and the short shorts.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

Well, the PVR cut out just as she gave JP the fantasy suite card...I'm assuming he says yes, LOL.

I did not like they way she told JP about Constantine, but for a different reason..... she told JP that she sent 2 men home this week. Well, since at that point he didn't know about Ryan, for a minute he had to think that he was F1. And then she tells him about Ryan. At least she didn't dither about Ryan, except of course, for keeping him waiting until after he could film some scenes of him moping in Fiji.

Even without seeing the Fantasy Suite portion of her date with JP... her connection to JP is on another level. They are always touching and kissing and just so much more natural together. JP FTW.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:56 PM

I don't think that leaving Ryan hanging that long was her idea, I'm about 99.9 percent sure that the producers wanted him there that long so they could do their shots of him waiting and wondering. If they knew Constantine was going to be leaving (which they very well may have known ahead of time), they probably wanted her to go see Ryan after Constantine left, to let people wonder if she was going to have Ryan slip into Constantine's spot.

Ashley has a lousy poker face. The difference in her reactions, even her voice, with JP as opposed to anyone else is noticeable. At the end there, before the RC, when she said she has JP and Ben there, her voice went up and just sounded bubbly when she said "JP" and went back down when she said "Ben."

I noticed a lot of similarities between tonight's show and the Brad's season. We had the date Ashley herself had - the awkward, it's just not there, date. And while Ashley didn't leave or get the boot on the date, she also didn't leave the traditional way (Brad took her aside before the RC and said goodbye). Then Ben had the Chantal date, complete with the "look, our fantasy suite is open to the outside" element. This one wasn't as open as a treehouse, but it still had that open air thing going that they made a point to acknowledge. Then JP got the "we're just going to dump the two of you out on this island to be by yourselves," date. I think that might have been Emily's date on the last episode, and not the second to last, but, still, the similarities are rather blatant.

At this point, I think it's still obvious JP is the one. The stuff she was saying about Ben was the same kind of stuff the leads always say about the F2. At one point there was a mention of how Ben was the guy you'd get if wrote up a list of features for the right guy for her. That's the same "on paper, he/she is exactly what I would say I wanted," spiel that they all say. What's left unsaid is "but, that's on paper, in reality..."

When Ashley told JP that she'd sent two people home already, he honestly looked like he was going to start crying (happy tears) at the thought that she'd already sent the rest of the guys home. I really do think that these two are actually genuinely in love with each other.

IrishDC

IrishDC

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 9:57 PM

Her sister seems like she has huge attitude. The previews could be the usual load of crap, but from the tone of her voice and facial expressions, it looks like she hates the idea that Ashley might be happy and wants to sabotage her.

I may disagree with this one. i recall we saw her before when Ashley was in Brad's season. Ashley's sister seemed to know what she was talking about while Ashley's talking like she didn't get it. Now she kept saying like, "I like you and i am happy you are here" all the time so she kept saying that again and again so sounds like she's stuck somewhere at some point. It's like she couldn't develop somewhere that her guys could develop more than she bargained for. It's a pretty evident in this season we are watching now, Ashley does not get a clue what she wants to look for in a guy. I call it, a confusing woman. This is why Lucas, Mickey, Bentley, Constantine, Blake and I don't know who else (I remember a guy who was out because he said he would start dating when he get home and Ashley didn't like it) were not interested in Ashley. That was a lot of guys who were not interested. The most in a show I ever seen. That explains why Ashley's sister knows her side that we don't know. It will be an interesting episode to watch.

Constantine did the right thing. I knew he and Ashley wouldn't last.

Is Ryan auditioning to be the next Bachelor now that he is "open to love"? gag! And if she didn't want him that was mean to make him wait around for days.

I hope not. He's real nice guy, but we don't see much romance in this guy so it's hard for women to go crazy over him. Am I wrong? If Ames wants to be a bachelor then that make sense, because he did show his romantic side of him unlike Ryan. If Ames turn out to be a bachelor, I hope to see a bunch of Ivy Bachelorettes (Ivy League women) trying to win Ames' heart. THat would be cool and fun to watch. I seriously doubt the ABC would go for it, because it will be less drama so the ABC would pick someone who will bring much drama.

Edited by IrishDC, Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:02 PM.

Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

Why does anyone ever get to come back, just by asking? She already let him go, why does he get another chance and not another guy?

Her eating, poking at her teeth, twisting her mouth......ugh. I don't think we've ever seen a bachelorette eat as often as we've seen Ashley. Especially interesting because she must weigh about 90 lbs.

I admire Constantine. He could have slept with her if he wanted, just for kicks. He probably already knew he was #3 and wasn't going to be staying so he could have had a night of free love. Maybe.

Edited by Georgie Girl, Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:06 PM.

jopatura

jopatura

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

Did anyone think Ben looked slightly sick when he had to accept the rose? I wonder if possibly Constantine got to the producers first...

If Fleiss pulls a switcharoo like on Jesse's? season, where the "winner" got out of the limo first, I'm going to through my remote at the TV and he's going to owe me a new screen. I just can't imagine at this point JP not being F1. No matter what the sister says.

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

Ben looks like a cuter version of the Geico caveman:

http://www.bing.com/... ...89E&first=0

And I really don't mean that in a bad way!

It is so obvious that she pick JP. No contest.

Edited by TomGirl, Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:09 PM.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

If Fleiss pulls a switcharoo like on Jesse's? season, where the "winner" got out of the limo first, I'm going to through my remote at the TV and he's going to owe me a new screen.

The only reason why Jessica, the winner, went first was because Tara, the runner-up, got violently ill on the way to the rose ceremony. Her nerves got the better of her. I'm surprise this doesn't happen more often.

Edited by Firthient, Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:18 PM.

Placard

Placard

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:18 PM

Suggestion Ashley: It's not really a good thing to suck and pick your teeth while making eye to eye contact with a guy over a romantic dinner. Or any dinner.

commentator

commentator

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:22 PM

Fiji is stunning and it made me want to go there.

Yes! I've always drooled over Fiji in movies, etc. Absolutely breathtaking.

I'm sick of people coming back for another chance or whatever. I have nothing against Ryan, but he always seems like he's auditioning for the local TV news anchor or weatherman. Also tired of them using rejects; I'd rather see new blood for the Bachelor and Bachelorette.

Edited by commentator, Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:31 PM.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:32 PM

If you played a drinking game based on how often Ashley is holding a drink, you'd be smashed at the end of the first hour. Girl seems to need her liquor bad!

She had already told JP about Constantine leaving, as we saw during her fantasy date with JP, but then at the final rose ceremony she said she had to tell both of them about Constantine leaving--even though she apparently had been jilted by Constantine after her date with Ben, the wording just struck me as weird (why didn't she say, "I already told JP..." or something like that? The way she said it made it sound like she was trying to cover up how much she shares with JP or something). She's making it pretty obvious who she cares about.

The whole Ryan thing was so bogus that both Ryan and Ashley had trouble not laughing through his explanation about coming back. "So I called Chris...." Sure he did. And of course the show paid him and picked up the tab for his expenses in Fiji. Just so stupid.

Mr. MML and I had a good laugh when Ben vowed to tell Ashley "I love you" before his date--but then he voiced over at the end of the date that he was going to wait to say it. Wha'?

I hope she finds true love. And that no one else walks out on her.

Edited by Makemelaugh, Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:40 PM.

jette

jette

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:33 PM

I'm about 99.9 percent sure that the producers wanted him there that long so they could do their shots of him waiting and wondering.

But KerlyQ, how long was long, really? Ryan was doing all that waiting (perched inside a rock formation shaped like a giant monster's mouth BTW, foreshadowing his impending doom, perhaps?) in the same clothes that he was wearing when he answered the door supposedly "days" later.

mamiesan

mamiesan

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:38 PM

For my money, the BEST (and by best, I mean most pathetic, obvious and fake scene) was Ryan wading (and waiting) in the ocean and then looking to the sky and "seeing a helicopter." Right after they showed us Ashley and Constantine taking off in a helicopter. PLEASE!!!!! So we're supposed to think while Ryan is pining away for Ashley, she is literally flying over him with some other guy. Cheesy editing at its best.

Ryan is a bad actor. I didn't believe for one second he cared about Ashley.

Edited by mamiesan, Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:40 PM.

ranchergirl

ranchergirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:45 PM

Mr. Ranchergirl took one look at Assley perched on Ben's crotch when they where on the boat and wanted to know what happens if he has a boner when he stands up? I told Mr. Ranchergirl that I would consult the forum.

jalapeno

jalapeno

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 11:32 PM

Mr. Ranchergirl took one look at Assley perched on Ben's crotch when they where on the boat and wanted to know what happens if he has a boner when he stands up?

Year after year (and I've watched this show from Season 1 Alex except for Prince L), for the life of me I can never grasp how the lead can get so physical with the "runner-up"...regardless who she picks.

Ryan is way too girly man and feminine for me to ever watch a season with him as the Bachelor. And this will only be my 2nd missed season EVER, which shows how low my bar is set. Is he confirmed or is the info still a guess?